PDA

View Full Version : Covering up Horns.

Nancyboynoire
05-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Alright, you must understand before I begin my life's story that I don't have acne. Acutally my skin is ually pretty clear ( I do have big pores though X_X ) and well I usually only get the odd pimple, but when I do it's like a horn comming out of my face, it's red and gross and SORE. My question to you is, how do I cover up these craters on my face? I have SUPER pale skin, it's not really translucent, just really pale. So when I do get a really big pimple it REALLY stands out (it gets all red and purply and bruised looking) how do I cover these not so little buggers up?

mikazuki
05-06-2004, 06:33 PM
To shrink it try a hemorrhoid cream like Preparation H or something similar. It may burn depending on how sensitive your skin is. I remember when I competed in beauty pageants we used it to shrink a zit. You could also try putting plain (white) toothpaste on it and leaving it on overnight (again it'll burn).

Since you have large pores try making a mask of egg white, sugar and oatmeal. Leave on face for about ten minutes and then wash off with cool water.

China-Lilly
05-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I've heard good things about Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector for making large pores look invisible.

Anti-redness eyedrops applied on the pimple will also reduce the redness.

aaobuttons
05-07-2004, 09:13 AM
If you use toothpaste be careful. If you use anything besides a plain toothpaste it will make it worse. My dermatologist said that Menthol or the bleaching agent (for the whitening toothpastes) irritate the acne.

Midknight
05-09-2004, 01:12 AM
I don't know how healthy it is for you, but I've found that a tiny dab of antibacterial handsoap (like dial or softsoap) over night works wonders. Don't use it more then once on a bump though, because you'll really dry your skin out where it's placed and it can become flaky.

Karisu-sama
05-11-2004, 01:17 AM
I don't know how healthy it is for you, but I've found that a tiny dab of antibacterial handsoap (like dial or softsoap) over night works wonders.
The antibacterial factor is what's working there - my dermatologist recommends an overnight dab of antibacterial ointment such as Neosporin.

Midknight
05-11-2004, 05:09 AM
The antibacterial factor is what's working there - my dermatologist recommends an overnight dab of antibacterial ointment such as Neosporin.

I think it's a combination of the antibacterial factor and the drying factor of the soap. I've tried Neosporin also, but it doesn't seem to be as effective. I'm sure it's better for your skin though lol.