PDA

View Full Version : Fake Nails

Rosiel
06-10-2002, 03:13 PM
This will seem like a strange question, but does anyone know of a brand of fake nails that will stay on even in the heat of LA summer and yet not be those semi-permanent ones that are hard to impossible to remove? (I want to avoid having to soak my fingers in nail polish remover.)

< Anecdote >

Last year at AX, I wore fake nails... for about ten minutes. By the time we had walked from the hotel to the convention center, the glue had melted and they had fallen off.

So I had to rush back to my hotel, use white nail polish on my own nails, and dig a few of the fallen ones out of my wig. Needless to say, it was a pain.

< / Anecdote >

So I'm trying to find an alternative to not cutting my own nails until AX... without leaving behind me a telltale trail of "breadcrumbs". ;)

Any suggestions?

Medellia
06-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Hmm.. Well, I live in Seattle, so I can't tell you for sure if this works, but there's a new brand of nails that come pre-glued. It's very sticky glue (they say it'll stay on for three days), and it's a really really clean process to put on (just stick on) and take off (soak hands in warm water for 10 mins). If you want, PM me and I'll tell you the brand name when I get home ^_^
As far as I remember they come in kinda tacky designs, but you can prolly just paint right over them. I don't know if they come in oval tips as well as square, but you can prolly find out online ^_^
Hope this helps

MyuMyu
06-10-2002, 06:45 PM
okay. lets see if my brain works x.x I live in San Diego, so the weather is only a LITTLE bit cooler over here... Sally Henson seems to work really well ^_^ Of course, the best thing is to get them professionally, and those'll stay on for a good amount of time if you take okay care of your nails (and a while even if you dont, like me) -- but that can get expensive too, unfortunitly ;-;

.....all else fails, use crazy glue too keep 'em on ^_~

Ghetto Myumyu

Lady Somairot
06-12-2002, 01:03 PM
i've NEVER worn fake nails in my whooooole life, but need them for ONE DAY ONLY at Otakon. can you put nails on and take them off that same day? (well, night in this instance)

*blushes* now i feel silly. >_<

well, i play the piano and the guitar -- both of which i have to keep short nails. *pout* heeellllppppp!

too.. em..bar..ass..innngg....

*passes out*

The_manhamster
06-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Take them off at night...?

:devil: