PDA

View Full Version : what to do on a cosplay stage

freakyarcher
05-02-2004, 09:46 PM
i have made a lulu costume that i planned on entering in a cosplay contest. but i have encountered a problem...i don't really know what to do up there! i will be there with only one other person who is not cosplaying. but in case i find someone who wants to cosplay on stage what will my character do? lulu is quiet, serious, and magical. so will i just stand there and look pretty?

Phantomgrift
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
i have made a lulu costume that i planned on entering in a cosplay contest. but i have encountered a problem...i don't really know what to do up there! i will be there with only one other person who is not cosplaying. but in case i find someone who wants to cosplay on stage what will my character do? lulu is quiet, serious, and magical. so will i just stand there and look pretty?

If it's cosplay, look into finding someone else that you can work something out... And it can be humerous, non-related, whatever.
Heh, I once did a rather off-key bit involving Ido Daisuke, Alita and a rather hungery, arm-munching Bolt Cranshaft.

And if noone rises to the occasion... Is the cosplay a strict cosplay or part of a convention?
A lot of times there will be a "Fashion Show" used for showing off of non-skit costumes.

Sarcasm-hime
05-03-2004, 03:07 AM
If all else fails, you can just do a pretty walk-on. Get some background music that's appropriate for your character, maybe have the MC read a short introduction, walk around the stage a bit, turn, pose, make sure everyone gets a good view of the costume, then walk off. If you do it in character it can be quite nice. ^_^

Hakkuryuu
05-05-2004, 07:27 AM
em, what if you decide to do a skit? Do we follow the storyline, or can we make one up?

freakyarcher
05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
oooh! i got a cool idea for a skit! it will involve lulu and miroku...and one of us will end up with a bump on the head^o^

_Mandy_
05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I've never done the skit contest either. This thread helps soo much ^_^. I'm such a newb to cosplay still.

Tenya Muyo
05-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Glad this is helping you Mandy-chan! ^_^

Hmmmmmmm, a Miroku and Lulu fight? hehehe...... I'm likeing the sound of that already!! :bigtu: But if it doesn't come to light, just walking across the stage and looking fabulous is good too. Or maybe you could think up a sort of monolouge for Lulu. Just think of things she might say and go from there! Ah well, I'm sure you're extremly creative and will do something fabulous! Good luck! :jjacks:

_Mandy_
05-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Miroku and Lulu...I can only imagine. If I was Miroku I wouldn't mess with a black mage...especially one that wouldn't think twice about killing him. ^_^