PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Another Naruto Costume! :3

Kisndy
04-29-2004, 01:39 AM
~in need of help~

hello! I was wondering how all the Sasuke's out there made the top of his collar (shirt) stand up. (how it covers a good part of his face) I've finally convinced my friend to cosplay and Sasuke was his first choice. It'll be my first time actually sewing a costume XD and i was just curious if I had to put something to hold the material up. (or do i just iron it a million times over and hope it dosen't fall?) :3

Thank you SO much for your time!
I'd be so greatful for feedback

Gaara_kun
04-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I think interfacing would definitely help it stand up. So just sew it on or iron it on depending on which one you buy. I'm not sure how much to use but maybe a layer or two....

kerochan
04-29-2004, 11:15 AM
I haven't made the sasuke costume but have helped make costumes taht have collars that stand up. If you are going to be using interfacing get the kind that is really really thick. It will stand up better. I think its called craft interfacing and I think that its even cheaper than the shirt collar interfacing that they sell at Joann's...

Kisndy
04-29-2004, 06:50 PM
thank you SO much for the help! :3 i can't wait to try it out!

-Nayami-
04-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, definitely some kind of interfacing.

I used felt (placed between the blue and white layers), though, and it works perfectly fine.

kawaii_mon
04-30-2004, 01:34 AM
just get some cheap, non woven, iron on interfacing, and iron it to the wrong side of both the outisde fabric and the lining, so then its double reinforced. the thickness and stiffness of the interfacing is generally how stiff it will make the fabric once they're fused together.. good luck ^_^

Lilmrhalfazn
04-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Hehe another Sasuke cosplayer like meh =3

HEhe yeah I'm just about to remake my shirt and put on the collar.

(Last time it was just a store baught shirt no colar and I scrwed up on the colors for the back design :'( )

Well anyways good like

I SHALL BE THE BEST SASUKE AT OTAKON
MWUAHAHAHAHAH

PIcs up his fuuma MWUAHAHAHAH

Digital Blush
05-01-2004, 08:46 PM
:Shakes some blue fabric because of same problems: I had to take apart my sasuke shirt because the size i cut out for a pattern was to small and i dont want to start the ironing of interfacing cause i'm afraid i'll mess up with me luck though, i have to make two sasuke shirts. one for me and one for my boyfriend. and after a-kon is over i'm going to make a Itachi costume for next years a-kon like getting a early start so whoa that one is going to be fun.

Anne Packrat
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Ano, when I did Naruto I just used posterboard and that worked okay....