PDA

View Full Version : *national alchemist*

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-03-2004, 07:30 PM
alright :P
i finished the botton half of the costume for the most part "including the fake philosopher stone ring and my glove(all great national alchemists have their special gloves)" i sitll have quite a bit of trimming(like threads and stuff :P
be gentle :waaaah:
http://images.cosplay.com/uploads/15185/1.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/uploads/15185/2.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/uploads/15185/3.jpg

Catpaw
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
whoa... I like it! *Luvs the ring!* Keep going!

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-03-2004, 08:32 PM
oh man, was that a heart quencher. i was soo worried it would get slaughtered up against the rocks lol. these past few minutes have been 100% pain

Aer
05-03-2004, 10:01 PM
<3 FMA cosplayers

And like you said, it still needs some trimming and such...
I just noticed when I saw the third pic that the hem, right inside of the "overskirt" thing is really thready...I guess you could call it that lol.

Just fix those little bits and you make an excellent national alchemist ^.^
I do like how you took the liberty to be different and make the ring & glove thing as well.

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah
/me points at the hem
taht part of the "tirmming" but its my first time ive ever sewn in meh life so i will allow it, but jsut this once. :P
i mainly work with metal and plastic(using a dremel w0ot). i wanna try vacuum forming tho, but my house isnt big enough lol
/me points at town house
and about my personalization, on every costuem i amke, i try to choose a world in anime and make my own character that fits itno the world. that way im not trying ot be someone and i can have fun developing my own persona.
thanks for the compliments :P from soem senior members.

Senko-chan
05-04-2004, 04:42 PM
I really really like it! You've done a completely AWESOME job so far. I like the ring as well! ^_^

Flippy
05-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh man I wish you lived on the east coast because then you could join out FMA group for AnimeNext...oh man.....anyway great costume so far.....can't wait to see the final....what did you use to make the rings?

Tenya Muyo
05-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Woohoo!! Awsome job! Like Aer said, just needs some neatening. Either than that, sugoi!! :jjacks: Please say you're going to A-kon, I must have your picture!!

*oh man, was that a heart quencher. i was soo worried it would get slaughtered up against the rocks lol. these past few minutes have been 100% pain *

*Lol* don't be so nervous. We give constructive critisim here, not bashing crap. :)

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-04-2004, 08:46 PM
well :P
i am very very proud of it
first of, you know that crayola clay stuff? yeah, thats the shiat :P
then, for the silver color, im using paint called Folk art, Metallic silver sterling(bought at michael's
then for the red, i used a red gundam marker(basically a paint marker sed for models). i thien used the thin, line tracer gundam marker to draw the alchemy symbol on(a little customizations goes a long way.
thanks for the compliments everyone
oh yeah, their will prob be like 6 ppl in this exact costume since this is the prototype for a gorup efford for AX2k4 and comicon

also, when is A-con? :P and where lol O_o
and will i be glomped at the expos, cuz i can easily make a roy out of it? :P

Lady Ava
05-05-2004, 02:21 PM
It looks amazing so far! ^__^

I love the attention to details that your taking with it. (the ring and designs) Detail is always something nice to have on the uniform. ^_^ And there is alot with the national alchemist ones. x_x

I can't wait to see the finished product! ^_^

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-05-2004, 04:18 PM
:P
/me faints at his god's words of wisdom O_o
teach me the art master ava :P

Oshi
05-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Nice job! Only complaint I would have is it's kinda hard to see any difference in thickness between the top part of the trim, and the bottom part (should be thinner), as well as not much contrast between the two parts; buut, minor detail, could be caused by camera angle and flash ^^
*shot for being that bad of a detail whore* XD

But, the ring and glove, I REALLY like. Especially the ring. Liek w0w. And the watch looks to be very detailed, could you post a closeup pic of that? Very impressive for just using Model Magic!

And yes. You will be glomped. Here's my proof: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=124275
And yes, that's my Roy/uniform :X Which is purposfully darker than the uniform should be, to give a personal taste to it ^^;

DarkindDreamer
05-06-2004, 02:20 AM
pretty fuckin awesoem for a first time sewing job. yea, i agree the white strip should be thinner towards the bottom, but i doubt anyone will really take notice too it unless you ask someone to critique it.. heh.. might wanna do a tight zigg wag stitch to the inside seams then trim the remaining threads and fabirc, works as serging without the pricy machine. that would clean it up real tight.

the fuckin ring ROCKS tho..eeeEEE

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
:P yeah, i tried using a thinner piece of silver on the bottom, but it just didnt look as good to me :P so i liked the larger which is also shown in some pictutre(basically depends on what ur looking at). also, do any of u reccomend that iron on fray destroyer(dunno what its called) tape stuff?

DarkindDreamer
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
never heard of such a thing, unless it's like that ribbon stuff that has a glue backing that irons on for hem taps and to cover seams.

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-07-2004, 12:08 AM
yeah that stuff. the kidn htat stops frays. i was just wondering cuz it might be easier than goign htrough and odign a zigzag stick. also might work better

Lady Ava
05-10-2004, 08:29 AM
There is some kind of liquid stuff that you can put on it to stop fraying. Fray begone or something like that. Its like 5 bucks a bottle. I suggest you cut off the longering strings, then use that and then trim. ^_^

dk_kaze_no_kage
05-10-2004, 11:24 AM
/me points
yes jebus of cosplay