PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Cosplay Photoshoot??

AnimeAngelBlue
05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Anyone up for a cosplay photoshoot on Long Island??

Right now I'm looking into 3 different places for a photoshoot, and with the weather getting nicer, we might just be able to have a lot of fun.

Wondering if anyone else from the area is interested... cuz I don't wanna just set things up and have noone come...

-Jae

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LICosplay/

KuroBara
05-05-2004, 03:08 PM
When & where would this be?

Gale
05-05-2004, 03:25 PM
yes, when is it? I live in CT on the coast of LI sound durring the summer, and if it fits my schedual I'd love to go!

TheAnarCHris
05-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Well it's a lot easier for me to get to LI then it is to Roch-wherever the hell the other NY photoshoot is....just along there's a train or something I can take to get there incase I cant mooch a ride off of Cyn.

AnimeAngelBlue
05-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I've got it narrowed down to three places that'll let us have it....

Valley Stream State Park
Hempstead Lake State Park
Eisenhower Park...

I'm really trying for Eisenhower park, because its easy to get to mass transit wise.... I'm hoping to do this possibly at the end of June after finals are over for everone in college and grade school ^_^

NeikoRae
05-09-2004, 10:18 AM
nyah! ^_^ me and Biku were talking about doing something like this, this summer, great idea! we thought either eisenhower park or even Central Park, but im sure she along with me would like to go! a whole big anime photoshoot picnic.

Eisenhower park is a good idea i think (nods) but end of june is no good for me... anime next is the weekend of the 18th and then i have graduation on the 27th :( maybe july would be a good time too... though.. yerg... crowded parks... WAHHHHHHHH!

Biku-Chan
05-09-2004, 04:33 PM
YEAH YEAH! Let's have one at Eisenhower Park!!! I live pretty close to it and it would be grand to do this!

NeikoRae
05-10-2004, 04:25 PM
got a whole group of people at school who would love to do this now! ^_^

Genki Chan
05-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Whee! I'd be really into that, LI is pretty close.. also, I'm not sure if she's noticed this thread, but I know Jubei Chan lives on LI too and she'd probably be into it if she knew. ^_^ What kind of a photoshoot?

AnimeAngelBlue
05-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Whee! I'd be really into that, LI is pretty close.. also, I'm not sure if she's noticed this thread, but I know Jubei Chan lives on LI too and she'd probably be into it if she knew. ^_^ What kind of a photoshoot?

Basically anything... its a cosplay photoshoot... so it doesn't necessarily mean anime/jpop... you can do egl, or whatever floats your boat ^_^

I'll check more into eisenhower park ^_^ Might have to actually reserve a section of the park to use... so I'll make sure on that first ^_^

I'm aiming for either June 26, or July 3.... so if anyone has any complains or suggestions of a date... speak now... cuz when I reserve the park space... that'll be it ^_^

KuroBara
05-11-2004, 11:13 AM
July 3rd is right next to July 4th, I would steer clear of it. Independence Day festivities may be going on.

(But, my chances of going are slim, it seems I can never make the picnics, grr! Um, so take it or leave it)

AnimeAngelBlue
05-11-2004, 11:32 AM
July 3rd is right next to July 4th, I would steer clear of it. Independence Day festivities may be going on.

(But, my chances of going are slim, it seems I can never make the picnics, grr! Um, so take it or leave it)

Ack... just realized that... ::been painting a room for 2 days so ish braindead::

So anyways... July 10th and May 26th then ^_^

RoboGundam6
05-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Biku-CHAN WERE DO YOU LIVE?! I live near Eisenhower park too! I live in East Meadow too! I very inerrested, do you have any genre of anime in mind? Cuz I have many costumes!

PM ME!

TheAnarCHris
05-11-2004, 12:19 PM
June 27th? How's that?

NeikoRae
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
july 10 and june 26 are good for me i think *nods*

RoboGundam6
05-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Plz just make a perminate date (s) for the shoot and tell us which field it is in.

Just as a side story. I used to play in that park when I was a WEE toodler, I still go there to s8e & stuff. Its a pretty big park, duck for the golfers!

Heck I'll bring all my costumes! :jjacks: If its held! :bigtu:

NeikoRae
05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
theres more than one feild?! i havnt been there in so long >_< im gonna get lost!

RoboGundam6
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
You can tell them apart, they have signs, or you could just go to the rangers office which is easy to find.

I must warn you all though, DON"T speed in the park, believe me, my family has got a few tickets due to that park. I park is comprised to 2 roads throught it for easy access, they are narrow but have both 2 lanes. They also have an indoor pool, field with nothing but grass for kites, pininc areas of all sorts, duck ponds, 911 memorials, firemen memorials, veteran memorials and a BIG golfing area along with practice area.

Hey I live by it too, not lie I'm a tour giude or anything LOL! ^^;

Biku-Chan
05-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I think anytime is good for me as long as Rae can make it. She my cosplay buddy. -nods- Oh, Robo gundam. I don't live that close but I live near Hicksville in a very random unknown town. -laughs- IM me sometime or I'll IM you.

TheAnarCHris
05-11-2004, 05:41 PM
I just hope this thing is a Sunday. I work on Saturdays.

BTW not to get too far off topic, but RG6, are you heading into NYC on Sunday?

RoboGundam6
05-13-2004, 11:25 AM
I dunno if I can make it, but I'll keep my opitons open! I would be AWSOME seeing you all again!

Biku-Chan you are so cool! Thanks for the IM! *yes I'm on AIM ocaccionally NYO!* I was very cool meeting you!

So to be back on topic, WHAT IS the perminante date for the photo shoot? I would REALLY like to know.

AnimeAngelBlue
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Okay... I was able to get a date set with Eisenhower park...

If all goes well with the weather it will be June 27 at Eisenhower Park, in East Meadow.... I've yet to get a definate field number ^_^ They will get back to me on that ^_^

Directions by mass transit ((mostly from Penn Station))::
1. From NYC and points West: Take the long island railroad from penn station to the hempstead station. At hempstead cross the street to the bus station, take the N70/N71/N72 ((Any one of these 3 busses will do)) to Eisenhower Park. ((I don't know the stop off hand, but if you ask the driver, he'll tell you when.)) Also the bus runs down the block where the park is, you're just gonna have to walk abouts once you hit the park ^_^ It's also about 5 minutes or so once you leave the bus station. ^_^

2. For points East: There's one or two ways to do this if you don't drive. You can take the train to Jamaica and switch to the Hempstead line. ((Since Hempstead is the last stop)) Or get to the Sunrise Mall and take the N70/N71/N72 bus that is headed for Hempstead and get off at Eisenhower Park. ^_^ Sorry bout that... no easy way to get there from this way.

Directions by Car::
Local Directions: Once your on the Meadowbrook parkway, take it to the RT-24 E (Hempstead Turnpike) exit - exit number M5- toward EAST MEADOW/FARMINGDALE. After exiting the parkway heading eastbound. The park will be on your left after the first traffic light. Continue down 2 more lights to the entrance on your left. ((I will double check to make sure its 2 lights I believe it is))

I will have other directions if anyone asks for them ^_^ I have no problem helping out with directions, my dad drives a bus, and will be more than happy to help people out coming from farther areas ^_^ So pm me if you need something more specific. Also I will try to have general directions from westbound points. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
05-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Sunday, June 27th? Rock, I'm in, hopefully in all my Advent Children glory.

NeikoRae
05-14-2004, 02:43 PM
:( i cant go

:(

got so excited too... :(

Biku-Chan
05-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Can we please change the date? Please please please? There's no way I could go to it without my Rae. I wouldn't go without her and all. ;.;

Genki Chan
05-16-2004, 03:39 AM
;__; Nuu. The 27th? I'm going to be in Japan by then >.< Ach. Well, good luck with it everyone.

RoboGundam6
05-17-2004, 10:58 AM
O my... T_T.
Its too bad that you guys can't make it. I was hoping to meet you all >_<;. I'm sry. But I wish you all luck, especially for that day.

Ok but that you for the permamante date BlueCosplayAnge. Just find out the field #.

Thank you and good luck to everybody!

TheAnarCHris
05-18-2004, 11:14 AM
BlueCosplayAngel, you want I should spam this info on the NYO!/OA boards? We might get a better turn out this way XD.

AnimeAngelBlue
05-18-2004, 12:49 PM
BlueCosplayAngel, you want I should spam this info on the NYO!/OA boards? We might get a better turn out this way XD.

go for it ^_^

TheAnarCHris
05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Hahah sodomy away.....er spam...::whistles::

Biku-Chan
05-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Not changing the date? ;.; -sniffles-

Flippy
05-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Animenext is right before this so if you guys are going to AN you should meet at the con and plan out this meeting.

Mr. Czernobog
05-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, any idea what time this whol event is transpiring? My sister has graduation in the morning, but she's more than willing to go after. We're just that insane.

AnimeAngelBlue
06-01-2004, 08:50 AM
should be after 12.... since it is a picnic... lol... ummm... ::thinks::

I dunno when it'd end however... that's all up to the people that go.... ^_^

Flippy
06-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Around 12 would be good for a picnic maybe the meet up time could be 11:30 or thru 1:30...but I don't know....just from past experances with picnics

RoboGundam6
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Same thing which I stated in the NYO COsplay board. I dunno if I can go, its graduation day in East Meadow, i have to be there for my friends, they gone to mine, now its my turn.

TheAnarCHris
06-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Same thing I stated on the NYP! board, ur friends graduate on a Sunday?

BTW put my vote in for 1.

wishingstar
06-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Oooh. :D Really glad to hear about this. I should be able to attend. Yay~!

Mr. Czernobog
06-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Nuts, if it's at 1, I guess my sister and I won't be able to go. That's when her graduation starts.

Carrot Glace
06-06-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm definately coming, but I won't be wearing a costume; just taking pictures. BTW, has a field been determined?

TheAnarCHris
06-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Again with the graduation?!?! It's a Sunday people, i doubt ur siblings and friends graduate on sundays!

NeikoRae
06-07-2004, 05:44 PM
YES THE GRADUATIONS ARE ON SUNDAY!!! why do you doubt that? thats when my graduation is anyway and the schools had it on sunday every year since my brother graduated at least.... each school is different

RoboGundam6
06-08-2004, 10:05 AM
I think i graduated on a weekend ^^;

Well, look on the bright side....there are bunnies in the park! and golfers so becareful!

TheAnarCHris
06-09-2004, 01:51 AM
YES THE GRADUATIONS ARE ON SUNDAY!!! why do you doubt that? thats when my graduation is anyway and the schools had it on sunday every year since my brother graduated at least.... each school is different

That's so odd. Here in real NY, everyone graduates on a Saturday.

NeikoRae
06-09-2004, 03:46 PM
its not really the dependant on real or not real ny whatever that means.. but the reason some are on sunday rather than saturday is because most are on saturday and due to family conflicts they have to make it vary so people can attend one anothers graduations *shrugs* we have prom on an odd day but thats because regents end on a funny note...

what'd you mean by real ny?

TheAnarCHris
06-10-2004, 01:21 AM
the nyc area,i.e.Brooklyn, Staten Island, queens, the Bronx and Manhattan.

TyJILDown
06-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Some Graduations are even done on weekdays, atleast my HS graduation was...

ANYWAYS! Back on track!

I'm in Valley Stream but I work in Mineola like 10 minutes from Eisenhower park. I'm gonna try to make it, and if I do I'll be driving my boyfriend with me as well. It all depends though since I have AnimeExpo that week plus extra hours at work so I have to see if I will have the time on Sunday while running around getting things done that week...

I'll see as time draws nearer, probably be a last minute decision seeing how things flow.

dressdragn
06-21-2004, 10:13 AM
HS graduations aside, now that anime next is over do we have a date/time for this shoot? also for those of us heading in from pen we should meet up and go together.

~Anna

AnimeAngelBlue
06-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Woo! Finally got things set up ^_^

We will be at lot 6 for the picnic... it is NOT a reserved picnic area so no alcoholic beverages allowed please. The picnic should start around 11:30 ^_^ and run til around 4 ^_^

You can take the N35 from the Hempstead terminal towards Westbury ((for those of you that aren't driving)) and get off at Stewart Avenue in front of the park entrance.

There will be a short cosplay compeition ^_^ and lots of fun games and some pretty nifty prize type stuffs ^_^

There aren't a lot of tables, but there are some, so please bring blankets with you and don't forget your lunch ^_^

See you all there ^_^

-Jae

Sephy Unit 02
06-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Bah, why do i always find out about things so late. I live in Massapequa, its like 10 minutes away but i have a stupid weding thing to do today. Hope you guys have fun, tell me how it went! :)

TyJILDown
06-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I kind of didn't wake up until after 2 so that set things back for the whole day...go me for sleeping 12 hours!

Flippy
06-27-2004, 07:23 PM
That's so odd. Here in real NY, everyone graduates on a Saturday.
I graduated on a Thursday....so that beats all of you!!!!!!

Anyway so how was the picnic?

Link Valentine
06-27-2004, 07:30 PM
It went rather well, and I can't wait to see when the pictures are up!

Even though I fell out of a tree >_>;

TheAnarCHris
06-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Rargh, I'm fighitng something, so I couldny make it out there today..I am le suck!

Sephy Unit 02
06-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Glad you had fun Link. About how many would you say showed up?

AnimeAngelBlue
06-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Thanks to everyone that attended ^_^

It was a wonderful picnic ^_^

Planning a beach get together sometime in August ^_^

I've put all my pictures from the picnic here for anyone that's interested ^_^
http://www.pride.hofstra.edu/~JBONSI1/picnic/
-Jae

Flippy
06-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I looked fun....I loved that you guys found a tank.

Link Valentine
06-28-2004, 03:39 PM
How many people? ::Thinks:: A dozen. I listed all the names of everyone, and it was exactly twelve.

The tank is a Korean War one ^^; I should photoshop out that tank, and photoshop in a hovertank >_>; But, I'm really lazy x.x;

dressdragn
06-29-2004, 09:28 AM
it looks great Jamie. And it was great seeing everyone. I can't wait till the next one in Aug. I'll let people know when paul gets his pics up.

~Anna

RoboGundam6
06-29-2004, 11:07 AM
I had a great time! Thanks everyone! I'm sorry i had to leave early, but my house is having some work done, so I can't leave as often as I like, and when I do it kinda has to be short. Thank goodness the construction is almost over!

Anyway it great great meeting all of you, ya'll are really nice, and helped my kluzy self over that fence, its just too easy walking around it ya know!

And the Pokemon snacks were just the boost of suger I needed!

dressdragn
07-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Paul's photos are up!

see them at http://asterphage.lunarpages.com/event/licosplaypicnic_2004/index.php

thanks paul

~Anna

asterphage
07-02-2004, 05:36 PM
The tank is a Korean War one ^^; I should photoshop out that tank, and photoshop in a hovertank >_>; But, I'm really lazy x.x;

Well, you've got this image I made... (http://asterphage.lunarpages.com/event/licosplaypicnic_2004/index.php?pic=1&filename=gundam3)

If you can get me a high-res scan of a nice hovertank illus., I have another shot of you that should sit on it pretty well.