View Full Version : Dejiko accessories!

05-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Okay! What do you think? The bells arent done yet, and I need to make a new cosplay friendly hat to go with my wig (which Im commissioning). I look so icky in this picture... but thats okay. ^^;;; I was completely obsessive over the feet.

05-01-2004, 07:17 PM
mh my gods! I love it! the bells...they're so big! lol I got a thing for bells. It looks awesome! Good job! I LOVE the feet! ^_^

05-01-2004, 10:29 PM
that is an amazing peticoat! things look wonderful, i to am very impressed with the bells. I can't seem to think of much else to say, other than you are doing a great job ^_^

05-02-2004, 01:01 AM
those bells are amazing! did you make them or buy them? i also really like the skirt thing. it looks wonderful! great job!

05-02-2004, 05:36 AM
Yaay! It's coming along great! The tail looks really good too! ^^ I can't wait to start working on your hat!

05-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Hai!!! I made the bells! They arent done yet, I still have to add the rimming stuff that goes in the middle. But yeah - go to a craft store like Michaels, and find those clear plastic things people get to make xmas ornaments. They come in halves. On the inside, I carefully marked up and lined up the slit with tape, and painted it black, then oce that was dry (and after a few more coats), I just took the tape off and painted the rest gold. Then you let that dry, line the slit at the bottom up, snap the halves together, and youre set! Theres even a little hole at the top so you can attach it to whatever you need. For the rims, I got that tubing stuff... you can get it at Home Depot. Not sure what thickness... but I squirted some gold paint in it, then mushed it around to spread the paint along the inside. When youre done, you should be able to blow air through it. It will take forever to dry (going on 3 months here - still not completely done), but the paint slightly changes colors when dry, so I have time to wait. As for the type of paint, I just used acrylic!

05-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Updated! I made the skirt part - Im going to remake the tail, Im not happy with this one.

05-04-2004, 08:06 AM
OooOOooooooH! you're doing sooo well -nyo! {and it sounds like you're haveing a pretty easy time with making/getting it all ^^ } Oh, it's gonna rock ^.^ I can't wait to see the finished product ^-^; {and where on earth did you find a yellow ball? o_o;; ... *my gema has had many casualties* ~_~;; } but, It's looking awesome! {so the blue part ish gonna be 2 pieces? } and I thought the tail stood up nicely ^^; ~~have you started the apron yet? ^^

05-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Oh me likes! Tell me, did you make your cute little feeties? Because I am going to be making big plushie feet like that someday for my Kimba outfit, and was just wondering how hard they are to make. Overall, cute cute!

05-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Dejiko Charat: Ummm I think I got my Gema from www.pricehot.com Im not happy with the tail. It stands up, but its sorta bumpy. I have a few ideas for making it smoother. As for the dress - yeah, two peices. I couldnt find a decent pattern for a dress, but I found a perfect one for the blouse, so Im just making the blouse extra big and tucking it into the skirt, and with the apron on, you wont be able to tell. Speaking of the apron, havent started it yet. ^^; I have the pattern and the fabric though. Just need to alter the skirt part of the pattern so it fits over the petticoat, and I think Ill make a seperate bow to attach to the back of it.

Artzydivahuf: Yep! I made the feet! My bases were these monster feet slippers I had gotten for xmas a few years ago (I think Walmart still sells them). I cut off the toes, sewed the holes shut, then glued "pockets" of flannel on to the top and stuffed them for the toes. Then I took fleece and worked with it untill it was smooth, and took a pleat in the back, then glued it to the bottom, and glued on a base of white pleather to make it a bit more wear friendly. I attached some velcro bits to the top of the slippers, then made flared leg peices with elastic around the top and ankle, then sewed the other side of the velcro on to those, and voila! It all took a few tries. First I tried doing the feet in flannel, but it was bumpy and icky, so I re did it with fleece and it was awesome. It also took me about 3 tries to get the leg parts perfect. ^_^