PDA

View Full Version : OMIGOD! It's Pink!

TenkaiSei
05-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi!

Despite my protests, my cosplay pals have coerced me to wear a pixie style outfit that is really blinking pink! (I donít know why but I can wear pink -I shouldnít be able to wear pink!) The question is this: Since I will be wearing gobs of pastel/carnation pink what sort of makeup palette should I stick to? Normally since Iím very Mediterranean looking (olive skin, dark brown hair, hazel eyes, yadda yadda) I stick to earth hues or light purples, but Iím not sure what sort of makeup would complete this outfit best...especially since Iím going to be covered in sparkles to boot!

Thanks!
Tenkaisei

Miyavi
05-11-2004, 02:13 PM
A dull going to a hot pink eye shadow and hot pink lipstick and silver face pen(a pen that you put a little on you cheeks and rub on.) It sould be very lovely

Maryssa
05-24-2004, 01:43 AM
I've always gone by the rule to never match your makeup to your clothes, match it to your face/complexion. If you have olive skin, pink will probably look terrible on your face. It honestly is somewhat tacky to wear pink lipstick and pink eyeshadow with a pink outfit. You want makeup to accentuate the features of your face, not blind people.

Sparki
05-24-2004, 01:00 PM
I totally agree with Maryssa on this one. It's usually a big mistake to try to match makeup to clothes. Go with the makeup you know looks good.

Olivia
05-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Have you ever seen the music video for "Papa Don't Preech" by Kelly Osbourne? The make-up for that would be cute for an all-pink ensemble.

For her eyes, she lined them with white and colored the inside corners of her eyes white. In the middle, she putt hot pink eyeshadow, and then for flair, she putt black eyeshadow on the outside corners. I don't know, I think a smokey eye with a nude pink lip color would look really cute with an all pink outfit. You know, pink is such a sweet color, and smokey eyes are edgy. I think it would work.

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-01-2004, 04:43 PM
I agree, go with your complexion rather than the outfit. I would suggest a deep, faded rose lipstick for darker skin. As for eye makeup, I can't really suggest anything because I don't use it.

Bright pink lipstick is very hard to pull off. I have extremely pale skin, and even I can't pull it off. Soft pink yes, but bright pink never.