PDA

View Full Version : who's not done/ prepared 2004

quadrain61
05-07-2004, 08:46 PM
5 days and counting until AZ. Who's not done preparing for AZ?

Costumes, gear, hotel, etc.

FRANK THE BUNNY
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
i just heard about it last week, so im try in to get every thing done, all i got done so far is finding a hotel. im tryin to have 3 differnt costumes but i'll probably only get one or 2 done

Shadablade
05-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Im mostly set hotelwise (money is another matter) But im gonna have to re-work the handels on my anderson blades as I just got some better screenshots and ive got the bloody things planned backwards *L* So all in all i think it will wind up coming down to the wire...like last year....and year before....Ahh routine :D

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 10:48 PM
*sigh* i have to completely finish the main part of my Chocobo costume, hem a cloak, finish altering a trenchcoat, find a pair of guys' green shorts, make paws for two friends, finish a collar/leash, finish a tail and a pair of gloves, save some money up, sleep and uh.... sew a lot more that i dun wanna type =P

Anjierusu
05-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Shooooooot, I'm just getting started. ^__^;;

Room is done. had that a long time ago. and I'm pretty sure I have all the money I need. But, my costume on the other hand. it's almost finished actually... But I have to make my staff. My father promised me he would get my wood, for the fourth time now... and that was weeks ago. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my staff. But my skirt is almost finished. I'm suddenly having MAJOR troubles with my machine... I'm just one piece away. One last piece, and then hemming. I'm so close. and then my machine starts to screw me over. If I have to, I'll just do the whole thing by hand. Running out of time! >_<

But let's see, what else? Oh right. My transportation is assured. The only thing I'm having trouble with really, is getting my mother to let me go. Only a few people know why that's a problem... Put bluntly, my mother is a psychopathic bitch of an abusive parent, who constantly lies to me. Great fun, eh? :sulk:

But I have a few 'insurances' that will keep my chances of going in order. If anyone's interested. Check Le Livejournal.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/angelus_lviathn/

Go back a good number of entries. ^_^

Anyway. Other than all that, I'm almost done. and done is good! :bigtu:

onnawufei
05-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Hell, it wouldn't be a con without me rushing up to the last minute. I'll still be preparing the night before the con, and maybe a little that morning. *L* It's just my way.

I have most of my costume stuff done, but I'm still looking for a couple little pieces and waiting for at least one bit to arrive in the mail. We have our room, and I'm waiting to see how much money I'll have. Money is ALWAYS an issue. *L* Ah well, such is life. :razz:

Farmboybob
05-08-2004, 12:07 PM
I done with everything except for my Red-Haired Unknown. Hopefully I'll have the coat finished in about a week and I'll have the weapons painted soon. Everything else is all set. For once, I may be ready....ON TIME! (gasp)

IXArachneXI
05-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm so not done! I have half my Kaede costume and nothing but a wig for my second costume...

meedlymee
05-08-2004, 07:51 PM
im only going to the con for a day, the saturday. i keep thinking my costume is finished and then ill find something else i want to add to it, its chii, theres like ten thousand things you can do with that thing.

GreatSG
05-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm never prepared for anything.

Kasumiangel
05-08-2004, 09:24 PM
The only thing ready for me is the room and the passes. My costume is still in pieces in a bucket. My hubby's costume is barely started (the body cast is downstairs in the garage, but we haven't started the armor yet). The kid's costumes haven't really been started yet either, although I do have the materials for one of them. ::pauses in post:: I ought to probably get off the computer now and get busy. ^_^

GreatSG
05-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey! It's KasumiAngel from Go-Gaia, tis me, SG Kastumoto the press guy.

As for my two costumes, all i'm awaiting is the arrival of my labcoat and I'll be set.

zephy
05-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Well my registration, my room and my transportation is all taken care of. My friends and I are leaving at 9 and driving 9 hours down I-95 :)

Right now I'm working on preparing 3 or so costumes for the con and hope they will be done ... Edel, Paine, EGL.... *pulls out hair* if I didn't have exams, it would be so much easier

DancingVampire
05-09-2004, 07:22 AM
I'm finishing up my costume today, ::breathes deeply:: I'm done early for once. I live near the hotel to transporation and shelter is covered. (I'm ussally up sewing the night before the con)

Kasumiangel
05-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi SG. :)

No fair, I want my costume to be finishing up today. Oh well. Back to the cosplay room.

Rei2Rei
05-09-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm almost done~! *Falls over*

I just have to finish my costumes..

Only 18 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes left! :D

FRANK THE BUNNY
05-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Im gettin my 3-day passes ready today.

and i have a hotel.

and almost have my lupin the 3rd costume done.

my only problem so far is........

WHERE THE HELL DO U FIND A RED OR GREEN SPORTCOAT!

Farmboybob
05-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Have you tried goodwill yet? I can always find lotsa good stuff there.

Kaicyios
05-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Hell, it wouldn't be a con without me rushing up to the last minute. I'll still be preparing the night before the con, and maybe a little that morning. *L* It's just my way.

I have most of my costume stuff done, but I'm still looking for a couple little pieces and waiting for at least one bit to arrive in the mail. We have our room, and I'm waiting to see how much money I'll have. Money is ALWAYS an issue. *L* Ah well, such is life. :razz:

I completely agree! Last year my friends and I walked in around 9AM and saw everyone in costume. So we decided to run back to the hotel and finish up the costumes there. We didn't get done until around 4PM or so. ( I really don't remember what time it was. ) After being bombarded by photos and fangirls we made it just in time for opening ceremonies. ( I was Chichiri in the Fushigi Yugi group. )

I'm in the final stages of preparations. I just need to confirm a few things.

Costume............. ^_^;

As far as money goes, you can never have too much money. I spent half of the day in the dealers room saturday. I only had 35 cents left when I got home. :rofl: I'm going to need someone to hold me back in the dealers room this year. Oh well, I can always live off oreos when my funds run out.

End Lifeking
05-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Well I plan to go as Roronoa Zoro, and I have my props completely finished. ::shows bandaged hands:: Instead of making his swords the easy way(which Im not sure if there is an easy way) or buying some toy swords. I went out to a local home improvement store(for safety sake I will leave it at that) and bought some wood and used a file.......Well they are done and it cost me around $8.00 altogether, but as for the clothing part.......I NEED TO FIND THE PANTS, AND SHIRT but as for the shoes, I will just use some old boots. That is not even the half of it, my friend and I need to figure out where another hotel is since we were unable to reserve one at the con itself, and I need to figure out how much money I need for food and anime con items...but I really only care about the anime con stuff.

Kilayi
05-09-2004, 08:58 PM
hmm... i didn't count actual food into my stash.... all i have is highly caffinated/sugary stuff.... i had better buy more XD

I have 3.5 out of 4 costumes done after a trip to a thrift store Saturday.... Go me! XP

End Lifeking
05-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah!!!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THE SNACKS!!!.........So that takes alittle bit out of my money worries for food, because as long as I have some doritos and soda Im fine......I wish I could cosplay as someone else(originally wanted to cosplay as Roronoa Zoro and Tochiro Oyama but I didn't have the hat or cloak ::head drop:: ) but I guess I will just make my own version of an agent from Matrix

lumichan
05-09-2004, 10:57 PM
I still have to finish styling my wig...darn thing is driving me insane. 0 It seems so far away, yet so close!

onnawufei
05-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Bwahahaha! (I've been doing that a lot lately) I am like 98% done with my costumes, I'm soooooooooo pleased. (This will be a first!)

Though I have a crapload of snack making before the con to do. I'm never truly ready ahead of time.

Lovelyangel_81
05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Hotel room=set costumes=not done. ^^;;

I buying snacks and other goodies a day before AZ.

nixxer
05-10-2004, 12:51 PM
waaaaaaah, my costume isnt done and I dont know how to finish it cause I cant find the last freakin' piece I need, all I need is a green vest...seems simple enough but those things are a lot harder to find then what I originally thought. Ive been to goodwill, salvation army, army surplus stores...everywhere and still nothing....gah! Other then that I have room, Im saving money, hopefully I'll have that covered when its time to leave and I'll be living off snacks cause my money is going to cool stuff not food (priorities :D ) its coming up quick, I looked at calendar today and realized its not far away at all....eeeep! :thumbsup: hopefully things will fall into place, Im gonna need a vacation after all this x.x

GreatSG
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
WHERE THE HELL DO U FIND A RED OR GREEN SPORTCOAT!

My brother found a nice green sports coat at Goodwill, it was only five bucks too, so check your local thifts store.

DancingVampire
05-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Wahhhh...! I did'nt finish.... so close... almost done... stupid arse Vulgar Kaoru Jacket...
and after this I get to work on my origanal EGL outfit, or I can just wear my normal clothes which are wierd enough to be viewed as a costume....

DDR Faery Spice
05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
I need to get my printer hooked up and configured so I can print out to decals/transfers I'm gonna try and sell at AZ. I have one t-shirt(my favorite so far...I love t-shirt wisdom!!!) that says "Bite Me, I'm A Masochist", and I'm selling transfers that say "Got Yaoi?" in the "Got Milk?" font and style. Yay, fangirl stuff! But yeah, two weeks till con time? There's no way I'm done. I'm 75% done with Jaime's Usoppu costume, and my Nami costume is approximately 30% done....but it's not very difficult, so I'll be okay. Room & transport are okay thanks to my BF, and ticket and food are straight, courtesy of the Sake Ninjas. And all I have to do is wear the Sake One apron and be a cute fangirl. w00t! But yeah....Not too stressed about AZ. Wish I'd be able to have more money to spend, though....;_;

onnawufei
05-10-2004, 10:18 PM
My costume stuff is going eerily well. O_O Today I got almost everything I need (basically everything else is just extra stuff) and magically after a day of looking my friend found almost everything he needed for his Casey Jones costume in one store. It's weird. Things NEVER fall together for us this way.

I'm waiting for something to go wrong. It has to!

Hikaruchan
05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Right now looks like I probably won't have a new costume ready for AZ. Just will have to do a little repair work on what I already have.

liz-maru
05-11-2004, 07:26 AM
i still have tons of work to do on ALL of my costumes omg *_* *dies*

DancingVampire
05-11-2004, 09:09 AM
My Kaoru boots came in! Finnally you can check them out in my gallery! ::hugs them:: YAY! These were my sole reason for making this costume just so I could order those boots!!!! ^____^ ::happy:: ::retreats back into the boring study hall of 4th period::

meedlymee
05-11-2004, 12:19 PM
oh man i just now ordered my wig, hopefully it comes in on time. she said it wouldnt be a problem, but i have really short red hair..very un-chii like.

RHIshida
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
I have ALOT of crap to do.

Finish costumes (Two of them in fact...)
Get Hotel room

DDR Faery Spice
05-14-2004, 02:54 PM
hope there's still some open rooms, jazon...
anyway, finishing up usoppu and nami and the flag tomorrow. I'll post Mondto everyone know if I actually finished(gasp!) a week early!

Farmboybob
05-14-2004, 03:17 PM
I'll be painting my weapons hopefully NEXT saturday.

Kilayi
05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
heh getting some of my stuff done slowly ><.....
but hey we're all getting there.... even if some of us will be working on things on the way up XD

GreatSG
05-15-2004, 02:59 PM
heh getting some of my stuff done slowly ><.....
but hey we're all getting there.... even if some of us will be working on things on the way up XD

my costumes are ready as far as I am concerned.

ShatteredSunset
05-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Mine is not done at all. Panic. Panic >_>

IXArachneXI
05-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Me and my sister got our wigs today. That makes me feel ALOT better. But it's not fair, she can wear the same wig for both costumes but I had to shell out for two wigs. poopy. And now it's time for the massive shopping trip to the fabric shop. Stupid Hancock's closed at 6 today so we were forced to reschedule. Stupid Hancock's. They should have know I was coming today. XD

Tsumanne
05-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I'll be going as Asuma Shinohara from Patlabor (See Avatar). It's new, but not. I wore it at Katsucon, but I could only be there after 7:30 pm every day because I worked the entire weekend of the con. I'll be getting there late again. I proboly wont make it untill about 10:30 Sat night. But at least I'll have Sunday. Just need to do a few small alterations that I didn't get done before Katsucon. Like adding a blue trim to the shirt. And maybe I'll delve into the shoulder patch.

Neko Cathy
05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
::raises hand:: Still trying to fnd a bodice :\ oh well

onnawufei
05-17-2004, 08:23 AM
For the first Monday in WEEKS my best friend and I don't have to hunt down costume bits, and now we have no clue what to do. *L* This is weird.

Though I still have a crapload of candy to make, so I'm not anywhere near done.

Finding Beauty
05-17-2004, 11:47 AM
I've got my hotel reservation and -- at least -- a clear-cut definition of what costumes I'm doing. Unfortunately, I'm making my own and that of a friend, and helping another friend, so the hotel reservation is about *all* I have done. I have transportation 'cos I'm in Greenville and Durham's not *that* far away. But . . . wow, I'm starting to feel the crunch of pressure.

DDR Faery Spice
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM
10 days left! And I haven't finished ANYTHING yet...well, I at least got the collar off of the shirt I'm transforming into Nami-ness....I need to get cracking, but I've got my Senior Exit paper and a novel project to finish before the con. OI. >.<

quadrain61
05-20-2004, 08:05 PM
LOL I haven't began to start packing.

GreatSG
05-21-2004, 03:29 PM
LOL I haven't began to start packing.

I'll probably start packing Wednesday, Got most everything ready.

Costumes: Check
Regular Clothes: Check
Camera: Need to pick up
Digital cam: Check
Food stuffs: Need to pick up wednesday
Mage Knight figures: Check
PS2 and movies to watch: Check
Car: In working order
Everything else: Check.

Kilayi
05-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Me.... i havent gathered a bit...
Costumes: most done but scattered everywhere
Food: (which i mean candy/ramen) Check
Regular clothes: in washer
Camera: pending if going digital
Manga: check
Art crap: check
Kamin: check
sleep: needs improvement in this area XD

onnawufei
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM
I guess I should do a trial run on my costumes before the actual con, huh? Hmmm... I should definately do that. BUT I have all my costume stuff done, aside from hair doodles, bobby pins and other such extras.

I shall be packing the day before we leave, which will more than likely run into the morning of the day we leave. XD

Kilayi
05-22-2004, 10:18 PM
I shall be packing the day before we leave, which will more than likely run into the morning of the day we leave. XD
As it looks now... I shall do the same! Exams suck, but at least they're not Wed/Thursday... XP

SakeNinja2
05-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy We Are Getting Drtubnkj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coufgar We Loveeeeeeeeeeee Youuuuuuuuu! And The Latin Heat Is Saving Himself For Animazement To Party Down With All You Hot Ladies (as We All Are) Especially Cougar Ninja) Please Pardon Our Drubnken State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~111

RHIshida
05-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Holy crap, I haven't gotten my wig, made my cloak, made the demon gun or even purchased the boots for it! >_<;;;;;;

SakeNinja2
05-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Crap I we haven[t gotten sober. We need to be sober to GET to AZ, then we be unb-sober all weekend. Wee stil need to get out sake ninja costurem ready; which involes gettng losts of alochols as "props" for the sake ninja clans! Thanks for all of yous coming to OUR con, kniown as ANIMAZEMENT. All you con are beling to use!

DDR Faery Spice
05-24-2004, 04:50 PM
wow. I hereby declare that any Ninja who touches a computer while inebriated shall be confined in a room without alcohol for a week.
But anyway, I have my "normal" clothes together, my bathing suit there with them, toiletries set, and the Faery costume ready to go. All I really need to do is finish Nami and get everyting PACKED. Then pick up a danish at some point before the con. Hey, put that way, it seems like I don't have as much to do! Yay!!!!! See you all soon!!:3

quadrain61
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna pack Wed night and carry my year thur morning through japanese exam. Oh here we go, Japanese class, they are gonna ask some dumb ass questions like they always do. Even the teacher is getting on my nerves telling me that I spend a lot of money on my gear (Laptop and digital camera). God I hate a lot of people in that class.

Anyways. I finally got something to tell time when at the con.

nixxer
05-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll be packing up wednesday night, since I have class thursday morning and work thursday night, then I leave....and still Im not even remotely ready....con stress is killing me ::dies:: x_x anyway, atleast I'll be happy to see everyone there and hang out with friends I havent seen in a while. It'll be so much fun.

Oshi
05-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Hm. Well I havn't even started Ninja Link, if I decide to even do it. It's optional, yknow.
Packing I leave til Wednesday. *shrug*

DDR Faery Spice
05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
...Ninja Link???

I'm packing Wednesday, just sort of collecting everything today. d00d, two more days! I'm hopefully gonna finish costume tonight. Wish meh luxx0rz.

Oshi
05-25-2004, 03:53 PM
...Ninja Link???Yeah! Cmon, don't tell me you havn't seen The Return of Gannondorf :o
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/105053

But yeah, real simple costume, should take me 3 hours of straight work tops...

SakeNinja2
05-25-2004, 04:28 PM
FYI; I just saw they posted the tentative convention schedule on their site.

Here's the Sake Ninjas' brief summary;

Thursday:
2pm - start drinking
-
-
-
-
-
-
4am pass out

Friday
2pm - wake up, start drinking again
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5am - pass out

Saturday - repeat Friday

Hitakino Kage
05-25-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm more or less ready. My main costume, the one I'll be wearing for cosplay is done. Work scheduled off after a breif panic of them scheduling me. Room and registration long done. I've just got my secondary costume I'll be wearing friday and saturday to sew together(It's presently in peices on the gorund in the den), and ALL THE PACKING. Snacks and such I plan on picking up at the Cary BJ's store. (#110. Yes, I work at a BJs Store. 110's GM is my old GM, I home to catch him there while I'm there.). I have swtarted NO packing, and I've basically got 8 hours free time until I have to go. Need packing and sewing done. So I'd better get started on sewing, I've got 1 and a half hours to do that tonight before I need to go to bed... ugh. Just decided to do this Tylor thing pretty much earlier today.

quadrain61
05-25-2004, 05:13 PM
[/off topic]Hmmm I wonder if I should go to the Japanese language thing they have, after going through one year of it already. (exams thur)

SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
すし!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna pack clothes tonight...maybe not

Lovelyangel_81
05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
I am already packed. I still have to work on my costumes though, but I don't have much to do with them. I will be finish working on them tomorrow. I need to go food shopping on Thursday. ^^

quadrain61
05-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Good Luck To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
皆 頑張って!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mina Ganbatte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evaneko
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
>.< I'm not done yet. I've ended up cutting down all my costumes to just one- and its not even quite done. grrrrrrrrrr... stupid STUPID school!!!! On a happier note I'm really really close to being done with the art I'm bringing to sell XD

RHIshida
05-27-2004, 05:34 AM
I'll have to hold off on Kaze till the next con I go to. I haven't been able to purchase the cloak, wig, boots, nor make the demon gun due to lack of funds, (I also changed my signature to denote which costumes I will be bringing.)

DancingVampire
05-27-2004, 05:43 AM
I just realised my carpool has to go with me to drop me off at the con after school... I hope I don't scar them to badly (Makes a mental note to herself to take drivers ED ::gru,ble I keep putting it off::)
I still have to charge my camreas, cell phone, pack makeup and do my homework for Fri. scince my school is only a little way away and a have an arts final that day I cant miss .___. .... Oh welll..... I also cant seem to get my hair styled quite right for my kaoru outfit but Im beyhond caring bc the costumes finally done.... I'm more worried about making it through Fri at school without killing anyone . :dance:

Hikaruchan
05-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Still not done, getting ready to pack car - so sewing machine is going to as have a bit to finish to make Miaka wearable by Saturday -> so sewing either tonight or Friday night. :P

evaneko
05-28-2004, 06:04 AM
-.-;; friday morning and I'm STILL not done with my costume... but I'm really close! Just a few finishing touches. I coudn't finish it last night because I was up until the crack of dawn finishing up my pictures... it took so much longer than it should have >.< but they're done!!

DancingVampire
05-28-2004, 07:00 AM
::waves flags:: good luck everyone!

DancingVampire
05-28-2004, 07:00 AM
:untrust: I'm at school bah....