PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Classifieds

Admin
04-22-2004, 11:59 PM
This thread is for any comments, questions or bugs regarding the new classifieds section, located at http://classifieds.cosplay.com/

Anele
04-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow, I think that was a very good idea, Kyle. ^_^ A marketplace nicely divided into respective branches.

Yui
04-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Awesome. This is really too awesome. I'm going to be lurking there everyday. XD

Luna Selene
04-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I really do appreciate this too. I don't really trust ebay, and I'd like to help my fellow cosplayers here out if there's an outfit of some sort I'm selling that they need for a con or some other event.

Thanks so very much again! I plan on using this soon ^_^

Eleryth
04-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Quick question: Would artbooks classify as a 'other cosplay supplies'? They have different outfits, hard to find images, etc that some people really want for their costumes. I ask, only because I have a few I was going to list on ebay, and would want to list them here as well, if possible.

Admin
04-23-2004, 02:40 AM
At this time, no. We may open things up for anime/manga/artbooks/etc in the future but for now we'd like to stick with regular cosplay items.

Eleryth
04-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Just thought it didn't hurt to ask. This won't get rid of the spam board, though, will it? Because I can post there about artbooks, correct?

panda ninja
04-23-2004, 08:18 AM
ah! This is so cool!thank you thank you etc....

Scortia
04-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Thank you so much... it'll help when I sell about 3-5 of my costumes soon. *_*

KittyCanuck
04-23-2004, 01:24 PM
What are the rules for this cosplay classified section? Is it basically like a classifieds section in the newspaper, where the deals are between the buyer and seller only, or is it like a lot of site have, where if you sell your item through the site, the site gets a cut of the price (or a fee)? Any other restrictions besides "regular cosplay items"?

Looks nifty! ^_^

Admin
04-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Just thought it didn't hurt to ask. This won't get rid of the spam board, though, will it? Because I can post there about artbooks, correct?
Nope, the spam board isn't going anywhere.

Admin
04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
What are the rules for this cosplay classified section? Is it basically like a classifieds section in the newspaper, where the deals are between the buyer and seller only, or is it like a lot of site have, where if you sell your item through the site, the site gets a cut of the price (or a fee)? Any other restrictions besides "regular cosplay items"?

Looks nifty! ^_^
The rules show when you go to list an item. Cosplay.com doesn't take any percentage, it's a totally free service for cosplay.com members. All sales are conducted between the buyer and seller. When you place an item, it puts a contact link up for the buyer to get a hold of you. The buyer can then click the link and it will send an email to the seller via cosplay.com, that way you can keep your email address private at first if you want.

coyoterose
04-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for implementing this feature! :D As a cosplayer who loathes dealing with Ebay this is great news.

Lovelyangel_81
04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
This is really great idea. A great alternate to Ebay. ^^

Flippy
04-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh I'm amazed...Nice Idea....this could help me out alot and also make me lose alot of money...hope that this item system grows.

Admin
04-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Just a quick note that the classifieds section now has a new home at http://classifieds.cosplay.com