PDA

View Full Version : Anime North Timbits Q's?

Nagii
04-20-2004, 05:58 PM
I have some questions so I thought I would put them here and see the response:

1. Taxes. The enterance fee and the dealers room is there taxes?

2. Weapon stuff. I read they bind your weapon so it can't be used to attack someone, but their mostly talking about swords/knives. What about a small TNT or a large staff?

3. What the badges like? ( My fashion freak friend wants to know)

I think that's it. :woah:

YukiPhnx
04-20-2004, 06:17 PM
1) no taxes included.

2) i'm pretty sure they let dull stuff like TNT. but to make sure, check their weapon policy

3) i think they have diff badges every year. but last year it had "weeken otaku" written on my badge. and some purple and red.

Nagii
04-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Yay! That was quick. Thanks for replying. Hmm.. She wants to know if it will come as a pin or on a neck thing?

Mekou
04-20-2004, 06:41 PM
1) Taxes are already included on the memberships. Some dealers will show prices with taxes included but some will not. It's best to ask the dealer before purchasing an itme. ^^

2) You can e-mail an AN staff memeber if you are unsure or you can post a thread on their message board. ^^

3) In the past AN's badges have been "pins". ^^ If you don't want to have it on your costume, you could hallways have it on something else (such as a bag that you will always be keeping with you, a prop, etc, etc) ^^

Nagii
04-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Oh ok, Thanks

Kaijugal
04-21-2004, 12:31 AM
This year all people attending Anime North and Cosplaying costumes with weapons will be required to attend a manditory Weapons Panel . Your weapons will be peace bonded if neccassary. The Weapons Master will be able to tell you that when he sees what you have.

heki-chan
04-21-2004, 12:49 AM
But what's considered a "weapon"? Even a broomstick?

archangeli
04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
and when will this panel be held? not everyone goes on all 3 days

is it applicable only to masquerade participants or all cosplayers - even the hall loungers?

Infini
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I guess I'll have to figure out where the weapon checking people are when I get there, since I've emailed AN staff about my tessaiga and haven't gotten a response yet. I don't think mine can really be tied down, so it will either be allowed or put away.

I'm only going to be a hall lounger. :)

-Infini

Kaijugal
04-21-2004, 07:31 PM
The rules will hopefully be up on the website soon.

No worries. ^_^ The program book should have all the information as well.

The Weapons Policy will apply to EVERY ATTENDEE at the convention carrying what could reasonably be considered a weapon.

You will be required to attend the Weapons Safety Panel, and YES it will be available more than just one day, we're well aware that people might miss the first one, or won't be in attendance all three days. ^_^ When you have attended the Panel your badge will be marked to show it, and you'll be okay to wander the halls with your whatever.

heki-chan
04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
hmm...how long would that whole process take? becuz theres a whole damn lot of us cosplayers with weaponry..... cuz i'm usually running around everywhere all the time during AN...........hmm...gah. >_<;

archangeli
04-21-2004, 09:03 PM
and is it in the TCC or in a hotel room?

the fact that people have big props to cart around makes that rather important too.

Nagii
04-21-2004, 09:19 PM
I got an other question that just came up in our cosplay groupie follow up, does a single day pass allow you to go to every event on that day, expect the special breakfest and stuff? Example: Saturday- Maqs and jpop dance

Or do you have to pay for those seperate?

YukiPhnx
04-21-2004, 09:43 PM
ya! it should be for the whole day.

lainey
04-21-2004, 10:57 PM
But what's considered a "weapon"? Even a broomstick?

LOL
heki we think alike ^_~

i asked the same question about a broom being a weapon...and they said YES, depending on if u decide to whack someone with it lol

a pen could be a weapon lol

just how u deal with it...

i doubt props are included correct?

Infini
04-21-2004, 11:51 PM
I might be carrying a broom at some point. :)

I'm glad to hear that there's going to be info on the site. I was worried about finally fitting all the larger prop weapons into my tiny car only to find out that I can't use any of them after getting there.

-Infini

Machiko
04-22-2004, 09:13 PM
i have a question! :)

do i have to bring in all my props at the same time? or do i just have to attend the tutorial? i'm going to have big props and i'm probably only going to be using them in the masquerade >___<'

Nagii
04-23-2004, 07:46 PM
happy happy

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Speaking of weapons, I was actually considering borrowing a sabre from my dad (he has one for Civil War re-enacting) because it looks like something Celes would carry. Then I changed my mind because not only is it heavy and impractical, I would probably get some odd looks taking that thing on the fast ferry to Toronto. lmao. As if I won't get enough weird looks wearing tight yellow pants. But it would look so cool... I guess I'll just have to do a Celes photoshoot and include the sabre.

That's so funny to picture though... getting odd looks on the ferry because I'm carrying a big-ass 19th century sword and wearing a Celes costume. Makes you wonder how RPG characters manage to walk around looking weird and randomly walking into people's houses. Damn, I hope they get that thing running so I can actually go to Anime North.