PDA

View Full Version : Art Thief

peacecraft
06-11-2002, 07:02 PM
A bit off topic, but I've taken it upon myself to warn the Anime Fan community about an art thief.

The owner of this site:

http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/animerulez/My

She also has a media miner account that also contains stolen and miscredited pictures.

is taking art directly from artbooks and FROM OTHER FAN ARTIST and claiming to have drawn it herself. My own work is on her site, incorrectly credited to her (Its the Jubei-Chan picture). She claims to have colored it in photoshop, when in fact it was hand colored by me, so she couldn't even get the medium right in her description.

If you know any of the other artists from who she has stolen (which should be easy to see, since she didn't even remove the other artists' signatures from a lot of them), please let them know so that they can contact Angelfire and get this site shut down.

Please support the fanart community. This sort of crap should not be allowed to flourish.

-Thanks
Chris Hazelton

Also, if you have the time or inclination, write her and complain, or write Angelfire and complain.

Thanks for your time. :)

Pfew! Back to cosplay.

kelldar
06-11-2002, 09:59 PM
art thieves suck!!!! I've had mine ripped before so I know how you feel ><; I'll definitely report it to angelfire, too. yuck :P

Lady Somairot
06-12-2002, 11:25 AM
i just tried to go, and got this message:

"The Angelfire site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption. "

i forget about this bandwidth stuff, but isn't it something like say, you have an image that someone, oh STEALS, only when they post it on their page, they use YOUR source code and don't bother oploading it to their page? something like that? >_< that would mean that the owner of that site didn't even bother to make it remotely look like their own work. o_O though i guess leaving someone else's signature on the works constitutes the same auro of stupidity.

O_O

peacecraft
06-12-2002, 01:04 PM
no. They're not pulling it from my page. They just copied it onto their server. Hence the bandwidth issues. So far I've called Lycos/Angelfire, Faxed them and e-mailed them. After the first e-mail, they sent me a reply asking me for a helluva lot of stuff that was basically designed to disuade me from continuing with my claim. I faxed them every last thing anyway, and now they won't get back to me. I'll just call and write twice a day until they call to shut me up I guess.

pookie-kun
06-12-2002, 01:26 PM
If angelfire refuses to do anything about it, they are in breach if international copyright laws by helping enable someone else to breach them.

..Er.. :)

peacecraft
06-12-2002, 02:09 PM
'ts ok. I got the whole site shut down. God bless my entertainment law experience...

Granted it'll probably just be moved somewhere else, so its a small victory, but a victory none the less.

Nyoko
06-12-2002, 05:49 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Huggs peacecraft* you got rid of the bad guys!!!!!!!!

Adella
06-12-2002, 10:26 PM
peacecraft my friend, never to worry. Nothing is off topic here. In fact.. you can take the threads wherever you want. We aren't NAZI's about staying on topic at all. ^_^ freedom of speech on the internet!

Ranma Saotome
06-12-2002, 10:33 PM
My friend Jesse on AOL e-mailed me about this earlier this AM. I went and flamed her.