PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! for AN 2004

Hime no Toki
05-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone else is doing YGO for AN. I'll be DOOM Mai on Saturday and Duelist Kingdom Mai on Sunday. Wondered if anyone was interested in a photoshoot either day. ^_^

*~Hime no Toki~*

ChocoKyo666
05-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey! i'm going as Otogi (Duke) ^____^ and i have two friends who are cosplaying Yu-gi-oh as well..one is gonna be Malik and teh other one is gonna be Isis ^__^ i'll like to join ya in teh photoshoot ^__^

~Steel RK9~
05-04-2004, 06:08 AM
I'd like to join you too, I'm going as Seto Kaiba. Not sure which days I'll be going though.

Hime no Toki
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Cool! ^_^ It's good to see there will be other YGO cosplayers attending. I'm opting for Saturday for the main shoot, but since I'm doing two different Mai costumes I'll be cosplaying her two of the three days so it's all good. ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
05-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Do it Saturday ^_^. I'll be being Rebecca so fear me and meh teddy *waves the teddy bear in your face*
*O*

tempest_strife
05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
No Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay for me... but I will be bringing my cards. Supposivly there is going to be a tournament there... Are you guys going to play?

Hime no Toki
05-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I think there will be a duel, but I'm a novice duelist myself so I doubt I'll be joining in. ^_^ I best leave it to the pros and not make a fool of myself...XD Well, Saturday at 1 is the tentative photoshoot time, just need to pick a location for it. I'll look around the forums and see where most people are taking pics, since I don't know the venue and layout of the area and other people who have attended in the past would surely know better than myself. ^^;

*~Hime no Toki~*

LadyoftheThread
05-05-2004, 12:24 PM
I should be wearing my purple Kaiba costume again at some point although Iím not sure what days Iíll be there yet. I definitely want to go on Saturday though since that seems to be when the most stuff is going on.

Yes, the Anime Next site says thereís supposed to be an unofficial tournament based on Battle City. (They did a Duelistís Kingdom themed tournament last year.) Iím not sure if I would join in since I have cards but Iíve only played on the Game Boy before. ^_^;

Hime no Toki
05-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I believe we will be doing this shoot outdoors someplace, since there are photoshoot regulations now in place. I'm sure we can find somewhere scenic to get some group shots and such done. ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Osuwari
05-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I'll probably end up there taking pictures ^-^ If I can find the right stuff..maybe I can through together a Tea outfit. ^-^ Possibile....but idk.

Darkside Blues
05-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm hoping to get my Hysteric Fairy costume made in time for AN . . . I'm focusing all my time making that since it seems I won't be able to get what I need for a Battle City Bakura cosplay, despite scouring thrift stores like mad. Either way, I'm wearing my duel disk! :P

Edit: Oh, just noticed someone posted something about a tournament. Sweet! *makes note to bring cards*

dylan no tama
05-17-2004, 02:11 PM
i'll be wearing my jounochi cosplay at some point in the con, probably during the tournament.

yup, theres a tournment, at animenext,
last time it was duelist kingdom, this time its battle city rules,
that means everybody in the tournment has to wager a rare card for each duel. and not only that, the winner of the tournament this con, faces the lasts years "king of games for the title"

lasts years "king of games" was my buddy Luke.
hes really really hard. i should know, beacuse i play cards with him almost every week.

good luck to everybody entering! we'll all need it
trust in the random organ of the cards!

tempest_strife
05-20-2004, 04:10 PM
0.0 Noooo!!! I don't wanna loose my cards!! I don't have that many rares in my deck anyways!!! Only one in fact. :..(

My magic and strategy make me do well.

Initial Diesal
05-21-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm up for the challenge! Haha! I've been playing Yugioh for about three years now, but still running hard. Don't have a Yugioh cosplay. Was thinking maybe Vampire Lord, Muahaha... but anyways I don't know what to put on the line, Yata, Slate Warrior, Black Luster Soldier of Envoy, Chaos Emporer Dragon?! X_X I don't wanna lose my Envoys... Anyone want to duel YVD, my aim is Spike Valentine.

~Steel RK9~
05-24-2004, 10:58 AM
I've only been playing Yu-Gi-Oh for about a year but I never back down from a challenge. You have to put up a rare card? Didn't know about that rule...Ah, what the hell, I have about 5 BEWDs anyway. For a Seto Kaiba cosplayer, I'm somewhat of a mediocre duelist. ^_^

Hime no Toki
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok, here's more info for those of you interested in being in the shoot:

Date: Saturday, June 19
Time: 1 PM
Meeting Place: Outside Imperial I room (Main 1)

We shall then proceed to a location outdoors somewhere...this is still to be determined. Any suggestions?

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
05-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Janet!! *glomps j00*
As you know I can't be Rebecca but I've decided I'll be Duke Devlin. And if my friend Allison comes with me she'll be Merrik(Malik lol).
And a nice place to take pics will be where there are trees...........lotsa trees XD;.

Hime no Toki
05-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Oooooooooooh, Otogi-san! ^^ I definately approve. XD I could help you make his necklace and anything else you may need since I know we're running short on time for the con. And the more Marik's...the merrier. *^^* There should be a lot of nice scenery we can use outdoors, after all this is the Meadowlands. ^.^ We shall see.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Tainted-Embrace
06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
>> I just wanted to post here, cause I found you.
JANET IS GOING TO BE THE
HOTTEST MAI EVER Lol.

Sorahana
06-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Duke is done!! I just have to make his arm thingie lol xD; I'm so excited about this!! Only 2 weeks left until AnimeNext!!!!! *bounces around*

dylan no tama
06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
is anybody planning any yu-gi-oh skits for the con?

Mibuzen
06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm going as the greatest Yugioh character ever; creator of Duel Monsters, Pegasus J. Crawford! All of you prepare to have your souls stolen! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And to kick my butt in duels since I don't know how to play.

Hime no Toki
06-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Oooh, a Pegasus! Hope you make it to the photoshoot. ^_^ DOOM Mai steals Pegasus's soul...go Mai. ^^; And I just said a spoiler...*runs and hides*

*~Hime no Toki~*

Mibuzen
06-09-2004, 08:14 AM
OH NO! MY SOUL DES! OH NO PROBLEM HIME MAI GIRL! CONGRATULATIONS! My soul is now yours so I'll be at the photoshoot. I noticed that your cosplaying as Hiei on friday. I wish I wasn't cosplaying as Mint from Ranma on friday otherwise I'd go as Kurama(movie version). I still might go as Kurama on sunday. Also don't worry about the spoiler. I haven't seen it but I know a little about the arc after Duelist Kingdom. I do have more good news. I'll be Kyo from FB at the bar one of the nights. That should be fun. Later.

~Steel RK9~
06-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm excited too...but also panicking. Most of my costume is done except the collar and sleeves, and I gotta fix my wig. See you all there in 10 days! ^_~

Hime no Toki
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I have to do the collar for my outfit too...XD That and part of the duel disk, then I'm all set. Hard to believe the con is that soon...I'm leaving on Thursday and getting there Thursday night. ^_^

*~Hime no Toki~*

~Steel RK9~
06-10-2004, 06:06 AM
I'm just going saturday, but there is a very slim chance I might be able to go Sunday as well.

LadyoftheThread
06-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Well, only one more week to the con. ^_^ The humanoid Blue Eyes White Dragon costume I had an idea for a couple of weeks ago is almost done and I should be wearing it Sunday and part of Friday. Look for lots of shiny pale blue fabric! :D Iím planning to be Seto for the photoshoot though.

Darkside Blues
06-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Can't wait to meet you all at AN. :bigtu: I'm glad the photoshoot is on Saturday, since I still need time to finish my Hysteric Fairy costume (my sewing machine is giving me trouble, unfortunately ) Friday I'll be in my EGL costume with my friend from university - look for lots of black and parasols!