PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area cosplayers UNTIE...I mean, UNITE!

MordSith
11-21-2002, 01:15 AM
anyone wanna start a group for the NorCal cons?!?! FF7, 8 or 9 in question, but none decided. C'mon people!!!!!!

ChenCzen
11-21-2002, 01:17 AM
itd probably just end up as you, me, and your pals... cause im the closest to ya...

videogirlc
11-21-2002, 01:37 AM
For whatt conventions.

MordSith
11-21-2002, 02:47 AM
Recca con so far. Probably also fanime & yaoi-con. Yeah, chen; you can be squall, i'll be garnet, and marc'll be zack. lol. i just want a group!!! theme can be worked on later.

ChenCzen
11-21-2002, 02:52 AM
actually id need to get a new squall costume. im thinking of giving away my white one since it doesnt have a real pocket anywhere on it, and the pant legs are sown only at the inseam and it looks like a couple of tubes on my legs...

next time i commision a costume ill know to be specific.

MordSith
11-21-2002, 02:19 PM
cool. do you wanna do an ff9 or ff7 costume?

Daitenshi
11-22-2002, 06:00 AM
I'm already in a group, but where are you located? I'm in Marin ^_^

MordSith
11-22-2002, 12:59 PM
I'm in Alameda.

Karrzor
11-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Greetings, I have a Cid Highwind (FF7) costume I have been looking for an excuse to resurrect. I live in Petaluma, about 30 or so miles north of San Fran.

(BTW MordSith: Bow before your Lord Rahl:skidude:)

*Hides inside his mecha to escape wrath of MordSith.*

MordSith
11-24-2002, 03:31 AM
::grips Agiel tightly:: I shall protect the Lord Rahl at all costs!!!

:-) You rock!!! I think I'll be Garnet, but my buddy is going as Vincent Valentine, until we can afford full leather and a gleaming sword of truth.

Karrzor
11-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Hiya, anyone planning to go to the Recca Con kickoff event on the 30th? If so then look for a guy running around as either Mousse (Ranma 1/2) or Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor) with a video camera that'll be me. I am doing a project for my psych class so come over and say hi.

Oh and MordSidth, I would be willing to attempt a forging (see also creation with foam, cardboard and maybe fiberglass) of the Sword of Truth. Just don't expect me to goes as Lord Rahl. I don't have the build for it. I would be willing to be Samuel (spelling?) if someone would be Shota. :devil:

MordSith
11-28-2002, 01:05 AM
oooo. well, i DO need a pet, don't i? :-) It'd be easier to be Shota than Denna or Cara, tho. My budget doesn't afford me a bodysuit of red leather. Shota was actually my favorite character. I liked her.

Karrzor
11-28-2002, 03:09 AM
Tell me what I must do my mistress :skidude2:

Yeah I know how expensive leather can be. Your best bet is to buy the leather wholesale, you'll need a lot for a Mord-Sith uniform. Bear in mind while the uniform was skintight they also had to be able to move swiftly in it. You might try a red leotard with pleather overlay. Just an idea. For Shota, well that's another story entirely. From what they discribe her outfits would be... interesting to pull off physically :thumbsup: But if you can do it more cosplaying power to you.

Hope to meet up with you guys soon.

Till then: Sieg Cosplayers!

MordSith
11-29-2002, 02:30 PM
yeah, the only thing that springs to mind currently to identify shota with are a few large snakes. wouldn't that be fun?

Karrzor
12-01-2002, 01:09 AM
Actually other than the snakes she had a taste for physics defying, very thin, revealing clothing. If you want to try for the snakes go ahead, they should be easy enough to make or just buy.

Michi
12-01-2002, 01:24 AM
I have too many groups/affiliations to join anything officially, but I'm always ready to hop on a project. ^_^; I live in Marin, and Alameda on various weekends to visit my dad. :o

Umi
12-02-2002, 06:17 AM
I really should have responded to this sooner. I'm in the bay area. I live in San Francisco... tho' I do spend most of the year in S.J. I'm not that experienced so I don't want to join a group, but here I am =D

MordSith
12-03-2002, 12:39 AM
ah. perhaps when i can afford baycon, i can afford to be denna. i shall consider shota, though, and i shall create an outfit that will rival the yunas & rikkus of x-2.

Karrzor
12-05-2002, 11:40 PM
Well if you're willing to do Shota then I would be willing to be your companion Samuel. Now to train myself to be an insane kleptomanic.:devil:

MordSith
12-06-2002, 03:11 PM
For Fanime? I'm planning a Garnet costume. Hmm.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-06-2002, 04:11 PM
for fanime: Domon Kasshu-G Gundam!
*really loves this show*