PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Naruto Leg holster + Back pouch

Mailorder
04-29-2004, 11:38 PM
(I'm aware that http://www.konohaimports.com sells these, but they are way too overpriced, and they're actually not accurate if you want to nitpick the details.)

On the leg holster, is it for the kunai or shurikens? The manga shows that its for shurikens. Here's the manga:
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/chapter003_01.jpg

But the anime shows that it's for the kunai. Here's my screenshots:
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap002.jpg
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap008.jpg
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap005.jpg

As you can see, I'm having problems getting a good side view of the leg holster. I'm trying to figure out how the kunai fits in. And another thing... is there only one holster? Check out this screenshot:
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap017.jpg

Looks like there's two. If there's two, then maybe one is for stars, the other for the kunai. Or maybe Shikamaru just likes to have two.

And if the leg holster is for the kunai, does it hold one? Or more than one?

Now onto the pouch. I'm having problems understanding how the pouch is constructed. These two screenshots should explain what I mean:
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap000.jpg
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap000.jpg

How does it maintain that shape, while still allowing a whole arm to reach inside... while it's still buttoned?

I'm aware that the pouch stores stars (as this shot proves: http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Mailorder/Naruto%20reference/bscap004.jpg), but does it store anything else? Smoke bombs, perhaps?

If anyone has better screenshots of the holster or pouch (and the sandals, if it's not too much trouble), do share!

paruto
05-01-2004, 02:45 AM
hmm...... good questions. i'm guessing that different characters hold different things in their leg holsters. but i remember both kunai and shuriken being pulled out of them. i can't really remember for the back/side pouches, but i'm thinking the same thing. i guess you could always put kunai in the leg holster and shurikens in the pouch.

if anyone has any tips on how to make them, that'd be awesome!

Gaara_kun
05-01-2004, 04:07 AM
I think that they mostly wear two... or one... depends on the character. One probably holds shuriken while the other holds the kunai or a mix. The pouch holds both or a book ^^;.. Konohaimports have made them a little weird looking.... yeah... when I read the auction and looked at the pic... I was like accurate?..nope...far from it.... Yeah, its too big, two put into one, and it looks black instead of blue. And the pouch didn't look too hot too. So, yeah, I'm probably nitpicking it too, but I like accuracy.

If you take a good look at the official leg holder one.... thats the one to replicate. It is very accurate (looks just like it unlike some other place) and is sized nicely with the elastics to keep it to the leg. Or of course the anime pics if you can get very good detailed ones.

Mailorder
05-01-2004, 08:18 PM
If you take a good look at the official leg holder one.... thats the one to replicate. It is very accurate (looks just like it unlike some other place) and is sized nicely with the elastics to keep it to the leg. Or of course the anime pics if you can get very good detailed ones.

Eh?! Link me!

mister_x
05-03-2004, 01:48 AM
that site's leg holsters appear to be army surplus m-16 magazine pouches. from what i've seen the ninja leg pouch has 2 compartments thjat look like they close with velcro and can hold either kunai or shuriken depending on preference. as for the back pouch it looks accurate but both pouches are way too overpriced.

i'm still kind of interested to see how well they make their sandals and how ridiculously overpriced they will be.

pyrosam
05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
from what I understand the back puch holds scrolls and some kunai for fighting.... the leg holster has two pockets/sections.... one that has a place for the ring of a kunai to slip out and also one like we normaly see with a button cover that holds the shuriken.... If you read the manga *spoiler alert*when naruto shikamaru and there team go out to find sasuke kun naruto has two sections to his but pack that looks like a plastic bowl witha divider... one side has the fighting kunai... and the other side has frog scrolls and blank scrolls... and it shows them storing the shuriken in one section of their leg holster... and sliding kunai *like rock lee's* in the other section I hope Ive helped some ^^

Gaara_kun
05-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Eh?! Link me!

Hi,
Sorry... it was an ebay auction... so the pic is long gone. I did save it for my own reference though. Not sure if I could upload it and link it... I'm not good with that kinda stuff ^^;...

Madrox
05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm gonna need to find/make these very soon. There's the back pouch on eBay right now, but it's way overpriced and looks kind of cheapely made.

CelticAngel1306
05-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm about to embark on a trial-and-error mission to make a decent looking kunai holder. Those pictures are going to help me a lot. If I'm successful, I'll pass on some information on the making. Though I doubt it will be anything of high quality (cardboard and fabric is all I got right now).

Madrox
05-17-2004, 06:30 PM
I found the leg pouch that Konoha Imports sells at an Army Navy store for eight bucks. Just needs some slight modification. Nowhere near the $35 they sell it for. I'd say maybe $10 total to make exactly what they have. I'm not selling them or anything. Just thought I'd let y'all know. Still looking for the back pouch.

OkiET-maru
05-17-2004, 10:38 PM
haha...i'm a idiot..and i made my holster fm cardboard...then covered it in black fabric and had the flap at the top held down with velcro...and a black elastic to keep it tight on the leg...it has its box shape...O_O... and i guess its accurate since i followed the design fm those naruto action figures.....

twilit_princess
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
haha...i'm a idiot..and i made my holster fm cardboard...then covered it in black fabric and had the flap at the top held down with velcro...and a black elastic to keep it tight on the leg...it has its box shape...O_O... and i guess its accurate since i followed the design fm those naruto action figures.....

Eh!? No way! I did mine out of cardboard too! Except, I wanted to use velcro, but I did'nt have any... So i used a metal snap! And I was thinking about covering it in fabric, But i painted it instead...
I'm probably more idiotic than you ^_^'

ShinobiXikyu
05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
hmm...... good questions. i'm guessing that different characters hold different things in their leg holsters. but i remember both kunai and shuriken being pulled out of them. i can't really remember for the back/side pouches, but i'm thinking the same thing. i guess you could always put kunai in the leg holster and shurikens in the pouch.

if anyone has any tips on how to make them, that'd be awesome!

I made mine real easy; I found a soft leather eyeglass case that had a rectangular shape and a snap top (and if you can work with a bit of soft leather, the same style is very easy to make since it's just a long box).....then I bought a pair of suspenders and cut off a portion that had the end clasp to fasten it around my leg. Looked great (just not divided), and it's stood up to four cosplays so far.

ShinobiXikyu
05-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Oops, double post.

CaWall75
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, the leg holsters have two pouches, if you read the manga, it holds shuriken BUT it holds kunai knives just as well... I found mine at a local comic book shoppe and it was very accurate. as for the pouch, the hold shuriken or whatever you want really -.-". You can easily make it assuming you know how to sew or has a friend that knows :P

Deealov3
03-20-2011, 05:26 AM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Ninja_Clothing hey um here it is a picture with what has naruto in his back pouch..hope I helped if you still need

TheGhost666
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I was thinking, maybe if you took pocky boxes and decked those out with cloth? I know it sounds kinda lazy, but i have no other plan to have the pouches keep there shape...although they might get crushed eaisily.....and i havent really quite figured out how to get the leg band to stay on...maybe hot glue it to the back and use velcro to hook it togeather? Just an idea....

Black_The_White
04-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I was thinking, maybe if you took pocky boxes and decked those out with cloth? I know it sounds kinda lazy, but i have no other plan to have the pouches keep there shape...although they might get crushed eaisily.....and i havent really quite figured out how to get the leg band to stay on...maybe hot glue it to the back and use velcro to hook it togeather? Just an idea....

You can use pocky boxes, but when I had my scythe holster made (which was based off the kunai holsters) we used cardboard. It's thicker and more sturdy, or so I like to believe..and it hasn't gotten messed up yet.

Velcro should work just fine.

TheGhost666
04-03-2011, 05:35 PM
You can use pocky boxes, but when I had my scythe holster made (which was based off the kunai holsters) we used cardboard. It's thicker and more sturdy, or so I like to believe..and it hasn't gotten messed up yet.

Velcro should work just fine.

Oh, awesome! Cardboard never acutally crossed my mind, but thats a good point.

It's more the hot glue im worried about more then the velcro....

Black_The_White
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh, awesome! Cardboard never acutally crossed my mind, but thats a good point.

It's more the hot glue im worried about more then the velcro....

If you're worried about that, then why not sew the leg band to the holster prior to sewing the cardboard into it? Like..sew the entire frame of it and the bottom, then sew the band onto it, put the cardboard in and sew the top? I hope that makes sense.

TheGhost666
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
If you're worried about that, then why not sew the leg band to the holster prior to sewing the cardboard into it? Like..sew the entire frame of it and the bottom, then sew the band onto it, put the cardboard in and sew the top? I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, it dose. I figured it out though, thanks! ^^ I just took the pouch i had origionally used and cut cardboard to fit it. We used velcrow to attach it to the band as well, witch worked nicely.