PDA

View Full Version : Hall Cosplay?

Rei2Rei
05-09-2004, 09:20 AM
I was looking at the AZ website the other day and I saw that they are goin' to have a Hall Cosplay Contest.

http://www.animazement.org/hall_cosplay.html

I was just wondering if anyone was planning on going to that?

My friend wants to go to it and says I should go to, but I don't know. x.x
I don't really understand how it works! :thumbsup:

~Rei2Rei

FRANK THE BUNNY
05-09-2004, 10:19 AM
whats the difference between that and t he other costume contest?

is it in the halls of the hotel?

GreatSG
05-09-2004, 10:26 AM
whats the difference between that and t he other costume contest?

is it in the halls of the hotel?

I think it's like a costume exhibition, you just come forth show off your costume and that's that kind of deal.

FRANK THE BUNNY
05-09-2004, 10:28 AM
oh, that seems fun

Kasumiangel
05-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Most of the our group probably will be participating. We're doing the cosplay competition thing as well. I love showing off my costumes. I mean I put a lot of work and effort into them. I want people to see them.

Rei2Rei
05-09-2004, 12:13 PM
What exactly is it, though? Is it a competition or just something where you show them off?

Also, does anyone know where it's being held?

Lyn
05-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Rei2Rei - Hall cosplay means judging without having to go on stage. You go into a room and stand in front of a judge or 2 and they ask you questions about the costume and you show it off and stuff. Some cons even have a person taking pictures of your costume (but that tends to be only for the big cons, I've never been to AZ before) and they judge it. Then at some time in the con, either at the Cosplay or during the Closing Ceremonies (and in the case of AZ, they say its at the Cosplay Contest) they announce the winners. There is usually several winners for each day as to whoever they thought had the best costumes that day.

Oh, and if you do enter it, make sure you bring reference pictures. That helps a lot. Otherwise the judges may have no idea if the costume is accurate or not. ^^; And for most cons, you can't enter the same costume in both the Hall Contest and the Main Cosplay Contest. But you can enter both of them, just with different costumes. It's pretty much a way for people who dont' want to go out on stage to get a chance to win something.

I considered doing Hall for this con but I don't think any of the costumes I'm bringing are worthy of it. ^^; I only like being judged for craftsmanship if I actually made the whole costume and I didn't make the pants for any of the costumes I'm bringing so I don't feel like I made the entire thing. (Though I do suppose I can have them just judge the parts I did make since at Katsucon they let you chose what parts you wanted judged for Craftsmanship awards.)

Kilayi
05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Yay! i was hoping that AZ would have a Hall Cosplay... I cant go on stage very well XP

Hikaruchan
05-11-2004, 12:30 AM
I am just wondering who is judging it

liz-maru
05-11-2004, 07:21 AM
omg that is so awesome *_* i cant wait!! so you should bring a reference pic hu?? i can do that ^_^_^_^ that is cool they talk to you about your costume and stuff as well, im excited about being in the hall contest! and rei you totally should as well!! ^-^

Rei2Rei
05-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks Lyn, that helped a lot~ :heart:

Liz, I think I will! :D

Rei2Rei
05-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Anyone know where this is being held?? :confused:

fairel
05-23-2004, 02:15 PM
I have a lot of questions about it too, cuz I was not planning on doing a skit if I do the cosplay contest.. I was just going to go up on stage and do a little showing off of costume with music or something.

Can you really do both the hall contest and the cosplay contest?? I emailed them and asked but havn't gotten a response just yet.

At AWA we do the hall cosplay thing but it ties in with the costume contest as well and the awards are usually about the costumes and not about the skits.

I guess they will be able to answer our questions when we get there, but I wish they had more info on the site because if you can only do one.. then I don't know which one to do. I think I would feel like i missed out if I just did the hall cosplay because then I wouldn't be able to show my costume on stage.

Archelon
05-23-2004, 06:57 PM
What time is the hall contest? Is it during the main cosplay contest?

Rei2Rei
05-23-2004, 08:12 PM
It's ganna be held from 4 PM to 5 PM. Then during the main Cosplay Contest they're going to say who wins. Yes yes..

Archelon
05-23-2004, 08:15 PM
What time is the main cosplay contest? Hmm. 'Cause I wouldn't mind doing the Hall Cosplay, but I wouldn't be able to do my RE4 Leon costume, since I'm using that in a skit for the main contest. So I guess either my King Mickey or Spike. If I do my Spike though, I need to have enough time to go back to the hotel and wash my hair to get all the green out so I can have my normal brown hair for my Leon costume. If I do my Mickey, it won't matter about my hair, 'cause you won't even see it as Mickey.

Rei2Rei
05-24-2004, 02:35 PM
AZ finally e-mailed me back! This is what they said:

The Hall Costume Contest is going to be on Saturday (from 4 PM to 5PM) and will be in the Auditorium room (unless something changes at the last moment). Signs should be posted outside the room to let you know where the contest is as well. Also, you don't have to have a reference picture with you, but if you would like to bring a picture to show the judges you can. The winners will be announced during the Main Cosplay Event.

Archelon
05-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Sounds good. Should I or shouldn't I? Hmm.

Rei2Rei
05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
You should~! :wave:

Archelon
05-24-2004, 03:54 PM
I think I will. I just don't know what costume I'd use. 'Cause, though I'd like to use my RE4 Leon costume, I'm going to be in the main cosplay contest with that one. Sooooooo, I could probably do my Spike Spiegel costume or my Kingdom Hearts 2 King Mickey costume. Though seeing as how hot it will be in NC this weekend, I might not bring my Mickey costume. Too much black cloth. And does anyone know when the main cosplay contest is going to be? 'Cause I think I'm going to need at least a half an hour to an hour's time to switch from Spike to Leon. Gotta get all the green out of my hair.

HurricaneSpence
05-25-2004, 08:52 PM
So I guess we're still assuming you can do both that and the main contest with the same costume? Cuz i'd like to perhaps do both, but i've only the one costume.

silverwolf
05-25-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm doing the hall costume contest! I just gotta remember. I should put a note on my forehead that reads: Hall contest at 4-5 in Auditorium. Don't forget, stupid!

Hitakino Kage
05-26-2004, 11:52 AM
I think I will. I just don't know what costume I'd use. 'Cause, though I'd like to use my RE4 Leon costume, I'm going to be in the main cosplay contest with that one. Sooooooo, I could probably do my Spike Spiegel costume or my Kingdom Hearts 2 King Mickey costume. Though seeing as how hot it will be in NC this weekend, I might not bring my Mickey costume. Too much black cloth. And does anyone know when the main cosplay contest is going to be? 'Cause I think I'm going to need at least a half an hour to an hour's time to switch from Spike to Leon. Gotta get all the green out of my hair.

If I recall correctly, main cosplayers need to meet in that same room around 6-7 or so. Of course, things could easily have changed this year.

And I'll definitely be going for stage. We have a skit and everything, and I doubt either of mine are anywhere near good enough for hall, anyway.

Archelon
05-26-2004, 01:18 PM
None of mine are good enough for hall, but I wouldn't mind just trying it out to see what it's like.