PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone!

Admin
04-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Aside from the first few hours of rain, the entire thing was a success! We're estimating the attendance at just over 150 people when you include those who had to leave before or didn't come till after the group photo. One can only wonder how many more would have shown up if it weren't for the initial crappy weather. :)

I'm already working on my photos and may have some up tonight. Eurobeat King has a bunch up already.

Thank you to everyone who helped with cooking (and holding the umbrellas while we all cooked) - especially Enishi who took over for me for the rest of the cooking duties so I could finally get out and take some photos. Everyone else who helped, it was all a blur so I'm not going to try to remember names, just know you were appreciated.

So, the 2004 picnic was a success. We will be reprising the campout late this summer and I will post information on that soon.

Anele
04-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Campout too? I think I already have to start [early] planning for that. (Carpools, maybe... hehehe)

Reaver
04-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Man, I will so go to that! XD Nothing will stop me from goin gto that ! (Cept maybe my mommy X3). Where is it gonna be?

AgentSakur9
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
THANK YOU for hosting the picnic. As this being my first one to attend, I really had a wonderful time! I have never met a finer bunch of people! Sigh... I spent more time talking with people than taking pictures. arghhh...*sob* I've never felt so welcome at an event!

So yeah my lame coverage should be up by Thursday Morning. I see Al beat me to posting so no real reason to be in a hurry now. HA HA HA HA. I think I have a little over a hunderd pictures taken, and a few "photoshoot style" shots. Oh yeah, what in the heck am I going to do with 2 Cases of Water (I gave two away!) . Darn weather, I was hoping it would be hot so I can unload them all. Sighhhhhhhhh

I made some good friends and caught up with old ones. Thank You SO MUCH for having this event.

Oh yeah one more thing, the Cosplay.com Staff rock! NUFF' SAID

AgentSakur9 (The one in the Prisoner of Azkaban Shirt)

Lord Masamune
04-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Another year, another picnic, another REALLY fun experience!! Thanks again for hosting, Admin! Though slightly more soggy then last year, much awesomeness was had!

*does his world-renouned impression of a Talking Raccoon*

Where be drakes?

HowlinMadMurphy
04-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, we should be thanking YOU! It was great! And the rain made it an adventure :P

ZiggyB
04-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes yes, I'd like to throw in my thanks as well. For convincing me to drive down and take part in the picnic. Woohoo! I had a great time. :)

P-chan
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
I agree that this picnic was awsome...

i diddnt get there til after the group photo T_T :thumbsup:

but thats alright... i hope to see you all again in the future... and maybe i will not spend too much time being hyperactive ADHD super pig *lost* :bigtu:

i met a bunch of people too...but... remembering names is the worst skill i got.

...namae o wasurete shimatta gomen nasai....

also i rarely get to see people or talk to you all... but i shall try harder.. T_T

Fun times though... good good. hmm hmm... gotta do this again sometime. I really enjoyed frisbie! XD and the food... filling :thumbsup:
see yall later!

Reaver
04-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah! And to whoever brought the UFO frisbee, that was toight! X3 Even though I had to fish it out of the tree twice and my brother (as Batman) had to get it like 5 times! XD

stefaniecat
04-19-2004, 08:46 PM
No, thank you for putting this on!

I had fun, though I was only there for a few hours (new girl in cinnamon buns and all black SWAT style gear) and would definitly come to an event again - the campout sounds awesome. I will keep my eyes out for that announcement, and will also try and have a _warm_ costume finished for that one... so close...

Emiko
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
So, the 2004 picnic was a success. We will be reprising the campout late this summer and I will post information on that soon.

WOOHOO!!! I would LOVE to come to the campout!!! :)

I had a great time at the picnic. Thanks to the Cosplay.com staff for putting it on, and to everyone else for being fun to hang out with! You rock!

-Emiko (Mimi from Digimon - the one in the pink dress and cowboy hat)

Clueless Case
04-19-2004, 10:53 PM
It was fun. It was cool meeting new ppl. I met ppl again from previous events. Maybe next time it wont ,

enishi
04-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Glad I could be of service. :burger:

Yuna
04-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Burger boy who smelt of the meat.

Rey-Rey
04-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks for putting this on, man. It was great seeing old and new faces. :)

CinsAngel
04-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Thanks for yet another awsome time Admin! I had more fun at this one than the first picnic! the gatherings seem to jsut get better and better everytime:)
WOO! Another Campout! I should be able to drop in for a day again for that!...and I'll make sure I have a voice this time;)

Cins

Theshadow1625@a
04-20-2004, 01:39 AM
I really wish i could have gone, but I've just started to do this, abd I felt it wouldn't have been right just to show up without anything.

Maryssa
04-20-2004, 02:01 AM
I would just like to say THANK YOU to whoever brought the Brownie Bites.... even though I had like, 2 and then they disappeared by the next time I went to get some >.<

And always thanks to FUDGIE THE MERMAID. *bounce bounce*

AgentSakur9
04-20-2004, 02:20 AM
and I talked to the Governess Yuna!

AgentSakur9: Long time no see...
Yuna: Ya!
AgentSakur9: um...
Yuna: .......
AgentSakur9: uh.... *Blush*
(AgentSakur9 runs away)
Yuna: Mau?

It happened something like that....

DorkyVash
04-20-2004, 04:43 AM
It was cool, I was kindof anti social except a little before I left. Played some Super Smash Brothers Melee before I left... Still it was pretty cool, wished I wasn't so quiet and my tabi boots were not to big. =/

BlackDelo
04-20-2004, 11:04 AM
yeah..i was a little iffy about comming down from san jose to the picnic..but..it was damn worth it! thanks for keeping it organized and thanxs to everyone for making it a fun experience^_^

Pip Bernadette
04-20-2004, 11:06 AM
oops..the post by blackdelo was me><..my roomate forgot to log out><::curses at him::

Tetsugyu
04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, as many have said it is US who should thank you Kyle. Thank you for taking that extra time to get pictures of me in my costume, and not splitting hairs on how a tie change CAN'T Change you from a Manga version of a character, to an Anime retelling of a character, because it CAN! lol

Anyway, thanks again for hosting us and you know I come to all these damned things, so I'll be haning out in someone's tent again. This time, I'll try not to be so loud. *glares are Daitenshi* Think maybe we could get a spot deeper in the woods so I can't wake the sleeping campers? lol

Peace, and take care of yourself!

PS: Did you get a chance to check the storage for my stuff?

DorkyVash
04-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Hmm... camping...where is it going to be held and when. If it already happen then...whoops. Last time I camped is when I was in BoyScouts....yeah I was a Boyscout (eagle even) =P

Sagara-san
04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I have to say my thanx for everyone having the opportunity to enjoy the IBC drinks that I brought to the picnic. Next gathering or con we meet there will be plenty more. Thanks to my buddies who joined me for the Kill Bill vol.1 and vol.2 after picnic movie celebration.

Sana-chan: Enjoy the Pirates of the Carribean plaque that I stole just for you.

Yuna: Enjoy the Mini Ci-boys figurines.

The next time we meet will be just as fun.

Yuna
04-20-2004, 10:48 PM
thank you Sagara-san, you're very sweet.

Sakur9: You are very very silly, sorry I was so spacey

Sagara-san
04-21-2004, 01:14 AM
You're so very welcome Yuna!

duck
04-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Thank YOU, Admin.

I had a wonderful time, despite forgetting my costume and my cucumbers=).

You all rock.

Reaver
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Well, I just checked my calendar, and its seems clear enough to add a campout to it! XD I'll always make room for cosplay! X3

Anele
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Umm... on second thought, maybe I should plan early. XD

Any willing carpools? *innocent smile*

Reaver
04-21-2004, 05:37 PM
where do u live? I live around the Temecula Area. XD

Anele
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Temecula is too far, I wouldn't ask you to drive all the way here for me. XD I live in Ventura County, close to the L.A. County Line.

Reaver
04-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Ah! Well, if ne1 is needing a ride and lives round Temecula, I can see what I can do about giving rides! (If I can get one myself that is XD!)