PDA

View Full Version : Bangs for a bangless wig

PretearWink
11-21-2002, 04:47 AM
Does anyone have any tips before I grab the shears? ^_^ Thanks in advance.^_^

Koumori
11-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Do you need "tips" or "instructions?" Part the wig where you want the bangs to begin, comb the hair forward from there, and then cut your bangs... it's pretty simple. Just go slowly and don't cut too much at first. You can always make it shorter, but you can't make it longer once you've cut it.

Celine
11-21-2002, 11:54 AM
I haven't had any difficulty with cutting bangs in... but, here's a tutorial if you would like additional help for it. http://www.amphigory.com/wig_how_to_cut_bangs.html

Alaria
11-21-2002, 11:57 AM
if u don't want to actually cut the wig, there are wig sites online and stores as well that sell fake bangs; they're set on a comb and look pretty natural when put on

PretearWink
11-21-2002, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the help everyone! It's lookin' great!

kitty_neko
11-21-2002, 05:18 PM
i also need 2 cut bangs into my wig..... ive been putting it off for over a month cuz im afraid i'll screw it up x.x;
this thread did really help tho! maybe i'll try tomorrow...... or maybe the next day.....or....maybe the next........ ^.^;;;

Allia
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
I know this thread is old, but I need to cut bangs but I don't want them to look fake and blocky. How would I make them look more natural? Is there a certin way of cutting or holding the scissors? Thanks.

Ali
10-19-2003, 07:31 PM
These sites that sell fake bangs on combs... where are they?

kerochan
10-20-2003, 09:53 AM
I posted something similar, but it was for my own hair and someone suggest ed www.drylocks.net/bangs.htm
they sell bangs that you could add to your own hair and maybe even your wig.

Claireon
10-26-2003, 06:30 AM
I believe if you use shears and snip at an angle, instead of straight across, you'll get more feathered bangs.

megumibish
10-26-2003, 09:33 AM
For more natural looking bangs ie. not just a blunt straight cut I use double ended razors broken in half to make choppy/cutey messy bangs. Rule #1 always cut longer than you originally want it so in case you make mistakes you still have a chance to go back and cut off the excess. #2. do this with dry hair so you are not overestimating how much to cut since we all know wet hair hangs down lower than they actually are dry. #3. for the most natural looking razor cut you should not see any distinct choppy ie.straight cuts anywhere. imagine you are making a sidewards zigzag on the bangs and just try to vary the zigzag as much as you can. Here making less than perfect attempts at a zigag give you a better look. finally #4 be careful as you cut the hair since using this razor this way requires you to hold the hair and slowly cut it. *just a note I'm not liable for any fingers being lost using my process ^_^ hopefully it doesn't come to that heheh.

Allia
10-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the bang cutting tips. I'll have to try them on a cheap wig first.