PDA

View Full Version : Armormaking Panel

Amethyst Angel
05-03-2004, 10:36 PM
For those of you who may be interested: My armormaking panel will be at 8 pm on Friday. Not sure what room it's in yet, or what kind of capacity it has.(Details are a bit sketchy thus far. I assume they'll fill me in on those details at some later point.)

I'm told the room has "Imag capability" which means if I want to demonstrate something, I'll be able to show it "on the big screen". I'm not entirely sure what that means or what equipment or programs it would entail. I regret I don't have a slick powerpoint presentation or much skill speaking to large assemblies. (I was sort of hoping something more intimate and hands on, more like a class or a small discussion group, rather than a lecture in a big hall.)

Aw well....

Is there any armor-related subject that anyone out there would like me to talk about in particular? Any demo-ing or public speaking advice that you'd like to impart to me? Any parties you'd like to invite me to? Just lemme know....

Shadablade
05-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Hell, i think i might just check it out...im just really getting into cos'ing and have ideas but not the know-how on how to make some of the things....perhaps I might learn a few things :D

Anjierusu
05-04-2004, 07:43 AM
I would love to see that. Armor is ass of le kicking. But if we get a panel with Yuu Watase, like we had one with Akira Toriyama last year, and it conflicts with yours, I'm sorry... but I'll have to go to his. No offense. ^_^

I'll definitely try to check it out, sounds like a great idea.

Amethyst Angel
05-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I would love to see that. Armor is ass of le kicking. But if we get a panel with Yuu Watase, like we had one with Akira Toriyama last year, and it conflicts with yours, I'm sorry... but I'll have to go to his. No offense. ^_^

I'll definitely try to check it out, sounds like a great idea.

Hell, if there's a panel by Watase and it conflicts with mine, I'm cancelling mine and going to hers. :p (I am, of course, hoping that does not happen. I am also hoping the con has the good enough sense not to schedule any events opposite of Yuu Watase, as said events would most likely resemble a church on Superbowl Sunday in terms of population level...)

Kas
05-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Cool.. yea I'm definitely going.. it might before our panel in the room with the projector and big screen.. anyway.. I want to learn how you made the armor for your Sukiden (sp?) costume.. just to see the materials you made it with and how you made it.. it is a kick ass costume..

Amethyst Angel
05-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Cool.. yea I'm definitely going.. it might before our panel in the room with the projector and big screen.. anyway.. I want to learn how you made the armor for your Sukiden (sp?) costume.. just to see the materials you made it with and how you made it.. it is a kick ass costume..

Thanks. I regret I wasn't able to fit it in my car and bring it down with me. (Ditto on my new Victorian-style EGL outfit. *sigh*)

I've now been informed that the only live con event that is scheduled opposite me is the second hour of the first of the AMV Screenings. (Whew.) So it looks like I'll be able to go to my own fanpanel after all :)

Kasumiangel
05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
My husband or I might stop by. We actually used some of the instructions on your site to do parts of the armor he'll be wearing. It looks like we're going to try vacuum-forming most of it though because of the odd shapes and curves. ^_^ Your instructions were great though. I look forward to maybe getting to sit in on your panel.

Romann
05-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Hell yeah, I'll be there. I'm really interested in making my own armor and what-not ^^

GreatSG
05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Hell yeah, I'll be there. I'm really interested in making my own armor and what-not ^^

I might stop by, would you mind a quick question interview sometime durring the con on armor making, i'm going to be doing a feature on costume makers and such for one of the websites I write for.

Amethyst Angel
05-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I might stop by, would you mind a quick question interview sometime durring the con on armor making, i'm going to be doing a feature on costume makers and such for one of the websites I write for.

Sure. I wouldn't mind doing that...

GreatSG
05-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Sure. I wouldn't mind doing that...

Awesome, if you wanna arrange a time and what not so nothing conflicts with our schedules, PM me. Thanks.

Hikaruchan
05-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Hell, if there's a panel by Watase and it conflicts with mine, I'm cancelling mine and going to hers. :p (I am, of course, hoping that does not happen. I am also hoping the con has the good enough sense not to schedule any events opposite of Yuu Watase, as said events would most likely resemble a church on Superbowl Sunday in terms of population level...)

Chuckle, I have hosted a panel set against Watase before at AZ - and yes, attendance was low. At least my sister was able to go to that Watase panel to tell me if I missed any new news.

Shadablade
05-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Well im itchin to learn some tips...provided that next year this time im not back in the service im thinking hard of doing a Magician of Black Chaos costume.