PDA

View Full Version : AFO 5: Who's going and what are you wearing?

.Diana.
05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
I noticed that this board is inactive, so I decided to jump in and start a new thread in looking forward to the future AFO 5.

I'm kind of bummed, however, that the AFO 5 website isn't up. Anyway, my friends and I are doing the entire group (Rio, Maya, Maki, Yuugi, Navel, and Lillica) from Burn Up Excess. We also have plans to do a skit. ^^ Hopefully everything goes well, still the best laid plans usually fall apart.

So, is anyone else going?

~Diana :bigtu:

Reichiru_Desu
05-06-2004, 08:38 PM
I might be going I am not sure since I am going to go to JACON. I might not have enough money or can convince my Aunt to take me. I went to AFO3, but couldn't go to AFO4 because my mom was really sick. If I do go, I would have My Misha, A Coo Erhard, and I probablly will have oodles more since I will be cosplaying over the summer.

Thanks for making this thread,
Rei (Rachel)

ms5kity
05-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Hopefully I will be going! Not sure who I'm cosplaying as since this is only my second con, and I'm not all that great at sewing yet! Though someone coming with me is going to do morpheus from the Matrix!!!!! and Beat from jet set radio, we are allowed to have rollar blades in there right? Anyway!!!!!!! EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Hime no Toki
05-16-2004, 11:19 AM
I'll be at AFO for two or three of the days. Planning on wearing my DOOM Mai and Faye Valentine, and possibly something else.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Reichiru_Desu
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
I need a ride and a room in order to go. But....I might be able to get them.

T-san
07-14-2004, 10:07 AM
i'll be going all three days~ ^_^ i'll being cosplaying as Amano Ginji from GetBackers and Bridget from GuiltyGearXX and possibly someone else if i find the cash....^^;

demon_Xlt
07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
i plan to hopefully... seems expensive (seeing how i can only go the 7th-8th) its like 25 one day and 20 the other...i might as well get the weekend pass... jesus....

not to mention 103$ for the hotel.. jesus...

but it will all be worth it cause i'm signing up for the Extreme Elimination Challenge thingy.... now that sounds like FUN!!.....

funny thing is .... is making it to the filming....

and i wonder..is there even goin to be a rave at the hotel?????
mmmmm hmmmmmm

Susumari
07-14-2004, 11:43 PM
i have no idea who i'll be cosplaying, but i'm pretty sure i will be going. something jrock mayb ^-^

T-san
07-14-2004, 11:46 PM
you signed up for MXC too? well then, i hope to see you there!

Lystrade
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
I'll be there for saturday only.. (Damn overpriced con *shakes fist*) And since I was bored all summer I made 4 costumes..Card captor sakura, Bridget from Guilty Gear, Ayame from Inuyasha, and Rinoa from final fantasy 8.... So I'll attempt to wear them all on one day! Woo!

demon_Xlt
07-16-2004, 10:02 AM
that would be hardcore

:rockon:

yet still i have my doublt about this con...seeing how i wont be able to go to the mxc ...... i heard it sucked from others.... yet it was okay.. soooo i dunno what to expect....

madhatterr104
07-16-2004, 05:18 PM
<--- shall be there
*points down* thats my costume line up...see ya all there!
and i shall find you susu! <33

T-san
07-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Lystrade...O_o wait...is that you, Usagi?!

Lystrade
07-18-2004, 03:18 PM
.....No.. I'm Lystrade.. I think.. O.o You know what's funny? So far there are going to be 3 Bridgets... It's kinda scarey... O.O

spec-ted
07-18-2004, 05:35 PM
:bigtu: NO FAIR i wanted to go to the MXC thingy but i cant :waaaah: oh well ill be going for two or more likely all three days YA, ( :lost: might have to take the bus thou, and im not form FL so hehe hope i dont get lost :eeek: ) anyway yea probly would be better to just by the 3 day pass dam expasive hotel to well i aint saying there im on vacation :dance: CYALL at the con OH on more thing TELL ME HOW THE MXC thing was PLS i was kinda wondering?

T-san
07-18-2004, 06:00 PM
spec-ted; MXC was hot but WONDERFUL. XD i'm not saying any more except for that it's playing after cosplay and before judging and that i'm the Speed Racer.

lystra; THREE Bridg's?! @_@ and i thought he'd be someone that few would cosplay as... ick. oh well. can you give me any pointers on making the handcuff?? ^^;

Lystrade
07-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I still have yet to attempt to make mine.. ;_;.. But I'd say.. Wood? Or good ole card board! Yay!

makio
07-19-2004, 04:07 PM
If you've got about $7-12 bucks, you could probably make it out of foam. Jo-anns sells foam padding for about $2-3, which you could cover with either black fun-foam or even hard-felt covering to make the huge handcuffs. :cool: Inexpensive, lightweight, and surprisingly durable... cosplay at its best, I say!

...now if I could just think of an inexpensive way to make "Furaiken", Ky Kiske's sword, before AFO5. x_x Last time it turned out to be a bit more in cost than I had originally perceived.

T-san
07-19-2004, 06:23 PM
that sounds good, but to make one that actually opens and works? @_@ that's another story...

Melfina
07-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi there! I'll be going to AFO as Melfina (Outlaw Star), Subaru (.hack//SIGN), and, if I finish it in time, Soujirou (Rurouni Kenshin). I hope to see you all there.

spec-ted
07-21-2004, 12:41 AM
IS it just me or does anyone else hate waiting for a con?? LOL, anyway THX For the info T-San!! ^^ cant wait to see it :thumbsup: , hope u did good :jjacks: cus i will C it (lol still havenít found a bus route for getting there thou, LOL ill figuer it out suks not having a car to use it would be so much simpler:sulk: ) HOPE TO C U ALL THERE MIKE

makio
07-21-2004, 06:38 AM
that sounds good, but to make one that actually opens and works? @_@ that's another story...

...LoL, well then I ask ya --- how much exactly were you planning on spending on making the handcuffs? :thumbsup: If your budget's decent enough, you could have a locking mechanism made on them, though you'd be sacrificing time, funds, and the "lighter weighted prop". Not that you should be discouraged in the least, I actually think it can be done without spending an arm & a leg. But keeping in mind how narrow the walking space was last year(even with the new 'auditorium sized convention center', it's still going to be a bit congested in the halls), that would hinder me from making anything too delicate or huge prop-wise.

...which is also why I'm thinking of either going without or reinforcing the prop sword for Ky Kiske; since I know it might take a couple bumps, drops, and bruises. Aaaaaanyway, if I can find the site again; I'll send ya' a couple links on past Bridget cosplayers w/the handcuffs and if possible; construction techniques. :)

T-san
07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
*hugs* ;_; you're so nice...thank you for the advice...*is in a sappy mood*

Ameria
07-21-2004, 01:27 PM
*patpats sappy T-chan*

makio
07-21-2004, 06:17 PM
*hugs* ;_; you're so nice...thank you for the advice...*is in a sappy mood*

Ah, no problem. Besides, I'm in nearly the same boat -- trying to get my GGXX Ky Kiske done in time too! :thumbsup: I'm still not sure exactly where/when at AFO on Saturday we're meeting up for GGXX photos, but I'll ask the LJ peeps; 'cause that's where I heard the idea for the GGXX/Isuka cosplay theme in the first place.

Oh, and here's the links I mentioned previously:
GGXX Cosplayers (Japanese) (http://cosplay-gg.hp.infoseek.co.jp/)
Rogue & Flexei(Videogame Cosplay Section) (http://rogueandflexei.com:8900/cosplay/gamecosttext.gif)

KeyOfTwilight
07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Any1 going as a character from naruto? me and my friend are trying to get a group together.

makio
07-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Not sure if I told ya' about it in IMs, but if there's time; I'll see if I can finish Jiraya to join you guys. What day were you planning to gather?

mitylene
07-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I have a group of friends going at Naruto characters too. We're planning a fun skit for sat. We should get together for photos.

KeyOfTwilight
07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
cool. I just gotta get my costume design figured out(i'm thinking about doing an alternate costume itachi) and then get it made real quick-like.

Cactuarsama
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
I can't wait for afo Ive been to cons in Fl but somhow avoided afo maybe because it was right before school or whatever, so this'll be my first time. I'll be there in my pocky dress and i'm going to be in iron cosplay. if anybody sees me please say hi to me or somthing I want to meet some people from this board. ^ ^

dot

KeyOfTwilight
07-29-2004, 11:48 PM
hey mitylene, is it ok if my friend and i join your naruto group?

red-Otaku
07-31-2004, 09:41 AM
I'll be going and sporting my Shino Costume :) Going with a group of 12 people O.O lol hope to see ya there! And Mitylene if you group (or any naruto group going) has room for a Shino let me know, I'll probably be wearing the costume a bit friday, and most of saturday.

red-Otaku
07-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Heh, hopefully this year won't be too small from people thinking last year's was bad. It was my first anime con, and I think it was bad partially because it's the first time at that hotel. Yea it's expensive for it, but you can always just get another hotel to stay at for much cheaper :) Either way, got a group of 12 including me going, 3 rooms total. Hoping to see you all there. And it should be bigger this year as the hotel added on a bunch of new con space, so bigger game room and more room to walk and stuff! wootz :) And T, I totally remember you though I doubt you do me, I was with the group consisting of syndal/marie/tanya and others :) lol I was Rik from Digi-charat last year. Oh and on the upside this year I won't look like a moron trying to play DDR again, rofl, much practice.

KeyOfTwilight
07-31-2004, 04:16 PM
if any naruto group has room for an itachi(most likely, lol) then please tell me.

Hyuuga
07-31-2004, 04:48 PM
i'll be going..

wearing either a mistnin forehead protector as showed in my profile pic or a scratch-style itachi forehead protector.

KeyOfTwilight
07-31-2004, 05:12 PM
hehehe, rogue shinobi headbands are da bomb

OtakuLuLu
03-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I noticed that this board is inactive, so I decided to jump in and start a new thread in looking forward to the future AFO 5.

I'm kind of bummed, however, that the AFO 5 website isn't up. Anyway, my friends and I are doing the entire group (Rio, Maya, Maki, Yuugi, Navel, and Lillica) from Burn Up Excess. We also have plans to do a skit. ^^ Hopefully everything goes well, still the best laid plans usually fall apart.

So, is anyone else going?

~Diana :bigtu:

Im going on a saturday, Im going as shia from pita ten, ill be entering the cosplay contest. I set up a thread to see if anyone would like to join up in the cosplay!

anime darkness
03-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Im going on a saturday, Im going as shia from pita ten, ill be entering the cosplay contest. I set up a thread to see if anyone would like to join up in the cosplay!

**points upwards** I'm going with her. I'm being Misha from Pita Ten, too. ^^ I can't wait!

OtakuLuLu
03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
neither can i! Alex, (anime_darkness) were going for fabric on the 1st of april, okay? dont forget!