PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay/ Hall Cosplay/ Masquerade and Guests

NeikoRae
05-11-2004, 09:33 PM
hello all,
I was just reading up on the various cosplays and have found myself confused, i understand regualr cosplay, getting on stage and doing a skit but can some one explain the hallway cosplay?

and im supposing when they said masquerade they ment cosplay cause i was looking around and could not find a specific masquerade...

and also, what does anime next do with its guests is it them giving lectures or signing autographs? hmm?

Thanks!
:confused: :rockon:

DemonSquirrel
05-11-2004, 09:46 PM
hallway cosplay is basically costumes on display that were made by cosplayers and such.

Emeralda
05-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Hall Cosplay Contest=Contest on Friday and Saturday where you just come and get judged for your costume

Masquerade= Saturday night stage contest

Keep checking back within the next few weeks and we should have a schedule posted regardings guest's panels and their signing times.

hyde
05-11-2004, 10:35 PM
walk around in your costume and get judged for craft. you don't need to act. masquerade on the other hand is where you do the skit and you get judged ALSO on your cosplay. hall is much easier, especially if you have stage fright.

NeikoRae
05-12-2004, 05:50 AM
so for hallway you just go to that hall and hand in the papers/ questions and they judge you at that time it is... or is it just random?

Thanks alot, this really helped me understand! ^_^

DarkMgcnGirl
05-12-2004, 12:44 PM
so for hallway you just go to that hall and hand in the papers/ questions and they judge you at that time it is... or is it just random?

Thanks alot, this really helped me understand! ^_^

Hall Costume Contest Coordinator here ...

The Hall Costume Contest will be held in the same room as the Cosplay judging from what I understand. But you would fill out a form, we'll take your picture and then the judges will ask you a couple questions and get a closer look at your costume.

If anyone has any questions about the Hall Costume Contest feel free to PM me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

echocharlie
05-14-2004, 01:26 PM
and also, what does anime next do with its guests is it them giving lectures or signing autographs? hmm?

Guests hold panels where people can hear them talk and ask them questions. And yes, there will be autograph sessions too.