PDA

View Full Version : Utena Musical Cosgroup

Himemiya
11-19-2002, 10:47 PM
We've all heard of Sailor Jamboree and Yume no Senshi. They're awesome! ^_^ And lots of people have seen the Sailor Moon Musicals.
I like the Utena Musical. A lot. I want to start a performing cosgroup based on the utena musicals.
It would be east-coast; southern-oriented, but not limited to that.
Parts would not be based on gender, since the Utena musical was an all-female cast.
Is anyone interested in this?

KuroBara
11-20-2002, 01:18 AM
I have the Utena musical at the end of my fansubs, but I'm afraid to watch it. Lol, maybe I will and I'll get back to you. Cool idea, but I can't sing anyways...

Sami
11-20-2002, 11:22 AM
That would be very interesting, LOL.. if you need a Nanami, let me know. I'm not sure how many cons I can go to this year besides my already planned ones (Katsucon, Otakon, Anime Boston, a few other smaller ones and pipe-dreams), but we'll see. :)

Lovelyangel_81
11-20-2002, 02:06 PM
I am interested! I can be Anthy! ^__^

...If you get enough people get involve. Which con are you going to do it at first? ^__^

Maryssa
11-20-2002, 04:06 PM
its a shame that the musical costumes really arent all that much fancier than normal utena costumes. in the halls, no one would really know you were from the musical. I wish you luck with your group though! Its always great to see more people combining performing and cosplay!

Himemiya
11-24-2002, 06:34 PM
I'm thinking otakon? o.o not this year of course ^.~

Hikaruchan
11-24-2002, 11:41 PM
I got a tape that had 3 of the numbers from the musical. I wasn't impressed with the Utena, but thought the Anthy and Touga were good singers. Depending on the con, I might be able to join.

Ameria
11-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Oooh, I saw the numbers from my eps. 38-39 tape! I might be able to get to Otakon '03 and I have an Utena costume with removable epaulettes. Keep me posted, okay? ^_^

Michi
12-01-2002, 01:21 AM
DUDE. DUUUUUUDE. Hi. ^^; I'm a huge fan of the Utena musical, as corny as it is, and the series. I'm a member of Yume no Senshi.. and I've love to help out! I'd love to be.. Touga.. must I audition? :X heh. I can probably attend Otakon and AWA next year if I save up enough, I dunno. I'm also going to A-kon, a bunch of California cons, and NDK and stuff..

Touga was Saitou Rei in the musicals... I love her so much, her talent and voice is amazing. She was Sailor Pluto in Seramyu too. Her speaking voice is actually very effeminate and high (if you ever see the SuperS musical, and they speak at the beginning.. oh man.. there's also the Stars Guide *shrug*), it's amazing what she can do when she sings and when she plays Touga in that deep voice.

[/rant] x.x

Himemiya
12-05-2002, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure if we'd have auditions x.x I don't think this could be started up until after the 2003 con summer season...
I'd really love to get this together *_*

Maryssa
12-05-2002, 12:35 AM
yes, the Anthy is AMAZING.

I really loved Sanae in it, I liked her much better as Juri than Uranus =p

katrinastrife
12-09-2002, 02:47 AM
I heard about the Utena musical... I never knew there were people from Sera Myu in it, tho! I really wanna see it. I'd love to be in on this cosplay thing, but I'm kinda busy with finishing up high school, and stuff...

HunterXHunter has a musical too. But, I don't know much about it...

Michi
12-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Yup, two of the Seramyu actresses -- Uranus (Kimura Sanae) and Pluto (Saitou Rei) -- from the first stage were in the Utena myu. The rest, I dunno much about.. I believe Katsuragi Nanaho (Saionji) is a Takarazuka actress normally.. She's very good at being a man. Mrowr. *_*

Gates-of-Time
12-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah! I thought I was the only one who liked the Utena Musicals. We (Kageshien) were origanlly hoping to do something from one of the shows in our Musical Performance Panel at AnimeIowa, but we have not gotten the replys we where hoping for.
I guess not to many people from this forum attend Anime Iowa.

If you are thinging you might possible be attending AI, let me know, we could join forces and have some Utena in the panel.

(if you do not know what I am taking about with Kageshien ... check out my post in "seeking cosplyers".. Musical Performance troupe)

*hugs*

Andrea

layne
12-28-2002, 11:44 AM
I haven't seen the entire musical, but what I have seen made me laugh really hard....not b/c I thought it was bad, but...it was just really really funny to watch Sanae and Rei as anything but Haruka and Setsuna. It was very cute ^_^ they were sooooo bishie!! I think a group Utena musical dealio is a fantastic idea!

Gates-of-Time
12-31-2002, 10:07 AM
We have desided that we want to do something from the Utena Musical,but I have lost my only copy when we moved last year. Does anyone know where I could find a copy of any part of any show? Just enough to get the song, choreography and costuming.
Thanks!
*hugs*

Andrea

Himemiya
01-02-2003, 02:13 AM
search google for Setsuna kou's site, i think she had it x.x maybe it was a link to someone elses... anyway, you can get it through there ^^

Gates-of-Time
01-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Himemiya
search google for Setsuna kou's site, i think she had it x.x maybe it was a link to someone elses... anyway, you can get it through there ^^

OK, I went to her site, but I could not find Utena anywhere!
Does anyone here have it and would be will to trade a copy for something?

*hugs*

Andrea

SuthrnBelleChan
02-06-2003, 05:33 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun! if you could please let me know more about it

StacyMichelle
03-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Hai!! I didn't know there were Utena musicals O_O That's soo spiffy! If you need an Utena at Otakon, I'm sooo there!! I already made her white uniform from the artbook and I plan to make more Utena costumes since I have a wig for them. Seriously, I have wanted to be in the Masquerade since I started cosplaying.

So let me know! I would love to be a part of this! I think I should probably check out these musicals first though!
My e-mail address is lunaseasiren@yahoo.com. If you'd like to see my Utena costume, my site is stacy.deviouskitty.com. Arigatou! :D

Michi
03-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Heyheyhey, is this still going on? XD I am still totally up for it. Tougaaaaa.

j-chan
03-17-2003, 05:44 PM
sounds great. actually, i'd love to be a shadow girl. their song rocks~! :D

you should probably set up a site with details, y0. that way we can all just check it for updates and such. either way, sounds fun.

layne
04-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Good luck to you guys!

StacyMichelle
04-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I'm totally still up for it if you guys need an Utena. I'm totally rehauling my white Utena and there's a good chance I might make a movie Utena as well.

J-chan has a great idea, try setting up a livejournal community or forum to orginize.