PDA

View Full Version : Anime North Art Auction

neko rinchan
05-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Does anybody know how the art auction works, and who the profits go to? thanx.

BakaElf
05-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Does anybody know how the art auction works, and who the profits go to? thanx.

If I recall correctly (and I don't know if I do) they have little tags on the art and it's a silent-auction-type thing. I'll write my name down and say $15, someone else might come along and write $18, I might come back and write $25. I believe that's how it goes, I've never really done it.

In the past I'm pretty sure the profit's gone to Sick Kids. ^_^ I don't see that it would change.

Anyone's free to correct me, of course. *shrug*

Arcueid
05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
i believe the auction profits go to the artist of the piece sold. something else goes to sick kids, though i'm sorry to say i dont know exactly what :thumbsup:

neko rinchan
05-11-2004, 05:28 PM
oh-kay... and if i wanted to enter a piece or two into the auction, would i just bring it to the con with me or is there a special form i need to fill out?

Sarcasm-hime
05-11-2004, 05:41 PM
You would have had to enter it into the art show awhile back...I'm not sure if they have any space left. Basically for next time, you contact the head of the art show (not the artists' alley) and ask for the art show registration papers. Then you send in the papers, listing which pieces of art you're entering for the auction, how much is your starting price, your name, etc.