PDA

View Full Version : One day pass: Saturday or Monday?

Mailorder
05-06-2004, 09:28 AM
My friends and I are going for the one day group discount pass. This is, which day do we choose? Saturday or Monday? Saturday looks like it'll have more events. A lot more events. Just because of that, I'm assuming there will be more attendance and a higher energy level overall. Monday feels like a cleanup day. People with three day passes are probably burned out, and one day pass kids picked Saturday. Not just that, but I hear booths will charge higher, since their supply is running low, if not gone.

I guess I should just pick Saturday, but my friends have schedule conflicts. Some might not even be able to go, others won't show up until mid-afternoon. If we go on Monday, then everyone can show up when the doors open, till they close. (when does the con open and close, by the way?)

So is Saturday THAT much better than Monday? I don't want to leave a few friends behind, but I don't want to go on a day that PMX might be dead. Let me know what the seasoned con-goers think : /

Evil Bishounen
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the last day of a con is usually rather dead compared to the previous days... Either because a good number of the attendees have to leave on the last day, or some people are just burned out after being there the entire weekend.

Though, I'm used to attending Anime Expo, and that's a four day con - the deadness might not be quite so bad for a three day con. I went to Ani-magic once (also a 3-day con), and there still seemed to be some activity and cosplayers around when my friends and I had to leave on the last day. It also depends to a degree on the particular crowd attending.

In my experience, there's usally more going on and more people around on the intermediate days of a con (Sunday, in the case of this one); though if you've already excluded Sunday and are looking only between the first and last days, there'll definitely be more going on (more events, and usually more people/cosplayers) on the first day.

On a final note, about dealer's hall prices - actually, it usually works backwards compared to what you heard. :sunburn: I've seen that prices are often lowered on the last day of a convention, because the dealers REALLY would rather not have to take all that stuff home with them - so they're actually more eager to try and sell off what's left. On the last day of AX 2003, I got one of those 1/6 scale FFX Auron figures for around $22, I believe it was - and those things were originally $30-40!

The trade-off, however, is that there'll be less merchandise available overall on the last day, because some quantity of it will have been sold off on the previous days. So, do you want more stuff to choose from? Or lower prices?

AgentONeal
05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, it works backwards from what you're saying.

I used to go to conventions with Dale's Planet Comics to Project A-Kon and Animefest in Dallas, TX all the time. We sold cheap-o DVDs on the last days.

Great deals to be had on Mondays!

Mailorder
05-06-2004, 07:29 PM
The spiked prices on the last day thing was told to me by a friend who went to Comic Con twice. Maybe he was looking at the wrong booths, or maybe Comic Con is filled with bullies : /

I'll discuss with my buddies the Saturday vs. Monday thing... thanks for the input! I really want to go on Saturday... : (

Hikaru_Ayanami
05-12-2004, 02:21 PM
i think monday might have at less some things happening becuz rember no on has school that monday maoreal day sry for spelling. im going on monday the last day cuz i have other things to do that weekend. but if it was up to me i would go sat. but i think monday would still be good. ehhhh It is tell monday right i forgot?

Michi
05-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Monday is the last day of the con. Last days of cons are good for wrapping up the weekend when you've been there since the beginning, but they aren't the ONLY day you'd wanna attend.

Saturday is the major day -- first real day of the con after the previous day's concerts and stuff. It's when most of the panels and things are happening, and will be the busiest day.

I'd say if you have to pick between only one of those two, go with Saturday. ^_^;

abellabella
05-13-2004, 12:20 AM
and don't forget, Saturday there will be more cosplayers than Monday. If your into checkin' out the cosplay that's also a bonus for going on Saturday. I'd chose Saturday as well!