PDA

View Full Version : BAAF 2005 the greatest show on earth?

dressdragn
04-18-2004, 10:45 AM
well since we have a whole extra year to plan... I think we can make a firec come back at BAAF 2005.

so whats everyone doing?

~Anna

Cyber Wolf
04-18-2004, 05:44 PM
"firec"? @_@; Sorry, but I'm a little confused ^^;;;;

Peachy Momo
04-18-2004, 11:44 PM
I think she meant either "fire or fierce comback", lol! ;)
So what are everyone's plans for this grand comeback to BAAF 2005!!?
Yay! Now BAAF 2005 costumes can be worked on with more effort and less rushing, since we do have quite some time. (^_^)
Since BAAF does have a lot of time to plan and everything, I do hope they make it a really great one!! :)

TheAnarCHris
04-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Ending the FFu Series....yeah that's right,the final installment....which promises to be the best one to date.

Peachy Momo
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Wah!! FFU ending!?? Why oh why Big Bro!? >_<

TheAnarCHris
04-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Simple. I rather go out on top than for the series to go to crap and go out on it's hindlegs. That and with FFu3's success and the absoulte awesomeness that FFu4 will deliver, it's gonna get harder and harder to top each performance.

dressdragn
04-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Simple. I rather go out on top than for the series to go to crap and go out on it's hindlegs. That and with FFu3's success and the absoulte awesomeness that FFu4 will deliver, it's gonna get harder and harder to top each performance.

FFU5 the last FFU skit?

wow. thats heavy.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
04-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Yup. While I do love the FFus, and Final Fantasy cosplay in general, I'm probably gonna stop masquerading although after BaaF 2k5.....probably continuing through 2k6, and call it quits from that point on....although I might do another skit between BaaF2k5 and "the end" should the situation where I can't pass a certain skit should arrise.

Cyber Wolf
04-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Hmm, I should make that Freya Crescent costume I've been thinking about then ^^. That is, assuming I could play a part in your skit ^^;;;

TheAnarCHris
04-20-2004, 11:55 PM
I make no promises when it comes to skit, seeing how all of my BaaF activites have been put on hold til next year. I'll see what i can do.

KaineMaxwell
04-21-2004, 06:07 PM
What were the other FFus?

RoboGundam6
04-22-2004, 12:09 PM
WAIT DID YOU SAY FFU!
WHERE YOU AT 2001's FFU Skit!? I think it was on a Saturday, but not sure!

dressdragn
04-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Yup. While I do love the FFus, and Final Fantasy cosplay in general, I'm probably gonna stop masquerading although after BaaF 2k5.....probably continuing through 2k6, and call it quits from that point on....although I might do another skit between BaaF2k5 and "the end" should the situation where I can't pass a certain skit should arrise.

won't the 2005 skit be FFU5, since the # 4 does not exist? I think it should be.

Just let them wonder what they missed.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
04-22-2004, 06:13 PM
WAIT DID YOU SAY FFU!
WHERE YOU AT 2001's FFU Skit!? I think it was on a Saturday, but not sure!

Yeah.....Seeing how it's kinda my franchise I was there that Saturday...stupid tech problems........would have made the skit somewhat bearable...although seeing Carrie pull a Janet Jackson of sorts was pretty freakin funny.

And yeah DD it's gonna be FFu5...because well, there is no 4.

Cyber Wolf
04-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I think she meant either "fire or fierce comback", lol! ;)
So what are everyone's plans for this grand comeback to BAAF 2005!!?
Yay! Now BAAF 2005 costumes can be worked on with more effort and less rushing, since we do have quite some time. (^_^)
Since BAAF does have a lot of time to plan and everything, I do hope they make it a really great one!! :)

Oh yeah, thanks for explaining. ^^;;;

KaineMaxwell
04-24-2004, 08:34 AM
What is it, man???

RoboGundam6
04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
See cuz I saw the FFU in 2001, I think I have pictures actully too! I was in the front row with the Sailor Moon group...but I had long hair at the time LOL!

And just for civilans who don't know what FFU is, it is "Final Fantasy Universe".

TheAnarCHris
04-27-2004, 04:33 PM
See cuz I saw the FFU in 2001, I think I have pictures actully too! I was in the front row with the Sailor Moon group...but I had long hair at the time LOL!

And just for civilans who don't know what FFU is, it is "Final Fantasy Universe".

Actually the true meaning behind F.F.U. is all in the name. Drop the first "F" and you get the secret meaning.

RoboGundam6
04-29-2004, 11:37 AM
So you mean it has nothing to do with fudge?! O_o; NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAnarCHris
04-29-2004, 04:35 PM
No, but I have no quarrels with fudge.

Sorahana
04-29-2004, 09:05 PM
*roflmao*
This is what BAAF should be like next year:
BAAF '05' "The con where everyone is dressed up like a moogle and runs around and bumps into walls"
-the screening rooms will play "Doggy Poo" on repeat
-the guests will only speak gibberish
-karaoke will only allow one song to be sang........a DBZ song
-cosplay skits will be limited to 2 secs
-there will be no food.................you'll have to go canibal for this one
-no singing, dancing,laughing, talking whatsoever

I found this funny lol XD;. Although its not true at all lol.

KaineMaxwell
04-30-2004, 10:19 AM
That's moreso disturbing than anything else.

Mooglecon!!

Sorahana
04-30-2004, 03:05 PM
BAAF is now "Mooglecon" *roflmao*. Guess we better start on our Moogle bodysuits *roflmao* There are gonna be alot of headless moogles at this Mooglecon (since the bodysuits will be so hot no one will wanna wear their mooglehead) lol XD;

KaineMaxwell
05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Lemme guess, the message of Mooglecon will be delivered by Mognet as well?

Sorahana
05-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh but of course!! Everyone begin prep and costumes for "Mooglecon"! *roflmao*
BAAF 05 better be good or else I'll poke their staff with sticks >_<.

RoboGundam6
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
But Moogles run USPS trucks! Thats what i get run over by usually!..and grunties!

Anyway did anyone get the Genericon flyer form the Sakura Festival? It had soem pretty GUNDAM good ideas!
-(Could be) Anime Karioke
-101 Anime
omg SO MUCH FUN IDEAS!

So...hint HINT BAAF 05'...and no more yelling volenteers too!

TheAnarCHris
05-04-2004, 12:23 PM
But Moogles run USPS trucks! Thats what i get run over by usually!..and grunties!

Anyway did anyone get the Genericon flyer form the Sakura Festival? It had soem pretty GUNDAM good ideas!
-(Could be) Anime Karioke
-101 Anime
omg SO MUCH FUN IDEAS!

So...hint HINT BAAF 05'...and no more yelling volenteers too!

::Shudders:: Genericon is usually filled with 18-middle aged stinky fans boys RG6, so you might wanna stay clear of it. Also it's smack dab in the middle of no-where-ville,NY.

RoboGundam6
05-04-2004, 02:06 PM
I know that, but it does have some good ideas!

Believe me I know about "shady"-cons. @_@;. Hehe! DDR Competion sounds like fun! But one prob...I can't DDR very well >_<;. LOL!

TheAnarCHris
05-04-2004, 05:41 PM
We had one at BaaF though..I would know, I ran the game room....not well,but I was there 90% of them time.

Sorahana
05-04-2004, 08:40 PM
We have a scifi/fantasy con here in December XD. I went to it last year. It was..........AWESOME!! They had alot of anime stuff in the dealer room and they had the chairman of Otakon there, and a bunch of other anime related peoples. And you could do skits and they had an anime mixer where we watched various animes and got tons of free anime stuff *_* (including a dvd with the first 2 epis of Fruits Basket) I dropped them a guest idea for this year but anyway it rocked and I'm definetely going again this year. My friend and I got paparazzied since we were the only anime cosplayers ^^; Everyone loved us lol. And the Philcon people said they wanna get some more anime people involved ^^.

Oh no.............THE MOOGLES RUN UPS NOW TOO?! NO!! *roflmao*

TheAnarCHris
05-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Oh no.............THE MOOGLES RUN UPS NOW TOO?! NO!! *roflmao*

Run, yes, drive no. The moogles let the Grunties drive the trucks around, while the moogles sleep in the back, drop off the packages and fly off. See Neoangelwink's signature for proof.

RoboGundam6
05-06-2004, 05:02 PM
USPS (United States Postal Service)
UPS (I forgot LOL!)

Either or...I still got run over by a reindeer...I mean Grunty ^^;.
NO I"M NOT A GRANDMA!!!

Anyway still for the BAAF 05' I suggest a BETTER DATE WHEN NO CONENTIONS ARE IN TOWN OTHER THAN THE BAAF!!! Thats what i think we all really want LOL!

Xaosin
11-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Oh hell yeah we're going to make BAAF 2005 even BETTER to make up for this year's cancellation. Best believe that! ;)

KaineMaxwell
12-01-2004, 10:15 AM
USPS (United States Postal Service)
UPS (I forgot LOL!)

Either or...I still got run over by a reindeer...I mean Grunty ^^;.
NO I"M NOT A GRANDMA!!!

Anyway still for the BAAF 05' I suggest a BETTER DATE WHEN NO CONENTIONS ARE IN TOWN OTHER THAN THE BAAF!!! Thats what i think we all really want LOL!
Well, we don't have to worry about Republician conventions for another 4 years, so that's a start. :P

dressdragn
12-01-2004, 10:21 AM
::Shudders:: Genericon is usually filled with 18-middle aged stinky fans boys RG6, so you might wanna stay clear of it. Also it's smack dab in the middle of no-where-ville,NY.

Dear C T,

Funny that no-where-ville is Troy NY.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
12-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey, hey, just coz my last name is it in, doesn't mean it's good. Look at "Troy" the movie. It was pretty lame.

Sorahana
12-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Run, yes, drive no. The moogles let the Grunties drive the trucks around, while the moogles sleep in the back, drop off the packages and fly off. See Neoangelwink's signature for proof.

*lmfao* I can't let my Grunty get near a UPS truck then.......*sees her Grunty make a run for it* I SEE YOU >=O!!

BAAF is evil and hasn't said a word since like earlier this year -.- let's go ransack their village and grind their bones to make our bread and all that goofy stuff XD.

Maester Seymour
12-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh hell yeah we're going to make BAAF 2005 even BETTER to make up for this year's cancellation. Best believe that! ;)

I hope to help make it really cool. I'm hoping to go for the whole con next year, but i may just be able to come only one day. but no matter what my group is going to be performing the gekiai merry-go-round pv, a song of psycho le cemu's for the masquerade. im learning the video right now, its really hard but will come out nice in the end. we'd like to get all the group members but right now:

we have: yura (miya~kome), aya (me), daishi (sa-chan), and seek (Saria)
we need: lida

so if u r interested please PM me and let me know lol

Saria
12-26-2004, 04:51 PM
seeeeeeek.

So. Does anyone wanna give the nice Saria the date for this con? >>; I'm to lazy to check, due to my computer being massivly slow. oo;

.. and if there is no date, then I am sorry. XD

ChocoKyo666
12-26-2004, 07:48 PM
I hope to help make it really cool. I'm hoping to go for the whole con next year, but i may just be able to come only one day. but no matter what my group is going to be performing the gekiai merry-go-round pv, a song of psycho le cemu's for the masquerade. im learning the video right now, its really hard but will come out nice in the end. we'd like to get all the group members but right now:

we have: yura (miya~kome), aya (me), and daishi (sa-chan)
we need: seek and lida

so if u r interested please PM me and let me know lol

XO i want BAAF 05!! XO OX

that would be cool to see ^__^ the dance is really easy ^__^ i learned the whole parapara in a couple of hours (like 3 XD and my friend who is gonna be my yura learned it as well so we can dance at AnimeNext! 05..or was it Otakon.. XD) i wish i could be in your group T.T but i cant be seek -.-; nor lida... >__<

Cyber Wolf
12-26-2004, 09:03 PM
We can do it at both Beckt XD XD! Weeee, I can't wait for BAAF! Because there wasn't one this year, I went through some bad convention withdrawal @_@

Oi~ we need a gekiai group too...*pesters her friends*

Sorahana
12-27-2004, 01:44 PM
XO i want BAAF 05!! XO OX

that would be cool to see ^__^ the dance is really easy ^__^ i learned the whole parapara in a couple of hours (like 3 XD and my friend who is gonna be my yura learned it as well so we can dance at AnimeNext! 05..or was it Otakon.. XD) i wish i could be in your group T.T but i cant be seek -.-; nor lida... >__<

I know the para-para for "Yume Kazaguruma" lol XD

BAAF COME BACK OR ELSE YOU GET JABBED WITH KATANAS!! >=O *lmao*

I'd so be Lida...but I'd need help with it ^^;.

ChocoKyo666
12-27-2004, 01:51 PM
I know the para-para for "Yume Kazaguruma" lol XD

BAAF COME BACK OR ELSE YOU GET JABBED WITH KATANAS!! >=O *lmao*

I'd so be Lida...but I'd need help with it ^^;.

XD the Yume parapara is super easy XD XD

yes BAAF needs to come back >O -takes out katana-

Maester Seymour
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
update: we got a seek. ::points to saria:: so now we have 4/5 members.

chocokyo-- you learned the whole gekiai parapara in 3 hours? that sounds pretty crazy. did you look at like all the details and stuff? maybe its just me but its been taking a lot longer than three hours with all the diff steps and figuring out what goes on when you dont see yura and aya. maybe im just being a stupid perfecitonist about it? lol i dno so yay.. baaf masquerade 05 now is:

gmgr group --------

aya - me
yura - miya~kome
seek - saria
daishi - sa-chan
lida - WANTED! XD

ChocoKyo666
12-27-2004, 05:24 PM
:D yup took me 3hrs :D i know all the steps even the ones you cant see in the PV XP i can do it perfect*O* i'm just a fast learner i guess ^__^;; it took me about 1hr to learn the prism parapra @__@and i learned some of their other dances they do ^__^;;

Maester Seymour
12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
:D yup took me 3hrs :D i know all the steps even the ones you cant see in the PV XP i can do it perfect*O* i'm just a fast learner i guess ^__^;; it took me about 1hr to learn the prism parapra @__@and i learned some of their other dances they do ^__^;;

thats pretty impressive. I guess if i sat down for a continuous block of 3 hrs, taking notes and practicing I could have it down. I'm doing it in chunks of time, maybe thats y its taking me longer. hopefully when u watch our group go up on stage you will think we did a good job with it ^_^

Sorahana
12-28-2004, 11:25 AM
thats pretty impressive. I guess if i sat down for a continuous block of 3 hrs, taking notes and practicing I could have it down. I'm doing it in chunks of time, maybe thats y its taking me longer. hopefully when u watch our group go up on stage you will think we did a good job with it ^_^

Can I stand by with pom poms and be like the random group fangirl? *roflmfao*

Ok I totally should not have just ate pure sugar O_O.......I'm so friggin off the wall now XD.

Ok back on topic you guys will rock and I'll cry as I usually do when you and others do skits lol ^^;.
Hmmmmm.........I'm tempted to bring the camcorder for this one *cackles* >=D

Saria
12-28-2004, 06:11 PM
x__X; God, I just watched the PV about 5 times, and I'm still lost. XDD Argh.
Meh, it'll all come to me after another 5 times. o_o; -Watches-

Maester Seymour
12-28-2004, 08:31 PM
x__X; God, I just watched the PV about 5 times, and I'm still lost. XDD Argh.
Meh, it'll all come to me after another 5 times. o_o; -Watches-

it gets frustrating to learn at first, but if you break it up and write down the moves, you'll get it. Seek doesnt do too much really, so you dont have to worry about much but air guitar strokes XD unless u actually have a guitar

Saria
12-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Ahh, good! XDD I was all worried. <<; I wish I did have an air guitar. ;_;

.. I should get an inflatable one. XDDD!

Maester Seymour
12-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Ahh, good! XDD I was all worried. <<; I wish I did have an air guitar. ;_;

.. I should get an inflatable one. XDDD!

haha! actually that may be a good idea just to have with you, its still a prop lol. Just buy a blue one and pretend to play it however seek does in the video. ignore the individual scenes with him, because we're going to be staying in the positions where you see all 5 members on the flying pads. the only two of us that are going to move is our yura and me, aya, during Lida's rap. We were thinking about getting a blown up picture of *lida* to stand up during that part since chances r low we'll find someone to do it XD

Sorahana
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
haha! actually that may be a good idea just to have with you, its still a prop lol. Just buy a blue one and pretend to play it however seek does in the video. ignore the individual scenes with him, because we're going to be staying in the positions where you see all 5 members on the flying pads. the only two of us that are going to move is our yura and me, aya, during Lida's rap. We were thinking about getting a blown up picture of yura to stand up during that part since chances r low we'll find someone to do it XD

Don't you mean Lida? Lol.
I said I'd be Lida but I'd need help with it ;___;! I wanna be the gangster and rap!! *lmao*

Ok enough of that........I am tempted to run off and watch that video more thanks alot T_T.....Yura smiles too much in it haha.

Saria
12-29-2004, 11:36 AM
haha! actually that may be a good idea just to have with you, its still a prop lol. Just buy a blue one and pretend to play it however seek does in the video. ignore the individual scenes with him, because we're going to be staying in the positions where you see all 5 members on the flying pads. the only two of us that are going to move is our yura and me, aya, during Lida's rap. We were thinking about getting a blown up picture of yura to stand up during that part since chances r low we'll find someone to do it XD

Wheee, okay! I shall buy one on eBay! XDD -Can't wait-

Amanda would be a good Lida! XDD -Can picture her doing the gangster rap- XD

Miya~Kome
12-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Yura smiles too much in it haha.

i hope i can manage to be that perky, laughing gas anyone? lol

Saria
12-29-2004, 03:51 PM

Oooh, my seekyness will make ya perky! ^__^

Miya~Kome
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
haha i'm sure that'll help ^^

Sorahana
12-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Wheee, okay! I shall buy one on eBay! XDD -Can't wait-

Amanda would be a good Lida! XDD -Can picture her doing the gangster rap- XD

Awww thanks Saria ^________^.

Oh come on Alex, we're the cosplay whores so you will be a perky Yura-sama ^O^!!

Maester Seymour
12-29-2004, 09:07 PM

i would only hope the awesomeness of cosplaying yurasama would kick in and you'd be a smiley mess XD

Sorahana
12-29-2004, 09:23 PM
i would only hope the awesomeness of cosplaying yurasama would kick in and you'd be a smiley mess XD

That'll work....but you should have something on hand in case it doesn't XD.

I wanna be......Lida T_T;; lol.

Miya~Kome
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
That'll work....but you should have something on hand in case it doesn't XD.

yeah like some random guy in the crowd who'd shout 'boobs!' and start dancing around whenever i'm not smiling. i'll get to see how happy cosplaying yura will make me when i do his roman hikou first (in time for kosaikon maybe?) so hopefully we won't have to resort to that XD

loliheaven
01-14-2005, 07:55 AM
rumo has it that there is a Baaf 2005 of sep 2-4. it was in a new type mag i hope it does happen 4 real.

Sorahana
01-14-2005, 03:35 PM
rumo has it that there is a Baaf 2005 of sep 2-4. it was in a new type mag i hope it does happen 4 real.

In Animerica, they have BAAF listed as a con thats the Inuyasha TCG tournament is going to be at, but no dates...it just said "August".

Miya~Kome
01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
i really hope it's in like mid-august instead of end of august/september, since that's when most schools are starting (are you reading this baaf?) lol
i mean i'd be going either way, but it'd just be a lot more convenient.

PatrickD
01-15-2005, 01:19 AM

Newtype USA has yet to print a convention listing without a mistake. Last time I looked, they had AX Tokyo listed for 2005 too...but there isn't one. There's no BAAF scheduled either.

PatrickD
01-15-2005, 01:21 AM
In Animerica, they have BAAF listed as a con thats the Inuyasha TCG tournament is going to be at, but no dates...it just said "August".

Heh... That tournament also lists Anime Boston. I'm the convention chairman of Anime Boston and was surprised to see that. It was news to me.

...so, yeah. I don't think that list is too accurate.

loliheaven
01-15-2005, 01:40 AM
for those who are in NEW york tom ther is a jrock meet up at
New York City J Rock January Meetup

When: Saturday, January 15 at 3:00PM
Where: Push Cafe
294 3RD Ave
New York, NY 10010
(212) 477-8100
See who's coming or update your RSVP:
http://jrock.meetup.com/33/events/3924138/

loliheaven
01-18-2005, 07:08 AM
well i guess the people on this site are wrong.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/events.php

They also have BAAF on sep 2-5.

PatrickD
01-20-2005, 08:11 AM
After AXNY and BAAF in 2002, BAAF announced dates for 2003, 2004, and 2005. Those quickly went out the window when 2004 didn't happen, but apparently ANN hasn't updated their list. (I believe they still listed 2004 as well.)

Meanwhile, check out this news article:
http://www.anime-cons.com/news/article.shtml/114
John O'Donnell of Central Park Media, one of the organizations responsible for Big Apple Anime Fest, has informed Anime-Cons.com that he is "unaware of any plans for BAAF 2005 at this time."

I don't know how much more of an official announcement you'll ever find.

Selphie_fairy
01-23-2005, 12:19 AM
BAAF most likely died so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen this year (although the con does hold a special meaning in my heart :sniff: )

BlackieChuu
01-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Same here. BAAF 2003 was my 1st straight-up anime con ever, and my 1st time cosplaying.

~Blackei~

echocharlie
01-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Same here. BAAF 2003 was my 1st straight-up anime con ever, and my 1st time cosplaying.

~Blackei~

I also attended BAAF 2003 (and 2002 and 2001), but I've always found it to be lacking something. It's just so Industry-oriented compared to some other shows.

RoboGundam6
01-31-2005, 10:23 AM
The website still ha the same old stuff, and the forums has only 2 people as regulars, I think 'for now' its pretty much dead.

KaineMaxwell
02-03-2005, 10:10 AM
BAAF's dead. least it was good while it lasted.

TheAnarCHris
02-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Yar, with BaaF's death, I kinda lost some interest in cosplaying...I mean BaaF was the home con, and there's just some things it had going for it that cpns like animeNEXt, whatever the hell shoujocon is suppose to be called now, and even the mighty Otakon can never fill. Maybe it the memories, the fact that BaaF 2003 was the only con I actually worked for and did other things that were illegal (like throwing a party in the game room after hours..), but..I dunno....now I'm getting all wishy washy.

But I've decided to end the FFU cosplay series peremantly as of BaaF's (and from the way things are going for them, CPM) demise. It had a good run thought, winning awards for 2 out of the 3 years it existed...or two for two if I pretend AXY never happend. And while there's a million things I've found untrue on this thread regarding BaaF and how it was ran and what have you not, that someone should be blasted for, I'm just gonna let it slide for now, until I'm filled with alcoholic rage and stumble across this thread again......

PIKA PIKA!

ByronSpiegal
03-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I have so many fond memories of BAAF, and hurts me to see it end, there was just something , more personable about it as opposed to Otakon, which as a whole left me somewhat unfufilled, oh well at least there's still Anime Next

Sakura987
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Wah! I hope it didn't die b/c in mid 2003 I was planning on going to the 2004 one for the first time, but then they had to cancel it.