PDA

View Full Version : darkening eyebrows?

Hinata
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
alright, my natural hair colour is a medium brown. and my eyebrows are light. as in, difficult to see in pictures, and quite sparse. I want my eyebrows to at least SHOW when I'm using my wig, so does anyone have any ideas? I hate using pencil, because it looks really fake; and too harsh. :waaaah:

livvylove
04-19-2004, 05:03 PM
try using a mascara, a thin one that doesnt clump. No one will be able to tell if you do it lightly. 1 stroke and that should be enough and then brush your eyebrows and dont rub them.

Senko-chan
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah, mascara will work, you could also use browliner. ^_^ I would consider getting like a waterproof / smugproof type of make up which ever you choose, cause it you sweat, it will come off or smudge. Even liquid eyeline would work I suppose...but that annoys my eyes because when it dries it feels...odd, best of luck to you! ^_^

mikazuki
04-19-2004, 05:34 PM
They beat me to the punch. ;)

A darker mascara will always work nicely. I use a light brown on my own eyebrows along with a pencil to extend the length.

If you use a pencil make sure you freeze it to keep that sharp point. :)

China-Lilly
04-20-2004, 01:44 AM
If your hair is just light, mascara will work, but since your brows are sparse too you may need to do some filling in as well. An alternative to pencil would be powder eyeshadow or eyebrow powder. You'd use a firm, slant-tipped brush to apply. Then brush through the brow with a clean mascara spoolie.

Stila makes a brow powder with 2 coordinated shades in a set. The darker shade is used where you have no hair, and the lighter where the hair is sparse.

You might also want to consider tinted eyebrow waxes since these will hold brows in place also. Benefit makes one called Eyezings, and I think mmucosmetics.com has one too.

Pata
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I use regular eyeshadow and a tapered eyebrow brush. Regular eyeshadow stays really well, and there's certainly a lot of colours to choose from. It's also really, really easy. And that brush is the most useful makeup tool I own *__*

livvylove
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
today on a morning show i saw some makeup tips and they talked about eyebrows. You can actually buy a stencle for your eyebrows and brush in the eyeshadow. They said to stay away from the brown pencles because they look more fake.

Drackt
05-03-2004, 08:14 PM
What advice would you give if you wanted your eyebrows to look THICKER as well as darker? I'm trying to avoid the whole awful Groucho-looking fiasco.

bipolarbunny
05-04-2004, 12:25 AM
i have black hair and i like to use a 6B art pencil. it's not BLACK-I-DREW-IN-MY-EYEBROWS-PH34R-7H3M!!!

You can use a 4B if you want because it smudges less, but you would have to press a bit harder to get it to apply to your skin.

I just use it to fill it the sparse spots on my eyebrows and blend in. it wears quite well over the day and it's really natural looking. i would not recommend using it to draw your eyebrows thicker because it might look funny, i would just suggest it as a filler or darkener.