PDA

View Full Version : Sailormoon at AN

Diagnosed
05-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone...

I guess Sailormoon is now kinda old (^^;;;;) but, I know there are still fans out there. I'm cosplaying as Minako in her elementary school uniform this year. (Don't worry, I'm not overweight. I know a lot of ppl have a problem with that. lol.) Anyways, I really wanted to meet up with some other people there. I've cosplayed for AN and CN in the past, but I think this year it would be fun if I met with some people. ^-^ My friends are all going as Naruto characters, so... -_-

Anyone interested, please post!!

Lyulf
05-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I believe dani is doing one of the scouts

hellbelle
05-07-2004, 06:19 PM
(wrong person posted)

dani
05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Yes. I'm Sailor Venus as part of a Sera-myu group. We were three sailors on TAC, and hopefully we'll go up to at least 5 for AN.
See you there

neko rinchan
05-09-2004, 12:50 PM
i'll be dressing as pgsm sailor v on friday... hope to see ya there!

the_tennyo
05-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Makes me want to do a Dark Sailor Mercury costume...*sigh* ah well...maybe next year if I go.

Kaijugal
05-10-2004, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Diagnosed](Don't worry, I'm not overweight. I know a lot of ppl have a problem with that. lol.)
QUOTE]

-_- " The fact that you had to add this disclaimer disturbs me.

Kilala
05-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi!
Unfortunatly this year im not cosplaying as a sailor moon character since I hadnt used my sewing machine for a while :woah: *lol and I also lacked the money for it.
But I am deffinetly going as a scout next year and....... I LOVE SAILOR MOON! Its the best!
Hope to see you there!

:heart: Kilala :heart:

Sailor Moon Roxs!

Diagnosed
05-10-2004, 08:50 PM
i'll be dressing as pgsm sailor v on friday... hope to see ya there!

Hey! nice nice! I'll look for ya! Hope your costume is coming along well! ^-^ I'm getting really excited about the con! This is gonna be my last one, I think since next year I'm off to University ^-^

Diagnosed
05-10-2004, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=Diagnosed](Don't worry, I'm not overweight. I know a lot of ppl have a problem with that. lol.)
QUOTE]

-_- " The fact that you had to add this disclaimer disturbs me.

Does it? Hahah I had just finished reading a rant about how some guy wants to ban all overweight cosplayers! XD But, I can see your point. It's one of those things that I probably shouldn't have written. *shrugs* get over it! ~_^

Diagnosed
05-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Awww... Too bad you aren't cosplaying this year! Hope you have fun anyways ~_^ If you see me say hi!

the_tennyo
05-10-2004, 11:54 PM
~_0 perhaps, you shouldn't post 3 times in a row :D *hint hint, edit button...* :P

I wonder how many Sailor Moon cosplayers there will be this year.
ooo next year if I go im gonna be Zoisite too from PGSM all the way along with Dark Sailor Mercury:D

Diagnosed
05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
he he he ^^;;; oh well... I guess Sailor Moon is too old now T_T *sigh* I should've done a villian.

Saffi
05-16-2004, 04:14 PM
*Grin* I'm hoping to have a *somewhat ghetto* version of Birdie made for CN Anime.. whether it will be ready in time or not is anybody's guess, but it'd be fun

-saff

S3RAS
05-17-2004, 12:56 PM
>> Hahah I had just finished reading a rant about how some guy wants to ban all overweight cosplayers! XD

-_-; Man, some of us are naturally 'big boned', nya.

Kaijugal
06-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Does it? Hahah I had just finished reading a rant about how some guy wants to ban all overweight cosplayers! XD But, I can see your point. It's one of those things that I probably shouldn't have written. *shrugs* get over it! ~_^

No, no, write what you feel. :) *grins* I was being somewhat cheeky there. :D It only disturbs me in the fact that it implies that fat cosplayers are persecuted doesn't it? It's the persecution that really disturbs me. It's pure nasty.

As for the rant by (whomever), Bah! There are many, many great "overweight" cosplayers, and no doubt many with much more depth in the brainpan. ;) Ban overweight cosplayers? What was he suggesting? Having a "No Fat People Allowed" sign at the front door and bouncers to enforce it?
LOL!
Ah humour abounds. ^_^

Tamoko
06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
o_O Its one thing to cosplay in a bikini and be fat and another thing to cosplay in a kimono or something that covers up in a kimono. I mean....wear what fat people wear and that they look good in.. x.x;

Elemental
07-03-2004, 04:41 PM
o_O Its one thing to cosplay in a bikini and be fat and another thing to cosplay in a kimono or something that covers up in a kimono. I mean....wear what fat people wear and that they look good in.. x.x;

Actually, that's where a really interesting double standard comes in. What is it exactly, that 'fat people' wear? How do you define 'fat' Is it a weight bracket? Then what about people who are very tall? How do you define what is normally a backhanded insult?

Several of my friends are larger. They have always chosen costumes that suit them quite well, and costumes that they carry. I fully support them in costuming, and am really glad they DO cosplay, rather than being embarassed they don't fit into the 'perfect figure' category.

And I've always said that so long as a person is comfortable in their own skin and has enough self confidence, they can wear whatever they want.

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that I never want to see a 300 pound Felicia in a fur bikini. (again)

I think it comes down to breaking the social boundries we've learned about figures- being large isn't necessairily bad or oughtright ugly. And if it does bug you, just look away. It isn't as though you are being forced to look at the person. It's a convention- there are plenty of distractions. :p
Just my 2 cents on a topic I rant about on regular occasion.

Amy the Yu
07-03-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm going to be doing Luna in her human form. I don't know which day though...

I'm only making her cause I have too much black tulle right now that I would rather use up rather than stuff into storage.

She was the first character I really wanted to cosplay way back when. I loved her dress as soon as I set my eyes on it in the manga when I was 11, so finally gonna fulfill that childhood dream of owning that dress...

I think people typically prefer "skinnier" cosplayers cause the whole point of cosplaying is to look like the character, and most anime characters look anarexic. -_-;;

If I saw someone really skinny doing a Di Gi Charat costume, I'd probably think it wasn't very well thought out cause all the characters in that are chubby and cute.

On the flip side, someone overweight (and I mean by a lot) really shouldn't cosplay someone like Naga from Slayers. Saw that a couple of years ago at AN and I think it still stands as one of the WORST thought out costumes I've ever seen.

I just like costumes that fit the cosplayer. No matter how well made it is, I don't really like costumes unless the cosplayer looks like the character when they're in costume. That's the reason I cosplay characters like Ten Ten and Tohru. When I put on the costume, I just look like the character (even though I'm tall and thin, my face is chubby and typical "Asian school girl" looking), so I don't really care that Ten Ten's such an underappreciated, almost obscure, character.

I'm thin...and I like it that way cause being thin as opposed to heavy, I require less fabric, and I'm cheap as hell, so less fabric is good. -_-;;