PDA

View Full Version : Spike Spiegel - Phase 2

Prof Farnsworth
05-14-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm almost done collecting the bits, need a pair of pants.

I'm going to either remove the right lapel, or take the connecting seam to the collar out and fold the lapel under. I've yet to add the closures or lining. You can see the material for the closures and lining a little further down. (the stiffer white fabric for the guts of the closures isn't shown).

Right now, the jacket's just pinned. Also, I think I'm going to take off part of the jacket sleeves. When rolled up they're too tight and don't look very trim.

These are the closest shoes that I could find at Wal-Mart. I think they should be fine. A classic, oxford type shoe. They may not be perfect, but they're better than trainers! I couldn't find a good pic of his shoes in the show, so I'm going by some freeze-frames from the movie. I'm not sure if they differ.

Here's the blue fabric compared to the shirt and jacket. It's hard to tell in this photo because it's a little dark, but the jacket is navy blue.

I'd rather not alter that tie, as I'd like to wear it again. But if I can't find a skinny tie, I'm going to try and find a cheap one and put it on a diet.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Oh by the way, is anyone else having trouble logging in to your photo gallery? I can't seem to log in. I know it's the right password because I've reset it 3 times, and changed it myself once.

Anyway, Thanks.

Senko-chan
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Over all, I think it looks great so far. um, I think that the fabric is alittle to bright. You should get a green wig or dye your hair green. For people that arent really Cowboy Bebop fans (thats a sin by the way lol) might not be able to tell who you are. ^_^ Good job so far though! :)

Prof Farnsworth
05-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Over all, I think it looks great so far. um, I think that the fabric is alittle to bright. You should get a green wig or dye your hair green. For people that arent really Cowboy Bebop fans (thats a sin by the way lol) might not be able to tell who you are. ^_^ Good job so far though! :)

Do you know where I can get a wig? I live in a small city, I doubt I'd be able to find one. There may be a place in greensboro (about 45min drive). Would I look for a costume shop?

Prof Farnsworth
05-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok, I've found the info for a few places. I'll have to plan a trip to greensboro. How much do you think the wig might cost, or what do you think would be too much?

Senko-chan
05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
humm, yeah you would probably be able to find it at a costume shop, I dont think it would cost much at all ^_^ if you can find a wig, you can always dye your hair green. feel free to p.m. me for help ^_^ (huge bebop fan) ^_^

Prof Farnsworth
05-15-2004, 01:20 AM
humm, yeah you would probably be able to find it at a costume shop, I dont think it would cost much at all ^_^ if you can find a wig, you can always dye your hair green. feel free to p.m. me for help ^_^ (huge bebop fan) ^_^

I've started a thread about my hair, and I wanted to ask you somethng about the coat. It seems that in my ref pics, the inside lines on spike's coat seem to curve together. Here's a picture. What do you think. Should I try the curve? I'll have to remove the right lapel, which I was going to do eventually anyway. After that, should I try a curve on the left lapel? I think it would look better, and more accurate as far as the right side goes, which I've seen the curve in a lot of pics. But the left curve may be an anomally or effect to show a fold in the cloth (man, does that sound tech!).

What do you think?

P.S. I would have PM'd you, but I don't think I can send pics that way. Can I?

Mr. Lupin
06-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Hows your costume coming Prof.? I've done Spike also, check my gallery, the wig to look for is any 80's rocker/ Rod Stewart style wig you might find, expect to pay $20.
DO NOT buy a green wig! That makes you look like JOker, buy a black wig and tint it green with spray on colors . That's how I would do mine. I also bought Indian silk fabric for my coat trim on the jacket, and I used a more sturdy textile linen for the trim around the sleaves, find a prop cigarette and you'll be good to go.

bipolarbunny
06-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Please. for the love of god. don't. it hurts. if you pull the coat over and pin it like that, first, your coat will be uneven on the bottom, and second, it will close too high.

if i was god, ( and soon I shall be, oh yes ) i would have every spike cosplayer wear a custom made jacket.

suggestions. if you must wear the suit jacket, you should see a professional tailor about having the bottom altered so it will be a straight line. Spike's jacket is shorter than a normal suit jacket anyway.

you can pin the tie back and iron it (if it is silk, get it drycleaned and ask them to press it, but make sure they know HOW to press ties, or they will wreck it) and once it is done, repress it back.

that blue is a tad too bright, and shiney. and spikes jacket lapel appears to be just the way the fabric lies. like he just didn't want to button his jacket all the way and it's a heavy material so it just drapes that way.

please. no fro.

i