PDA

View Full Version : Dulles to Katsucon?

moo
11-21-2002, 12:53 AM
I've never been to the DC area before. I'm flying in from California, and while there are flights that go to Reagan National Airport (the one that's 1 mile away from Katsu), there are more (and cheaper and direct) flights that go to Dulles Airport, which is 30 miles away. Is it easy to get to Katsu from Dulles without a car in a reasonable amount of time? Details would be most appreciated for this lost tourist. TIA!

MargauxZ
11-21-2002, 09:59 AM
I'm not staying in the hotel, I'm commuting from my house in Maryland. You might want to call the hotel and ask if they have a shuttle from Dulles to the hotel. If not, you have to get a cab.

I LOVE Dulles, but it is easier to get there from National. And its close enough that the hotel would probably have a shuttle at that picks up at National.

So you have to weigh your options, what is cheaper. Dulles and cab fare or National and free shuttle.

Call the hotel. They will know.

chocoborancher
12-03-2002, 11:47 PM
using current rates for cab fare in the area, From Dulles to the Hyatt costs roughly $45.00-$50.00 each way. so to that airline ticket to Dulles, add about $100.00 to the total.

Cloud Strifey
12-04-2002, 01:17 AM
Reagan is WAAAAY closer. . . its only 1 mile cause you have to loop around the hotel. . but last last year. . i could see Reagan National from my hotel room. .

Heather
12-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Reagan is closer. Depending on how much more the ticket is for Reagan, I would say Reagan since the cab fare from Dulles would be about $50. >_<