PDA

View Full Version : Identifying fellow cosplay.com'ers?

Archelon
05-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I was just wondering how everyone planned on recognizing everyone else from cosplay.com. I know at Otakon we put our avatars in our little tag things by our names, and we also kept a purple ribbon visible somewhere on us. I was wondering if anyone wanted to do something similar for Animazement. Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a cosplay.com shoot?

Kilayi
05-06-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't think that there is going to be an official shoot for cosplay.com, but it was mentioned in one of these threads somewhere about a ribbon with our name on it or something, and I like the idea.... real cheap too XD

meedlymee
05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
my costume is full of ribbon already though!

Shadablade
05-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Well,....we could just all decide on a color and location (say red ribbon around wrist or near elbow) And have something such as "Cosplay.Com'er" or such on it....just a suggestion....if anything if another "com'er" spots it it would be a good way to at least strike up a conversation....my 2cents

Omittchi
05-07-2004, 12:41 AM
I like this idea! I want to make sure I meet my fellow cosplayers! I think a red ribbon on the wrist sounds good. :bigtu: And if your name here is not the one on your badge, you can write it on the ribbon. Is that usually the case? My names are the same.

Amethyst Angel
05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Actually, I think the shoot might be a good idea. (Although the last cosplay.com shoot I went to, I arrived five minutes late only to find out the shoot had already dispersed. It really fried my @ss, because I had spent almost an hour getting into the armor I was going to wear for the shoot.) Perhaps, if we choose to hold a shoot, we should arrange to meet during a certain window of time. (Everybody would have to arrive at X place at 12 noon and remain there until 12:15.)

Just a thought...

onnawufei
05-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Won't the ribbon idea interefere (sp?) with some of the costumes though? Most of mine I don't care about, except for Mana. The other costumes I'm doing could be covered in ribbons and I don't care. :p

Shadablade
05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
*Shrug* Personally I dont think it would interfere all that much, even though it may somewhat "Clash" with a cos, i think that people would undrstand the point....besides, you can always take it off if need be :P. Im probally going to do this myself and wear one as an armband (think German SS LoL) so if ya see me say hi!

meedlymee
05-07-2004, 10:30 AM
i have a big sailor moon tattoo on my arm..its not hard to miss.

Kasumiangel
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Mine aren't the same, but they're close; it's Kasumi instead of Kasumiangel. I'll try and wear a red ribbon (I have tons of it left over from my Sailor Mars costume). I can even bring some to have at my art booth to give out to people from cosplay.com if they don't have any.

Archelon
05-07-2004, 06:45 PM
I was thinking you could tie the ribbon around the necklace thingy you get with your name tag. That way you could easily take both off together for a shoot, since you've got to wear the tag anyway. What's that thing called? It's on the tip of my tongue, but it escapes me at the moment. Laniard, I believe. Don't think I spelled it right, though.

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 07:08 PM
What if the lanyard turns out to be red again this year? >.< it will be harder to see it...
We should get a backup in case if anyone wants to... how about blue?
And my name is Kilayi on the badge, instead of Kilayi_S74r.... not much different either XP

Archelon
05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
My name on my badge will be my real name, but I'm gonna have a pic of my avatar tucked in there too.

onnawufei
05-07-2004, 09:02 PM
My name on my badge will be zim, but I can easily throw Hamtaro and some DDR arrows on there if it will help people recognize me. *L*

And I WILL be doing the Dr. Pika thing, so if you see some weirdo in a lab coat with a Pikachu mask on, that's me. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one.

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 09:19 PM
hmmm.... instead of having a ta-kun on my badge.... i will have my boyfriend cosplaying as him with me when I'm dressed as Naota :p .... plus i change my avatar every few weeks....

edit: and i will have my Gaia avatar on there if anyone goes there: Gaia Online (http://www.gaiaonline.com) My name is ^kilayi^ if you have an account there too :cool:

Archelon
05-07-2004, 09:27 PM
I'll probably be carrying a bag around that has Archelon written on it.

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I might be carrying around a penguin with a tie... so you can look for that as well XD

quadrain61
05-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll have quadrain61 on my badge and I think I did with otakon. Warning I'm a shy person. I believe a few months ago there was something about purple ribbons being to be used at AZ. I dunno it may have been in the CCR.

Archelon
05-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Seeing your signature about toilet paper reminded me of a little diddy. "When you're sittin' on the john, and the toilet paper's gone, be a man. Use your hand." o.o;;;

nixxer
05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
if you did that then lets hope the bathroom isnt out of soap either....
my badge will say nixxy-chan I'll probably be here, there and everywhere so it shouldnt be to hard to find me ;)

DDR Faery Spice
05-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Nixxer, be forewarned: if you're dressed as Ginji when I see you, you shall be victim of mad glompings. Coz Ginji is so kawaii!!! I just started watching GetBackers recently, and it is t3h awesometastic.
On to the actual topic, it's nice that everyone is posting some distinguishing characteristic about themselves/their cosplay, but there's no way I'm gonna remember all this. So are we going with the red ribbon? Why not just go with another color, like green? A light green? It stands out, and isn't that common. We can just tie it around the lanyard, like someone suggested, and just take it off for photos! Or even just tape it to the badge itself, if some of you are like me and hate wearing the lanyard during the con. Sue me, I'm wierd.

Farmboybob
05-10-2004, 05:46 PM
That will work 50% for me, the green ribbon will. I think green will blend in with my cactaur outfit. :D

nixxer
05-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Nixxer, be forewarned: if you're dressed as Ginji when I see you, you shall be victim of mad glompings. Coz Ginji is so kawaii!!! I just started watching GetBackers recently, and it is t3h awesometastic.

Well as I plan on cosplaying Ginji as often as I can over the weekend, cause its the first costume Im making and Im gonna want to show it off, I guess I'll be glomped to death :thumbsup: Ginji is probably my fav character right now, I love him, hes so great. Im a lot like him too, very silly and child-like, keep an eye out too, cause my friends and I are doing a GB group :cool: which reminds me I need to figure out when Im doing the photoshoot for that....eeeeep :eeek:
on topic...hehehe....I think tying a ribbon to the badge would work, just take the badge off for photos and you dont have to worry about untying a ribbon and getting it wrapped all around you and falling over and people pointing and laughing.....*coughcough* anyway...yeah, my 2 cents, err maybe that was more of a dollars worth :rolleyes:

Squally2207
05-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Well...maybe we could all put on a ribbon to match with our outfit or we could put some special mark on our badge like a star or well.....whatever. Thaz my 4 pennies worth.........*-*

Archelon
05-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Anyone else who's shy, fear not. You are not alone. This will be my second Animazement, but I feel no less shy about it. Anyone who sees me will probably have to approach me themselves. I'm that bad. x.X

freakyarcher
05-10-2004, 07:20 PM
i'm not attending this con, but a suggestion: why don't you tie a neon ribbon on the badge, so that you will not have to actually mess with your costume to find a place for the ribbon on your person.

Farmboybob
05-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Anyone else who's shy, fear not. You are not alone. This will be my second Animazement, but I feel no less shy about it. Anyone who sees me will probably have to approach me themselves. I'm that bad. x.X

Yeah, this will be my third AZ, but other people(people I don't already know) have to make the first move or I'll be too shy to step up and say something for myself.

And freakyarcher, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

GreatSG
05-10-2004, 10:20 PM
I shouldn't be to hard to see, I'll have a regular three day con badge and a press badge.

Kilayi
05-10-2004, 10:26 PM
So what color have we decided on? There has been suggesstions of red, blue, green, and neon O-o so which is it?

onnawufei
05-10-2004, 11:13 PM
I'll just wear whatever color is decided on. *L* And I'll probably print out my avatar (in non moving form of course) and tape that to my badge too.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who hates wearing that damn thing (lanyard). Really I just don't like the badge period but I know why it's needed. I generally find some interesting way to wear it without it being in the way of my costume. (Like the first year my sister and I went we wore our badges on anklets, and last year I attached it to an Easter basket I was carrying.)

Shadablade
05-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Im kinda liking the "tied to lanyard" idea (specially how my attempt at an armband was a disaster LoL) If it boils down to it Im just gonna put an additional sticker on badge and write Cosplay.com.....im not scared to lake the easy way out :cool:

Goddess Cookie
05-11-2004, 06:51 AM
But what color?

liz-maru
05-11-2004, 08:16 AM
ima do whatever so people know ima cosplay.com-er but if you look in my gallery you would know who i am so ;) lol i might just write cosplay.com on my badge as well!! ^-^

meedlymee
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
i'll just write cosplay.com on my forehead.

Terumi
05-11-2004, 03:43 PM
i'll just write cosplay.com on my forehead.

LOL!! :-P

So tie it around your lanyard... how about the blue ribbon? That sound ok?

meedlymee
05-11-2004, 04:24 PM
i think the lanyard idea is fine, that way it wont get in the way of costumes or anything, but not neon looking or anything, it might cause retina burning.

DDR Faery Spice
05-11-2004, 04:54 PM
...there's something wrong with retina burning??? Why didn't anyone tell me that earlier in life?! *giggles* But yeah. I'll go with blue, I guess, but I'm just gonna tape a strip of it to my badge and write cosplay.com and my SN on it.

Rei2Rei
05-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I'll do the ribben thingy also~ But I'll be to shy to say anything to any one! :thumbsup:

DDR Faery Spice
05-11-2004, 05:12 PM
You won't have to worry about being too shy, Rei-chan...we'll all be coming up to you. :P

Kilayi
05-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I'll tie mine to the little metal thingie that hooks it to the lanyard....

So is it blue?

meedlymee
05-11-2004, 05:22 PM
retina burning is no good. NO GOOD. havent you seen the 'dont wear neon clothes due to retina burning' service announcements? sheesh.

anyway. i think the blue is a good idea, and just for good measure..write cosplay.com on there too.

onnawufei
05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Soooo blue ribbon w/ cosplay.com written on it attached to lanyard? Are we agreed on this?! *L* And to be honest unless I'm in a hyper mood (always possible) I may be too shy to come up to people. BUT after the various parties that are planned I'll probably get over the shyness pretty quickly.

Terumi
05-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I think I might have a little print out of my icon too. Dunno - but I cant wait to see you all! ^^ And dont worry if you're shy, other members will be running around and excited to meet you! ^^ :hug:

sakeninja1
05-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah go with blue cause that is what color the bottle of sake we drink is.

Momokawa Sake best sake ever. Plus the company sent us T-shirts caused they like us. LOL

Plus will not be hard to identify us drunken ninjas with t-shirt head gear running around with bottles of sake. Or Big-O

www.sakeone.com

Squally2207
05-11-2004, 07:26 PM
I really don't get shy.......the way I had my first friends at Animazment was I run up and glomped them. It was so much fun!
Warning: I WILL Glomp all Bishies I see dressed as Vash........so don't be alarmed If that's you.

RHIshida
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
I suggest purple ribbons, since the main color of the site is purple :X

Hikaruchan
05-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I still got a spool of shiny purple ribbon somewhere, from doing cosplay.com purple ribbons last year on my badge.

onnawufei
05-11-2004, 10:05 PM
I wonder how many other places will be doing ribbons... because maybe if we just use ribbons period, we'll know that there's a good chance we know that person. As long as the ribbon said cosplay.com or something, y'think?

I still hope to have my little DDR Hamtaro on my badge.

IXArachneXI
05-12-2004, 10:08 PM
well I'll go with whatever color you guys pick- but just in case my name tag will say Arachne on it!

Kilayi
05-12-2004, 10:13 PM
we need to decide what we're doing.... so those of us without ready access to transportation can get out and get the ribbon XP

freakyarcher
05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
it seems like you have chosen purple and some of you are afraid of others using that color...how about you do it the martial arts way? put a white stripe or 2 on the left or right side? it is such a distinctive ribbon that unless there are other me's on other sites, only you guys will know why there are white stripes on one side of the purple ribbon. whaddaya think? :dance:

Archelon
05-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Good idea but that's an awful lot for something so inconsequential.

Kasumiangel
05-13-2004, 11:11 AM
The only thing I'm aware of as far as other groups meeting are those from Gaia. I think they're just going to maybe wear a badge, but have otherwise just arranged to meet at one place on Saturday. Would anyone here be interested in putting together a meeting like that?

GreatSG
05-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Warning: I WILL Glomp all Bishies I see dressed as Vash........so don't be alarmed If that's you.

Glomping is just rude, annoying, and uncalled for... :eeek:
One of my few con pet peeves.

keri1966
05-13-2004, 07:04 PM
I wonder how many other places will be doing ribbons... because maybe if we just use ribbons period, we'll know that there's a good chance we know that person. As long as the ribbon said cosplay.com or something, y'think?

I think that's a good idea. Wear whatever color ribbon you have on hand, just write cosplay.com on it in a contrasting color.

Kilayi
05-13-2004, 10:21 PM
The only thing I'm aware of as far as other groups meeting are those from Gaia. I think they're just going to maybe wear a badge, but have otherwise just arranged to meet at one place on Saturday. Would anyone here be interested in putting together a meeting like that?
Yeh, I think we should :3 And have a photoshoot while we're at it, even if were not all in costume...

quadrain61
05-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeh, I think we should :3 And have a photoshoot while we're at it, even if were not all in costume...

I like that idea. We'll set timers on the cameras to get everyone in.

Goddess Cookie
05-14-2004, 06:39 AM
That would be fun...hehe

Kasumiangel
05-14-2004, 10:02 AM
I like the idea of doing photos too. ^_^ Any suggestions on time and place then?

Archelon
05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
When was it last year? It was Saturday, but I can't remember if it was at 10, 11, or 12.

DDR Faery Spice
05-14-2004, 02:44 PM
wasn't there another thread posted in this forum at one time about a cosplay.com photoshoot, even if most of the admins aren't coming??? Or maybe I'm just remembering imaginary things. But yeah. I don't care what we decide on, I just think we should stop coming up with new ideas and just pick one, before we all go insane.

Shadablade
05-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Hear Hear! :P

Kasumiangel
05-14-2004, 09:18 PM
I have another cosplay group meeting at 1. Other than that, as long as it doesn't conflict with cosplay registration, I don't really care what time it is.

Archelon
05-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I think in the morning would be good. Maybe 11 or 12. Or even 10.

Neko Cathy
05-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Look for the following:

-purple ribbon on badge
-Girl with pink lepoard cat ears and a gray FLUFFY tail
-Yuni from DDR that might be doing karaoke to "Do it All Night" or CKY - "Brian's Chinese freestyle."

Those descriptions will be me.

IXArachneXI
05-16-2004, 01:47 PM
remember that the sign up for the costume contest begins at 11.

Rei2Rei
05-16-2004, 03:10 PM
So, what all has everyone decided on? :confused: What color and stuff?

Archelon
05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't know if we've decided on a color yet, but I think just the fact that we'll be wearing a ribbon on our lanyards should be enough. I've got a ton of purple ribbon left over from Otakon, so I'll most likely be wearing purple. I'll be happy to provide purple ribbon to anyone else who might need some.

Neko Cathy
05-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Purple. It's all about the purple. Cosplay.com's main color theme. It's been done at Katsucon, Anime USA and Otakon by previous cosplay.com members who went to those cons.

quadrain61
05-16-2004, 07:23 PM
wasn't this talked about before (purple), I know it did. Oh well I'm sticking with purple (micheals here I come)

Kilayi
05-16-2004, 07:34 PM
hey I have a ton of purple as well.... I can give you some Thursday quadrain if you want... that goes for anyone I guess...

kohaku3589
05-16-2004, 07:37 PM
hey if I end up coming anybody mind giving me some purple that would be awsome. I have no money

Archelon
05-16-2004, 08:43 PM
I have enough to go around the block and back again. I'll be either wearing my Kingdom Hearts 2 King Mickey costume or my Resident Evil 4 Leon Kennedy costume if you want to find me to get some ribbon.

quadrain61
05-16-2004, 08:57 PM
hey I have a ton of purple as well.... I can give you some Thursday quadrain if you want... that goes for anyone I guess...

I dunno if I'm coming thursday. If I do come thursday it'll be for only a while since I don't have a room that night and I got to be home before 9:00. I'll just be there to pick up stuff and see how it is and head home and come back next day. (I live about 20 - 30 min away). I dunno if I should risk driving to AZ myself since I may not sleep for 2 straight nights if I don't get a ride from Farmboybob.

Archelon
05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I'll be there sometime Friday so you can get the ribbon from me if you'd like

kohaku3589
05-16-2004, 09:24 PM
thanks I don't know if I can go or not cause i don't have a room and it is senior week so my sis can not drive me i thought I was going to stay with my friend but her mom said that she would not sneak any more people in. They said they could drive me but I don't know if I do go I will be dressed up as alice probably. I don't know if I can even get my costume done

onnawufei
05-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Alright, I'll buy some purple ribbon and try to remember to bring it just in case anyone else needs some.

Archelon
05-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Alice as in Alice in Wonderland, or Alice as in the Resident Evil movie? Or someone completely different?

DDR Faery Spice
05-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Katie...I'll prolly be mooching ribbon offa you, since I'm poor and lazyXD

Kasumiangel
05-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I don't think I have any purple ribbon, and although I do have enough cash to go get enough ribbon for my badge, I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time. I'm going to be doing costume work pretty much day and night to finish by Animazement.... I may need to get some from someone if I can't get a moment to run back by our local fabric outlet. Here's links to pics of my costume and my husbands costumes so you can find us.
http://www.anichive.com/lunardragon/karlapic.jpg
http://www.anichive.com/lunardragon/ashrampic.jpg
I will also be with a 3 yrd old and 1 yrd old dressed from Trigun (they should be very easy to spot).

Kilayi
05-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Faery and Kasumiangel: i can giuve you both ribbon.... although its skinny and if you wrote on it you wouldnt be able to read it... XD

kohaku3589
05-17-2004, 07:39 PM
sorry got distracted last night alice from alice 19th since yuu watase is going to be there I wanted to dress up as someone from something she had worked on. I found someone I could stay with but my mother wants me to go to the beach with her. Oh joy a bathing suit haha. sorry don't like bathing suits I hope you all have fun and you have to post what it was like since I won't be going until next year

-=Faust_VIII=-
05-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Woot I'm alive! *dances* Anyways.. I'll most likely will be standing in line with everybody else to get their badges dressed as faust.. *costume is about... 90% done* My name tag will most likely either be Faust VIII or Sezaku Tatsumaru ^_^''

DDR Faery Spice
05-18-2004, 04:59 PM
yay, Faust is alive again! *glomps*

Kasumiangel
05-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I just found a whole role of purple ribbon in a bargain bin at Michael's for $0.98. ^_^ So I won't need any.

onnawufei
05-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Anyone who sees me can feel free to attack me! That is if you see me and recognize me...