PDA

View Full Version : Naruto headband

Lilmrhalfazn
05-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Ok so this is still in the works, but it is beter than my last year peice of silvery paper and black marker

http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v52/lilmrhalfazn/headband_001.jpg

I'mn gunna got of the ends of thumbtacks, spray paint em silver if they already aren't and add those as rivelets, and then finally, super glue the whole thing to a peiece of cloth. Oh, and it isn't the crinckly in RL

Lilmrhalfazn
05-16-2004, 02:37 PM
http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v52/lilmrhalfazn/headband_002.jpg

sry for double post ne ways, this is it finished, o it isn't that wrinkley in RL

Kitten
05-16-2004, 11:35 PM
I like the thumbtack idea- it works really nicely! ^_^ I never woulda thought of that. :3

The only problem with the wrinkliness that I can see is that it may not be so bad in real life, but if that's what it looks like in pictures, you might want to redo it if you're planning on having a lot of photoshoots. Of course, I shouldn't be talking, as I could never make anything like that. :thumbsup: It's not really a big deal, though, and I doubt it'll look bad when you're wearing it (no, I'm not hitting on you, I'm just pointing out that your headband won't be the central focus of your costume). ^_^

Overall, very good job! :D

Lilmrhalfazn
05-17-2004, 06:20 PM
meh >.<'' yeah, it aint really like that in Rl and my mom instead of getting thumbtacks got denim studs, and they are PERFECT

Voltz
05-17-2004, 10:08 PM
It's nice, in order to make mine I used aluminum flashing, cheap and easy to bend/cut. Then I used a flat head and a hammer to make the indent for the water village symbol. I used pop rivets, there about the same. The aluminum gives it a more smooth look to the headband and a more meatlic look.

avskull
05-18-2004, 01:40 AM
Suggestions: the second rivet down on each side is suppose to be on the edge. Score and cut the part of the head band on the top and bottom if you can to get a sharp cut. Get a cylinder object like a gallon paint can and a rubber mallet. Use the Mallet to hammer the headband when the metal lays on the side of the gallon can, to get the smooth look. I donít know if my suggest will help because I donít know how thick the metal is.

Lilmrhalfazn
05-18-2004, 02:39 PM
meh >.< it's too late which really sucks, the denim studs make a print, and I can't take em out