PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist Group Thread

Flippy
04-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Full Metal Alchemist....it's currentlly one of the hit shows in Japan. It's already a hit fan sub, playstation game and manga. If you have never heard of this this series I completly suggest that you looking in to the series...it will not be a waste of your time...it's good stuff.

For all of those that have already educated themselves in the ways of Al, Ed, Roy, Hughes, Winry, Scar and other characters and wish to cosplay them at AnimeNext.....well then I would like to invite you to group cosplay an FMA character. :bigtu:

All are FMAer's welcome!! That includes repeat characters and even those pesky Homunculus and Chimeras. Even if your not cosplaying an FMA character you can still hang out and take pics.

So far....

"Lady Ava" is cosplaying Ed/Riza Hawkeye

"Oshi" is cosplaying Roy

"Andariel" is cosplaying Ed and her friends will do Winry and Roy

"RX 03" is cosplaying Ed

"Nekobun" is the party version of Hughes

"unforgiventak" (Member of the offical AnimeNext.org forum) is coslaying Ed along with a Roy and a Scar

and I'm cosplaying Winry

Soooo...if anyone is interested....just add a post so we can know to look for you. Also to any one that has already said they are going to FMA cosplay can you please post when you were thinking of wearing your outfit at the con so we can cosplay FMA at the same time:crest:.
Thanks everyone!

Biku-Chan
04-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I've never seen it... orelse I'd cosplay someone.

Andariel
04-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Pst, I do have someone going as Roy too, by the way. ^^; That one's for sure.

Flippy
04-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Biku-Chan~ you really should watch the series, there are characters as cool and even cool than Tifa in it! Good stuff...you should really find a translated manga or a fan sub.
Andariel~oh forgot you said Roy too :P

Lady Ava
04-25-2004, 03:46 PM
I'll be there as Ed and Hawkeye. And my boyfriend will have his Roy with him. ^___^

Flippy
04-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I hope that you'll be doing Riza at the same time he's wearing his roy that would be a cute pic.

Anyway do you guy want to meet Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
.................................................. ..........am or pm?

I'd like to meet on sunday at whatever time.

Flippy
04-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Just reserved a hotel room for AN...:does dance:....I can't wait to take my friends that c to the con....:does more dancing:....
....anyway back to business; do you guys have any more FMA comments or questions that should be discussed?

RX 03
05-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll be as Ed, I have no prior engagments, so any time is fine. ^_^

Not to early, since I'm not taking a hotel, and I'm driving down. (This is the only con I do it at. XD;;)

Andariel
05-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I agree with the not too early thing. ^^; Also driving in.

Flippy
05-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Fine with me.....but what day are we talking about Fri, Sat, Sun?

RX 03...cool beans....your apart of the group :bigtu:

Andariel
05-09-2004, 10:51 PM
How 'bout Sat, since it's the bigger day?

Flippy
05-09-2004, 10:56 PM
That's a problem with me (was planning on wearing a different costume then) but I guess I can work that out. Anyway just so long as the majority of the group can meet that would be the best. Remember we could always meet in another costume just to say hello.

Andariel
05-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Course we can. ^^ Guess let's see what's best for everyone.

Flippy
05-09-2004, 11:03 PM
True true! In a couple weeks closer to the con if people haven't sent back time replays to this thread then I'll start PMing people....but right now we have time and I doubt most people plans are set...hopily in a couple weeks people will have an idea of time issues and costume order at the con....everyone should try to worry more about working on there costumes than a time to meet.....but don't forget about it either.

Flippy
05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Okay now....for any one that doesn't know FMA has been signed and is planned to be played on Cartoon Network in Oct of this year....that means a drastic increase of FMAers by this time next year....I'm happy we are planning on cosplaying characters from the series now before we have twenty of the each FMA character standing next to us....wow....crazy stuff.

Lady Ava
05-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Oshi is cosplaying Roy...Not Ed o.o()

Oshi
05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
And also I am Lady Ava's bf o.o; So no double entries ^^;

Flippy
05-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up :bigtu:

Lady Ava
06-12-2004, 03:43 PM
So, what time are we meeting and what day? ^^()

Flippy
06-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Ah yes I have a feeling that it's going to be on saturday but personally I'd like it to be any time on sunday but I doubt that'll work....time wise I see late afternoon as a good time since if we want to go outside the sun will not be directly above us which means staying cooler in costume and that we will get less glare...also not morning since many of us are not earily birds or haven't even arrived at the con yet.....not night since since we don't have the power of the sun to aid in photographs and there will be a people that need to start to head for home in the evening and after all we'd like as much of the group there as possible. Thank for reviving this thread Lady Ava it's important we figure out the meeting. :bigtu:

Andariel
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Ah, good thing I came back to take a peek cause stopped getting email 'bout this. o_o; Ahem, but yes, think you're right with the timing thing. Early to mid afternoon is probably best. Sat would be best for me too since I'm plannin' another costume on Sunday. >.<

Flippy
06-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Well yeah...I'm a bad organizer....tar an feather me at the con :walkoff: ......anyway I'll send the pms out right now :chatah:

Nekobun
06-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Due to monetary concerns, I don't have my Hughes done yet, but I -do- have enough stuff to throw together his outfit from Alicia's birthday party. So I may be swinging by after all.

Lady Ava
06-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I don't think Sunday is a good day for a photoshoot. I know alot of people who are leaving earily so as to be home with their dads (since it is father's day) So, maybe Saturday @ noon or 1.

Flippy
06-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Okay so two people like Saturday earily afternoon because there either wearing other costumes on other days or because it's Fathers day.....so any bodyelse....what times with everyone are impossible to have there FMA costume on....if we ignored those times that would be the best rather an picking random times of the day like mid or earily afternoon and so forth......

...Like for example our fictional friend "Bob" on Saturday saturaday has a Full Metal Panic shoot so he's in costume from 9-11, then he's doing a Hellsing panel in costume from at 12 so he'll be in that costume from 11:30 to 1:30 and after that he's free for Saturday. Then on Sunday he has to leave at 11 for a pudding making contest (haha...where did I come up with that...I'm so sleepy) so it has to be before then.

If every one can please just write down when they absolutly can not be in their FMA due to a previous event that would be really really helpfull in figuring out a shoot time.

Nekobun
06-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Times that are bad for me, and even then most are fudgable.

Friday:
1:00-2:00
5:00-6:00, probably
Jpunk concert, whole thing (IT WILL NOT BE MISSED)
Midnight-whenever the Duck Hunt tourney's done

Saturday:
10:00-11:00 AM
12:00-1:00 (NOT very fudgable)
2:00-whenever the second AMV showing's done
6:00-end of masquerade, as I'm in it
11:00-onward (Cosmicity concert & dance are both calling to me...)

Sunday: 12:00-1:00

So early Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon are probably my best ones, or post-Masquerade if everyone's willing to change again afterward.

Flippy
06-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I talked to unforgiventak who is cosplaying Ed all day saturday...so that's another saturaday vote.

RX 03
06-15-2004, 05:04 PM
I vote for Saturday too, aswell.

Flippy
06-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Okay so the shots saturday then since it seems to be the most popular day......but what time?Are we still thinking about the afternoon?

Andariel
06-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Afternoon would probably be the best time to catch everyone. Should we shoot for one? Two?

Flippy
06-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Maybe later due to Nekobun schedule...it's really helpful to know when people can't make the shot rather than picking times.

Nekobun
06-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Actually, I could do 1ish or 2:something; it's not like I ever actually vote for the AMVs anyway, since I always lose my ballots no matter what con I'm at. e_e

But you are NOT going to be able to pull me away from the Mythology/Religion in Anime panel at 12:00; that's the only really unviolable bit on my schedule. ^_^ Such is my fandom.

Flippy
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Okay I've been hearing alot of 1:00 or 2:00 on saturday from everyone else....so how does that work for everyone? Either of those times good?

P.S. Where is the meeting going to take place....my guess would be near the Specail Topaz room since the cosplay judging is still going on so we might want to see what's going on with that...and anyway we are all cosplaying and proably all going to be there getting judged anyway so yeah...Do you guys want to do that?
(Reminder: I went to the old AN hotel not this one so if anybody that has all ready been to this hotel and knows of a better place to meet please put in your two cents. :bigtu: )

Andariel
06-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Either time is good for me, personally. I'll jus' drag my Roy along, she has no choice. ^^; Yea, meeting places are good, indeed. o_o I've never been to the hotel, so have no idea what'd be a good place or not. Just somewhere with plenty of room that we wouldn't be obstructing the way is good.