PDA

View Full Version : See you at A-kon 2004!!

Eurobeat King
05-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone,

I just got my airline tickets to Project A-kon 15, even though at first I was hesitant in going due to Fanime being the weekend before, and I'm moving in the month of June. But I decided that I had fun the last 2 years at A-kon, and I can't wait to go back this year, especially since it's at a brand-new hotel which is BIGGER than the one the con was at the last 2 years. :) And also A-kon is the only time I'll see a few cosplayers in 2004, I wanted to at least see them ONCE this year and take pictures of their costumes..

I'll be arriving on Friday morning at 3:20am in the morning (I have a 2.5 hour stop-over in Las Vegas, in which I'll be going to the LUXOR for an hour to gamble & take pics), and unlike last year where I had to stay AWAKE in the hotel lobby until 6am, I can get my room at the MarkAdams hotel once i arrive, and get some rest before the big weekend. I wanted to arrive on Thursday to check out the place and do possible photoshoots of cosplayers who might be there, but I have work that day and already am taking Monday, May 31st, off for the last day of Fanime.. And speaking of which, since that con IS the weekend (it ends 4 days before A-kon begins) I'm going to be back-logged on pictures, so the pictures from A-kon MIGHT take me a few days after I return before I post them, due to having to finish posting one con's pics before starting another.. So I'm giving a heads up to everyone in advance that the pictures may not go up as soon as I return home.. I appreciate your patience after the con in this matter.. :thumbsup:

NO costumes for me, so I'll be wandering about the con back n' forth in regular clothes, taking tons of pics, so keep an eye out for me if I don't see you first. I can't wait for a-kon which is less than a month away, so good luck to everyone with their costumes!! See you there! :skidude2:

kyandi-chan
05-07-2004, 09:55 PM
It will be great to see you again! Maybe this year I'll get to speak with you...

sadly, i hear tifa lockhart(cortney) isnt goin this year, according to my friend. i wanted to see her and she mentioned you. ^^ no costumes?

but my friend wants to see your initial d car! and you'll at least wear shinji...

right!?!

Eurobeat King
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
kyandi: What did you cosplay last year? Did I take your picture(s)? A-kon is always big, and I DO miss cosplayers.. :thumbsup: Yeah, I haven't heard from Cortney at all this year so far, as she didn't go to Ushicon, and I haven't seen her online in a long time, so I dunno how she and Andy are doing (or if they're still together..) I was hoping she'd go to A-kon, since she's one of the cosplayers that A-kon will be the only time I see her all year.. :( So maybe next year if she's still into cosplay & cons..

I MIGHT bring Shinji to wear for a little bit, but I'd rather just walk around in normal clothes and take pics, but we'll see. As for the Initial D car, if you mean my RX7 FC3S car costume, I can't bring that with me to cons OUTSIDE of CA due to it being glued (and taped) together and no way it can be undone and shipped to a con, and DRIVING it to A-kon is a BIT too far.. hehe I might bring my plushie AE86's with the fancy headlights to walk around with, but that's all.. hehe

Scortia
05-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Yay! I appreciated how you were one of the few photographers who took photos of my obscure costumes last year... I'll give you a glomp this time around. ;p

kelldar
05-08-2004, 11:39 AM
yay :D i hope you do bring shinji ^^

RuthlessJS
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm glad to hear that your coming to A-kon Eurobeat King! :) I will keep an eye out for you. Last year you snapped a few photos of my barret costume. :)

Eurobeat King
05-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Kell: Will you be bringing your yellow-sun-dress or plugsuit Asuka if I do? And what is your list of 8-9 costumes? ;)

Scortia: Really? What costumes did you wear last year that I took pics of? (It's been a full year, and I've already forgotten a lot of 2003.. hehe) I look forward to your glomps ;)

Ruthless: I remember your Barrett from last year, and it'll be good to see you again this year!

kelldar
05-08-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm bringing the plugsuit again, and my old Misato costume too :D

Ruthless - if you're bringing your Barret again, there's someone on the Akon boards looking for one for an FF7 group, if you're interested!

Eurobeat King
05-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Kell: Ooo, Misato? I don't think I've taken pics of that one before. :) Schweet!

Tenya Muyo
05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
YEAH!! The King Is Coming!! :jjacks: So much fun!! You're one of the few nice photographers around! Awwwwww, no cosplay??? :lost: But if you don't cosplay how can i hunt you?! >:} *Aussie accent* I'm armed and dangerous with my digital camera this year, mates, and i need victims............um........... I mean cosplayers to take pictures of. :thumbsup:

Ah well, have a safe trip down here, and don't squander tooooo much of your money in Sin City! ^_^ Can't wait till A-kon!!

P.S. Hopefully by A-kon, my friends and I will have something that I think you'll like to take pictures of. All i can say right now is that it's a *tall Elric brother.......... ..*sneaks off......sneakily*

*That was, at least, what we were hoping for, but alas the fates are aginst us. The person who was supposed the wear our creation will be out of town during A-kon. Ah well, thos of you going to A-fest will get to see the cool surprise. ^_~

Digital Blush
05-09-2004, 03:40 AM
oooo i remember you Eurobeat King! you took a picture of my first cosplay ever last year! my shia costume. even though i blinked (laughs at self) anyway hope to run into you this year. i'll be using my mimi costume from last year and two naruto costumes. :B

Eurobeat King
05-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Tenya: Thank you for your compliment! :) I try.. As Kell said since she's planning to bring her Asuka + Misato to A-kon, I guess I'll bring Shinji, so you'll see me in that, else if I'm wearing normal clothes you'll see me wearing either 1. my black METREON jacket, or 2. my blue&white King jacket (avatar picture) so those are pretty easy to recognize. ;) I'm hoping to win a little $$ in Vegas for the 2 hours I'm there, so please wish me luck!! I'll keep an eye out for your costumes (your hush-hush ones) but please call out to me or say hi if I don't recognize you in your costume-changes. :)

Uchiha: I remember your costume last year. :) This year I'll make sure to NOT take (or at least post) pics of you blinking if I can help it. hehe

Cynthia
05-10-2004, 12:51 AM
You could always just go play video games in the Luxors arcade ^_^

kleykulele
05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
*manical laughter* Oh, we'll see you there Al. Beth and I have all our plans >=D!!

Just kidding, it will be so fun to see you. And uh, down with Diana >.>;. Did I say that out loud?

:P.

Space Invader
05-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Yay! I remember meeting you very briefly last year, you were really nice ^_^. Maybe we'll get a chance to chat more this year! I'll be in my Edea costume alllllllll Saturday - watch out for the ice spear of d00m! *shing* Eheh. Saturday night I'll be in my kimono - it's all red and black with gold trim and beading and yay. *flaps arms*

Too much sugar will be the death of me. O_o *dies*

shin kurenai
05-18-2004, 03:39 AM
oh man. i was pretty buzzed and you were playing eurobeat. i was wearing iori yagami and i couldnt help but dance!

hope to see you there :D (sorry for the bump..hehe)

ayanamilisa
05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
lol last year i was plugsuit rei..i remembery you asking for a pic and i just acted
nervous you seemed a little upset and later when i realized that you were from
cosplay.com i felt even worse lol. I just wasnt used to people taking a bunch of pics
and didnt know how to respond. I hope you didnt think iwas like all snobby or somting.
This year i better know what to expect. Lol its sad that i've been going since
like 2000 but am sometimes still camera shy

I'll be theif and warrior rikku
warrior rikku will include a giantic sword i'm so excited >_<

HuongStar
05-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Yay! I can't wait to see you, Al. A-kon is great convention to take it easy since we're a bit more laid back here. :)

Eurobeat King
05-19-2004, 11:41 AM
ayanam: Thanks for posing for the pictures last year as PS-Rei and Sailor Mercury. :) Don't feel concerned as I didn't feel offended by you being shy n' stuff, and it's completely understandable if you're not comfy when posing for pics. (Did I seem upset? I guess I was more hectic, running around the hotel trying to get pics of cosplayers.. hehe) I myself am a little shy when it comes to asking for more than just 1-2 pics of people I don't know that well. Hopefully this year we'll have the chance to chat more during the con (or before) and I can't wait to see your new FFX-2 costumes. :) Will you be bringing any other costumes from your gallery like Gunner Yuna, Kasumi, or Emma Frost(?) to A-kon this year?

HuongStar: It'll be fun to see you again, T.!! Will you be bringing your Go-Go costume? I've got some new, kewl poses to take of your wonderful costume!

HuongStar
05-19-2004, 11:54 AM
HuongStar: It'll be fun to see you again, T.!! Will you be bringing your Go-Go costume? I've got some new, kewl poses to take of your wonderful costume!

I'll probably wear GoGo for a short time on Friday or Sunday. :D

accelagirl
05-19-2004, 02:52 PM
i remember your table, and your eurobeat~~ ahh! i wanted to dance!! :O anywho, see you there, mister man-that-i-don't know~! :3

ayanamilisa
05-21-2004, 01:28 AM
i am definetly bring emma frost. I dont know about kasumi. I'm pretty tied up with
my whole theif rikku and warrior kick hehe but i might bring the mercury again :D

Eurobeat King
05-21-2004, 02:12 AM
SpaceInvader: What costume(s) did you wear last year?

Huongstar: Yay! I hope I find you on either day you're wearing Go-Go. But we run into each other frequently at cons. ;)

accelagirl: I plan to bring the Eurobeat music again this year, with new tunes n' Initial D fun. :skidude2: Not sure yet WHERE to set up the cosplay.com gathering, since I've yet to step-foot into the Mark Adams hotel, and don't know the layout. But come Friday morning in addition to walking around taking photos, I'll also be scoping out a place for a table-gathering, and also a photoshoot area if Admin brings his lighting equipment like he did for A-cen.
What costume(s) are you wearing? Say hi to me this year so you can meet me. :)

Ayanamilisa: Yay for E.Frost! Dun worry about Kasumi, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your costumes! Don't stress out working on those costumes as A-kon approaches.. (that goes for everyone who's going!!)

kyandi-chan
05-21-2004, 08:46 AM
kyandi: What did you cosplay last year? Did I take your picture(s)? A-kon is always big, and I DO miss cosplayers.. :thumbsup: Yeah, I haven't heard from Cortney at all this year so far, as she didn't go to Ushicon, and I haven't seen her online in a long time, so I dunno how she and Andy are doing (or if they're still together..) I was hoping she'd go to A-kon, since she's one of the cosplayers that A-kon will be the only time I see her all year.. :( So maybe next year if she's still into cosplay & cons..

I MIGHT bring Shinji to wear for a little bit, but I'd rather just walk around in normal clothes and take pics, but we'll see. As for the Initial D car, if you mean my RX7 FC3S car costume, I can't bring that with me to cons OUTSIDE of CA due to it being glued (and taped) together and no way it can be undone and shipped to a con, and DRIVING it to A-kon is a BIT too far.. hehe I might bring my plushie AE86's with the fancy headlights to walk around with, but that's all.. hehe

i was sora from kingdom hearts...you took a few pictures of me, but i looked so horrible then! we had a lil group too...

and i think cort is going to akon. she is a lil strange now...not talking to me, but she said that she would be wearing a sailor moon costume and rinoa. (i think it was eternal sailor moon)

...well you COULD try driving the car...o.0 i'd like to see that.

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-21-2004, 02:35 PM
I know no one has seen me and I haven't seen anyone else :geek: A-kon is going to be my first con :D I shouldn't be that hard to spot in my costume though (Rika - do it! now) Shiny red and white outfit with yellow leaves :confused: I hope to see some of you in costume though, want to take LOTS of piccies! See ya there~

Eurobeat King
05-21-2004, 11:18 PM
kyandi: Ahh, I remember your KH-Sora last year. I got a PM from Cortney saying that she will TRY to go to A-kon, and I replied, but she hasn't read it yet.. So we'll just see in 2 weeks.. :)

Space Invader
05-21-2004, 11:27 PM
>SpaceInvader: What costume(s) did you wear last year?

I wore my Hikaru costume, which parts of are being redone. When I talked to you however, I was in normal clothing. It was before the dance, I believe. This year I'll be in Edea, with a glowing ice spear! I'll be hard to miss, hehe...

Tenya Muyo
05-22-2004, 12:01 AM
I know no one has seen me and I haven't seen anyone else :geek: A-kon is going to be my first con :D I shouldn't be that hard to spot in my costume though (Rika - do it! now) Shiny red and white outfit with yellow leaves :confused: I hope to see some of you in costume though, want to take LOTS of piccies! See ya there~

Awwwwwww, a newbie con attendy!!! ^_^ YEAH!!! I do believe you will have a great time at A-kon (as long as the staff doesn't screw around -_-;; ) I'll keep an eye out for you costume, it sounds neat! Oh and don't worry, we're all very nice people. Except that EuroKing...... gotta watch out for him; he's evil!! :D

*lol* J/K!! Nuthin' but love for ya King :heart:

kirineko
05-22-2004, 03:24 PM
accelagirl: I plan to bring the Eurobeat music again this year, with new tunes n' Initial D fun. :skidude2: Not sure yet WHERE to set up the cosplay.com gathering, since I've yet to step-foot into the Mark Adams hotel, and don't know the layout. But come Friday morning in addition to walking around taking photos, I'll also be scoping out a place for a table-gathering, and also a photoshoot area if Admin brings his lighting equipment like he did for A-cen.
What costume(s) are you wearing? Say hi to me this year so you can meet me. :)

I don't object if you guys use a corner of the Jpop room for photoshoots (as it is QUITE HUGE...there should be plenty of space without even interrupting video watching)

You can view a map of the hotel and convention space at the A-kon webpage
http://www.a-kon.com/hotel.html if you scroll all the way down, they have several good maps of the layout and such.

I would suggest for next year, if you guys are going to be there, to see about getting an actual table in Komik Market. I don't think it costs a whole lot, and then you have a set place for the entire convention. ^_^

Eurobeat King
05-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Kirineko: Thanks for your advice! I've looked at the map and it helps, and I'll look around in-person when I get there Friday. I'm sure Admin & I will find a good place for Friday (if not both nights) for the table-gatherings & photoshoots. As for next year, knowing me I'll prolly be there again, as I've enjoyed A-kon for the last 2 years, and I know this year will be fun ;) As for getting a table in the Komik Market, Admin & I like to move around a lot, during the day & evening (only in the evenings do we set up our table-gatherings and stay in one spot), so we like to have that freedom in looking for cosplayers. I like to walk back-n-forth throughout the hotel/convention center, keeping an eye out for cosplayers, and if there's a nice outdoor location/scenery, we are able to get those shots that make the pics look really nice. While having a booth to take pics of cosplayers is nice, since they come to YOU, you're obligated to stay there, and so you might miss cosplayer groups gathering elsewhere or the mentioned, outdoor photoshoots. :lost:

Tenya Muyo
05-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Dude!!! The hotel's HUGE!!! Me and a friend checked out the area this past Sunday. I think we get the whole convention center right across the street all to ourselves, and it's spacious! I don't think you'll have a problem finding a place to take pictures Euro! *squeal* Now I'm gettting really excited!

Official countdown til Project A-kon 15: 8 days! :jjacks:

must......finish........costumes............ :mfg:

Ryo Ikari
05-27-2004, 01:58 AM
hello everyone. ^_^ umm... this will be my anime con and cosplay. i'm so excited about A-kon. i hope to see all of u in ur costumes. i'm still work on my costume of Seta From Love Hina. ^_^ just need a lab coat and tie. hehe. ^_^;;

umm... i think that all i have to post for now. ^_^

kirineko
05-27-2004, 03:13 AM
Kirineko: Thanks for your advice! I've looked at the map and it helps, and I'll look around in-person when I get there Friday. I'm sure Admin & I will find a good place for Friday (if not both nights) for the table-gatherings & photoshoots. As for next year, knowing me I'll prolly be there again, as I've enjoyed A-kon for the last 2 years, and I know this year will be fun ;) As for getting a table in the Komik Market, Admin & I like to move around a lot, during the day & evening (only in the evenings do we set up our table-gatherings and stay in one spot), so we like to have that freedom in looking for cosplayers. I like to walk back-n-forth throughout the hotel/convention center, keeping an eye out for cosplayers, and if there's a nice outdoor location/scenery, we are able to get those shots that make the pics look really nice. While having a booth to take pics of cosplayers is nice, since they come to YOU, you're obligated to stay there, and so you might miss cosplayer groups gathering elsewhere or the mentioned, outdoor photoshoots. :lost:

Well, you could always use a table, and have people roving the con to take pictures. You could switch off, or coerce innocent people into helping you out.

Also, it'd be great, since you guys do the private photoshoots, you could have a sign up of sorts at the table, or also use it to say, post organized photoshoot meetings, and all sorts of things. (sell photoprint copies to cosplayers of the pictures you take of them? That sort of thing. Actually someone was doing that last year at A-kon in the Komik Market at one of the tables...)

Anyway, it's just a thought. I understand the roving thing....sadly, I usually end up SLEEPING during the day, so I miss out on all the good picture action. :P (that, and being that I work in the Jpop room, I don't GENERALLY even MAKE it to the main convention area, except for those random runs to the dealer's room.)

Eurobeat King
06-03-2004, 03:06 AM
This will prolly be my last post before leaving for A-kon, and I can't wait to see everyone again or for the first time at A-kon 2004! :D I'll be arriving at 3:30am, so it's doubtful anyone will be up during that time, but I should be up and around around 6-6:30am, to begin the weekend of cosplayer pics!

I'm packing light, and NO costumes for the Eurobeat King, (not even Shinji, so my apologies to Kell and any EVA cosplayers who would've wanted to pose together for pics) but that means that I'll be concentrating on taking pics while in normal clothes all weekend!

Like Anime Central & Fanimecon, I hope to hit over 3000 pictures, so if you'd like to have your picture taken as I'd like to take a picture of you, please don't hesitate to approach me and say hello and ask for a picture (or 2 or 3). :) If I approach you, I'll request to take your picture, and then give you a cosplay.com business card. (It's been a year since A-kon 2003, so I'm very forgetful if I took your picture last year (or 2002) or if we chatted last year.) So PLEASE let me know who you are on cosplay.com if I don't recognize you, so that helps me remember a little from last year..

Also, the BIG cosplay.com photoshoot on Saturday has yet to be finalized, time & location TBD, but Admin will be getting there on Thursday to scope out the place, and so when I find out anything from him, feel free to ask me for more details and I'll tell you where & when to go.

And, please stop by if you're free during the evenings for our cosplay.com table-gatherings, where Admin will be showcasing his photo albums of pictures he's taken at cons and of photoshoots, while I'll be printing out the day's pictures of cosplayers, and pumping out some tunes which will consist of Super Eurobeat, ParaPara, Freestyle (latin dance), anime remixes, and some dance/techno music you might recognize! Location has yet TBD, but just listen & keep an eye out for us Friday & Saturday night!

See you all in Dallas on Friday morning!!

shin kurenai
06-03-2004, 03:30 AM
so psyched!!

everyone bring umbrellas. dallas has seen a lot of rain recently :3

i dont think its gonna give up this weekend either~

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
If it helps i'll be getting there even earlier. My flight lands at about 1 AM :thumbsup:

taiki
06-03-2004, 11:40 AM
I feel like a whore. I'm getting to Dallas a day early and I spent 3 bucks to check my livejournal and email. I got bored with the other 5 minutes left on the account.

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Do you have to check-in at 3pm or can you check in earlier? Because if you can't I think i'm screwed... :lost:

Tenya Muyo
06-03-2004, 01:12 PM
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEE_HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! A-KON!!!!! THE EVE OF A-KON!!!!!! :jjacks: (if you haven't noticed, i'm excited) Everyone traveling from different parts of the country, be safe! Those living in the D/FW area, I hope you are all alright; the storms the last couple of nights have been kowaii!! Blame not us Texans, it's Colorado sending all this stuff from their mountains, trying to destroy us!! :untrust: I'll see ya'll tomorrow morning! Let's get ready to par-teh! :bigtu:

Dosu137
06-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Cya all there ill be taking pictures of lots of people and cosplays

we need a time when everyone of Cosplay.com could just enter 1 room and be together ~.^

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
WEEEEEEEEEE! My first convention and I get to meet Psycho le Cemu!! :rockon: I'm sooooo excited right now. I really hope I get to meet some of you at the con. I'll be the wierd little girl in red taking pics of anyone and everything :dance: See ya there!

Space Invader
06-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll be getting there early Saturday morning to help Kyandichan and Ryosama with their makeup, and then changing dressphere (haha) into Edea. I hope the Cosplay.com group photo is Saturday afternoon so I can be in it! XD

See you all there! I can't wait!