PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa cosplay

firnheledien
05-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Here's my 2nd costume. Worn for a school competition.

Everything was tailormade. Can't sew for nuts ^^;

The boots, chain and ribbon are borrowed.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=130433&password=786856ca070188119ee087c492ecfb5e&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Nightslayer777
05-05-2004, 09:32 AM
thats nice. i really like it. it was for a school comp. ? what kind ? costume contest? i hope ya one

Flowery
05-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Senko-chan
05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I think it came out very well! You did a wonderful job and I think that you make a really good Rinoa! thumbs up for you! ^_^

Demri
05-05-2004, 10:23 PM
It looks very good! I agree with what Flowery said, but have this to add: The ribbon on the front of the duster should be up a little higher. It is hard to find the right material and the right color for the duster and arm warmers - it seems a lot of Rinoa cosplayers forego the ribbed material at first and then end up redoing them once they find decent ribbed material. But anyway, good job - you look pretty as Rinoa!

archangeli
05-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Ditto on everything that people have already said.

The skirt should be dark denim. And the fabric should be a ribbed ribknit - but I know how hard that is to find ;)

Good job!

black shinigami
05-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Wow you look pretty in it. I guess you won coz of the '1' sign right??

firnheledien
05-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Denim skirt.....hard to find. So just made do ^^;

I'm altering the black inside (my friend made it too big). I know it's supposed to be a ribknit but I was already freaked by the price...

But it kinda looks like velvet in the pics so I'm quite happy ^^

The 1 is just the # of the order in which we are registered. I haven't won anything...yet.

RoboGundam6
05-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Maybe put on a black tank top instead of a sleaveless top, so it doesn't clash with your light blue (kinda) jacket.

I have a Rinoa costume too, just as a hint I got the tank top fom "H & M" clothing store, where they sell plain tops of all kinds for about $6 or so.

Bobbi
05-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Besides what was already mentioned... the closure in the front isn't a ribbon but a button closure like the one attached. It's also a placed a little higher up, right at about the lower-middle of the bustline. You might also want to add trim around the armholes and the inside, because her costume does have that (as seen in the screencaps)

I might also suggest getting different boots. Electricboutique.com has some nice ones that can be used for Rinoa... just add the buckles! http://www.electriqueboutique.com/shop/proddetail.asp?id=PEPPY-04-BLK

_Mandy_
05-06-2004, 05:01 PM
I think it looks very good...and no complaints besides what people have already said. The ribknit can be hard to find...and probably expensive. I don't blame you for using normal fabric.

firnheledien
05-07-2004, 03:03 AM
RoboGundam6: Well...I live in Malaysia so I don't really know what store you're talking about ^^;;

The clasp in front isn't a tie? Argh...bad ref pic. I used a pic off this site (as in an actual cosplayer) because I wanted something for my tailor to follow easily. FMVs were always half body only ^^

Well...I didn't win though. ^^ Maybe that should explain all the boo boos.

Flowery
05-08-2004, 01:51 PM

firnheledien
05-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Well....my first language is English =_=

I've never lived overseas.

RoboGundam6
05-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Oops, sry ^^;. Well "H & M" is a store out here in the USA, its a chain, I hope it will spread more, cuz it has low prices with really nice clothing.

But yea, maybe a black tank top......^^;. heh.

Have fun!

Hitomi chan
05-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I like it, you look very nice, but the lace you used for the ribbon looks a little more pale than the rest of the duster, try to use the same fabric to make the ribbon... or closure. Add some bangs to you hair ^-^ Rinoa has them, but if you don't like bangs don't use them, you look pretty anyway ^-^

lainey
05-12-2004, 02:37 PM
yeeeah i suggested getting a ribbed knit fabric...colour is a little off too >_<

other than that it looks cool...
they recently released a H&M in Canada ^_^ ^_^

TheAnarCHris
05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Crap, everyone else said what I wanted already...um... great start though! ^/^

Chino-San
05-12-2004, 07:57 PM
I think over a scale of 1-10 I give you an 8.5. The reason this being is that you have the basic concept of the costume. But like Flowery said "some basic Rinoa attributes are left out". Rinoa wears a black tank top not a black sleeveless shirt. The color of the material is "right there". But the material choice I would have to give that also an 8. I don't know what the material is called but the material has some knitting on it. Your hair works fine with the costume. Especially the fact that your asian and you look like the character to an extent, that earns you major points. Your body posture and pose for the pictures are well carried I'd give that a 9. Your costume is very good indeed but there are room for improvement. Just keep in mind that I am not bashing your costume. I am only giving suggestions on how your costume can improve. Isn't it what this forum is for? LoL but it's a good costume don't get me wrong.

LuckInSpades
05-13-2004, 02:05 AM
I just must say: You make a very beautiful Rinoa, and you should be proud =)

firnheledien
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, thanks guys for all your comments. If I get the RM1000, then I'll try to remake it ^^.

I guess I was going for the colour in the game (not the FMVs)? Looks more like that.

But I'm happy with it. And it's so durable, too XD!