PDA

View Full Version : Would it be too late...

Amethyst Angel
04-20-2004, 11:02 AM
..to host a panel? I was thinking (now that I'm sure I'm STAYING in this area until Animazement) maybe I'd e-mail the con and offer to host a panel on armormaking. I dunno. Would there be much interest in it? Would it be too late in the game for them to add it to their schedule? What does everybody here think?

Hikaruchan
04-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I say email them to try getting in the schedule. When I co-hosted cel panels there before, usually didn't get final confirmation w times that our panel was happening til like a week out or so. Since over a month til con, probably still a few time slots available.

liz-maru
04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
we have been having trouble with them not emailin us back >< we tried to get some jrock panel up and tons of us have emailed them and still no reply so ><!! i say go for it though i think it would rock.

Kas
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
yea I agree with Liz.. good luck trying to hear back from them.. it seems like to me that they don't have there stuff together.. I'm alittle upset that they are waiting so long to respond to people and my sis and I and a few others have emailed and no word at all from them.

But I would definitely like to meet you and would love to go to your panel cause it is something I am very much interested in.

Amethyst Angel
04-20-2004, 09:10 PM
yea I agree with Liz.. good luck trying to hear back from them.. it seems like to me that they don't have there stuff together.. I'm alittle upset that they are waiting so long to respond to people and my sis and I and a few others have emailed and no word at all from them.

But I would definitely like to meet you and would love to go to your panel cause it is something I am very much interested in.

I just shot the Animazement folks an e-mail and if they're interested (if they somehow miraculously manage to get their stuff together) I'll hopefully hear back from them soon. (Even if all they have to say is "We have enough cosplay panels. Sod off." it would still be nice to know they cared enough to respond.)

In any event, I'm always up for an impromptu lecture session on my armormaking method. (Maybe we could arrange to meet in some section of the hotel somewhere. Or if someone wants to lend their room for the purpose, we could do that as well...)

Amethyst Angel
04-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Update: I received an e-mail from the con staff. They're interested in my holding a panel. All I've got to do is figure out how long I want to make it. (I would think 50 minutes would be long enough to give a presentation...)

The guy who sent me the confirmation told me their e-mail in-box got screwed up. Hopefully, they've been able to get it all straightened out. (They seem to have, in my case, anyway. I was expecting to wait weeks for a reply...) Liz-maru, you might want to try e-mailing them again. Good luck!

Anjierusu
04-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Forgive me for my ignorance. But what is a panel? :thumbsup:

GreatSG
04-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Forgive me for my ignorance. But what is a panel? :thumbsup:

Panels are the programing events at cons. Stuff to do throughout the day.
Drawing tutorials, guest talks, games, demonstrations, etc.

Kas
04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
O.O oh my god.. you got a reply soooo quick.. I'm just shocked.. I gotta call my sis now and let her know. I've emailed them twice now and still no word.. but I will try yet again.

char_hakkai
04-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Update: I received an e-mail from the con staff. They're interested in my holding a panel. All I've got to do is figure out how long I want to make it. (I would think 50 minutes would be long enough to give a presentation...)

The guy who sent me the confirmation told me their e-mail in-box got screwed up. Hopefully, they've been able to get it all straightened out. (They seem to have, in my case, anyway. I was expecting to wait weeks for a reply...) Liz-maru, you might want to try e-mailing them again. Good luck!

*dies*
OH MY GOD. x_x
Well, I'm glad to see they're at least replying to email now. ><
Which address did you use, if you don't mind my asking? My friend and I have been trying to get a Jrock panel organized since December.

Good luck with your panel! It sounds fun. ^_^

liz-maru
04-22-2004, 09:22 PM
ill try again tooo =o wow awesome and i wanna attend your panel as well!! n___n

Amethyst Angel
04-23-2004, 01:53 AM
dies*
OH MY GOD. x_x
Well, I'm glad to see they're at least replying to email now. ><
Which address did you use, if you don't mind my asking? My friend and I have been trying to get a Jrock panel organized since December.

Brian Exelbierd <bex@animazement.org> is the e-mail address of the guy who e-mailed me the confirmation. Best of luck to you.

GreatSG
04-23-2004, 04:36 PM
I got an e-mail has well, was going to d a panel, but i'm thinking on canning the idea. Not interested anymore..