PDA

View Full Version : Very confused about PMX Group Discount Registration

Mailorder
05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Just to figure out how the group registration worked, I filled out an unpaid pre-registration group form. I had more than 10 people registered, but each person was charged $20. The site says the group discount is $5 per person. I made sure that I qualified for it, as I had enough people registering and we were only registering for one day (Monday).

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to get the $5 dollar per person group discount : (

Another thing I noticed is that after you register the unpaid form, you have two options: mail in the cash, and have your badge ready when you arrive at the convention OR bring the cash to the convention to the "unpaid pre-registered" area. If I choose the first option, can I make the addresses of all the people in my group my address, so I can just hand them their postcards individually? And if I choose the second option, will they end up making the badge on site, thus draining time?

toddpw
05-02-2004, 08:52 PM
One-day Adult memberships are $25, so the discounted price should be $20 as you saw.

Child memberships (normally $20) aren't allowed on a group form; I don't believe we've published any other $20 price for membership badges. If you can point me to the pricing information you saw, I'd like to check into it.

Regarding addresses: We prefer that you use everyone's Photo ID address, because without them it is considerably more difficult to authenticate badge replacements and refunds. If you are willing to be present to vouch for anyone in your group however, it should be okay.

The main advantage to paying ahead of time is that you get in a much higher priority line. Badge production times should be about the same for both unpaid and pre-reg.

Mailorder
05-03-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm a bloody moron. I wasn't reading carefully. I thought it was five dollars per person. But instead, its five dollars OFF. So basically, 25 - 5 = 20. Like you said. Sorry about the silly mistake : /

And thanks about the clarification on mailing addresses and unpaid vs. paid. I'll put down separate addresses, just to be safe.