PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay FAQ

Emeralda
05-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My friends and I just want to wear costumes, but don't want to enter any contests. Do we still have to sign up?
A: No. If you just want to hang out with friends, meet new people and wear a costume, you do NOT have to sign up for anything.

Q: Do I need a badge to enter the contest?
A: Yes. You will need a badge to enter all areas of the convention; this includes the Cosplay and Hall Cosplay.

Q: Do I have to make my costume myself?
A: If you are going to be judged for CRAFTSMANSHIP, either in the main Masquerade, or the Hall Contest. Then yes, you will have had to had made your costume, or assisted greatly in its creation. If you have a commissioned or store bought costume, you may still compete, but please, presentation only.

Q: What is the difference between Hall Cosplay and the Masquerade?
A: The Hall Costume Contest is solely for Craftsmanship, while the Masquerade focuses on Craftsmanship AND Performance. If you get stage fright easily, you might want to start out with the Hall Cosplay contest.

Q: Is there an age limit to the contests?
A: No, we encourage people of all ages to enter our contests.

Q: Can I enter both the Hall Cosplay and the Masquerade?
A: Yes. You may enter all three of the contests, two, or only one. But if you enter both Hall Contests, and the Masquerade, you will need three different costumes to compete it. See the rules for each contest for more clarification.

Q: I wanted to know if it is permissible to bring a steel katana as a prop. It isnít sharpened though.
A: The hotel does not allow patrons to carry real weapons of any sort. Sharpened or unsharpened.

Q: Is there an additional fee to enter the cosplay?
A: There are NO additional fees to enter contests at AnimeNext.

Q: Do I need to pre-register for the Masquerade?
A: It is not necessary to pre-register, but it does guarantee you a space.. and gives you more free time during the weekend.
** Note: At this time we are not offering pre-registration for the Hall Cosplay Contest.

ShoyesaiNoMiko
05-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Okay, so what if I bought a bodysuit and painted stuff on it, and made the wig to go with it, as well as accessories and things? Does that count as a craftsmanship thing for the Hall Cosplay?

DarkMgcnGirl
05-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Okay, so what if I bought a bodysuit and painted stuff on it, and made the wig to go with it, as well as accessories and things? Does that count as a craftsmanship thing for the Hall Cosplay?

Hall Costume Coordinator here.

That does count as you did construct from the sounds of it, most of the costume.

freakyarcher
05-14-2004, 10:22 AM
you guys are not taking pre-registration for the hallway contest, soooo...will they let us know at the door when we can start registering. because it doesn't say on the site (or atleast, i didn't see it) when the reg will begin. :woah:

can you tell that this is my first con ever?!

DarkMgcnGirl
05-14-2004, 10:35 AM
you guys are not taking pre-registration for the hallway contest, soooo...will they let us know at the door when we can start registering. because it doesn't say on the site (or atleast, i didn't see it) when the reg will begin. :woah:

can you tell that this is my first con ever?!

Times for the Hall Costume Contest should be available once you have registered for the convention.

Registration for this contest is during the same times as the judging. Also please note that the information on the form is available on the website now, giving you an opportunity to review it and fill out the answers before the convention and just hand them in. Only difference is that I am not accepting entrants before the convention starts.