PDA

View Full Version : katsuya (persona) costume question

SparkZero
04-19-2004, 08:50 PM
ok, after looking at about 20 tatsuya costumes, i've begun to wonder. is tatsuya wearing a hoody or a stand-up collar jacket. this is like one of the finishing touches on this costume and it looks different almost every time i see him.

Dia
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Oh, great, another Persona cosplayer! ^_^ (I'm doing Trish - progress in my gallery) After looking through my Persona World Guidance book, I'm pretty sure it's a hood with the funnel-neck looking front. It reminds me a bit of Naota from FLCL's collar + hood combination, actually, in that it stands up in the front but has a hood in the back (see attached image). Hope that makes sense, and good luck!

LordofWickd4est
04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Awesome. More people for Persona. I'll look forward to seeing your costume. I eventually want to do Baofu. I'm thinking that it is a hood too, though first I thought you meant katsuya. I always get those two mixed up.

Archelon
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
The Persona cosplayers are growing! I did a Katsuya Suou cosplay around Christmas time. If you want to see it, I've got a pic in my gallery. Took me forever to find those blasted shades.

Scoti
04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I know how you feel about lack of good reference pictures but it looks like it has a hood to me.
It’s been so long since I’ve played it I’ll have to dig it out of my basement.

I was going to cosplay Tatsuya a few years ago in his seven sisters high school uniform but I couldn’t find any other Persona cosplayers or find anyone who has even heard of the game ( hence the reason why it’s sitting in the back of my closet) .. is it that obscure?

Gaara_kun
04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi, I've seen a Tatsuya costume at Cospa but.. since they changed the layout its harder to navigate if you can't read Japanese. But, I'm not sure if it is a hood or not, they did give somewhat of a side view and it looks to at least hang more in the back if it isn't a hood. I have the pic saved on my computer.
Hmm... I wanted to be Ulala but... didn't finish my costume... I think its lost somewhere in my sewing things. x_x hehehe....

dollssoulkirie
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I agree with Dia. It's a hood with the funnel-neck looking front. You can see in the encyclopedia.

I'm planning a few Persona costumes in the future. Just since I can't sew myself, I have to get other people to do it for me. I'm going to cosplay as Anna (in school uniform) for Nekocon, if not, Katsucon for next year.

SparkZero
04-21-2004, 12:04 AM
that's what i was thinking, thanks. ^grumble^ now i have to find a way to make a collar stand up

Dia
04-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Interfacing! Works every time.

Archelon
04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I think the Persona games might see more of the light of day when they release Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne for the PS2, especially considering Dante from Devil May Cry is a guest star on loan from Capcom in that game. Oh well, I kinda hope it doesn't go too, too mainstream, personallly. I mean, it would be nicer if the games were easier to find, but oh well.

SparkZero
04-22-2004, 11:19 PM
whoa whoa whoa, what would dante be doing in megaten III? if the plot is anything like some of the other megaten games, the only people who are gonna get into it are the diehards of persona and megaten. hehe, i'd be interested in seeing what kinda role he'll have and his costume.

Hypertexed
04-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Does any one here go to megaten haven?

Bindusara
04-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Wow, not only people who know what persona IS but cosplay it *dances* I once saw some at akon, i was so excited...

Kira_Yamato
04-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Wow, there are actually other people who have cosplayed Persona?

Despite my inexpirence with the game, I was induced, by a(n) (ex-)friend, who insisted that I looked exactly like him, to Cosplay Suoh Katsuya at AX'01. I found one person who recognized the costume. =P

Archelon
04-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Dante will be dressed in his costume from Devil May Cry 2. Also, he will play two separate roles, depending on how you choose to play the game. He can either be your enemy or your ally, even going so far as to join your team. If you choose to side with the good guys, Dante will be your ally. However, if you choose to side with the bad guys, Dante will become your enemy and supposedly go so far as to actually hunt you throughout the game.