PDA

View Full Version : AWA aka Anime Weekend Atlanta, Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

Toastersix
05-02-2004, 07:27 PM
UPDATE:

COSPLAY.COM PHOTOSHOOT: 3:45 in the lobby in frount of the elevators

There's a tentative Sailor Moon photoshoot at 4:00 in the same location... and a Final Fantasy shoot that has yet to have a time.

Aleathia Burns
05-05-2004, 10:31 AM
My dear, dear, dear, cosplay pal. You are not the only one going and believe me I feel your pain I can not wait to go. I really hope to see your machina maw Rikku costume I bet it"ll be super sweet!!! See ya at the con!!!! :jjacks: :dance:

SuthrnBelleChan
05-06-2004, 08:22 AM
I'll be there! I'm about to start on my two big costumes, and more than likely they'll debut at AWA

SuthrnBelleChan
05-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Hold up you did Machina Maw too? Sweet! I have a Machina Maw that i'm just not comfortable wearing in public yet lol. And i'm trying to make a Machina Maw to sit on ^_^ hehe That only came about cuz i have friends who are techies that were like SCORE WE WANNA MAKE IT lol

michiko-chan
05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
I'll be living in Decatur come fall so I can take the MARTA and the bus there. And I'll likely be recycling costumes from Animazement 2004... Fujiko, Botan, and Kikyo.

Toastersix
05-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's going to be @ AWA! ^_^

Another Machina Maw? OMG! We must get pictures together! ^^

Foxborn
05-07-2004, 01:48 AM
I'll try my best to go! But the cash flow between now and then is extremely questionable, so we'll just see. Jessie-chan will kill me if i don't go (again) and now that i've actually been to a con (Persacon, by the way, and it was great!) I wanna go even more to see what a big con is like.

SuthrnBelleChan
05-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Hehe hopefully i'll be enough in shape and not nerovus ot wear it in public lol spandex doesn't like me hehe. LOL Let me tell ya Jacob, AWA will be a shock after PersaCon, it's so big hehe

RobTheStampede
05-07-2004, 08:40 AM
i will be there i dont know what costumes im bringing yet ^__^

Flowery
05-08-2004, 09:59 PM

SuthrnBelleChan
05-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Yay! ^^* It'll be my first time going this year. Hope it'll turn out well for me... .__.;;

I'm probably gonna do Iris, the girl in my avvy, if I can ever buckle down and make some decent armor. -_-; Also, I'm almost certainly going to give a try at Yuffie (FVII version). And I've got Alexiel in the process -- so keep your eyes open for me, and I'll keep 'em open for you guys too!

DEfinately!! If you or anyone happens to see a bade that says "SuthrnBelleChan" give me big huggles ^_^

FF9Garnet85
05-15-2004, 02:51 PM
I wanted to but i cant afford to lose placement where i am living right now....sorry guys!

Wing
05-15-2004, 07:03 PM
I might be going to AWA either as a normal dressed guy, or Alucard(sp?) from Hellsing or Buster Gundam from Gundam Seed, or might do cloud from FF7-Advent :P Its gonna be weird going to a big con after Persacon, I'll prob freak out and not go :P

snowqueenie
05-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Its gonna be weird going to a big con after Persacon, I'll prob freak out and not go :P

AWA is consider big?

Ragresen
05-15-2004, 10:07 PM
I never thought AWA was big. Big to me is AX or Dragon Con sized Cons. AWA is sort of a small fish out there to be honest. But hey it could be big compared to other cons out there. For those who are going enjoy it.

Wing
05-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Its bigger then most cons I've been to, 100+ people cosplaying is big to me

fairel
05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I am definetly going, and hoping to get a FFIV cosplay group together!
Most of my friends are not going though.. and that makes me sad :(

michiko-chan
05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Of people who have gone before, is the formal dance worth going to?
And for everyone going this year, are you going to the dance?
I ask because I have a prom dress sitting in my closet and it's so pretty I'd like to be able to wear it more than once.

PeanutProduct
05-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I've never been to the dance before [only been to the con once] but it sounds like it's really nice and bit different from how they were doing it. I only can say from what I've read, but it sounded like they weren't as formal before and this year they're really pushing down on it. $7 or so doesn't sound to bad to go to the dance, though I'm not going to go [nobody to dance with] it seems like a good time to pull your prom dress out again :p

livvylove
05-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Im going but I cant go to the dance because the only day I can make it up to Atlanta is on saturday. I woulda loved to go but not this time. I just hope the staff isn't as rude as they act on the message boards. If they are then AWA will be a one time deal.

CozmicRio
05-30-2004, 11:37 PM
I hate how many famous JROCKers come to the US but only go to conventions that are either in California or Texas. I want to attend their concerts but i dont have the money to just get up and leave the state for a weekend. I wish some would attend AWA but since its not a very popular con i doubt it. AWA seems to be getting a larger audience every year so hopefully some performer(s) may want to attend it some day. Does anyone feel the same? Is there anyway that we could help bring more life to this con? I mean i love it, since it was the first and only con ive attended but it needs a change >.<

Arigatou!
Rio

Toastersix
05-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Yes, you're right. It needs somee performers. XD

First, I think they ought to warm up to cosplayers a little more, though. They don't encourage it much... and I've been to many MUCH smaller cons, but they are all larger in the cosplay population.

AWA is lots of fun, usually, though. ^_^ I met a whole group of people from the show I was cosplaying from and we had a blast. Ranma 1/2 and FFVI invaded AWA last year. It was a ton of fun. XD

Chibi Julia
05-31-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm going to AWA again. My best friend and I have gone for the past two years. AWA 8 was our first con.

RandomFanboy
05-31-2004, 03:11 PM
Dave told me that he was afriad of hiring performers as of yet, but if the con keeps growing he said he may start looking into it.
I guess I'm gonna be there this year. I'll probably go as Squall, and wear his formal costume for the ball... if I go to the ball that is. Last year's dance was pretty fun, I guess.
My friend is going as Seifer (or so he says) and we're trying to find some other ff8 cosplayers.
What's everyone cosplaying to AWA this year?

livvylove
05-31-2004, 05:24 PM
"What's everyone cosplaying to AWA this year?"

Hopefully ill be going as Ranma(female-type) and my boyfriend will be going as Ranma(male type). Im sure ill be able to find a wig thats good and fluffy.

CozmicRio
05-31-2004, 10:40 PM
I totally agree, AWA is alot of fun and i love it! I just thought having some performers there would get more people to come and would 'spice' things up Lol.

I love seeing people cosplay there, its so much fun to meet new people! I wish they would encourage it more so people would create beautiful costumes and show them off instead of throwing one together and just showing up saying there some character, ya know >.<

These are defiantly things they need to improve, i would hate to see this con become dull >.<

I will prolly cosplay dark Chii, Rio from burn up w and hopefully a jrock/lolita one ^^ Problem is theres so many jrockers i love i cant decide >.<;

Rio

Mouse
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
AWA is the only con I've been to and will probably be the only con I ever go to.. I might not even get to go this year. Even if Dad does find a job and we can pay for a hotel room, neither of my parents reallylike going to cons with me.. let me rephrase that, both of my parents absolutely despise Anime conventions and are driven insane at the very mention of me wanting to attend one. They are also totally overprotective and would refuse to let me drive down/room with anyone else, so I dunno.

It may be a no this year.

NoriRain
06-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Me and my friend Jamie will be going this year, along with some of her friends and mine. I know for sure we'll be in a chobits group and we'll be doing bondage fairies. Other than that... I'm not too sure on costumes yet, but I'm excited ^_^

Lucifer
06-03-2004, 10:19 PM
This will be my first time attending AWA, and I look forward to it. My friend spoke nothing but positive experiences (even concerning the staff) from the con. His only note, was to be polite and courtious and you will get the same in return.

As for costumes, I am not sure, most likely whatever I have at the time. I will not be making anything specific for the convention (cosplay-burnout by that point).

Dinahsprodigy
06-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Too early? Too EARLY? It's never too early to think about a con! I've never been to AWA, but the girls (and guys) I'm going with have, and they say it's a blast! I'll be oding Pamila from Bondage Fairies and Freya from Chobits.

This time, we're gathering together a huge group so we can do a Chobits group! Hope to see everyone there!

DP :dance:

Elen
06-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh, wow, Flowery, maybe we'll see each other at AWA! I always make it a point to go to this con, especially since all my cosplays are promised appearances this year! (@.@)

Guaranteed Saturday: Reki from .hack//Legend of the Twilight('s Bracelet)

Guaranteed (though which day is unknown):
- Yugi Mutou (a little... "spoofy version") from Yu-Gi-Oh
- Geddoe from Gensou Suikoden III

Flowery
06-06-2004, 04:51 PM

Elen
06-06-2004, 09:48 PM
There's always at least one dealer who sells doujinshi. Unfortunately, recently it's mostly been hentai and yaoi. :sulk: I haven't bothered since two AWAs ago when all the doujinshi I found were nothing but hentai (and no Rockman X ones, either. Wish I had bought that when I had the chance).

Flowery
06-06-2004, 11:52 PM

JasonTD
06-07-2004, 03:42 AM
After last year's AWA I said I wasn't going back to that one (due to various assorted mega-drama unrelated to the con itself), but I'll probably find my way back up to Atlanta again this year. It's my hometown even though I'll be living in Orlando by then. I'd be wearing a Kingdom Hearts Cid costume and... I dunno what else. Maybe I'll make repairs and revamps to my Ilpalazzo costume and bring that one out again if I can find an Excel and Hyatt.

Elen
06-08-2004, 01:59 AM
I was able to buy the Rockman X3 Gold Armor X and the Rockman X4 Black Armor X last year after bargaining them for about $30. They already sell those and often sell them rather quickly.

Terumi
06-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I was thinking about going... but AWA looks so strict...and different. o-o; Can anyone tell me a little about it?

JasonTD
06-08-2004, 01:51 PM
AWA has a reputation for not liking cosplay, and a lot of people take that to mean that they don't like costumes, which is untrue. There's a costume contest, and cosplayers are all over the con. There just isn't a cosPLAY contest. The con itself is pretty standard anime con fare aside from that. They have a good dealer's room, a big artist alley, karaoke, guests, etc. For some reason I always seem to have big drama assault me during AWA, but that's entirely coincidental I think.

Elen
06-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Sponsoring a cosplay event was too much of a hassle for the staff, in addition to lots of poorly practiced and repetitive skits.

Otherwise, like JasonTD said, AWA still caters to the cosplayer by keeping a costume contest.

Also, some might have noticed the weapons policy.
THIS IS NOT INACTED BY THE AWA STAFFERS THEMSELVES!!!
This is a policy instated by the hotel the convention is hosted in. In a nutshell:

No whips.
No loose chains.
No handguns, rifles, shotguns, or prop/replica versions of these weapons, essentially NO FIREARMS OF ANY KIND, even toy guns. (Thanks to the Columbine kids, probably.)

Flowery
06-09-2004, 08:31 PM

Elen
06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
As long as it's not a gun, whip, or loose chains, and you're not dangerously horse-playing with it (and dangerously risking hitting nearby folks), it's all cool.

Amelia Seyruun
06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I'll be going. I've just started to work on my costume. ^_^ If everything works out I should be the one with a big inflatable hammer with smilies all over it. I've asked on their forum if it would be against the weapons policy. They said melee weapons are fine so the hammer would be okay, probably the staff too. As long as you don't go around bonking people with it. I'm not sure able this but I think it's just the Dealers's Room and the Art Rooms where the props aren't allowed.

Elen
06-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah, only in the Dealers' Room and the Art Room are weapons absolutely not allowed.

waterox
06-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, my group is going AWA. I think I have finally decided on doing gash bell. I mean a 6' 4" gash would be hilarious. My girlfriend thinks it is a bad idea since no one has really seen the show. But I think it would be refreshing after the 15 million vash/ alucard/chobit/inu yasha costumes. I wish people would start straying away from shows that are on a 4 hour loop on cartoon network.

Last year at awa there was a keneida from Akira but they took his cardboard laser rifle (which makes him some guy in jeans and a red jacket). AWA really needs to find a place that will let cosplayers have weapons. I mean at least fight for the right to have non-realistic weapons. I could bring a real gun and no one would know. At least the fake guns would be seen.

Awa gets worse every year but I think due to the lack of the big cons in major cities in the south AWA IS the LARGEST to us who don't want to fly. Every year I say I am not going back, but lo and behold, I keep planning to go after a few months. So it takes more alcohol to keep me going but hey I don't drink that much anyways.

Anyone in south florida or between need a ride? I will be leaving thursday night and coming back sunday afternoon. I might even have some floor space in the room for people willing to chip in :)

Flowery
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM

Elen
06-11-2004, 12:51 PM
AWA is no stinkier than any other con or any other place in the world. It's the video gaming room you want to avoid whenever they have tournaments. *lol*

Last year at awa there was a keneida from Akira but they took his cardboard laser rifle (which makes him some guy in jeans and a red jacket). AWA really needs to find a place that will let cosplayers have weapons. I mean at least fight for the right to have non-realistic weapons. I could bring a real gun and no one would know. At least the fake guns would be seen.

Awa gets worse every year but I think due to the lack of the big cons in major cities in the south AWA IS the LARGEST to us who don't want to fly.What do you mean by "AWA really needs to find a place that will let cosplayers have weapons"? (o_O) Cosplayers can walk around with any prop weapon as long as it's not a whip, gun, or loose chains. Of course, you can't walk with your weapon in the dealers and art room because it's crowded in there and you run the risk of knocking stuff around with weapon props (you've been to AWA a couple of times; I'm sure you understand this). The staffers themselves wouldn't mind if cosplayers had those props. It's just the place they have the con at that says you can have those props.

If there is someone you ought to blame for the weapons policy, blame all the:

- kids and parents who try to put the blame on others for their irresponsibility with a gun,
- all the folks who kept swinging their whips and loose chains around in crowded areas.

Go blame it on the irresponsible idiots for all these policies.

waterox
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Ok Ok so lets say that the gun thing is stupid...... I mean like anyone that wanted to shoot the place would walk in with a real gun..... did I mention I want to see the person trying to take a real gun away from someone at a con. ALOT of cosplayer require props..... last year they were taking away props and then oooopppps I don't know we never had anything that looked like that. It is stupid.

Half of what makes an anime con great is the cosplayers. Otherwise it is a big yardsale. Just like Megacon.

Flowery
06-11-2004, 05:53 PM

Chibi Julia
06-12-2004, 01:03 AM
AWA 8, they werent that bad about the weapons policy. the only problem i saw is that they actually took a wooden pop gun la rae was using for a prop as lady eboshi for just saturday only @_@;; until the costume contest. she wasnt playing with it or anything.

but last year, I think mainly bc it was a new hotel, they were actually, i want to say rude, about alot of things. one of the trigun cosplayers, I think he was cosplaying Legato (the guy with the spikes on his shoulders) they counted that part of his costume as a weapon, but like i said last yr, they had no problem with it.

but like i said, i think its bc of the hotel we were at. Im just reading the last page of this topic, so dont mind me if i miss something, someone else has already said lol ^_^;;

but i really had no problem with AWA. during pre-judging and all, they make sure theyre cosplayers are well taken care of with plenty of water and everything. If it wasnt for that, I seriously think I would have fainted while standing in line.

scandia
06-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I can't wait till AWA. It has been the con I enjoy the very most year after year.

At the moment, my planned costumes are Rinoa for Friday and Sara Trantoul for Saturday. Not sure yet if I am going to the Rose Ball.

I'm staying at the same hotel I slept at last year. It is cheap and offers free breakfast. Plus the service is great.

AWA always offers stuff that no other con I attend has. Maybe because the others are all in Florida so there is overlap. But some of the panels, screenings, and activities going on at AWA have no match anywhere else.

Jess-Jess
06-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I have never been to AWA, and I really want to go. What kind of events are usually heald there? Do they have a video game room? I hope so, I sure love me some Taiko no Tatsujin action!!! lol...Also, how big is it? I'm used to AFO, Metrocon, Jacon sized conventions, so I figure it's bigger than that, but I really don't know. Thanks a lot guys!

Jess-Jess

Hime no Ryuu
06-13-2004, 09:33 PM
You can check out their website: www.awa-con.com for some info.

There's a video game room, video rooms, costume contest, DDR contest, AMVs..pretty much a bunch of stuff. There's Yaoi After Dark also, and there was a wig styling panel last year, and there's been a kimono panel for the last two years, among other things. Size I can't tell you, this is the only con I've attended but I've heard it's a little on the small side. You bringing up Metrocon, however, makes me think that they're about the same.

As for the weapons policy, it is for everyone's safety. It is not stupid; if you want to wave guns around go somewhere else. I won't want to be around you while you do. These are not peaceful times, and America is full of stupid people.

And, like Elen said, this is not AWA banning the weapons. It is the facilities they are using. The Renaissance Waverly and the Cobb Galleria Centre are the ones with the rules. The hotel is private; you are allowed to use your other weapons(swords, staves, whatever) inside the hotel. However, when you pass from the hotel into the Galleria, which is a public center, no weapons at all, and no masks.

AWA only endorses these rules because they don't want you to bring a gun and get jumped by cops. Because there *are* police at the con, all over the place. It's just the way it is.

Be glad they still allow us to cosplay. If terrorism persists, that may be taken away altogether.

Elen
06-13-2004, 11:23 PM
5000+ attendees, and that's from pre-registration.

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-14-2004, 12:06 AM
wow that's a pretty good number! and me and my family/friends are about to add about 10 to that....but how to fit that many ppl with 3+ costumes each in two cars :mfg: ??

I was always planning to go but never got around to it, but i'm DEFENITELY going this year.

Jess-Jess
06-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Wow! Yeah, that is pretty darn big. I think Metrocon last year got something like 1,500 attendees (it was their first year though...) Yeah, I think it's probably around the same size, or a little bigger than AFO. Cool, I will seriously have to think about going, it sounds like a lot of fun ^-^

Flowery
06-24-2004, 02:22 PM

Jess-Jess
06-24-2004, 02:51 PM
That would probably be fine, since it's not actually dangerous. I remember a little girl at AFO a couple of years ago was dressed as May and was carrying around a big anchor too, but she was like 7 or so, so compaired to her body size, it wasn't really too big ^-^; lol...But you should try! I assume you're going to be May, and that's what makes a May costume "over-the-top" cool :)

Flowery
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM

Elen
06-25-2004, 04:22 AM
It'll be fine. It's not a gun, a whip, or dangerously loose chain. :D

AshleyV
06-25-2004, 09:37 PM
So I just found out today that if I can go to AWA! Due to marching band season I could never attend but I'm really excited about going!

phantomthief
06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
hah! I never saw this thread before... Funny. AWA 9 was my first con, I had lots of fun!! There's plenty of space, a nice Dealers Room, showing rooms, cat boys, etc. lol... Very happy place... Lots of happy people... Happy people... Too happy for their own good O.O *head explodes*

All in all, great experience! Plus they had doughnuts... ^^

I think the staffers are starting to schedual more cosplayer events as well. I mean...
Friday "6:00 pm Grand Naruto Photo"
I can't wait!!!
So... What am I planning...

Uchiha Itachi
Mew Ichigo (Cafe Mew Mew Uniform)
Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke

~Ari-chan

Flowery
06-26-2004, 10:55 PM

Elen
06-27-2004, 02:32 AM
Cat boys = boys who dress up wiht cat ears and tail and look like your typical yaoi victims (fishnets, chains, tight leather/PVC, collars with bells).

Sorry if it sounds like I have a problem with cat boys, but from what I've seen, most were like that.

PretearWink
06-27-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm probably gonna be back again for AWA X3 If I am, I'll most likely bring AC Tifa, Kula Diamond, and Alice Elliot, but...I know that before every con one of my costumes gets moved back and something random gets thrown in it's place X3 We shall see X3

Lucifer
06-27-2004, 11:30 AM
My AWA schedule changed somewhat, due to finding perfect material for long lost projects. For now my schedule should be:

Friday - Marishka (Van Helsing)
Saturday - Axle (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Sunday - Yaten Kou (blue suit)

Aside from Otakon, I'm very much looking forward to AWA...though not the drive there.

Flowery
06-27-2004, 07:21 PM

sarabug
06-29-2004, 09:41 AM
I'll be at AWA! i can't wait, it's actually my first year because i used to live 8 hours away and came down for dragoncon, couldn't do it twice in one month, but now i live here in beautiful atlanta and will be joining a bunch of my friends who are AWA regulars.

my costume list as of now looks like this:
kisa from fruits basket
lum
juri from utena

and the return of some from animazement that deserve a little more wear time:
suu from clover
nurse haruko from flcl

i might possibly finish up my asuka plugsuit in time....we'll see.....heh

Flowery
06-29-2004, 09:35 PM

zephy
06-29-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm planning on possibly going,but I'm kinda nervous. For all of the cons I have been to, this is the only one where I'll actually have to FLY to one! I've always heard of what a good con it is and I really want to see for myself, so I'm splurging.

I'll be flying, hopefully, from my home here in Philly down to Hartsfield.

Any advice for a newbie a) to flying to a con b) to the AWA itself? Any fun stuff that an out of towner should know or should do? ^_^;;;

Elen
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know of any groups that are forming at AWA right now? =o (other than a Final Fantasy one... ^^; ) I'd like to see what's out there to jump into as of now...I'm part of a .hack//COSPLAY group and a Suikoden Series group (check my sig for roles). There's a Full Metal Alchemist group, Naruto group, and a Fushigi Yuugi group. There's also always the Chiis.
Any advice for a newbie a) to flying to a con b) to the AWA itself? Any fun stuff that an out of towner should know or should do? ^_^;;;Have! Fun! (=D)
You can check out their website for details about the con:
http://www.awa-con.com

I admit, the last time I went I hardly did anything because I was hanging out with so many awesome folks.

Toastersix
06-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Wait, Wait.. You said Yaten!!!

I must have pictures. Must. XD

Woah, aren't you in the X photoshoot @ Otakon? ^^; *is the Arashi*

I'm going as Seiya/Star Fighter for most of AWA and then Kuja(FFIX) for the rest of the time.

Flowery
06-30-2004, 05:41 PM

Toastersix
06-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Both, which is why I put a slash there. hehehehe

Flowery
06-30-2004, 07:21 PM

Toastersix
06-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks much! ^^ I *wish* I was the guy in my avvy...

The guy in my avvy is Shibue Jyoji, the guy who plays Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen in live action Sailor Moon. He is SO HAWT. XD

I can't wait to see you at AWA, too! We must get pictures!!

nebbie
07-01-2004, 10:38 AM
I'll be in artist alley most of the time, hopefully. AWA doesn't have interesting panels (IMO), so the alley is perfect for me~~ Come visit! XD

Hopefully I'll be wearing...

Lady Luck Paine from FFX-2
Songstress Rikku from FFX-2
Irenes from Chrono Cross

I originally didn't mean to have two FFX-2 costumes at one con, but plans for a previous convention fell through. ;-;

Lucifer
07-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Wait, Wait.. You said Yaten!!!

I must have pictures. Must. XD

Woah, aren't you in the X photoshoot @ Otakon? ^^; *is the Arashi*

I'm going as Seiya/Star Fighter for most of AWA and then Kuja(FFIX) for the rest of the time.

Yep I'm going as Yaten in his 'flaming gay' suit. Namely the one with the pink shoes. I even have a plush Luna my friend gave me ^^;

Wow you're in the X shoot too?! Yep I'm the Satsuki. Awesome!!! I'm really psyched for the X group at Otakon. :D

Yuna Kitty
07-03-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm really, really hoping to go to AWA along with my significant (it's hard to plan around shows and cash flow ^_^; ). It'll be his first time going to a convention, so he's excited. If all goes well, we will both be doing cosplay from Zelda. Other than that, I'll probably drag along a few others for Friday like Alternate Frida or Ulala, maybe. Maybe Utena...just because of the car.

...I babbel. Aiya...

phantomthief
07-05-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm having too much fun designing Itachi... ayaaaaaaaa...

~Ari-chan

Ayane_Eiketsu
07-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Awesome! My brother's going as Itachi too! btw, you got any suggestions on how to make the neck of the cape stand up or how to make the shoes?? :waaaah:

livvylove
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
When is AWA going to get its own forum on these boards?

WolfwoodSC
07-15-2004, 02:40 PM
im going this year for all 3 days

Fri-Not Dressing, cause ill be coming straight from school.....lol

Sat- Im going as Shino from Naruto

Sun-Im going as the General from FLCL *i can never remember is name*

i always hang out near the artists and usually buy some from them so ill be there when not in the video rooms, Im always looking for fellow cosplayers to meet so if u want to meet up or just talk im me i am usually on aim all the time

WolfwoodSC
07-15-2004, 02:41 PM
When is AWA going to get its own forum on these boards?

You would think that it would by Now............... how bout now.......no not yet.......but soon

isamu85
07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi guys!
I also can't wait for AWA 10 and have been saving up some cash to get some cool stuff! This year I'll be spending more time in the Artists Alley(last year I spent most of my time in the dealer's room! ^-^;) I plan on going as Haru from Rave Master on Friday, Baralai from Final Fantasy X-2 on Saturday and still thinking about who to go as on Sunday.

WolfwoodSC
07-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Ok im in despret*i kno spell check is needed* mode to find pictures that people took at AWA 9, i cosplayed as Wolfwood and the only pictures of me I can find online are of my back i have spent hours looking.........hours i say

ne way if ne body has ne pics of a wolfwood with a BADLY cosplayed Vash (i mean his coat was blue and he spray painted it red) also my brother was with me he was Zaize The Beast...........for half the day then he put his pocket Otaku Shirt on.

if ne one has ne information of/or a pic it would help me greatly

WolfwoodSC
07-18-2004, 01:28 AM
well it seems alot of people here are goin to awa 10, does any one know if there will be an offical photoshoot for cosplay.com, or if we need to set it if ne one wants to.......................love & peace

also if ne body wants to meet up at the con IM me on aim cause i lot of u guys have really good costume ideas..........

phantomthief
07-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Awesome! My brother's going as Itachi too! btw, you got any suggestions on how to make the neck of the cape stand up or how to make the shoes??

O.O Argggg... evil collar of death... I tried a lot of interfacing, but it's still pretty floppy... I'm going to try thin poster board... ^^; just stick the interfacing/stiffner in between the fabric and your lining and there you go :)

As for the shoes... ak. I'm buying a pair of flip flops from goodwill, pulling out the thong thing and building over that... Rawr.

~Ari-chan

Lucifer
07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Anyone planning on entering the costume contest? Just curious.

isamu85
07-18-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm might enter this year with a few other people. This year, they're putting a limit on how many people can enter the contest so it's first come, first served. Also I heard people need to know a password in order to get in

Wing
07-19-2004, 03:09 AM
I'll be going to AWA, hope not to run into drama with some people, really just wanna have fun at this, I'll be cosplaying as Itachi, and wolfwood (If we can fit the cross in the back of the car) But I might have a change of heart and do Gai or Rock Lee, bwhahaha, AWA10 is gonna be so fun to me because I can get away from my normal life once again, can' wait ! :D

Ciarathallya
07-19-2004, 11:20 AM
*wavies* I am shocked this is in "others" rather than it's own subforum. Oh well. I'll be there this year if it kills me. I was too sick to go last year.

Aleathia Burns
07-20-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm might enter this year with a few other people. This year, they're putting a limit on how many people can enter the contest so it's first come, first served. Also I heard people need to know a password in order to get in
A password!? Man that is somewhat scary, cuz last year I guess the reason why they got so many entries was that they were giving out more entry forms to people who did not get theres online. :woah: :rolleyes: Oh well.

Ciarathallya
07-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Plus people were not reading the rules through completely (if at all). Like trying to enter original costumes or skits. So to cut down/avoid this they are testing your knowledge of the rules. They are trying to cut the total combined number of groups and individuals down to 120 entrants. And um fill out your application correctly too. Messups and non-rule abiders will be disqualified from what I hear.

WolfwoodSC
07-20-2004, 04:27 PM
it was really long last year and i had to go before i saw the winner later i found out so itz all good...... hopefully the make smaller this year cause who wants to sit there for 4 hours.

JasonMerrill
07-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm Jason Merrill, AWA's Cosplay Director. Let me clear up some confusion regarding our Entry Form. The "password" (actually a secret word) is both a joke and a way to get people to actually read the rules. Last year I spent some time in our information booth answering questions and handing out Entry Forms. You have to bring the form with you to the contest. Contestants were filling it out and handing it to me right then. If they had actually read the rules, they would not have done so. Adding a "secret word" is just a way to get people to pay attention.

The actual line from the Entry Form reads:
8. The secret word is ______
<This will be printed on the form so we will know you have actually read this far. Sneaky, aren't we?>

I hope this alleviates any confusion.

SuthrnBelleChan
07-20-2004, 11:30 PM
I'll be there again. Saturday will be the Hellsing group, and we'll be competing. I'm also bringing Gun Mage Rikku, Hold on... OMG... my mom just came in here and told me a man was arrested in the park... all he was wearing was nacho cheese... oh lord... BACK ON TOPIC hopefully i will have COunt D done >.< maybe not, if not then you'll all see me dressed up friday night for the dance (now i just gotta drag my BF there lol)

WolfwoodSC
07-21-2004, 09:34 AM
cool hope to see everyone there..........

2 months left

WolfwoodSC
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
*wavies* I am shocked this is in "others" rather than it's own subforum. Oh well. I'll be there this year if it kills me. I was too sick to go last year.

yes even after last years topic size......

Ciarathallya
07-22-2004, 05:14 PM
(now i just gotta drag my BF there lol)
Tell him there's gonna be a DDR Tourney :p *goes back to the staggering pile of fabric*

SuthrnBelleChan
07-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Tell him there's gonna be a DDR Tourney :p *goes back to the staggering pile of fabric*

LOL I think Mike owuld catch on though lol he's a swift cookie lol. He'd be like "Why am i dressing up for a DDR Tourney? Why are YOU in a dress?! WAIT A SECOND!" lol

Aleathia Burns
07-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll be there again. Saturday will be the Hellsing group, and we'll be competing. I'm also bringing Gun Mage Rikku, Hold on... OMG... my mom just came in here and told me a man was arrested in the park... all he was wearing was nacho cheese... oh lord... BACK ON TOPIC hopefully i will have COunt D done >.< maybe not, if not then you'll all see me dressed up friday night for the dance (now i just gotta drag my BF there lol)

Nacho cheese huh. :rolleyes: Darn he took my costume idea darn it!!! Oh well I guess I can do a guacamole one...naw he'd steal that one too!!! The nerve of that guy!!! :p

WolfwoodSC
07-27-2004, 09:48 AM
so people will be DDRing in cosplay.............
intersting

*goes and pulls out his DDR mats*

MUST PRACTICE

SuthrnBelleChan
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Nacho cheese huh. :rolleyes: Darn he took my costume idea darn it!!! Oh well I guess I can do a guacamole one...naw he'd steal that one too!!! The nerve of that guy!!! :p

LOL that's great, i jsut have this horrible image of liek that guy in cheese, and you in guacamole, and like Ranma or someone as a giant tortilla chip

Aleathia Burns
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
:thumbsup: Yeah all we need is a giantic 16 oz drink and look out Taco Bell!!!! :rockon: :crylaugh:

AshleyV
07-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Taco Bell? That sounds pretty good right now. Anyways, back to being semi-on topic.
Does everyone know what costumes they are going to be wearing or at least have any idea.

Ciarathallya
07-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Gawd I saw that news story. Ppl around here are certifiably nuts. DDR and cosplay you say? I must dig up one me in my EGL during a tourney.

Lucifer
07-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Taco Bell? That sounds pretty good right now. Anyways, back to being semi-on topic.
Does everyone know what costumes they are going to be wearing or at least have any idea.

I'll be going for only Saturday and Sunday (damn work). Tentative list is:

Saturday - Dante (Devil May Cry), Cosplay Contest Mystery
Sunday - Dracula (Van Helsing) [tentative, depending on of I finish something else]

Ciarathallya
07-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Friday: Dragon Pink
Friday Evening: undecided Bemani character
Saturday: Ragnarok character
Sunday: another undecided Bemani character

WolfwoodSC
07-28-2004, 11:35 AM
nothing friday... im going though
saturday will be Shino from Naruto
sunday will be Amarao from FLCL

SuthrnBelleChan
07-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Lyn if only i'd known about your Dracula i would've tried a bit harder to finish Anna or Marishka (both are on the cutting floor) Dag yo.

Neways, this should be my schedule

Friday - Count D (i need pets >.< poeple be my pets pweez)
Saturday - Gun Mage Rikku and Integral
Sunday - not sure yet

AshleyV
07-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Lyn if only i'd known about your Dracula i would've tried a bit harder to finish Anna or Marishka (both are on the cutting floor) Dag yo.

Sunday - not sure yet

I'll be one of the pets! I've been wanting to make a costume from there anyways. As to what costumes I am taking this is just a general idea that will most likely change.

Friday-unsure yet
Saturday-Seras Victoria, Shadowlady
Sunday-Sandra (? either sunday or Friday)

Possibilties are Female student from Bible Black, Ginger from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar, EGL outfit

Lucifer
07-28-2004, 12:47 PM

Sunday - not sure yet

God lord, I'm the biggest moron on the planet! I thought I was posting in the AFO thread, not the AWA thread X_x;

See this is what happens when you don't sleep and get on the internet instead.

Ok, AWA I will be at all three days, and here is the actual schedule:

Friday - Marishka (and or Dracula) [Van Helsing]
Saturday - Unknown [Kingdom Hearts 2]
Sunday - Yaten Kou [Sailor Moon Stars]

I'm going to have my Dracula costume around for a long while, fully intending on eventually making the Masq cape of course. :D

Aleathia Burns
07-28-2004, 02:30 PM
:sulk: Hmm... lets me see my costume schedule

:untrust: Friday: For the love of god I wish I could go!!! Darn job oh well got to put food on the table!!! :eeek:

:rockon: Saturday: White Mage Yuna,
Costume Contest: still pending hmm maybe Guacomole costume :sulk: hmmm... nah!!

Sunday: LuLu & her crazy cosplaying Cabbage Patches.

isamu85
07-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Here's my schedule so far...
Friday: Probably myself since I'll get there a bit late :crylaugh:
(maybe Haru from Rave Master or origninal gothic cosplay)

Saturday: Baralai from Final Fantasy X-2! :thumbsup:

Sunday: Piro from Megatokyo

Can't wait to see you guys there! :rockon: :jjacks:

nebbie
07-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm backtracking a bit here...but about the weapon's policy, someone asked if staffs/staves are okay. They ARE NOT. I was Yuna in 2002, and I was told that I couldn't carry my staff by a staff member, not hotel staff. Like I'm going to impale someone with a flimsy pvc pipe with a foamboard top?

Here's your best bet: when in doubt, don't even bother making it. I've seen people get pulled aside for carrying dollar store plastic swords that break when you touch them wrong, but then last year I saw someone carrying a large staff freely around the dealer's room--one actually made of wood (and I got accosted for my plastic one???). It's weird.

This is exactly why I don't even bother to make props anymore!

And I heard the backstory as to why there aren't skits anymore...from what I heard, I quite agree with there being none.

Wing
07-29-2004, 12:58 AM
On the weapon rules, hotel you can carry fake swords, real swords must always be covered, weapons, like staffs to a pendagger you cannot take into Artroom or Dealers room, I talked to Jason about this, he said as long as it isn't a fake looking gun you wont get pulled over and have it taken away, they don't want you to carry fake guns, becuase there will be real cops with real guns and if they think thats a real gun and you don't drop it, they'll shoot you, the other rule is no weapons can be put into that gov owned side of the con, if you have to use a staff as a walking type item, like if you have back or leg problems, you can take them into dealers room/gov area of the con, just tell the staffers, they don't want you to have whips becuase they can get undone and you turn fast its, really going to hurt someone, same with loose chains, Jason also told me that if I were to carry around my 7 foot 5 inch sword (Foam) it would be fine as long as I did't take it where the staff said I couldn't or hit someone, the best bet, is NOT to take big items like Inuyasha's sword to a con, you turn, hit someone and they tell on you, you wont be able to return to the con for rest of it, and prob the next one

Aleathia Burns
07-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Shoot I still hope I can take my Staff for my White Mage costume, but I think I can carry it outside and take pictrues with it and just put it away aftewards. I'm sure they can let us bring props just outside though.

AshleyV
07-29-2004, 10:35 AM
All of this talk about props is making me wonder if (after I make it) should bring Seras Halconnen to AWA. If I did it would only be for outside pictures and such but if it is going to be too much trouble I may just leave it at my apartment.

Ciarathallya
07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
when in doubt ask the staff. I know I have. Over an over and over. Sometimes the same question. hehehe

WolfwoodSC
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
they will probably take it away from u like they did the guy dressed as Kanedia

(if i cant spell the guy from Akira)

PretearWink
07-31-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm probably going to head up to AWA this year to hang out with some old friends and meet up with some new ones X3 As for costumes, I'm most likely wearing AC Tifa with a friend's AC Cloud one day, damaged Rei with another friend's Kowaru, Utada Hikaru's concert outfit whenever I just wanna be comfy, and debut a special one X3 All of this is subject to change since somehow I always get it in my head to drop something and make something completely random a week ahead of time ^^;

Aleathia Burns
08-01-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm probably going to head up to AWA this year to hang out with some old friends and meet up with some new ones X3 As for costumes, I'm most likely wearing AC Tifa with a friend's AC Cloud one day, damaged Rei with another friend's Kowaru, Utada Hikaru's concert outfit whenever I just wanna be comfy, and debut a special one X3 All of this is subject to change since somehow I always get it in my head to drop something and make something completely random a week ahead of time ^^;
I love AC Tifa;s costume I can't wait to see it!!! :rockon:

RamenNoodles
08-01-2004, 11:40 PM
I have been going to AWA since 1998, so of course I'm going to go! Even though I wasn't exactly thrilled with it last year because of the hotel prices and other non-related events, I decided that I'd go ahead and go on Friday and Saturday. I live within a twenty-minute driving distance anyway, so it's not like it's out of my way or anything. ^-^

I plan on finishing my generic Juuban School Uniform and wearing it on Friday (even though I'm not sure how long I'll be there), and Quistis Trepe's SeeD Uniform from FFVIII on Saturday (I plan to be there all day!). I can't wait to see all my friends there! :heart: :heart:

WolfwoodSC
08-04-2004, 10:54 AM
ordered my shino costume yesterday so i cant be in the costume contest......... :sulk:

fairel
08-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, although I look forward to going to AWA each year it's not usually the convention itself that I enjoy, it's the great people I meet there each year, and that I can't wait to see again. (and I don't mean the con staff or the hotel staff ::frowny face:: )
The costume contest went a lot better last year and I really liked the anouncer, so I hope it goes off with a bang again this year.

Ok I think I got my costumes straight now.

Friday- Spatula Ninja
Amano Celes (::crosses fingers:: hope it will be finished)
Moogle

Saturday- Amano Rosa from Final Fantasy IV/II

Sunday- Spatula Ninja
Amano Edgar Final Fantasy VI/3

scandia
08-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Woohoo, I'll get to see your fantastically beautiful Rosa IRL. I'll take pics of it. I love Rosa and your costume.

Yes minna, my new job's schedule WILL permit me to go to AWA. I already informed them that I needed that Saturday off (it would be T-W-R and S usually), so I'll make it up the Sunday before.

I'll wear the 3 best costumes of the year. Not completely sure on which days. Depends on whether there are spare tickets to the ball or not.

WolfwoodSC
08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
has some one made a list of people that are coming to awa this year?

I dont have time to make one or i would...

SuthrnBelleChan
08-06-2004, 05:30 PM
i'll be there with my Hellsing group ^_^ I htink i've already said that teehee, i'll have a buttload of costumes this year yay! Here's my FINALIZED list of costumes and possible days:

Friday:
Cleric Woman - Equilibrium
Count D - Petshop of Horrors

Saturday:
Gun Mage Rikku - FFX-2
Integral - Hellsing

Sunday:
No confirmed costumes yet

SuthrnBelleChan
08-06-2004, 05:43 PM
God lord, I'm the biggest moron on the planet! I thought I was posting in the AFO thread, not the AWA thread X_x;

See this is what happens when you don't sleep and get on the internet instead.

Ok, AWA I will be at all three days, and here is the actual schedule:

Friday - Marishka (and or Dracula) [Van Helsing]
Saturday - Unknown [Kingdom Hearts 2]
Sunday - Yaten Kou [Sailor Moon Stars]

I'm going to have my Dracula costume around for a long while, fully intending on eventually making the Masq cape of course. :D

d00d if u are really gonna do the Masq outfit i may just have to get back to work on my Anna Masq gown. I have her patterns just cna't find the right fabric. We would be Teh Sex if we wore those hehe, oh! and even MROE ironic! Participate in the Masquerade at one con! LOL

NEWAYZ back on topic lol Yes Ash! Be a pet!

As far as weapons go. Are the allowed during the costume contest? Cuz we'll be Hellsing, and ya know, just about EVERYONE has a weapon on that show.

Aleathia Burns
08-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey I wonder if they would let us hold signs at the costume contest. Hmmm I better do more reseach. :sulk: :cool:

Aleathia Burns
08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
O.k just got off the AWA Forums and now I know why they are banning some signs. Any form of soliciting signs, and "Hug" me "Kiss me signs" are banned. I wanted to bring a sign to go with my Wedding Day Yuna costume that read " Seymour Sucks" but I am sure the staff is understanding, so guys if you know anyone who plans on bringing any soliciting signs warn them or they may get there signs taken away.

Ciarathallya
08-06-2004, 08:51 PM
No signs period. Because something can be stretched and added. You know each person's version of "what is right" can vary. Also something about the sign litter too. They'd prolly let you do it during the costume fashion showing though.

Aleathia Burns
08-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I hope so cuz I also was gonna put something on the back of it like." I wish I could Summon A Divorce" but I guess I could do this for Dragon Con instead cuz I am getting the feeling that sign people are getting less popular and I don;t want that to happen cuz the ones who do not have solicit signs make the convention fun to go to and they give me a good laugh.

Ciarathallya
08-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Good news. I asked and it's a case by case thing. And only during the costume contest.

Aleathia Burns
08-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes!!!!! Thanks alot that sounds cool. Now I must ponder how big this signs gonna be and how am I gonna carry it with a long train and some annoying wings hmmm, oh well back to the drawing board!!!

PretearWink
08-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey Lauren X3 It's too bad I couldn't see ya at Otakon, but I can't wait to catch up at AWA X3 As for the weapons at the costume contest thing, last year they allowed my Esper Terra onstage with a real metal sword, so if policy hasn't changed then I suppose weapons are allowed^_^

Aleathia Burns
08-08-2004, 02:33 PM
:jjacks: I love the esper Terra costume it was creative and I am glad that the Final Fantsy 6 got best video game!!! I always wanted to see how her esper form would look if it was cosplayed!!!! Great Job. :bigtu:

PretearWink
08-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Aww thank you so very much! X3 Actually, we won best manga... to the surprise of just about everyone o.O I suppose they figured since we cosplayed strictly Amano designs it was more of an 'art' cosplay than a videogame cosplay X3

Aleathia Burns
08-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I wanna try and do an Amano version!!!! I love his artwork and I was surprised at how you guys did a cosplay version of his work. His work was definitly brought to life.

Masami
08-08-2004, 10:21 PM
My group and I are attending AWA again.. have been since 1998 =) it's a local con.. so what the heck!

Costumes we're bringing - Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur 2 crew and prob. Aba. Princess or something... dunno ><

Do you guys want to have a cosplay.com meet up? Like on Saturday around the main lobby? I know they had a big shot of all the costumers.. but I thought something more personal would be nice. =)

Ciarathallya
08-09-2004, 04:50 AM
I can't. I'll be in line round 11ish and then in prejuding after that for a while. Maybe afterwards.

Aleathia Burns
08-09-2004, 06:52 PM
My group and I are attending AWA again.. have been since 1998 =) it's a local con.. so what the heck!

Costumes we're bringing - Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur 2 crew and prob. Aba. Princess or something... dunno ><

Do you guys want to have a cosplay.com meet up? Like on Saturday around the main lobby? I know they had a big shot of all the costumers.. but I thought something more personal would be nice. =)

Hey that sounds like fun I'm in!!!! We can make it into a photoshoot and hang out. :jjacks: We can make a sign or a banner with the Cosplay.com Logo and have all the members of Cosplay.com take a pictrue. It can be good advertisement as well. :cool:

Toastersix
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow, I haven't posted on my own board in a while. XD;;;

Ok so... I'm not sure if I'm going for the whole weekend or just for Saturday to AWA. I know I'll probably be dressed either as Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket or Sailor Star Healer. (aka Yaten Kou)

Preaterwink: I saw you last year as esper! You were lovely!!! I noticed that part of my Ranma 1/2 group was in the background of one of your pictures. (Gomen. x_x)

I was the short Ranma-Chan. ^_^;;;

SuthrnBelleChan
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey Lauren X3 It's too bad I couldn't see ya at Otakon, but I can't wait to catch up at AWA X3 As for the weapons at the costume contest thing, last year they allowed my Esper Terra onstage with a real metal sword, so if policy hasn't changed then I suppose weapons are allowed^_^

Elle-chan! I missed you at Otakon *tear* I know we have so much to catch up on at AWA! Who are you rooming with?

BTW

As far as cosplay contest weapons go for our hellsing group we're allowed to have Alexander's blades, and the Nun's Katana, howveer Alucards guns (even though they're made of resin), My integral gun (with an orange tip on it) and Seras's Halcannon are not allowed in any shape form or fashion.

The contest is closed private judging, however the weapons are still not allowed

SuthrnBelleChan
08-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Oh Also, i posted this in wanted cosplayers but this seems more appropiate...

We're putting together the biggets Hellsing group for the AWA Cospaly Contest that we can. Here's our group so far...

Alucard
Integral
Seras
Alexander
Jan Valentine
Yumi (Nun from Iscariot)

We're currently seeking:
Heinkel Wolfe (from Iscariot)
Luke Valentine (Jan's brother)
WALTER!!!
and
As many Hellsing soldiers as we can get

This is a high calibur cosplay group and we intend on entering into the Journeyman division. I hate sounding rude about this, but please only serious and nicely done costumes need apply. The bulk of hte costumes are beign done by me (integral) and our seras. Your costume can be made for you (minus the soldiers) if need be. Please reply soon

If you have any other characters u wanna add let me know who else you think we need

chai_fiend
08-10-2004, 10:29 AM
do they do tickets "at the door?"

Lucifer
08-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Alucard
Integral
Seras
Walter(he's still a maybe)
Alexander
Jan Valentine
Nun from Iscariot (They're in the Manga)

We're currently seeking:
The other Lady from Iscariot (Manga)
Luke Valentine (Jan's brother)
and
As many Hellsing soldiers as we can get

Just wanted to help. The Nun's name is Yumiko (or Yumi), and the female priest is Heinkel Wolfe. I would love to re-do my Heinkel and join you, but I just got suckered into a Dark Kingdom group from the Sailor Moon Live Action, and I'm probably entering into the contest with it. x___x;

Don't forget Rip Van Winkle and Scholdenger from Millenium (Nazi party) in the Hellsing manga. They are great characters.

Toastersix
08-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Just wanted to help. The Nun's name is Yumiko (or Yumi), and the female priest is Heinkel Wolfe. I would love to re-do my Heinkel and join you, but I just got suckered into a Dark Kingdom group from the Sailor Moon Live Action, and I'm probably entering into the contest with it. x___x;

Don't forget Rip Van Winkle and Scholdenger from Millenium (Nazi party) in the Hellsing manga. They are great characters.

PGSM DARK KINGDOM??? *_* That includes the Shintennou, I'm hoping.

If someone is going as Zoicite, I'm going to have to steal a hug from them!! (PGSM Zoicite is awesome. He my favourite. *_*)

Actually, though, I was thinking about going as PGSM Sailor Moon. Maybe I should after all... ^^

Lucifer, you were the Satsuki in the X group at Otakon, weren't you? I was the Arashi. ^_^

evenstar1
08-10-2004, 01:37 PM
i'll be going, but i wont be getting there till friday afternoon...(stupid college classes) anyways i'll be with a group and on friday we will be doing yami no matsuei/friday night yami no matsuei pj party. i'll be as Muraki from yami, OVA kenshin(sat. morning), InuYasha(sat. afternoon), and Kougaiji from saiyuki reload(sunday).

fairel
08-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Aww thank you so very much! X3 Actually, we won best manga... to the surprise of just about everyone o.O I suppose they figured since we cosplayed strictly Amano designs it was more of an 'art' cosplay than a videogame cosplay X3

Man I can't wait to see what you've cooked up this year for cosplay! A suprise Amano costume??

As you know I am bringing my FFIV costume for the small group I am trying to pull together.

If Anna can finish the Rydia costume she is working on (which looks like it's gonna be awesome ) and if she can get a ride to AWA this year either from me or someone in her area, we will have a Rosa, Rydia, Kain, and hopefully an Edge. We are sad we won't be cosplaying with yah this year.. :( But it will be great seeing you again. Is Matty coming?

PretearWink
08-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Tasukichan-- Thank you! =^_^= LOL, it's no problem X3 You made a good Ranma X3

Lauren-chan-- I'm rooming with M and Matty at least, I dunno who else yet X3 I can't wait to see your Hellsing group o_o I bet it's gonna be incredible o_o

Fairel-- Aiya, I'm so glad to hear you're all coming! Your amano costumes are beyond gorgeous! I really hope Anna can make it ;_; I wish I could cosplay with ya guys too ;.; Yes, Matty is gonna be there with bells on stealing the show like always X3 As for my costumes, nah, I've been getting killed with work and might only be able to make one new costume before I go, and not even the special one I wanted to finish ;.; I'll just stand in the background and let the photographers know to not crowd you guys in too much X3

AWA is gonna be so much fun! I can't wait to see all of you there, it's been too long ;.;

Flowery
08-11-2004, 03:28 PM

Aleathia Burns
08-11-2004, 10:54 PM
You got that right I still can not belive that Dragon Con and AWA are on the same month!!! I got my early Birthday Present!!!!!! Oh yeah!!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Alrighty Elle-chan! I gotta finalize hotel room plans >.< I dun wanna have to walk as far as we did last year lol. Our Hellsing group really is gonna rock cuz i'm wanting people that really look like the characters. Feel free to join teehee. I just need two more poeple (and someone to be Walter that looks like him) and we'll be all set ^_^

PretearWink
08-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Flowery-- Yep yep, bringing AC Tifa X3

Lauren-chan-- Matty told me he's bringing along 2 more of his friends to room with us...and he told me because I guess he assumes I already booked the room...eheh...heh...eh...^^; Last year wasn't too bad, but it was a bit too far X3 As for Hellsing, I only saw maybe 3 episodes of that but it was really cool, PM me with a pic of someone you think I could pull off and I might be able to do it X3

SuthrnBelleChan
08-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Flowery-- Yep yep, bringing AC Tifa X3

Lauren-chan-- Matty told me he's bringing along 2 more of his friends to room with us...and he told me because I guess he assumes I already booked the room...eheh...heh...eh...^^; Last year wasn't too bad, but it was a bit too far X3 As for Hellsing, I only saw maybe 3 episodes of that but it was really cool, PM me with a pic of someone you think I could pull off and I might be able to do it X3

Alrighty, i think you'd be a fun Heinkel Wolfe (i'll send u a pic) think we may be able to talk matt into being Walter?? hehe

SuthrnBelleChan
08-16-2004, 01:06 AM
we gots ourselves a walter i do believe so yay! But yeh you'd make an awesome heinkel Wolfe. here's some pics of her:(she's got short hair)

http://www.boukenshin.net/hellsing/iscariot/iscariot29.jpg
http://www.boukenshin.net/hellsing/iscariot/iscariot04.jpg
http://www.boukenshin.net/hellsing/iscariot/iscariot20.jpg

SuthrnBelleChan
08-16-2004, 12:02 PM
As an attempt to get the word out there about us as serious craftsman i think a cosplayer documentary is in order. Everyone prepare some stories for us(not too long) and some fun antics. I am finalizing plans to have the camera to begin some filming at AWA. And we'll ask you like how many cosutmes have you done, what's the longest a costume has taken you, how long did the costume you are wearing(if your wearing one) take, and most importantly why do you cosplay?

I will not have time for everyone, so please sign up now. There will be spontaneous ones but if you deifnately want a spot on camera i have 10 slots available...

So please comment to sign up now for you definate slot. Those who recieve a spot will also get a PM with my cellphone number and you are to reply with yours. This is how we will meet up to do our interview.

Spaces available:

I look forward to seeing all of you!

Toastersix
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Well, it's kinda late in the game for this, but how about a big cosplay.com picture sometime during the day on Saturday or Friday night?

I figure we could all take the picture in the lobby area. (Y'know... right in frount of the elevators.)

Usually, the CC shoots are at 1:00 or 2:00 on Saturday.

So, how about 1:30 on Saturday?

I, myself, don't care since I don't have plans for Friday or Saturday. It's all up to you guys! :bigtu:

Masami
08-17-2004, 11:02 PM
1:30 sounds good.. the only problem is I don't know when the pre-judging is for the costume contest... Although, after LAST year's contest, I'm not sure I want to enter AWA's contest =I

We'll just say 1:30 write now.. and we can be semi-flexable with it ^_^

Ciarathallya
08-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Noon to 3 I believe.

evenstar1
08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
hey, southrnbellechan. i really enjoyed being interviewed at otakon and helping you round up all the lost people you couldn't find. if you need any help with the same round up feel free to call on me.hehe. i'll probably be in the kenshin costume again on sat. because i want to put it in the contest. anyways a 1:30 photo shoot sounds good to me.^-^ can't wait.

Ayane_Eiketsu
08-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Count me and my friends in for the photoshoot also! :dance:

Toastersix
08-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm glad lots of people are up for it!

That being the case, I'll print up a big cosplay.com banner that we can hold. ^_^ (My step mom is a graphic artist and can print big banners for free for me)

So, we'll all meet at 1:30 in frount of the elevators unless the cosplay judging is then... in which case we could meet at 3:45 if it's ending at 3:00. (I'm sure some people would want a small break between, ne?)

I'll definetly be Dark Sailor Mercury all weeked from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. (Or, if I don't finish in time, then I'll be Sailor Neptune all weekend.) Either way, I'll have a cosplay.com logo and my user info on the back of my badge and possibly a purple ribbon on my bag.

I can't wait to see everyone!

~Tasukichan

Lucifer
08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm in, definitely. I'll be Nephrite from the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Least if I finish the costume >.>;

Masami
08-19-2004, 02:45 PM
3:45 sounds better.. IF the costume contest judging is from 12-3.. and if it is like last year.. we'll be there a while -__-

Either 3:45, or maybe 11am? Which would you guys like better? I know a lot of costumers compete, so it'd be better to work around the costume contest so we can have the max. amount of people in the cosp.com shoot ^__^

Toastersix
08-19-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm in, definitely. I'll be Nephrite from the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Least if I finish the costume >.>;

Nephikichi-kun! XD I have ultimately decided that I'm going as Sailor Moon with Bailey(Princess Hinoto from Otakon) as Sailor Venus.

Maybe we could get some battle shots? ^_^

And 11 AM sounds fine to me! I don't want the costuming to conflict with the CC shoot! :thumbsup: You never know how much the judging might run over, so we may want to do 11 just to be sure everyone can make it.

JasonMerrill
08-19-2004, 04:18 PM
In a nutshell:

Cobb Galleria Convention Center (Dealers Room & Art show)
No weapons at all. Staves only if needed for walking.

Waverly Hotel (All other Con activities)
No Whips, Loose Chains, or Firearms (pistols, rifles, etc) of any kind.

Staves are fine, Swords are fine. Just be mindful of where you are and what is around you. If you do end up hitting anyone and they complain, we will ask you to put the props away. Just use your common sense.

Costume Contest Schedule (as I know it 2004.08.19)

Saturday:
Judging 12 to 3pm
Contest 8 to 10 pm

Sunday:
Winners panel 11am

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me directly. I try to check here, but I have to concentrate on the AWA forums at http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/.

Jason

Jason R. Merrill, AWA Cosplay Director
Sept. 24-26, 2004 Waverly Hotel/Cobb Galleria
http://www.awa-con.com/costume.htm
cosplay@awa-con.com or awa@jasonmerrill.com

Lucifer
08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Nephikichi-kun! XD I have ultimately decided that I'm going as Sailor Moon with Bailey(Princess Hinoto from Otakon) as Sailor Venus.

Maybe we could get some battle shots? ^_^

Sounds good to me :D

PeregrineRose
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
It's about time I joined in this thread I guess. I'll be going as Luna from Lunar this year. It's going to be my first cosplay. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all.

scandia
08-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, I told my immediate supervisor about having the 25th off for AWA (did not give her details about the nature of the event) when I first made my schedule, and she said it would be fine. I told her supervisor today (my boss has been in the hospital all week), and she said it was fine. I let them know I had it planned since March. I don't think I will be requesting any other Saturdays off for cons for a very long long time. But AWA is the best con I attend every year, so there was no way I would miss it.

I will try to stay for the Sunday as well, since I don't work that job or have class on Mondays. My final costume schedule will probably be this:

Friday- Zelda from Ocarina of Time
Saturday- Sara from Lament of Innocence
Sunday- Rinoa from FF8

and I will probably bring Ellone as well if I need to change out of a fancier costume to go out to eat or the sort.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Jason jsut said the pre-judging is at 12-3, so can we bump the gathering to about... 10? Is everyone up that early? lol I'll probably have Integral on then for the contest, then for the rest of the day, after the contest i'll probably slip into Count D cuz Integral can get rather uncomfy lol

Aleathia Burns
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Man judging starts a 12 -3 I better get to this con early!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-21-2004, 12:01 AM
i jsut gotta wake up adn get DRESSED this early lol

Aleathia Burns
08-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah I was gonna do a double day Cosplay but I guess I have to wear one costume all day. Oh well at least the judging is early and it gives everyone a break. I am so excited especaly since we get two cons in one month. Man I am glad I made my costumes 6 months ahead of time!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeh i was hoping to make it a double day too. Cuz Integral can be not the most fun of costumes to wear (like at otakon "I'm melting!!") my b/f won't care he loves his alexander costume lol i need to redo my wig too, darn integral for having friggen sephiroth bangs lol

Ciarathallya
08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm saving doubles for Friday.

Toastersix
08-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Alright well let's get this in stone:

Do will all agree on 11 AM? (I, personally, know that I won't be ready by 10 AM because Aerith takes... alot of time to prep. Her and her evil bangs. x_x)

SuthrnBelleChan
08-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Wait a sec, don't we have to line up and reg for the contest? So wouldn't it be easier for us to do it after the pre-judging?

SuthrnBelleChan
08-21-2004, 08:45 PM
BTW Ellie! Matty's joined us too, you two make our final peices! w00t! we're soooooo gonna be teh sex! If you need *any* help with Heinkel let me know i will gladly help in any way that i can. You're gonna be so pretty ^_^ready to go for yet another AWA cosplay award? lol

Lucifer
08-22-2004, 09:02 PM
BTW Ellie! Matty's joined us too, you two make our final peices! w00t! we're soooooo gonna be teh sex! If you need *any* help with Heinkel let me know i will gladly help in any way that i can. You're gonna be so pretty ^_^ready to go for yet another AWA cosplay award? lol

I look forward to seeing your group, especially Heinkel as she is my favorite.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Heinkel rocks face, i wish you could've joined us *tear* oh well hehe Lyn-chan we so gotta do Masquerade Dracula and Anna for a con next year ehhe we'd be soo hawt hehe.

Our cosplay group is shaping up so nicely. I honestly think we'll stand a pretty good chance for some kind of award this year. I love that there are 9 of us lol. I'm having to type onto the reg form lol

Toastersix
08-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Ok, so did we decide on 10? xD;

I'll have to wake up extra early to get ready and all. (Which shouldn't be a problem because, I mean, who SLEEPS at cons? xD)

And still want me to make a CC banner? ^^

WOAH. AWA is a month away and I've yet to start on Sailor Moon. I better get on the ball. xD;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Wing
08-24-2004, 10:56 AM
There talkin about getting all the cosplayers and walking thru the mall just to see everyones look on there face for the "Short o......m..........g........." It sounds like great fun, just to go into a mall in cosplay will stop the people, no matter what, hah, wonder if the mall has an anime store o_O'

SuthrnBelleChan
08-24-2004, 02:21 PM
went through the mall last year in cosplay, kinda couldn't help it, that's where our hotel was.

But shouldn't the photoshoot beafter pre-judging? cuz we gotta lineup to register before prejudging

Wolf_Angel
08-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh I'm gonna be at AWA!!! Look for me in my sexy vash friday night, Moonlight Flower on Saturday with my totally awesome Ragnarok Online group!!!!!!!!!!, probably my Armitage late saturday night for photos with an old friend, then Blue Mary on sunday! Cant wait to see yall there!!! 30 days!!!

Love,
Armitage

SuthrnBelleChan
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
OMG only 30 days? *freaks out* I sitll got costumes to finish >.< Gun Mage Rikku hopefulyl will be done, if not she'll take a backseat till next year, maybe at MTAC

Toastersix
08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
But shouldn't the photoshoot beafter pre-judging? cuz we gotta lineup to register before prejudging

How early do you line up? o.0;

Then again, I wouldn't know since I've never entered the masq. :thumbsup:

I guess it'll be at 3:45 then, yes?

Tsumi
08-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Deleted x3

SuthrnBelleChan
08-24-2004, 11:34 PM
3:45 sounds like a nice time, i dunnow hen you start lining up but i'm pretty sure it's early and my group's big, we need a definate slot. 3:45 is a ncie time because that's about when we all will get out and we'll have time in case the shoot takes a while. I remember my hellsing group at AWA we were just going to do a quick shoot we ended being htere for like over an hour it was so crazy

SuthrnBelleChan
08-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Ok we've lost our Luke Valentine >.< Doe snayone knwo ANYONE that would be interested, i will comission this cosutme for you (or whoever is up for cosplaying him) for a VERY LOW price.

WolfwoodSC
08-29-2004, 10:20 PM
3:45 is good for my group

Got my tickets yesterday!!!!!!!!!...........finally

SuthrnBelleChan
08-30-2004, 02:24 PM
yeh 3:45 is good, my b/f will be at his DDR tourney so i need something to do lol

STILL NEED A LUKE VALENTINE! WILL COMISSION FOR VERY LOW PRICE

AshleyV
08-30-2004, 03:17 PM
3:45 sounds good to me. Lauren you ill probably have to remind me though, but what am I thinking. I'll be with you at the time so just as long as you remmber it's all good.

How is everyone's costumes coming along?

Toastersix
08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Aerith is coming along. ^^;

Sailor Moon, sadly, is not. xD

I've yet to start.. but I swear it'll be done by AWA! XD

Velvy
08-31-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm going. Anyone cosplaying FFIX, let me know. We should get together for group pictures (I wouldn't like it if I missed you ^_~). I'd like to start a gathering, but I feel it's too late for that. XD

SuthrnBelleChan
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Aww yeh Gun Mage Rikku tok a back burner for me to complete everyone else costumes hehe

AshleyV
08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
No Gun Mage Rikku? Does this mean I don't have to bust my butt trying to re-fix my Gun Mage Yuna? On another note, at the rate I'm going I will have everything finished in time for AWA.

Kagato
09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
I'll be at AWA this year.

Won't be Cosplaying, but I'll have my Camera with me. I go mainly for all the AMV events.

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Nono ash-chan i *will* haev GUn Mage Rikku lol i just gotta bust my butt a bit harder

Aleathia Burns
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey please have Gunmage Rikku and Gun mage Yuna cuz I am coming as White Mage Yuna. Hey we need a Paine!!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
hehe yesh we do ^_^ i bet we can find one ^_^

Ciarathallya
09-03-2004, 09:11 AM
OMG :reverse: Lauren AND Alethia at the same place at the same time. Dear gawd the coming of the end of the world. I think I'm going to hide under a rock. A very big rock. No I'll use Matt as a human shield.

Lucifer
09-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Is anyone planning to cosplay from Sailor Moon on Friday? I've yet again changed my schedule, and for part of the day will be wearing manga version Zoisite.

Wow, I just realised I'll be wearing Sailor Moon character costumes all weekend. Yay for being a moonie. :)

Lu

Aleathia Burns
09-03-2004, 09:33 PM
OMG :reverse: Lauren AND Alethia at the same place at the same time. Dear gawd the coming of the end of the world. I think I'm going to hide under a rock. A very big rock. No I'll use Matt as a human shield.

Yes child...ooohhh yes prepare yourself. Prepare yourself for your doooooooom!!! :cool:

I just love typing, anyway I am currently at Dragon Con and I will chat with you guys later. I just hope I have enough energy for A.W.A afterwards. Evil energy that is mwahahahhahahahhahha!!!! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Ciarathallya
09-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Thankfully I am not there. Lauren is though. I don't think I have enough energy to survive ya'll at two cons this year. I think Ashley will be the most sane person out of all of ya'll went you FF chicks meet up. I'm bringing holy water just in case.

AshleyV
09-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Thankfully I am not there. Lauren is though. I don't think I have enough energy to survive ya'll at two cons this year. I think Ashley will be the most sane person out of all of ya'll went you FF chicks meet up. I'm bringing holy water just in case.

Me? Sane? Probably when it comes to something like that. I guess we will just have to see, but it's not definate that I'll bring Dark Gunner Yuna with me. It all depends on if I have time to take it in. Dang me and losing weight!

Ciarathallya
09-04-2004, 09:55 AM
*adds a straight jacket for Ashely on the shopping* Saturday will be random moments of insanity. I may not survive through the day.

PinkCow
09-04-2004, 02:57 PM
I'll be at AWA! I'm part of a small One Piece group, as well as a Kiki's Delivery Service group, and I'm also going sweet Lolita one day. Only like twenty days away!

livvylove
09-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I don't have time to sew my own costume now :(

I really wanted to dress up but because of school and me procrastinating I won't have a single costume to wear. But I am excited because it will be my first convention. I will only be up there on saturday though.

I will be taking tons of pictures with my digital camera ::hugs my 256 mb card::

Unless you guys can suggest a quick couples cosplay that we could do that would look good(no half ass stuff) that would require no wigs. We both have black hair. Mine is a little past my shoulders and his is kinda like ryoga's but a little shorter and not as fluffy.

I doubt we will have a costume but oh well it is our fault. :(

Ciarathallya
09-04-2004, 05:23 PM
I hate to advocate this but... Narato (sp?) Real easy to do.

Queen Anime 99
09-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Um One Piece. Since your friend has short hair, he can be Monkey D. Ruffy and, if you dye your hair, you can be Rura (I think that's her name. She has orange hair).
Fake. Dee Laeytner (sp?) has short black hair and policer officer Diana Spacey has long blonde hair.
Cased Closed/Conan the Detective. Conan Edogawa has short black hair, and Rachel/Ran has long dark brown hair.
I don't know of two characters from the same show that have black hair and easy-to-make outfits. I'm tired now, so I can't think that well. ^-^ E-mail me later for some more suggestions.

tsukinohime3
09-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I'M GOING!! WOO HOO!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!!! My second con! :jjacks:

hopefully my fuku will be done this time, and if so, I'll be regular Sailor Moon with my Moonlight Knight!! :love: *sigh* Nathan-sama.

-Beth

PinkCow
09-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Heehee, if anyone cosplays One Piece they should be on the lookout for the Usopp Story Arc group!! *points to self and non-visible other group members* Eighteen days to go! ...I gotta get sewing. o.O

Ciarathallya
09-06-2004, 01:23 PM
18 days???? I'll never finish my bf's costume in time. He still hasn't purchased his fabric & etc *kills over*

PinkCow
09-06-2004, 01:26 PM
My boyfriend hasn't gotten his costume done yet either, and I don't think his sister's even started on her's yet. But he does have his tux for the ball anyway.

AshleyV
09-06-2004, 02:57 PM
18 days! Holy crappers! I have got to get my butt in gear. Plus now my guy is going to be cosplaying and I have to get his outfit done as well.

livvylove
09-06-2004, 02:58 PM
I am too stressed over this school project that I don't think I will be able to figure out a costume for the both of us. We will just dress normally and take pictures of you cosplayers. Next time(if we have a good time this time) we will try to do something.

Oh yea dyeing hair is impossible for me. I messed it up last time and dye only shows up near the roots and I am finally growing out that botch job I did 2 years ago.

PinkCow
09-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Aww, yeah, I'm really suprised school hasn't interfered with my costume making. But I went to try on my Lolita dress just now and busted out the zipper! Ugh! x.x That means even MORE time sewing now to put a new zipper in. Crap.

Nightmare
09-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Yep, I'm going again this year. Just look for the Rogue in the huge Ragnarok group. Already beginning on planning for next year. Cass, you need to tell me how that plastic works out. If it's good, I may need you to order some for me as well (I will pay you for it).

-Nightmare

Aaron
09-07-2004, 01:10 AM
im tryin to talk my mom in to lettin me go[its a lil late notice i know but this could be the only good con i could get to go to this year]

evenstar1
09-07-2004, 01:11 AM
i'm going as well. my group is going as yami no matsuei...(aka..descendants of darkness). we wont be hard to miss seeing as we are going to be connected together by red ribbon. can't wait 18 days!!!!!!

makio
09-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Heehee, if anyone cosplays One Piece they should be on the lookout for the Usopp Story Arc group!! *points to self and non-visible other group members* Eighteen days to go! ...I gotta get sewing. o.O

I'm quickly trying to catch up on "One Piece" viewing/reading before the domestic version hits shores this fall(I'd seriously like to see how censored the whole Luffy vs Kuro fight might be; it was a favorite battle of mine!). Anyway, hopefully I'll get pictures of your group on Saturday! I'd bring my Captain Kuro costume and join ya'(Gotta support the Pirates! Down with ninja! :crylaugh: ), but the overcoat's far from done...

AWA-X plans:
friday... bhk (kingdom hearts 2)
saturday... baralai (final fantasy x-2), vash the stampede (trigun)*

* - if finished in time.

Wing
09-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Wow, 16-17 days left till AWA, I got my fabrics and lined up some jobs so I could make some money for dealers room, one of my female friends that was going to help me and my friend do our hair can't go, so I'll suck at putting nailpaint stuff, but anyway, my friend Nathan is gonna wear drunk vash Friday and I might wear wolfwood friday also, then Sat and Sunday I'll be wearing Itachi and he'll be wearing Kakashi, I hope we get this stuff done before the con !

-Cry-

Aleathia Burns
09-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Dragon Con has drained me of my energy ahhhh. Anyway I can wait for A.W.A and when it comes watch out!!! Anyone doing Final Fantasy 8 cosplay by chance cuz I am debating should I come as Quites or Rinoa this year.

Lucifer
09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
AWA definitely will prove to be entertaining to say the least. I can't wait. :D

Current line-up (subject to change):

Friday: Zoisite (Sailor Moon Manga), Vladislaus Dracula (Van Helsing)
Saturday: Nephrite (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon), Casual Nephrite (PGSM)
Sunday: Yaten Kou w/ Luna (Sailor Moon Stars)

PinkCow
09-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm quickly trying to catch up on "One Piece" viewing/reading before the domestic version hits shores this fall(I'd seriously like to see how censored the whole Luffy vs Kuro fight might be; it was a favorite battle of mine!). Anyway, hopefully I'll get pictures of your group on Saturday! I'd bring my Captain Kuro costume and join ya'(Gotta support the Pirates! Down with ninja! :crylaugh: ), but the overcoat's far from done...

AWA-X plans:
friday... bhk (kingdom hearts 2)
saturday... baralai (final fantasy x-2), vash the stampede (trigun)*

* - if finished in time.

Aw! We don't have a Kuro, it would be awesome if you got it done in time, but I know how that goes. I'm just lucky I have my mom to help me fix things when I break them (i.e. ZIPPERS...*ugh*), otherwise I'd never get these costumes done in time!

I'm gonna be Kaya. *big grin*

Toastersix
09-07-2004, 05:25 PM
AWA definitely will prove to be entertaining to say the least. I can't wait. :D

Current line-up (subject to change):

Friday: Zoisite (Sailor Moon Manga), Vladislaus Dracula (Van Helsing)
Saturday: Nephrite (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon), Casual Nephrite (PGSM)
Sunday: Yaten Kou w/ Luna (Sailor Moon Stars)

I can't wait to see your Nephikichi-kun!!! ^___^ Ooh! You're doing Zoicite and Yaten, too?? I want pictures with you. ^^

My current Line-Up:

Friday: Cheongsam Dress Usagi(Sailor Moon), Princess Serenity(Sailor Moon)
Saturday: Sailor Moon(PGSM), Kingdom Hearts Aerith(Kingdom Hearts)
Sunday: Wall Market Aerith(Final Fantasy VII)

Wolf_Angel
09-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Yup same for me! I cant wait! I'll be Sexy Vash from Trigun friday night, Moonlight Flower from Ragnarok online with my fantastic group! Then Blue Mary from King of Fighters on sunday! I cant wait, I'm soo close to finished with my boyfriends Rogue, and my moonie, then just alittle more work on the others and I'll be ready! I cant wait!!!

Aaron
09-07-2004, 11:50 PM
YAY!!!! I think im going to get to go yay!!! if im there ill either be in nothin at all but normal clothes or a random inuyasha wolf youkia , while being followed by a small lump of fur which shall be my lil bro cosplaying as naraku :toothy: hes gonna look so weird :rofl:

however if i dont get some help [go to general boards to help me] i wont be cosplaying :miffed: thats right no cosplay [your expresion] :eek: :mfg:

makio
09-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Thankfully, I've got a friend willing to do touch-up work on the Baralai attire, but it unfortunately won't be done by AWA. Which isn't completely bad, 'cause this allows more time to be devoted to finishing Vash in time and a day free for any extra costume to be worn/brought if needed.

...Though if anyone else has any themed groups/photoshoots for this con, post'em!

Ciarathallya
09-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Naruto, Hellsing, Final Fantasy IV & VII and Ragnarok Online. I'm sure there are more. I know Naruto is an offical con photo shoot.

Lucifer
09-08-2004, 07:14 AM
I can't wait to see your Nephikichi-kun!!! ^___^ Ooh! You're doing Zoicite and Yaten, too?? I want pictures with you. ^^

My current Line-Up:

Friday: Cheongsam Dress Usagi(Sailor Moon), Princess Serenity(Sailor Moon)
Saturday: Sailor Moon(PGSM), Kingdom Hearts Aerith(Kingdom Hearts)
Sunday: Wall Market Aerith(Final Fantasy VII)

Definitely! We so have to take battle pictures when you're Sailor Moon!!! ^_^

tsukinohime3
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
does anyone happen to know if there will be karaoke at AWA?? that's something i really want to do!!

-Beth :sunny:

Nightmare
09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm soo close to finished with my boyfriends Rogue, and my moonie, then just alittle more work on the others and I'll be ready! I cant wait!!!

Yes yes. Thank you so much for my outfit this year. ^_^ It looks great (I think that you'll agree Cass). And just think, next year, I'll be helping more with your outfit. I will most likely need your help, but I'm not sure with what yet. Probably with molding the plastic over something. But, I'll worry about that when I get back from AWA this year. Talk to everyone later.

-Nightmare

Toastersix
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Definitely! We so have to take battle pictures when you're Sailor Moon!!! ^_^

Very yes!

...even though Nephy nearly strangles and kills Sailor Moon... xD And then when I'm Princess Serenity I can use the power of the Maborushono Ginzuisho against your Zoicite! Heh! (Even though I, personally, lurve Zoi and would never ever keel him.)

And I thought I'd mention to anyone interested that there's a Kingdom Hearts group meetup on Saturday at 2 and a Final Fantasy VII group meetup at 10 AM on Sunday. ^.^

And then the CC shoot will be at 3:45? In the lobby in frount of the elevators? I just want to get everything straight. ^^;;;

I have a bad habit of being late/missing shoots. (Like the Otakon CC shoot that I couldn't FIND. ;_; )

I'll be wearing a purple ribbon on my Hellsing bag which I'll be carrying around with me which has like... 5 keychains on it. And the back of my badge will also say "TASUKICHAN" in big letters. Please talk to me if you see me! heh..

Also, I'll bring a big banner for the CC shoot if you guys want. xD

OMG 3 weeks! :o

Edit: I better get my butt in gear and start on my Sailor Moon outfit.. or otherwise I'll end up JUST being Princess Serenity!

Ciarathallya
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
I need to add bias tape to the cape and tunic...finish the coat of arms and I am done with the knight.

PinkCow
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I have everything done for all of my costumes!! ...Except...I ordered a petticoat from a petticoat website about two months ago and it -still- hasn't arrived. I am so annoyed.

Dinahsprodigy
09-08-2004, 10:13 PM
My friends and I are all going. We're making a HUGE Chobits group, and on Friday and Sunday we're splitting into smaller groups. On Friday I'm doing an original costume, and on Sunday, my friend and I are going as Bondage Fairies! Whoo!

Kevi-Sama
09-09-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm going this year hopefully in my EGL fuku i'm working on.

AshleyV
09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Well Shadowlady will not be done in time. :( I have to make my bf his Luke Valentine costume so I decided to push that back until a different con or Halloween or who knows when. I think that I may have finally settled what costumes I will be bringing with me.

Friday: either Sandra from Legend of Mana or a BR student (evening) Country Style EGL outfit
Saturday: (day/early evening) Seras Victoria from Hellsing (night) PVC Vinyl oriental style dress
Sunday: either a BR student or Country style EGL outfit

Ciarathallya
09-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Lauren should be happy to know that the weapons policy has been revised. "Prop" guns (not real guns OR non-firing prop/fake ones) are now permitted. Go to the site to read more. I'm to lazy to link it. Tired from making armor pieces. *goes back to shaping the sintra*

AshleyV
09-10-2004, 12:18 PM
That's awesome! Too bad I won't have enough time for the Hallconnen though. Oh well. I'll have it for East Meets South.

rocketx13
09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I'll be at AWA.. Most likely as Harlock and a Battle Royale Student.. I live in Atlanta so if anyone needs any help or info about the area please let me know..

--D

Ciarathallya
09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Okaaaay. Not sure how I'm gonna do this buuuut
Friday: Wolfwood (Trigun) and Shinobu (PPP 2nd Mix)
Satuday: Female Alchemist (IRO) and Sumire (Miyuki-chan in Mirrorland)
Sunday: Nanvel Burn Up W

AshleyV
09-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Okaaaay. Not sure how I'm gonna do this buuuut
Friday: Wolfwood (Trigun) and Shinobu (PPP 2nd Mix)
Satuday: Female Alchemist (IRO) and Sumire (Miyuki-chan in Mirrorland)
Sunday: Nanvel Burn Up W

You're doing Sumire! I've been working on that costume for sometime next year. I have the wig done and that's about it. I have to take pictures of you in it!

Aleathia Burns
09-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey you guys want to have a Final Fantasy cosplay photoshoot? I think it would be excellent if anyone is interested.

athena-chan
09-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm working on a PGSM Beryl at the moment.

(I've got the crown and sholder peices done so far, damn pain in the ass costume)

Sooo with so many pgsm cosplayers who wants to arange a photoshoot?

It has to be on saterday cause I'm only wearing that montrosity once and it'll be for the contest.

Lucifer
09-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm working on a PGSM Beryl at the moment.

(I've got the crown and sholder peices done so far, damn pain in the ass costume)

Sooo with so many pgsm cosplayers who wants to arange a photoshoot?

It has to be on saterday cause I'm only wearing that montrosity once and it'll be for the contest.

Yes, it does seem any DK member has hell when it comes to the PGSM verisons.

Maybe a good time would be around 4pm, that gives everyone times to be in the contest pre-juging, but before the stage presentations. We could do battle sequences, and what not.

I have no clue if the other generals will be there, or even at AWA to begin with.

Lu

SuthrnBelleChan
09-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Ash-chan, we should have tiem for a Halcannon. I think i'm about to taqke a comission, but if you pay me for materials i bet i could probably get oen together *ponders* hmm or perhaps we can talk to a seras there into letting us borrow hers? lol