PDA

View Full Version : Meeting up with people at AN

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-22-2004, 10:43 PM
This is my first con, so I'm wondering how safe it is typically to meet up with people you don't know at a convention or to do things alone. I'm going with my brother, but I might want to separate from him at some point so that I can participate in cosplay activities, skits, etc. See, he's not really into cosplaying and all that, and he sort of cramps my style. For example, I might not want to get up and sing in Japanese in front of him even though I love doing stuff like that. So I was wondering if it would be safe enough if I wanted to separate from him at some point, meet up with other cosplayers, then meet him and his friends back somewhere at some point. I'm only 17 and my brother isn't very protective, so I also need to be able to convince my parents that I'll be alright going to a convention with him.

Lyulf
04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
You're pretty safe as there is alot of people around incase of something just use those vocals

Scoti
04-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Well like any public place you should be aware of your surroundings so if I were you I’d make sure to do all the separating and meeting up in busy areas (ex. front lobby) and not like in a hotel hallway where there isn’t many people. You have to keep in mind that this area is near the airport which means not everyone in that hotel is from the con.

You should be fine I’ve never had any problems

oneas
04-25-2004, 08:35 AM
let me just say last year when i went i was 12, alone, and perfectly safe. no one tried anything, people even came up to me to ask if they could be with me (not even matching costumes :D) i sure you will find people to be with and if not then it is still safe.

Bata
04-25-2004, 08:44 PM
yeah dont worry too much you should be safe heck u can come tag with my group of ppl if u wanna ^^ cosplay groups are always fun to run around in!

YukiPhnx
04-25-2004, 11:06 PM
that's so tru Bata!

Nancyboynoire
04-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Well... it's true anime north is probably one of the safest coziest cons I've been too, but you still have to watch out. I had one incident last year this guy kept following me around claiming to be my dad. I finally called sercurity and they fixed that up right away. So yes, Anime North is safe and dandy, just use common sense if you notice someone is following you ( there are ways you can tell.) call security they are more than happy to help you ( hey we have to give them there's money worth) and like don't hang around deserted areas alone, or with someone you just met. Always try and stay in public places this might sound a little backwards, but the crowded the better.

mazoku-chan
05-13-2004, 01:00 AM
I think it's safe! people are too busy having fun to cause trouble I think... Well I think.. As for me I wanna meet plenty o' people! :D