PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea Cosplay Anyone?

Bobbi
04-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I've been addicted to Disgaea lately! I love the artwork and character designs! I've decided my next cosplay undertaking will be Flonne, because she's so adorable and ditzy. I never really see anyone cosplay her either, it's usually all Etna's. =P

Has anyone made any Disgaea costumes or is planning on making any in the near future?

KuroBara
04-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm working on an artbook version of Flonne right now. My boyfriend is going to cosplay Mid-Boss, and I'm trying to get other friends in on it for Otakon. Speaking of, there's a big group forming for that, check the Otakon forums.

Ambrosia
04-20-2004, 02:32 PM
I've also got default Flonne underway for "Teh Ultimate Disgaea Photoshoot" at this year's Otakon. Where did you plan on premiering your costume, by the way?

Bobbi
04-20-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm planning on bringing it to Otakon this year too. ^^ Yay for Flonne! Though i really like the red version too, but I'm more fond of blue cause it's my favorite color. Hmm... I should make both versions just with interchangable ribbon. XD

Ariati
04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Ooo, I'm doing Etna, my friend is being Flonne ^-^ I love the character designs in this game :D

YAY, exchanging ribbons! ^-^ XD;

avagoyle
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
My friend did a female ronin. You can see pics of it in my gallery. They want to have a whole group together for AX. I am poor, but if I can find a way to make a cheap costumer by then, I will be doing it too. :p

We couldn't get the hair to stay up thought. Next time I just plan on using lots and lots of gel unless anyone has any better suggestions...

KuroBara
04-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Avagoyle- cool Ronin! I really like that take on the traditional haori and hakama. As for hair sticking up, lots & lots of hairspray ^_^

Ok, because I'm weird, I'm considering cosplaying Laharl (no idea when). I've been analyzing pictures, but there's one thing I can't figure out- does he have wings? I'm thinking no, but that really doesn't make sense. The only picture that gives me some doubt is the one attached, with all the developmental sketches. One little sketch shows a little pair of wings. Hmm, I think his wings evolved into his cape / scarf thing. It looks like his dad didn't have any either. Input?

The other thing is, I think I've found Flonne's pendant. I think it's the necklace Laharl is wearing in the second pic.

<Game spoiler>

If you unlock the crappy Flonne tragedy ending, Flonne gives her pendant to Laharl before she's killed. (It doesn't burn him this time, showing that his heart is good, aww!)

I think the sad expression means that this picture shows Laharl after Flonne died, and it's most likely her pendant. So hopefully that'll help out some Flonne cosplayers.

</spoiler>

All of these pictures are from http://creativeuncut.com, they're a great resource.

Claireon
04-29-2004, 03:27 AM
I keep thinking about making an Archer costume, 'cause I love the design so, but . . . I've never played the game. And likely won't in the near future, 'cause I don't have a PS2.

Problem? ^^

Yuna
04-29-2004, 07:11 AM
I never really see anyone cosplay her either, it's usually all Etna's. =P

Oi, that's fairly condesending to Etna cosplayers @__@;

I made an Etna costume myself. I doubt I'll ever be wearing it to a con due to modesty issues. I even made the skirt and shirt bigger then they're supposed to be and it's still too small x__x; Sucks to have boobs and a butt when cosplaying Etna...

Bobbi
04-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Oi, that's fairly condesending to Etna cosplayers @__@;

I didn't mean it to sound that way. I have nothing against Etna. She's awesome, and her character design is really adorable. I just mean that in the past year when I've seen people cosplaying from Disgaea, it's usually Etna. It would be nice to see other characters from the game cosplayed too. (Hence, I'm starting on Flonne. ^^)

KuroBara
04-29-2004, 11:08 AM
>I never really see anyone cosplay her either, it's usually all Etna's. =P

I didn't see that as condescending either. I can see why Etna is more popular, I would cosplay her in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the skimpiness & that hair! I'm not experienced in styling wigs, and her spiky pigtails are a pretty daunting task.

The same goes for Jennifer, I'd love to cosplay her with my boyfriend as Gordon, but I 1) lack the boobs, and it's difficult to fake it in a top that skimpy, 2) lack the guts to walk around in a bra top and miniskirt.

One or the other! All of my miniskirt costumes have coverage on top, and my skimpy tops have coverage on the bottom.

Dragonrage
04-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Because I look like an ugly gorilla with a shirt off I'm going to make a Captin Gordon Costume That way I can be my naturally cheesy self.

Amethyst Angel
05-01-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm thinking of going as the priestess myself. It seems a simple enough dress (although the ruffle at the bottom will be tricky.) I also need to get myself a set of pointy ears. And a wig. (I suppose I could find them on ebay...)

I would also like to make a staff for the costume. Anyone know of a place online that has good pictures of the Disgaea weaponry?

Ambrosia
05-02-2004, 02:25 AM
I would also like to make a staff for the costume. Anyone know of a place online that has good pictures of the Disgaea weaponry?
I agree with you: I had a hard time trying to find pictures of Disgaea weaponry myself. The staff I'm making for Flonne is based off the one she's holding on the artbook cover. I'd say to try creativeuncut.com, because that's where KuroBara and I found the best resource for images.

KuroBara
05-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Yup, http://creativeuncut.com or in-game sketching are your best bets for weapons.

I don't know how the priestesses can walk between the ruffle and the funky partial slit. Good luck!

Amethyst Angel
05-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Yup, http://creative-uncut.com or in-game sketching are your best bets for weapons.

I don't know how the priestesses can walk between the ruffle and the funky partial slit. Good luck!

I'm having trouble navigating that creative-uncut.com site. Can anybody point me to the section where the Disgaea sketches are?

As for the priestess outfit, I was thinking maybe I'd put in a false slit (sew flesh-colored fabric between the slit ) to make it hang on my body better. I was also thinking I'd put some hoopage around the hem of the dress and line the ruffle with a stiff fabric of some sort. I'll have to experiment a bit...

KuroBara
05-02-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm having trouble navigating that creative-uncut.com site. Can anybody point me to the section where the Disgaea sketches are?

As for the priestess outfit, I was thinking maybe I'd put in a false slit (sew flesh-colored fabric between the slit ) to make it hang on my body better. I was also thinking I'd put some hoopage around the hem of the dress and line the ruffle with a stiff fabric of some sort. I'll have to experiment a bit...

Meep! That would be because I linked it wrong!
http://creativeuncut.com/artdis.html

Amethyst Angel
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Meep! That would be because I linked it wrong!
http://creativeuncut.com/artdis.html

Thanks!
That helped!

Nemui Yume
05-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I actually haven't seen much Disgaea cosplay at all.. considering the cute character designs. ^.^;; Etna cosplay would be intresting to see since she shows a lot of skin.. x.x;; it would be hard to cosplay her. I was planning on doing a Flonne cosplay too XD she's quite adorable and i love her character also. :D Cosplaying a fighter would be neat too *o*

tenshisonnet
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey,

I cosplayed as Etna for ACEN 2004. It was fun but only a handful of people actually knew who the character was. There were lots of pictures taken of me anyways though. I cosplayed as her because I had half of the costume already. Luckily I found the Disgaea artbook while I was there. It looks like I got the costume right. If anyone saw me comment on my costume! If anyone has or has found pics of my costume let me know, please. I didn't have a camera. -_-.

thanks.

dylan no tama
05-18-2004, 10:38 AM
im planning to a do a curtis cospaly eventaully.
the cyborg human version, not the prinny.
i think the only hard part would be his coat, it looks like a normal lab coat, except for the blue part. near the collar.

KuroBara
05-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Dylan- it wouldn't be too difficult to add a big blue collar to a lab coat. Now rocket-powered boots, those look hard ^_~ His wig also looks tricky with those weird spikes.

We should totally invade I-CON with Disgaea next year. (I sound like such a valley girl, oh my god!) Last year there was a Prinny and a Flonne. I should have a Mid-Boss & secret something (if I pull it off for Otakon). Of course, this means I have ~10 costumes planned for a con again (Read or Die, a Lolita for a picnic, Flonne, Psylocke, Kung-Pow, Last Unicorn) But, planning is part of the fun.

dylan no tama
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
the wig actaully wouldnt be too hard, my littel brother wears his hear in liberty spikes sometimes. (liberty spikes are very tall spikes, that make you look like the statue of liberty) i can probably just borrow some of his beeswax to use on the wig, or if im crazy enough my own hair, im planning to dye it green after animenext anyway.

ignats69
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello...
I plan on doing an Etna costume for Otakon. It would be great if there are a bunch of Disgaea cosplayers there!!

Fallen_Magician
05-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Hmm....I have been playing Disgea as well....and I was considering being Laharl!! I also predicted if I do this costume, that I will be glomped by many...Although it is only a prediction.

Bamph
05-24-2004, 02:04 AM
I think I'm going as Laharl for Akon...or so I'm told. We'll see!

Reichiru_Desu
05-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Im currently in the process of picking between a mage, though I am definatley working on the little gal in my siggy, hopefully for AFO5

Infini
05-28-2004, 12:31 PM
I've been thinking of making the Samurai (I think it's called) costume. Here's the pic from that website posted. XD

Yuna
05-28-2004, 01:17 PM
We! I've been hired by Altas to wear my Etna costume at their booth at PMX. I honestly never had planned to wear the costume again, but the money speaks to me.

w00t for hired GHETTO ass cosplay!

Bamph
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Money speaks to us all Yuna...to us all.

Winry
05-29-2004, 03:39 AM
A Japanese bookstore called Sasuga Bookstore(located in Waltham, MA) has the artbook to Disgea. Their website is www.sasugabooks.com(should be in the manga/artbook section). I look though the book when I was at Anime Boston. It has sketches and drawing of all the main characters(Laharl, Etna, Flone, etc) in case you want to buy it for reference or just because you love the game. n_n Artbook are always good for costume and character references you just have to find the respectfully artbook to whatever series/game. n_n;; I just hope it on the website, sorry if it not there. ;_;

DJ Psygriffio
05-29-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm working intently on various craftsmanship elements for my Seraph Lamington outfit, that I'm bringing to this years' Otakon. No doubt, it's a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to finishing it in the next month or so. It sounds like there's a great selection of cosplayers from the game who are attending the con this year. Check the Otakon boards for more info. An updated list can be found around page 3 of the Disgaea @ Otakon 2004, thread. ^_^

Fallen_Magician
05-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I finished my Laharl Costume. The only thing wrong with it is that my hair didn't go up and back like it was supposed to.....Oh well...I'll put a picture of it up later on.

HuongStar
07-19-2004, 12:02 PM
I think all of the Disgaea character classes have the pointed ears; which ones do you think suit them the best, #1 or #2?

Infini
09-06-2004, 01:02 AM
#2 Definitely! I'd like to know where to get those, since the only store in my area only sells gigantic cheapo ears.

Sorry for dragging this thread up again, but the more I play this game, the more I want to make some costumes from it. I've been trying to decide between making an Etna costume and making the Ronin costume, but since I like both designs equally it is a little hard to make up my mind. :)

-Infini

Amethyst Angel
09-07-2004, 02:26 AM
The Etna costume would be more recognizable. (Although i think the Ronin is prettier and more comfortable, myself...)

Infini
09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
The Etna costume would be more recognizable. (Although i think the Ronin is prettier and more comfortable, myself...)

Those are the main reasons I was considering the Ronin, too. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the slit in the side of the hakama, and that I've already made a Kikyo (inuyasha) costume. I was afraid that it would seem like I was making the same costume twice, since there are only a few differences between them. It would be more comfortable than Etna because of...more covering things.

But...Etna is my favourite character so far, and the ronin is just a created character with no real personality or story. This is why I can't decide.

For the ronin, (if anyone is still reading this), does it look like she's wearing skirt-type hakama, or pants hakama to you?

-Infini

prinny_jess
09-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Inifini-
I'm trying ro make the ronin for my first cosplay! I agree- she's totally cute and looks much more comfy than Etna. Besides, I named my ronin after me when I played the game and "I" kicked ass! By the way, I had the same question about the hakama- I can't tell if they are divided or not. I don't know if it matters or not since supposedly they look practically the same in real life. All I know is that the hakama are not full length. I wouldn't feel bad since you made a Kikyo costume- in my opinion Kikyo would never dress so sexy...
-Jess

Infini
09-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Well, I bought the fabric to start making the ronin costume. I figured that I would make it first, and try to get used to wearing a smaller top than usual. If I'm comfortable enough wearing that, then maybe I'll make an Etna costume next. :)

-Infini

NinjaPirate
09-13-2004, 06:14 PM
i dont have time to put this together for an upcoming convention, but next year i would consider doing Laharl or another Nippon Ichi game character, maybe one from Phantom Brave(Havnt played it yet so i dont know if i love/hate the characters).

The only issue with Laharl is i would have to wear extremely short shorts and go shirtless with really spiked back hair...that might work for a little kid or someone younger, but i dont think I could pull it off.

Lil_Sexy_Yuna
01-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm being Etna for Megacon 2005, i know out of all teh characters she and Flonne are done the most, but Disgaea isn't a big game to cosplay, but when u DO costume as a character, people are prolly' gunna' be like OMFG!!! SO KAWAII!!! ^______^ it's what i am hoping whenm i go to megacon 2005, that i get attention like i did with Diana at Jacon 2003

Fire Lily
02-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I went to UshiCon 2005 as Etna. It was also my first cosplay costume, and I'm really quite proud of it. We also had another Etna and 2 Flonnes (one of whom I got several pictures with).

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=25414&cat=500

I'm planning on going to Katsucon 11 as Etna in a few weeks. I just hope I don't freeze to death :eek:

I was also lucky enough to get a photoshoot with Jase Balduf, who runs the Crossplay.net website and who ran the Cosplay at UshiCon this year. Really great guy, and a very lovely Dr. Girlfriend :p You can see the shoot here:

http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=74

or just at www.crossplay.net

I really love how my wig turned out. The color was gorgeous, especially outside.

AyameChan
02-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Phantom Brave is also a nice game. I have a friend who owns all three of the games the guy did. I was wondering if any of the extra Disgaea characters had prominantly orange in their costumes...as I've got a ton still... boy or girl, doesn't matter. I love the Scout, but I can't remember what he wears.

MisatoNpenpen
04-06-2006, 11:35 AM
=D I cosplayed as Etna! It's relaly not that bad.. I really don't think it's that skimpy, but.. yeah, most disgaea cosplayers do cosplay as etona.. probably because she's so AWESOME!

kotonaru
04-12-2006, 02:30 AM
X3 My boyfriend and I plan on going to AX2006 as Cotton and Gaws (the item shop characters- aka, an archer and male warrior). Mmm... one more reason to love Disgaea: one of the few instances when the guy is wearing less than the girl.

Fallen_Magician
04-12-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm working on Adel's costume right now. Adel is from Disgaea 2.

HuongStar
04-12-2006, 09:26 AM
For the ronin, (if anyone is still reading this), does it look like she's wearing skirt-type hakama, or pants hakama to you?

-Infini

The Ronin have an opening on the sides of the cropped hakama. They are pants-type hakama from what I could make out from the illustrations book and in-game play. I made one awhile ago (pictures in my gallery) but my hakama pleats didn't turn out as crisp as I would have liked.

MisatoNpenpen
04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I've been thinking of making the Samurai (I think it's called) costume. Here's the pic from that website posted. XD

Yeah, just considering she's a fighter would make me want to say the standard hakama. That's what you get for all the martial arts and everything, so I'd agree with that. Both types are extremely similar on the outside, but I'd still say go with the pants one, it will be more comfortable. I have a pair of them and they basically look the same :heart:

ShiNo_Usagi
04-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I did a pretty good Ronin for NecronomiCon, though io was mistaken for an InuYasha character >.<
The hakama were teh one thing i didn't make but i had my friend make them who knows how to do hakama and ronin's arn't like regular hakama, they are all cutsey with the side pleats and shortness of them. Best thing to do for um' is to get instructions for hakama and just alter them a little for length and pleats.

Bunnie-Fu
04-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I so am ADDICTED to Disgaea! My friend got me the game and I've been hooked. I'm planning to do some costumes..I actually even partly started on one..but it kinda died...

Flonne: Because its cute when she thinks she's a nin-nin-ninja!
Female Ronin: Actually started the top and lil jacket thingie...stopped when I got to the hakama pants ;___;
Star Mage: They make things go BOOM!!!! OMG my favorite class EVA

Once I finish KH2 and finish my Jam costume adn...5 other costumes...I'll take up my Ronin again and start on the Star Mage-ness goodness

spurnedmessange
05-04-2006, 02:09 AM
ive been realy wanting to do the scout for ages now but the problem is making his back pack, the thing is cute as hell and id want it to realy work as a bag not just be a plushie on my back. any suggestions on where i could find out how to pull that off?

KnuxieChan
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I crossplayed as Laharl last year.. then I gained some weight and couldn't fit into my shorts anymore. Luckily I've lost some weight since then, so I'm hoping I can start wearing the costume again.

I need to restyle the wig.. *nodnod*

I'd love to make a Vyers costume someday. XD