PDA

View Full Version : Angel Sanctuary

nekochan
11-20-2002, 04:44 AM
I was just wondering... for the people who have read and seen Angel Sactuary... what do you think is scarier, the manga or the anime??

Sakura
11-20-2002, 06:48 AM
I think the manga is scarier so far ^^; Now I just need to find the rest of it...

jen_kat
11-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Do you even have to ask? Of course the manga is way scarier. All that bloody graphic-ness... Plus, it still sits on the page when you're trying to look at the next page... whereas it just passes on the screen when you're watching the anime.

Koumori
11-20-2002, 10:09 AM
Manga.

Yggdrasil Pie
11-20-2002, 06:23 PM
...I only read the first volume of the Manga...and it is definetly more scarier...^^;;;

Rosiel
11-20-2002, 06:50 PM
The anime is definitely scarier... did you ever see what they did to Kaori Yuki's beautiful designs? If I was Kira I'd be too terrified to look at myself in the mirror. X__X

In all seriousness, I didn't find them either of them scary... but the anime loses major points for over-the-top badly drawn gore while the manga manages the dark haunting atmosphere perfectly.

shiroi_yukiko
11-21-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
The anime is definitely scarier... did you ever see what they did to Kaori Yuki's beautiful designs? If I was Kira I'd be too terrified to look at myself in the mirror. X__X

I second that! LOL. It was so scary, I only survived the first episode. Now I like to pretend that it never existed...

I didn't really find either particularly scary, but I certainly do have my preference. The manga was much more fun.

PretearWink
11-29-2002, 12:36 PM
I've only seen the anime, which was pretty scary. (It led to writing "forsake me big brother" on every dirty rear windshield at several cons) but I've always heard that the manga was fantastic. Does anyone know where I can buy/read translations for Angel Sanctuary? Plus from the artwork I've seen....it's f*ing cool.

Thankies in advance^_^

DJ(SiC)ness
11-30-2002, 04:10 AM
all i have to say is ...incest...wtf!?

dosen't stop me from having a angel sanctuary wall scroll

aoihoshi
12-01-2002, 04:08 PM
lotso manga scans (including angel sanctuary)=> sakura-crisis.net (http://www.sakura-crisis.net)

Rosiel
12-02-2002, 11:19 AM
You can find good translations at Remiel's site, I think it's on megaten.net

battlechaser
12-03-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel

In all seriousness, I didn't find them either of them scary... but the anime loses major points for over-the-top badly drawn gore while the manga manages the dark haunting atmosphere perfectly.

lol. i agree with rosiel. ^_^""

the anime is not scary for me, just like an ordinary kiddie show (except for the moral, ethical issues that are involved).

******* <imagines teletubbies with the character names changed to setsuna, sakuya, sara and katou> O_o""""""""""

the manga is a different story though. you'll get the complete story plus the superb artwork of yuki-san. ^_^

Alice
12-07-2002, 12:38 PM
both, freaks me out, maaaan! Hehehe. But it's so pretty.

sailor-moon
12-07-2002, 03:46 PM
i dont know why but the manga freeks me out more than the anime *.*

mistresschimera
12-07-2002, 04:14 PM
Manga is definaitly freakier then the anime in my opinion.

DJ(SiC)ness
12-08-2002, 03:12 AM
i need to read the manga...but were can i get it

will they ever release it in english

Karasu
12-16-2002, 03:41 AM
Manga, without a doubt!

TsukiGuujin
12-26-2002, 04:40 AM
The manga is SO better! They messed up a bunch of the storyline in the anime....I mean, the game isn't even MENTIONED, really.

Um, excuse me, someone explain to me how the blackout happened without the game!? Katan just isn't powerful enough to do it all by himself....

And the anime in English is worse!

*RANTS*

I'm done now...

*goes back to trying to figure out how to make a Seraphita costume*

~~Tsuki Guujin~~