PDA

View Full Version : Best cosplay of 2004?

-Nayami-
05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, now that its all over, what costumes were there that caught your eyes? I'm interested in seeing what people say...

I found this incredibly well-done Mana, whose picture I will post as soon as soon as I get them developed.

VashzMynBackOff
05-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Oh wow.... there's so many! o_O Lilly's and Haruka's Rouge/Blanc et Noir Lolita did an amazing job, D, Troppy's Rinoa, that one Vash that took his jacket off in the masquerade, SeraMyu Sailor Uranus and Neptune, and the list goes on.....

Firegirl
05-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I was really floored by the thousands of Naruto people. ^^ I particularly fell in love with this on Gaara cosplayer, tho. XD

Anywhoo~ The original Musical-esque Urans/Neptune (SugarxSpice) were BEAUTIFUL, and I'm really glad I snuck into some pictures with them.

My favorite though was probably the Bloodlust group from the masqurade. They won an award, and it was HIGHLY deserved. The work they did was just absolutely amazing.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-16-2004, 06:54 PM
I saw that Mana, it was totally AWESOME!!

There was tons of Naruto cosplayers!! I glomped two of them ^-^~

My favorite cosplayer had to be...anyone that dressed up!!!!!!!

^-^

VashzMynBackOff
05-16-2004, 07:12 PM
I saw that Mana, it was totally AWESOME!!

There was tons of Naruto cosplayers!! I glomped two of them ^-^~

My favorite cosplayer had to be...anyone that dressed up!!!!!!!

^-^

Which Mana are you talking about? Was it Kyomu, Gardenia (those were my faves), or was it someone/ something else? .....I got in trouble for glomping one time..... :thumbsup:

Himiko
05-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh my gosh, so many good ones~! I'd have to say that my favorites were the girl who dressed up like Rydia from FFIV, a girl who dressed up like Tifa (I know there were a few Tifas ^^; This one was with an Aeris), and someone as Cloud from FFVII who looked almost exactly like him. Though I liked the Kingdom Hearts Cloud too. ^.^ But there were so many others~!

-Nayami-
05-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Which Mana are you talking about?

Gardenia Mana (http://www.fansview.com/2004/animecentral/0514b0100.jpg) That's the one I was in awe of

VashzMynBackOff
05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Himiko: OMG!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT!!! THE RYDIA'S!!!!! ::drops down crying:: I loved them too.

Haruno Sakura: That was you?! My little sister that went as Sumomo took a pic with you! She also said that she ADORED you're costume.

ChibiRydia
05-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Himiko: OMG!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT!!! THE RYDIA'S!!!!! ::drops down crying:: I loved them too.

Thanks! :blubber:
Our FFIV group didn't win anything, though.

There were quite a few great cosplayers there. I can hardly wait for the next convention! I'll try to make something better next time around.

chiichan
05-16-2004, 09:24 PM
:love: i loved my haku and dr.madison's zabuza costume... but i'd have to say my favorite one was xrj's itachi... it was so perfect... i looked forward to seeing it all weekend and then there it was... yay... i loved all the naruto characters costumes i seen a great ino... and wa-luigi... wow everyone did a great job... shame its over :waaaah:

ParnsAngel
05-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Sugar and Spice were GORGEOUS, and of course I love AngelSamui's Crimson Cat!! Woohoo!!! There were so many though. I can't pick out any favorites! ^^

Rika-Chan
05-16-2004, 10:01 PM
My favorite were all of the Vash's (I just love that red/black coat.. I have to learn how to make one for myself ;_;) and Troppy's Rinoa was really good =D

Oh, and those YuRiPa Berserkers! I didn't get to see them up close though =/

R1KKu
05-16-2004, 10:25 PM
My favorite were all of the Vash's (I just love that red/black coat.. I have to learn how to make one for myself ;_;) and Troppy's Rinoa was really good =D

Oh, and those YuRiPa Berserkers! I didn't get to see them up close though =/

Here (http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/R1KKu/Acen%202K4%20Pix/)

I really liked the Vash's too, especially Strippin' Vash,cept he didnt strip when I asked =(

I agree with you on Troppy too, her wig was wonderful, and that Selphie she was with had some really nice nunchakus. I know there are others I really liked, but I cant think of them right now.

Mizuho
05-16-2004, 10:32 PM
ChibiRydia, I LOVED your costume!! It was gorgeous and so green (my favorite color!!) My little sis wanted to get a picture with you but our camera ran out of batteries, unfortunately (she was walking around in a Terra costume... not quite as beautiful as your Rydia costume, but aaah, that would have been a cute picture!)

SoulCrash
05-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I have to say the peeps who did the FFXI cosplay. Cause not many peeps doesn't know the series too well. And I'm surprise there was some at the con. Especially the Mithra that was there. Funny that I know her from my LJs.....

And yes Stripping Vash was ****ing funny as hell! And since I was the backstage cameraman for the masquerade. I think I saw rips in his underwear. I WAS (and yes, I do mean I was!) ABOUT too zoom in his ass. But my DH will kill me if I did.......

Ashiri-chan
05-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I agree with you on Troppy too, her wig was wonderful, and that Selphie she was with had some really nice nunchakus.

hehe thanks ^^ I was that crazy Selphie...they were a bit heavy and hard to carry, but everyone seemed to like my huge nunchakus. :dance:

I really liked the VHD: Bloodlust Costumes too, as well as the two girls who did Utena and Anthy- all of them were so detailed and looked difficult to do. It was very impressive. The YuRiPa Bezerkers were also amazing. There were so many fantastic cosplayers, it's impossible to name them all. Great job to everyone! :bigtu:

-Nayami-
05-16-2004, 11:42 PM

Haruno Sakura: That was you?! My little sister that went as Sumomo took a pic with you! She also said that she ADORED you're costume.

Oh no! That wasn't me...I just really liked that costume, as well. Sorry for the confusion ^_^;;;

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-16-2004, 11:59 PM
I have to say the peeps who did the FFXI cosplay. Cause not many peeps doesn't know the series too well. And I'm surprise there was some at the con. Especially the Mithra that was there. Funny that I know her from my LJs.....

Did you see the little act they did Saturday with the Tonberry cosplayer?

It was cute..then I think FF7 people did it too!

Pancake Moogle
05-16-2004, 11:59 PM
My favorite were all of the Vash's

at laaaast, recognition!

I was the "dark" vash, the black one. I had a great time this year! My favorite costumes this year were all the Yomiko Readmans...solely because I have an extreme soft spot for Read or Die :)

Great great costumes all around though! I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-17-2004, 12:01 AM
at laaaast, recognition!

I was the "dark" vash, the black one. I had a great time this year! My favorite costumes this year were all the Yomiko Readmans...solely because I have an extreme soft spot for Read or Die :)

Great great costumes all around though! I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

Post up pictures! I might have saw you..ja, I have bad memory x.x

SoulCrash
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Did you see the little act they did Saturday with the Tonberry cosplayer?!

Well I did see a tonberry on saturday doing something. But I couldn't tell, cause I still had staff duties to take care of.

About that Tonberry, I'm not sure if that was my friend (Krisnwo316) that was under the Tonberry.

Pancake Moogle
05-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Post up pictures! I might have saw you..ja, I have bad memory x.x

http://pixelhack.com/users/jarvis/0515c0064.jpg

That's the one they took of me at Fansview this year, I think it turned out pretty good compared to the last few they took of me :)

xerocalibur
05-17-2004, 01:05 AM
at laaaast, recognition!

I was the "dark" vash, the black one. I had a great time this year!

I took your picture near the aCen Cafe... I think at least. *shrugs* I'll be uploading the pics when I have film developed... If you can remember a kid in a long sleeved shirt that had a pink spider on the front... that was me... ^_^

I also did a Dark Vash cosplay... however, mine was more *Inspired* by the Dark Vash variant toy, so I became known amongst my friends as a Variant On A Variant... ^_^;;;

Most people didn't get the connection with my coat, though... not many people said "Hey it's another vash"... In fact, I got frustrated at one point and started asking people if my coat made them think of Vash at all and most said it just looked like a kick@$$ coat... Of course, another part of that may be that I had no gun, my sunglasses weren't like the ones from the series, and my hair wasn't long enough to spike out... :sulk: But I have big plans for aCen 2005... so people will recognize who I am there... ^_^

If you saw me my coat was like... Charcoalish grey, with metal chains from front to back (serving in place of the fabric straps)... anywho...

My favorites for this year were the Vashes, the crazy amounts of Naruto cosplays, the Bloodlust group, an old skool Vampire Hunter D who I glanced at in the Donald Stephenson center (if it was you please tell me! I wish I could've gotten your pic, my cam ran out of film)... but I do have to give props to EVERYONE, though, because I know what it's like to go and cosplay... Unless you're totally comfy with it, you're going to fret some... however, everyone is always really nice and well... it's a very awesome atmosphere... and it takes a lot of work to do well... So I applaud everyone who cosplayed this year. :bigtu:

ParnsAngel
05-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Hey I think I saw you then! I thought it was a kickass take on the vash coat, but I never got around to telling you *lol* Loved it though!!!

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-17-2004, 06:10 AM
http://pixelhack.com/users/jarvis/0515c0064.jpg

That's the one they took of me at Fansview this year, I think it turned out pretty good compared to the last few they took of me :)

I saw you walking around, but I didn't get a chance to talk to you. :(...Until next year bwahahah! ^-^

SoulCrash
05-17-2004, 06:57 AM
I forgot to add him too..

The dude with the Toyota Trueno "AE86". (But according to him, it's really a SR5 with the body of the AE86).

It's a funny story on how I found out about it. It was during the Masquerade judging. I was just checking out the area, then I stop by at Al's (Eurobeat King) table. I saw the AE86 pic on the table, and all of a sudden Erika Door told me that it's parked at the front. I was like, "Holy $hit!", and almost cried from the excitement.

I do got pics of the owner of the 86. And it was cool that he semi-cosplay as Takumi too.

RaveSleeper
05-17-2004, 09:09 AM
I Liked that there was so meny Naruto Characters that where running around. The photoshoot was so fun (I was the Guy Neji there walking around with the Zabusa with the really long shiny sword). Along with that some really good FF Cosplays and to meny others to say ^_^

xerocalibur
05-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey I think I saw you then! I thought it was a kickass take on the vash coat, but I never got around to telling you *lol* Loved it though!!!

Um... me or Pancake Moogle? If me, then thanks *blush*... The photos that cosplay.com took on Friday night still are not up yet -_- but when they are, I can P.M. you a link or few...

Janayia Jade
05-17-2004, 10:15 AM
One really awesome costume I saw was Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid and his friend who was a solider with the question mark on his head XD They had a terrific pose too, but I wasn't able to get a picture :bigcry: Did anyone get a picture of them?

Another fav was the laughing man from Stand Alone Complex. That was just so perfectly done :D

KoziBot
05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
I was totally impressed with stripper Vash's outfit and how he went through so much to get it as accurate as if he'd just pulled himself straight from the manga AND WAS THE LIVING IMBODIMENT OF VASH!

It was also really amazing to see the Berserker costumes in person. Pictures just don't do them justice. They need to be SEEN to be appreciated.

The sugarxspice Utena group was amazing. Poor girl, 2 weeks with a sharpie to color that wig ... she should've used Katie Bair's wig dye!!
:jjacks:
-=Kozibot=-
"Hahaha! I laugh at your pain!"

KoziBot
05-17-2004, 11:48 AM
My favorites for this year were the Vashes, the crazy amounts of Naruto cosplays, the Bloodlust group, an old skool Vampire Hunter D who I glanced at in the Donald Stephenson center (if it was you please tell me! I wish I could've gotten your pic, my cam ran out of film)...

That was my friend Ann. I made the costume for her Thursday night/all of Friday morning. I'm glad you liked it! I've got pictures of her if you'd like :dance:

-=KoziBot=-

sugarxspice
05-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Wow, thanks for all the compliments! We were so thrilled to be at Acen and meet so many wonderful cosplayers =D

Our favorite costumes were:

GoGo ( I don't know the cosplayers name but the costume was SO impressive!)
ChibiRydia's FFIV group
Erika Door's Princess Garnet
and I'm not sure what series it was from, but the costumes Lilly/Haruka wore on saturday were amazing - I felt very very very short standing next to them ^~

Yeah.. I'm kind of a huge FF fan~^^

And yes, coloring that darn wig for two weeks was less than fun, but Katie Bair's wig dye wasn't out at the time (the wig was finished back in February), however I did use her wig dye for Neptune and I'm very pleased with the result.

~ Laura (Spice)

venus2869
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
GoGo ( I don't know the cosplayer's name but the costume was SO impressive!)
Laura (Spice)

Thank you!!That was my little girl!!!Her name is Corrinne. I got the entire outfit from the resale, I made the ball & had someone do the crest. Total cost - under $30!!!

Thanks again! Everyone looked so good this year!(from what I saw, since I too was staff)

Here's her Fansview.com pic of it! She was also Kim Possible on Friday!! If anyone got pics of her then, please let me know!

ChibiRydia
05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Wow, thanks for all the compliments! We were so thrilled to be at Acen and meet so many wonderful cosplayers =D

Our favorite costumes were:

GoGo ( I don't know the cosplayers name but the costume was SO impressive!)
ChibiRydia's FFIV group
Erika Door's Princess Garnet
and I'm not sure what series it was from, but the costumes Lilly/Haruka wore on saturday were amazing - I felt very very very short standing next to them ^~

Yeah.. I'm kind of a huge FF fan~^^

~ Laura (Spice)

Thanks again for the compliments! I am not sure I deserve that kind of praise! :eeek:

Your costumes were some of the best I'd seen there. I wish I had even an ounce of your talent! Maybe I should take some sewing classes... :lost:

Rika-Chan
05-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Here (http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/R1KKu/Acen%202K4%20Pix/)

Thanks a lot! Those costume were AMAZING. I remember seeing you in your Beserker from the back. I was going to take a picture of all of the Beserkers, but I was never there when all of you were in the same area =/ I did get a pic of you in that awesome Samurai Rikku costume though =D

Oh! And I forgot to put this in my earlier post, but there was this little girl dressed as Naruto on Saurday (I think) that I liked. She was SOOOOOO cute.

Mokona Plushie
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
There were alot of Naruto cosplayers...I personally liked this one Naruto cosplayer, he was nice and good at DDR :P The Beserkers were awesome and then there was this little girl dressed up as Sumomo...she was so adorable xD

AngelSamui
05-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Everyone I met at the con had wonderful costumes. This is hard because my list could just keep going, but my favorites were:

Sugar and Spice in general lol
Chibi Rydia's FFIV group
Lilly and Haruka's from War of Genesis
Stripper Vash
Jia Crens's Rydia and Berserker Yuna

And of course cosplaying with ParnsAngel and Hoshikuzu Friday night for our Shadow Lady group rocked my world. You guys rule and are so much fun! ^_^

xerocalibur
05-17-2004, 04:33 PM
That was my friend Ann. I made the costume for her Thursday night/all of Friday morning. I'm glad you liked it! I've got pictures of her if you'd like :dance:
Yeah, that'd totally be awesome, of course with her approval :::bows:::

:sulk: Something i learned from this con is that i need to get better social skills... i got so dang timid when approaching people to ask for a picture...

Black_Knight
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Mine was the Vampire Hunter outfits for the Masquerade and the Final Fantasy IV Group...

AllStarAlice
05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
There was a lot of good cosplay...my favorites are pretty much what everyone else said! Now if only I could find pics of me in my Warrior Yuna costume >.<;

Miss Valentine
05-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Renee, your costume was my favorite hun. You did such a lovely job. <3

~Sassy :heart:

HyperrrMouse
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Lets see, I loved the outfits Sugar and Spice made, as well as those made by the nice people in the Vampire Hunter D group (is it going to be anime or J-rock for next year?^^ I forgot to ask). I also enjoyed the Sesshoumaru costume that won a judges award. She was so nice, extremily friendly, and fun to talk to. Actually that whole clump of people that got to listen to me whine about having to pee before we went on stage, well all their outfits were great! And they were all so terribly nice. There was an adorible Rikku, awesome Lulu (it was her first costume, damn, i wish my first costume had been that good!) the young lady dressed as Heartless from Kingdom Hearts (also won an award), the girl who was #31 or 32 whose character and series i can't remember (i had a headache that night, sorry) the girl who was the samurai from Animatrix, and the Sesshoumaru. All of them amazing and so very friendly! ^^

So many beautiful costumes everyone! Great work!!

RikkuX
05-17-2004, 06:36 PM
aw geez...where to begin?!

Samari Rikku - awesome, just awesome Michelle
Stripper Vash - always a favorite
Hot Wolfwood - *blush*
Hot Gendo - no, not my bf...the other gendo...*giggle*
Peter Pan - omg he wore leaves!!
Warrior Yuna - AllStarAlice, you rock
Ed - FMA dude with the natural blonde hair and the 'metal' arm...omg i've been inspired to re-watch FMA!!

i love you all!

R1KKu
05-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Aww, thankies :sunny:

Your Thief is always a favorite, especially the skater one from AR :bigtu:

Strippin Vash and Dark Vash - Really nice costumes
Warrior Yuna
Berserker Yuna
That FFXI cosplayer with the ears ( I forgot the character name)
Dizzy of Guilty Gear ( I missed getting a pic though)
Most, if not all of the FFX-2 cosplayers =D
One of the Sesshoumaru cosplayers that had that furry furry XD
And I saw a really good AC and FFVII Cloud

Hmm..what else...

SoulCrash
05-17-2004, 06:59 PM
That FFXI cosplayer with the ears ( I forgot the character name)

That I can explain. Since she told me who she was....
She's the Mithra where you give Yagudo Beads to at windrust...

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

Hikaru0
05-17-2004, 07:28 PM
lol it's really sad when a popular movie character shares a name with an old skool video game character, it gets everything confused! LOL People would call out "GOGO" and me and any Kill Bill cosplayer would turn and look. XD Who knows who they were yelling for.
Anyway, my favorites! I had so many!
Dustin and his friend with their Naruto and Kakashi just because it was hilarious watching their fangirls
Yui and Jason's darcia costumes!
Berry in Hubb, just because Berry is awsome
all of the Mew Mews! We were so colorful! I'll try to have a picnic again next year, and this time tell others about it so we can have a bigger party ^_^
Chibi Rydia's Rydia costume. O_O girl, you were AWSOME. I wish I could've given you something else other than the evil rubber duckie ^^; But you did deserve an award! *kicks the judges*
and although it sounds like I'm patting myself on the back, but my sister was SO CUTE. O_O I don't know what it was, but her cute factor rose for the weekend. (she was Mew Purin/Pudding and Songstress Rikku that was in Troppy's group)
and lets not forget Julie and Jenny's Bloodlust costumes *_* You guys were AWSOME.

The-Real-Link
05-17-2004, 08:04 PM
ChibiRydia - I soooo wish I could have seen your costume up close and gotten a picture because it looked so awesome! *cries*.

Venus and Corrinne - I thought both of you did a great job and looked very well presented (for someone who doesn't know the characters that is) :)

The two Vashes near the ballroom (one dressed in red and another black) were neat too :)

Should I start on all the Naruto people, Final Fantasy cosplayers, or just totaly random unexpected things?! There's way too much to mention and I have to say I'm totaly amazed at what everyone did! *claps*

Jaquii as Zelda - *OMG dies*... Great to see you :)

Darn I can't remember your name, but during the masquerade you had white wings, and all that armor that looked like metal plate with large shoulder pieces. I wish I could have seen you more closely but wow..that looked insanely cool too!

Tsubame_Gaeshi
05-17-2004, 08:04 PM
*sigh*

So, I guess no one liked my Illuminati Gackt (black vinyl, thigh highs, you'd know if you saw me) or me as George from Paradise Kiss (I got a pretty big cheer at the masquerade, but that may have just been due to my hamming it up. I did like wearing the silver pin stripe suit though, it was all cool and shiny :D). Oh well, I'll just have to try harder in the future. :)

Yeah, I have to admitt that I really liked the costumes my friends put together. Sugar and Spice, you two were awesome, not that I need to tell you that. ;) Bev did an great job as Songstress Yuna, her dance was so cute. The Vampire Hunter D group rocked, as was fittingly represented with their winning best over all group award for costume construction. And of course, and I admitt it, I'm bias, but Christine (Dormouse) was way way cute as Miwako! *smooch* I love her, what can I say.

Aside from that, I really dug the Berzerker Rikku I saw, she did an awesome job! Wow, just, wow! The Selphie, whom everyone's already gushed over, was really great too! Very accurate, I really liked it! Let's see, what else caught my eye. Well, the Pocky boxes, they were fun to watch, and I think they had the best performance over all, hands down. I'm not going to get into any negativity over anything, as it's not only unconstructive, but useless. So yeah, I'll just stick with what I liked, hey? ;P

The Ed that won best single entry performance was increadible! And honestly, not so much for her costume, as it's a pretty simple design, though that's not to say that she didn't to an excellent job on it, which she did, but I was more taken with her actual performance. I mean, wow! I actually thought that Ed somehow found her way from anime land into the real world; this girl was that good! There were a ton others that currently escape me, but yeah, everyone did a really great job.

Right, well, that's my long and drawn out "two cents". For what it's worth. Yeah. :)

Jaquii
05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks, TRL. ^_^

Okay, my favorites were:
Chibi Rydia's Rydia costume FOR SURE (I still can't beleive that you didn't get an award)
SugarXSpice's Utena costumes (I was awestruck; absolutely beautiful)
Stripper Vash's Vash costume (who DOESN'T like a stripping Vash) ; )
The Gogo costume from FF6 (I'm sorry, I forgot your name AGAIN!)
and RyanW's secksay Sephy costume (who DOESN'T like a Sephy in tight leather) ; D

Hikaru0
05-17-2004, 08:27 PM
The Gogo costume from FF6 (I'm sorry, I forgot your name AGAIN!)

awe! Thank you Jaquii!!! ^_^ That was me! lol I really loved your zelda too, despite the problems you were having with it.
and who was that Kira that was hanging around you? I forgot to get his email adress x.x

AngelSamui
05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
*sigh*
So, I guess no one liked my Illuminati Gackt (black vinyl, thigh highs, you'd know if you saw me) or me as George from Paradise Kiss (I got a pretty big cheer at the masquerade, but that may have just been due to my hamming it up. I did like wearing the silver pin stripe suit though, it was all cool and shiny :D). Oh well, I'll just have to try harder in the future. :)

OMG, I **adored** your George! You looked like you jumped right out of the manga.

Jaquii
05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
The sad thing is that I was having NO problems with my costume until just then! Gah, I knew that all of those glompers would damage the costume sooner or later (argh!).

And I don't remember what the Kira cosplayer's name was; the poor guy, he seemed so nervous. ^_^

Firegirl
05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Pancake Moogle : OMG! I fell in love with you! I wanted to take a pic with you, but I was too shy to say anything. You rocked my face, and I hope to see you again! :heart:

Tsubame: You ROCKED at the masquerade. Your attitude was ALL there. I luffed it. :rockon:

Chibi Rydia. I loved your costume. I wanted to cry of the prettyful. I never asked for a picture, though. =[

The Masquerade Zelda: Sorry, I don't know who you are, but I was simply stunned by your outfit! I couldn't stop staring at your armor and headpiece. It was SO well done!! I look forward to seeing it again sometime! :love:

The skit Ed broke my heart. She did SUCH an awesome job spinning around and being goofy with Ein. I'm glad she got an award for it!

Soulcrash: You totally ROCKED as your white mage. I didn't find you enough to ask for a picture, but it was a really awesome costume.

Kozibot: You guys FLOORED me. That Bloodlust group was just too much. The details flipped me out, and Ican't believe how hard you worked on those costumes.

SugarxSpice: You both are so SWEET! I can't wait to see the pictures I got of you. Those costumes were just so gorgeous! I'd love to make the Chibimoon version of those SOMEDAY... you're both too beautiful. AWESOME JOB.

Tsubame_Gaeshi
05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
OMG, I **adored** your George! You looked like you jumped right out of the manga.

Ha! Cool! Someone remembers me! ;) Well, first off, Thank You So Very Much! I'm an attention whore, I know it, but that just means my day is made when people pay attention to me. :D

Yeah, I love George, and everyone said that I looked a lot like him, so I just had to cosplay him. I think it turned out pretty well. Anyway, thank you again for your compliment! :heart:

Tsubame_Gaeshi
05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Tsubame: You ROCKED at the masquerade. Your attitude was ALL there. I luffed it.

Hee! Thanks a bunch! I tried to have some fun with it, I mean, it's not every day that you have an entire audience to yourself, so yeah, I guess I'm just a ham. ;) Thanks again!

Jun_Kazama
05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
There were tons of great cosplays this year.

To everyone else that was the masquerade: you guys all had awesome, awesome costumes..I felt kind of out of place amongst the awesomeness ^_^" (I was the crappy Maggie from R.O.D.) >_<

SugarXSpice: Yout Utena costumes rocked! They were some of my fave costumes all weekend.

Tsubame_Gaeshi: That was you as George? I liked your costume a lot..granted I had no clue who you were until I asked (I havent read PK yet), but I still thought your suit rocked .

Firegirl
05-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Hee! Thanks a bunch! I tried to have some fun with it, I mean, it's not every day that you have an entire audience to yourself, so yeah, I guess I'm just a ham. ;) Thanks again!
You are so welcome. You had a TON of people screaming in the Green Room, including myself. you just ROCKED... no other word for it.

Tsubame_Gaeshi
05-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Tsubame_Gaeshi: That was you as George? I liked your costume a lot..granted I had no clue who you were until I asked (I havent read PK yet), but I still thought your suit rocked .

Yeah, I think that I was having some issues with being a little too obscure in my costume selection, but I dig George a lot, so I just had to cosplay him. I think my Gackt outfit was a bit more noticeable, though that's not to say that people knew who I was, but still, when you're 6'8" in thigh highs, and clad in nothing but black vinyl and mesh, people notice. ;P Anyway, yeah, thank you muchly for the compliment, that suit was a pain to make. ;)

Himiko
05-17-2004, 08:49 PM
I know it's repetition now, but I loved Chibi Rydia's costume. ^.^ Rydia is one of my favorite characters ever, and I was so excited to see one! And also Tifa and Cloud.. and I did see some fantastic Rinoa and Aeris cosplayers as well. =3 And an adorable Puchiko who talked in this super cute voice in Japanese.. and so many more..

I'm curious, did anyone see a little original FFX Rikku, about 9 years old? Everyone seemed to adore her because she was so tiny ^^; She was my younger cousin.

VashzMynBackOff
05-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Chibi Rydia: Since my mom was there with me, she said a couple things to me about your costume (it was really in Vietnamese, but I'll translate it all ^^): "Wow! Look at her costume! Something like that must've taken months and costed her all she has!" After the masquerade, my family and I went to eat at the resturant and we were talking about all the costumes we saw, and she kept going about yours!

There were also some I forgot:
Wedding Garnet
the PikaHos
and a couple more I forgot (I've got a lack of memory ^^;).

CapsuleCorp
05-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Wow, and here I was thinking I didn't see Sugar&Spice at all, but I guess I did! I stood and ogled your Sailor Scouts for a bit in awe. Very nicely done, very clean and detailed. I don't think I got a pic though - my camera was doing weird things, I lost a couple of shots thanks to an error. I lost the shot I had of the excellent San (Mononoke) I ran into in the lobby.

I have to say I was most impressed with Majin Buu!!! Did anyone see him? He was SO GOOD! And he had the stupid grin down. I SOOOOO regret not being able to find him Friday night before changing out of Dende. My second favorite was the group of Duel Monsters - their armor looked too good to be cardboard. Again, regrets - I found them literally minutes after coming down after changing from Yugi to Hiei.

Ah well. At least I'm on fansview a bazillion times...and if I didn't have to run I'd spend all night looking through Eurobeat King's photos. :D

Maryssa
05-17-2004, 09:34 PM
The best costume of the entire con was Majin Boo. He freaking rocked my socks. He even LOOKED like him when he smiled. I dont even like DBZ but he was my FAVORITE cosplayer!

DaphHime
05-17-2004, 11:48 PM
All the Excel Saga cosplayers did a fantastic job. The female Ilpalazzo cosplayer's costume was awesome (dispite the fact she could only wear it to the panel :( ) as was the other Ilpalazzo. Even with the trimmed sholder armor his costume came out great. :)

I loved Maryssa's Sailor Venus costume. Her costume was so beautiful. Sailor Venus is one of my favorite Sailor Senshi.

Chibi Rydia your Rydia costume was wonderful! I didn't get a good look at it from where I was sitting at the masqurade but from the picuters I saw it looked great. Great costume and choice of character.

There were alot of other costumes but those were the ones that stood out. And my friends did a great job on the Naruto and Chrno Crusade costumes too.

Toshimasa
05-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Wow, a lot of great costumes for Acen. Sadly, I didn't get to see too many as I spent a lot of my time in the dealer's room working. But I was glad to be a part of the Bloodlust group with Julie and Jen, to see all of the work they put into those costumes and come out on top with them was absolutely awesome.

I was Doris for the group, and on top of them making their own costumes, they were gracious enough to make the Doris costume (lack of money and time for me to make it). I was glad to help them out and finish the overall look of the group.

I saw a lot of good costumes, though rushing around I forgot a lot of them too. Natually, I loved the Nekobasu costume as well as some of the just simple costumes, course I forget most of the names, but they were running around there. I was glad that there wasn't a huge repeat of costumes like in the past with Chi and such..and I think I saw one crossplay costume that honest to god floored me. It was really well done..especially for being crossplay (cause we all know how bad those can get, aahh..yeah.)

Well done guys! And hopefully I'll be there next year to see more!

ChibiRydia
05-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Chibi Rydia's Rydia costume. O_O girl, you were AWSOME. I wish I could've given you something else other than the evil rubber duckie ^^; But you did deserve an award! *kicks the judges*

Thanks for the duckie though! I have it on top of my computer monitor.

I had a good time in the masquerade, but think I'll wait a while before entering into another contest anytime soon. The judges clearly know best, and I guess I'm not skilled enough yet to enter. I'm over it...was by the end of the night. I ended the night with roomservice - a massive piece of $9.00 cheesecake!!

You totally deserved your award, as did the others. I could tell that a lot of time, hard work and hand-beading went into yours, too. It was great. And the spinning you did on stage was fantastic! *giggle*

Thanks again, and it was nice meeting you!

Gama-bunta
05-18-2004, 08:57 AM
My favorite cosplay had to be the Hume Female from FFXI. It amazed me at how good the costume worked on her and how good it looked. I would actually have liked to get some more info on how or where it was made but while in awe of the costume i forgot to ask. :lost:

HyperrrMouse
05-18-2004, 11:19 AM
aww, ChibiRydia, please keep entering! your costume was amazing, and everyone says so! The point is to have fun, and be seen. You defenetly accomplished that! and everyone loved seeing you and your costume! Please keep entering, it's a good experience. I'm going to keep doing it, even though i have no chance, however i think you have a very definate chance. So the judges didn't appreciate it this year, next year there will be different judges and you'll have had a year more of experience, work, and awesomeness under your belt.

Please stick with the masquerade! Your costumes really deserve to be seen and admired!

effembee
05-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the duckie though! I have it on top of my computer monitor.

I had a good time in the masquerade, but think I'll wait a while before entering into another contest anytime soon. The judges clearly know best, and I guess I'm not skilled enough yet to enter. I'm over it...was by the end of the night. I ended the night with roomservice - a massive piece of $9.00 cheesecake!!

You totally deserved your award, as did the others. I could tell that a lot of time, hard work and hand-beading went into yours, too. It was great. And the spinning you did on stage was fantastic! *giggle*

Thanks again, and it was nice meeting you!O.O Clearly not skilled enough? You know I was surprised they didn't choose you! The first thing I thought was why didn't you get something and why didn't the FFX-2 cosplayers get anything!? :thumbsup: Keep entering! The masquerade took a while though...it was really disorganized this year.

[edit] by the way, did you see me? I was Lenne, and I came along with a songstress Yuna. ^_^

Jia Jem
05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Wow, there were so many excellent costumes this year! I know my favorites are all the same ones as yours, but let's tell them again how much they rawk:
GoGo from FFXI - Hikaru0, you know you kick arse! And your sister is too cute!
Rydia from FFIV - ChibiRydia... the more Rydias, the better! I wish I could have talked to you more. Love your boots! And the rest of your group... especially Rubicant's shorts. I don't know why I found them so cute and funny. Hee!
Berserkers - R1kku, Cospinay... yay! The first recorded YuRiPa Berserker group! Rar! And Rydain... so good to finally meet you and talk to you!
Baralai - RJ, that costume looked so handsome on you. I think I got nervous talking to you.. like I should have been addressing you as royalty... wow!
AngelSamui, I love all your costumes. I wish you brought your Alchino one back... it's my favorite. But you looked stunning as always.
Ed - AnimeAngel..... you ARE Ed.
Warrior Yuna - AllStarAlice, I just want to pet you! ...does that creep you out?
Songstress Yuna - Beverly, you cute thang. I can't believe you memorized that whole dance for the masquerade!
Zelda - Jaquii, your armour was absolutely gorgeous!
All of the dancing FF girls in the masquerade... so much dedication!
Haruka and Lily, you two have LEGS for DAYS! HOTTT!
and too many more to remember...

AngelSamui
05-18-2004, 10:27 PM
AngelSamui, I love all your costumes. I wish you brought your Alchino one back... it's my favorite. But you looked stunning as always.

Awwww, thanks! That compliment shoots right back at you!! I would have loved to take my Myoubi along but I didn't have any room for the wings! *pouts*

KrisnWo316
05-19-2004, 05:05 PM
(from page 2 of the thread)

Yes, I was the Tonberry that was playing around with Troppy and co. I would of had the costume on more, but my knees just aren't what they used to be, and I couldn't really stand being on them for more than 30 minutes..... Which is why you probably saw me walking around instead of crawling around like I should of been....

I was also Strongbad, but didn't really wear it that much. ^_^

Bobbi
05-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I really liked the Rydia and Gogo. I'm such a dummy, I called Gogo Umaro I haven't played that game in years. =P But they were both beautiful! I loved AllstarAlice's warrior Yuna, it looked great! So did the samarai Rikku. Troppy's Rinoa was really great. So was the Selphie... so cute!

I loved all the pretty Yuzuki's and Kotoko's.

I think my favorite the whole weekend was the cute little girl dressed up as sugar. I got a few pictures of her rolling around on the floor being cute! ^^ I can't wait to get them developed! *squee!*

trekkieb47
05-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Berry in Hubb, just because Berry is awesome.

Awww shucks. You mean the costume rocked because of my coolness... not the accurateness of it all? :P

Thanks so much. At least someone knew who I was! XD

Berry

ZiggyB
05-19-2004, 08:32 PM
I've gotta agree about the vinyl Selphie. I'm going to *try* and not sound like a perve ;-) but she looked great! The wig was done really well too.

I would have never thought vinyl would work with Selphie, but I'm so glad she proved me wrong. :)

Rini210
05-19-2004, 09:20 PM
(Celebrate my first post ^.^)

There was some girl who was a "Pika-Nazi" (that's what I called it. "Soviet Russian Pikachu" is what they said.) I found the costume super original, and I kind of liked it, even if I don't go for the whole Nazi thing.

Oh, man, so many masquerade costumes... that Ed got me semi-sad. She was so good and Ed like! (I was an Ed too, and it was my first time going to a convention and cosplaying T.T)

There was a girl who was Yuna in her Berserker form ... in fact, she might have even started this thread, or posted on it. Erm, I'm not really sure. I know that I had to ask her what her costume was, since I haven't played X-2 (I'm sad,) but I thoght it was awesome, anyways. Yay!

There were some amazing Rikku's too. And some adorable Di Gi Charat costumes.

effembee
05-19-2004, 09:31 PM
*claps for Rini's first post* ^.^ *throws confetti*

Rini210
05-19-2004, 09:36 PM
*claps for Rini's first post* ^.^ *throws confetti*

^___^ Yay!

Hmm... I was just randomly looking at other posts in this thread, and I checked your photo album ('cause I'm stalkerish like that.) Did you Cosplay Yuna, and were you in the masquerade? Not in a skit, but walked across the stage? I think I saw you, you had a nice costume!

effembee
05-19-2004, 09:41 PM
^___^ Yay!

Hmm... I was just randomly looking at other posts in this thread, and I checked your photo album ('cause I'm stalkerish like that.) Did you Cosplay Yuna, and were you in the masquerade? Not in a skit, but walked across the stage? I think I saw you, you had a nice costume!
That was actually a good friend of mine by the name of Fantasy Angel! ^.^ She was really cute, wasn't she? She looked really good up there! I was the Wind Pretear that was on the walk-on, however, I did go as Lenne with her, and I enjoyed it greatly. I LOVED being Lenne, I got so much attention. ^.^

Rini210
05-19-2004, 09:51 PM
That was actually a good friend of mine by the name of Fantasy Angel! ^.^ She was really cute, wasn't she? She looked really good up there! I was the Wind Pretear that was on the walk-on, however, I did go as Lenne with her, and I enjoyed it greatly. I LOVED being Lenne, I got so much attention. ^.^

Oh! Well, I do remember seeing you in the masquerade, too! I've never seen Pretear before, so I was pretty impressed when I saw the costume. Anime's with cool outfits amuse me XD I remember you being announced, and they announced you as Wind Pretear from Pretear, and I said something odd at that... I remember that much ^.^; But it was hard to hear from where I was, 'cause sitting two seats next to me was one of the guys shouting "What" in mockery of the Chapelle Show.

effembee
05-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Oh! Well, I do remember seeing you in the masquerade, too! I've never seen Pretear before, so I was pretty impressed when I saw the costume. Anime's with cool outfits amuse me XD I remember you being announced, and they announced you as Wind Pretear from Pretear, and I said something odd at that... I remember that much ^.^; But it was hard to hear from where I was, 'cause sitting two seats next to me was one of the guys shouting "What" in mockery of the Chapelle Show.
There were people shouting "What" all through the con that night. ^.^;; We left at about 11:30 or so on Saturday night shortly after the masquerade. Fantasy Angel tells me it was from 'Lil' John' or something like that. ^_^ I have no sense of American pop culture these days. *sigh*

~FMB

[edit] In case you're wondering, the picture that I posted in my photo gallery - That's me as Lenne in the reflection...don't I look scary? *lol*

ParnsAngel
05-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Lets see...

I belive it was Parns Angel that wore the really precious Battle Lettuce (that was really cute) and I have no idea who wore the adorable spot on battle Purin but it was VERY kawaii.

Aw, thank you so much!!!
I wasn't in it for long cause I felt really dumb in it, but awesome to know someone liked it *lol* I really appreciate it!
Battle Purin was probably Hikaru0's sister! She was just the cutest ^^ I'll have to let her know that more people thought she was the cutest thing on earth ^^

Lets see....the Alucard with the big black eye-dog was a great idea, and I adored the sailormoon mid-transformation costume!! That was brilliant ^^
The weekend kinda went by in a blur for me, so I don't remember many costumes at all @.@
But there were many many many that were wonderful ^^

ShugoTenshi
05-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Hmm I'd have to say, AngelSamui's costumes was one of y faves along with the Deedlit in the white gown. Another was the dark vash. A return from last year. However, I'm sad to say I didn't see any of iggy's really. Wish he brought back the Nanbara from last year.

Ashiri-chan
05-20-2004, 03:05 AM
I've gotta agree about the vinyl Selphie. I'm going to *try* and not sound like a perve ;-) but she looked great! The wig was done really well too.

I would have never thought vinyl would work with Selphie, but I'm so glad she proved me wrong. :)

awww...thanks! you guys are so sweet! ^^ I had a lot of people doubting me at first, even my Rinoa (luv you Troppy my gal) but everyone seemed to like it when they saw it anyway. Thanks for all the compliments, it makes my day. :D

ShugoTenshi
05-20-2004, 03:23 AM
awww...thanks! you guys are so sweet! ^^ I had a lot of people doubting me at first, even my Rinoa (luv you Troppy my gal) but everyone seemed to like it when they saw it anyway. Thanks for all the compliments, it makes my day. :D
That's the other one!! The Vinyl Selphie!! You totally rocked. Hmm... why do I feel like I mispelled something here.

Troppy
05-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Oh, shush, Selphie. :E I just didn't ever picture the jumper as vinyl...PS1 graphics don't SHOW that sort of thing. I'm glad you pulled it off...even if it WAS a sexy bondage raincoat. XD You were beautiful and kicked lots of arse. :rockon:

Thanks, everybody, for complimenting my Rinoa, as well. I made everything myself, and I think I'm more proud of this costume than any other one I've constructed so far. The weapon got tons of applause from everyone, and so did my wig and ribbed fabric. So many people called me the best they'd ever seen, and this made me feel overjoyed because I was so afraid to wear an overdone character to such a huge con. Thank you for all of your kindness, and for loving our skit too! You all truly made me feel like a princess.

321stars
05-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Well...there was the bendy Vash. And that really nice Zell. And the Gardenia Mana...and the DDR arrows (XD! but I didn't get a picture with them in costume, drats). There was the one good Rinoa running around with a Selphie (aside from her, I saw what seemed like fifty thrown-together Rinoas). And Space Michael. whee!

321stars
05-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I think that I was having some issues with being a little too obscure in my costume selection, but I dig George a lot, so I just had to cosplay him. I think my Gackt outfit was a bit more noticeable, though that's not to say that people knew who I was, but still, when you're 6'8" in thigh highs, and clad in nothing but black vinyl and mesh, people notice. ;P Anyway, yeah, thank you muchly for the compliment, that suit was a pain to make. ;)

I never saw the Illuminati Gackt. *sad*

Tsubame_Gaeshi
05-21-2004, 12:05 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=135514&password=2c3c8892e3ae5782ab8b3845c99de81c&sort=1&cat=7804&page=93

Hmm, sadly, not the best pic taken of me, but it appears to be the only one I can currently find. (Stupid me for not taking more pictures of myself). And too, it doesn't even show the whole costume. Oh well, that's more or less what I looked like. I know I didn't have the proper hair, but a wig would have looked worse, in my opinion. But yeah, that was me. :heart:

And speaking of which, if anyone have any pictures of me, I'd be greatly thankful to recieve some, as I have close to none. :(

sugarxspice
05-21-2004, 12:39 PM
And speaking of which, if anyone have any pictures of me, I'd be greatly thankful to recieve some, as I have close to none. :(

*waves* Dude, call me, I'll take your picture any time ^~

Firegirl
05-21-2004, 04:18 PM
There was some girl who was a "Pika-Nazi" (that's what I called it. "Soviet Russian Pikachu" is what they said.) I found the costume super original, and I kind of liked it, even if I don't go for the whole Nazi thing.

That was my friend Angela. Didn't she kick ass? I don't think she's only cosplay-dot-com, but I do have her LiveJournal address if you were interested in contacting her.

Adella
05-22-2004, 11:47 AM
I'd have to say that the Star Ocean group (the Opera and Ernest especially.. go eyeballs!!) made my con. They really did. All their costumes were amazingly accurate and well done, and I was sad that my Celine was broken so I couldn't join them.

Also let me see.. Heidi's Aeris costume was really really well done, and this Sesshoumaru guy also had a great costume. Nails and all!

Oh yes.. and Ballgown Deedlit! That was sooo adorable and well made!

ZiggyB
05-22-2004, 12:45 PM
I loved the Star Ocean group! I was talking them Friday afternoon. Amongst the other cool props that they had, Opera's gun was actually made out of real Marine gun parts. It was also collapsable to fit the stupid 4' prop rule.

I'm so glad they won something at the masquerade! :)

Beverly
05-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh my GOD. Everyone looked SO good. I would have a STUPID long list if I named everyone I went *GASP* over, but here goes...

AMANDA was the cutest Chibi-Moon EVER. Evereverevereverever.
The Selphie with the PERFECT freeking hair. OMG.
The Balmung cosplay.. I think.. with the moveable wings and PERFECT armor? Absolutely brilliant.
The dead-on Amano-esque FF group. Every detail was perfect.
The Chrno Crusade groups made me so happy. ;_; So so so happy! =D
Tsubame_Gaeshi and Dormouse are TOTALLY under-noticed. Dormouse's work is GORGEOUS (as is Tsu... you know, you guys should date. ^.~).

Heh. That's what I can remember at 1am. ^^ But EVERYONE, seriously everyone looked wonderful. ^^

Hikaru0
05-30-2004, 02:40 AM
I really liked the Rydia and Gogo. I'm such a dummy, I called Gogo Umaro I haven't played that game in years

hehe, that's ok, Gogo forgives you. XD
At least you had the game right! lol it's always great to find people who know the old skool FF games, and not just the new ones. ^^ There needs to be more old skool luv. like...a huge arse Amano group that kicks all bootie to overcome a random con...

Ashiri-chan-My sister and I wuv yoo :3

Masayume
05-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Favorite costumes huh? Okay, I apologize now I'm still learning everyone's names and who was what and so on and so forth. So if I mess something up feel free to kick me ^^;;; And I unfortunately didn't wander around as much as I should've, so can't mention too many, though I'll try from what I remember.

Sera Myu Sailor Venus - Maryssa: It was on Friday and the first time I spotted you was down by the escalator and I almost went fangirl-ish XD I'm a HUGE Sera Myu fan and I haven't seen anyone cosplay from those thus far in my short little con career. It was SPOT ON!! I was floored you did it so perfectly.

Aristocratic Anthy/Utena & Individualized Sailor Uranus/Neptune - sugarxspice: In infamous couple, I wasn't on Cosplay.com until after ACen but I saw you guys a few times. I wish I had my camera (my boyfriend had it >_>) to have taken a picture both nights. You guys are absolutely beautiful and so incredibly talented, can't wait to see what you come up with for next year ^^

Angelsamui (*can't remember the costume name~*): I'm sorry I'm rather unfamiliar with your costumes, though I can't help but gawk at them because a.) you're such a pretty lady and b.) you do your costumes so well. I remember seeing your red catish costume Friday night and even the year before if I'm not mistaken. Yea! Because I think I have a picture of you from last year XD Then Saturday I saw you Chrono Cross costume, of course I didn't know what it was then, but it was just so totally awesome.

Songstress Yuna - Beverly: - Thank you for choosing Real Emotion by Koda Kumi and not Jade! Just had to say that ^^;; Your performance had me dancing and singing along in my chair. I definitely loved your performance and your costume. I've seen lots of Songstress Yuna's... yea... *blinks* But I was most impressed by your's. Maybe because I got to see you try to act her out? I agree with what someone else said, you really embodied the spunkiness and light-heartedness of Yuna's character. Not to mention you freakin' memorized the dance o_o Awesome job! Can't wait to see you next year ^^

I'm afraid I'll have to go from not knowing people now:
Baralai - Whoever he was did a freakin' good job on that costume. Again, I wish I had posession of my camera because he looked so handsome like that ^^
Rydia - Wow o_o that's all I can really say is just wow heh, so incredible.
The Berserker Trio from FFX-2 - Hats off to ANYONE who attempts to do a Berserker costume really, that's a hard costume. But this trio did a great job. I saw Yuna a lot and meant to ask her for a picture but she got swamped when I was about too so ._. I'll just be happy with EBK's pictures.
Mithra FFXI - I really didn't know what she was but I did know she was from FFXI and I was so impressed. That looked like a hard costume but she did it so perfectly. Simply amazing.
Chrno Crusade Group - T_T I was so happy!! Good CC cosplay!! And its the whole group too!! Rosette, Chrno, Azmaria, Satella, and even the three nuns! So well done, I especially loved Rosette and Chrno; had to hug her/him because I was so happy ^^;;; I went fangirlish then lol.
FFX-2 Black Mages - I kept seeing them everywhere and I really can't say any of them were done badly. It was a dressphere I would've loved to have attempted ^^
White Gown Deedlit - O_O Simply gorgeous. I got two shots of her Friday and she was simply stunning. I kinda knew who she was cosplaying as at first but I wasn't sure since I hadn't seen that look before. But I was happy to find out it was indeed Deedlit. The most accurate one I've ever seen too. The cosplayer herself is such a pretty young woman too. I was just in awe.
Ravey/Last Exile - Took me a minute to recognize but I simply adored her costume and how authentic and well done it was!
Wakka/Lulu Couple - Cute and beautiful costumes, I couldn't help but get all giddy around them. Such a sweet couple ^^ Brilliant idea, I love it when couples cosplay anime couples!

Some of my more abstract favorites were the NekoBus, the mascot version of Sailor Bubba, and of course the Pocky group XD Die Flan die!! Mini Vash was a cutey too XD Okay.. umm... I'll shut up now x_x I rambled on longer than I intended. But :heart: to all FFX-2 and X cosplayers I didn't mention, I adore anyone who does any of those costumes ^^ And also a :heart: to the Wind Pretear ^^ Pretear is awesome!! I know I saw you around.

Beverly
05-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh my God! I can't believe I forgot the Baralai.. That was PERFECT, the hair was just.. holy crap. I have a photo of him and me around somewhere... ^^ Totally, TOTALLY excellent! Oh, oh and like Maryssa said, the Majin Boo guy was DEAD ON. I got to tell him so, too! Hee! =D

And thank you all for the sweet comments on Yuna. ^^ I had SO MUCH FUN, getting an award was just icing on the cake. ^^ I was so honored, I couldn't even believe it. Jia saw me make the "Miss Congeniality" fingers-over-the-open-mouth face. XD XD XD It was so fun to see all the other Songstresses.. GOD, we should have all gotten together for a big photo! =D

DaphHime
05-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Chrno Crusade Group - T_T I was so happy!! Good CC cosplay!! And its the whole group too!! Rosette, Chrno, Azmaria, Satella, and even the three nuns! So well done, I especially loved Rosette and Chrno; had to hug her/him because I was so happy ^^;;; I went fangirlish then lol.

Thanks! I was the Satella in that group. The huge Chrno Crusade group was Rosette's idea. She also made the majorty of the costumes for that group. ^_^

Probably whould have had more picuters taken of me with that group if I hadden't spent most of the time in that costume watching the masqurade and getting extreamly upset over the missing Excel costume.

AngelSamui
05-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Angelsamui (*can't remember the costume name~*): I'm sorry I'm rather unfamiliar with your costumes, though I can't help but gawk at them because a.) you're such a pretty lady and b.) you do your costumes so well. I remember seeing your red catish costume Friday night and even the year before if I'm not mistaken. Yea! Because I think I have a picture of you from last year XD Then Saturday I saw you Chrono Cross costume, of course I didn't know what it was then, but it was just so totally awesome.

Awww thanks. *blush* Don't worry, I seem to pick costumes no one recognizes, lol! Be sure to stop me and say hello next time you spot me at a con if I don't spot you first. ^_^ *wanders off to ~try~ finish posting her own con photos*

KoziBot
06-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Ha! Cool! Someone remembers me! ;) Well, first off, Thank You So Very Much! I'm an attention whore, I know it, but that just means my day is made when people pay attention to me. :D

Yeah, I love George, and everyone said that I looked a lot like him, so I just had to cosplay him. I think it turned out pretty well. Anyway, thank you again for your compliment! :heart:

How can you say NO ONE LIKED YOUR GACKT AND GEORGE?!

Heh .. they both start with G ... *giggle*

You were an awesome guy to meet, and I do hope you return to ACen next year ... perhaps as our stationary Gackt in one of our next Malice Mizer groups? *winkwink,nudgenudge*

You and Dormouse were totally cute. I'm still miffed for Christina that she got called to win and it was a mistake *beats idiot people with a stick*

sefie_tilmitt
06-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it was frustrating because we weren't allowed to go on stage together either, which would have helped make the presentation even better ^^. Tsubame_Gaeshi did look fantastic though.

I really enjoyed seeing the Berserker Costumes (as it seems most people did), and I was totally jealous of (oh dear, the name escapes me...) vinyl Selphie's nunchucks. What were those made out of? They were amazing.

How can you say NO ONE LIKED YOUR GACKT AND GEORGE?!

Heh .. they both start with G ... *giggle*

You were an awesome guy to meet, and I do hope you return to ACen next year ... perhaps as our stationary Gackt in one of our next Malice Mizer groups? *winkwink,nudgenudge*

You and Dormouse were totally cute. I'm still miffed for Christina that she got called to win and it was a mistake *beats idiot people with a stick*

Troppy
06-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Vinyl Selphie (Ashiri_chan)'s nunchucks were built by Pikmin_Link, and they were made of wood. I was amazed by them all day long, being the Rinoa she was with, and constantly had to poke at them and ask questions. XD ...they were very glossed over, though, and if she hadn't told me wood, I would have assumed some sort of metallic plastic... incredible craftsmanship. ^-^

effembee
07-04-2004, 03:23 PM
And also a :heart: to the Wind Pretear ^^ Pretear is awesome!! I know I saw you around.

Oh! *sniffle* Thank you so much! It's good to know that someone knows who I am. ^_^ Thank you so much! Your trainer outfit was great as well. ^_^ :heart: :heart: :heart: to you!

R1KKu
07-04-2004, 06:53 PM
All costumes were good. There is no "Best Cosplay"

Cosplay is not about being the best or doing everything you can to win award after award. It's about having fun and meeting new people.

dchan
07-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I was part of the Violinist of Hameln masquerade group ^^; <3Acen<3

There are too many good cosplayers! My favorites list would take pages x.x;
Everyone who cosplayed gets a cookie XD

---

Oo! I know some of these ^_^

Darn I can't remember your name, but during the masquerade you had white wings, and all that armor that looked like metal plate with large shoulder pieces. I wish I could have seen you more closely but wow..that looked insanely cool too!

Saeru-chan! ^_^ She was cosplaying as Balmung from .hack

Oh yes.. and Ballgown Deedlit! That was sooo adorable and well made!

Niko ^_^

Sai
07-05-2004, 02:41 AM
Well I saw a well done Miho costume...I got really excited ^^

ZoraLink
07-05-2004, 09:59 AM
i saw in the first few pages (then got lazy and didnt read the rest...)...bu the old school FF cosplays: rydia, cecil, edgar, locke, celes, terra, rosa (sry zelda cosplayers!)

i only saw a couple of each tho...so kudos to you guys ^^ hope to join the list ~_^

Jaquii
07-05-2004, 08:06 PM
i saw in the first few pages (then got lazy and didnt read the rest...)...bu the old school FF cosplays: rydia, cecil, edgar, locke, celes, terra, rosa (sry zelda cosplayers!)

i only saw a couple of each tho...so kudos to you guys ^^ hope to join the list ~_^

I'm so offended! You don't like us Zelda cosplayers... ;_; lol

ZoraLink
07-05-2004, 09:16 PM
lol...of course i dont...i hate u guys...especially since i....cosplay...zelda...? lol

i luv zelda cosplayers too ^_^

Explicit Lyrics
07-07-2004, 07:41 PM
I was Die from Dir en Grey and Yoshiki I was also with a Hide But i loved both of the Mana's! SID WAS GREAT TO! I GOT YUYA"S DRUMSTICK AND GLAASES AND I GAVE HIM A POISON RING ..Which is now a little joke between us...*snickers*

FantasyAngel
08-05-2004, 05:40 PM
That was actually a good friend of mine by the name of Fantasy Angel! ^.^ She was really cute, wasn't she?

Oh so now I'm cute? What are ou doing, coming on to me?!?!?! I'm kiddin, I'm kiddin! (You know I love you!) You looked cute as Pretear FMB! The pink hair was sexy! LoL!

Oh yeah, I loved all of the cosplays! Everyone did great jobs! Yay for awesome ACen cosplays!

~Fantasy Angel:heart:

niphrodel
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I think my two very favorite cosplays this year are:

1) RikkuX's Faye Valentine. Rroowwrr! She was so seksay! She had all the poses done perfectly and she looked so GOOD doing them ^_~

2) This Gendo at AnimeBoston who was EXACTLY like the real Ikari Gendo... he did the Gendo pose with the finger pushing up his glasses, and... WOW o_O. It freaked me out how amazingly GENDO he was.

Shaft
08-13-2004, 09:12 PM
I saw a lot of cool king of fighters characters!

ChibiRydia
08-14-2004, 07:26 AM
I think my two very favorite cosplays this year are:

1) RikkuX's Faye Valentine. Rroowwrr! She was so seksay! She had all the poses done perfectly and she looked so GOOD doing them ^_~

2) This Gendo at AnimeBoston who was EXACTLY like the real Ikari Gendo... he did the Gendo pose with the finger pushing up his glasses, and... WOW o_O. It freaked me out how amazingly GENDO he was.

Totally! RikkuX made a great Faye!! Perfect.
But all of her costumes are inspirational.

I think I saw that Gendo, too. It was so amazing! He looks like the real deal. :cool:

keitaro849
08-31-2004, 07:16 AM
I had a kick ass kenshin cosplay. did you see it? :cool: :p

yummivix
08-31-2004, 07:51 AM
I saw a lot of cosplay on here that just amazed me so much. I can't remember them all, but I ADORED Yuffiebunny's Berserker Rikku very much. It was so dead on.

R1KKu
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
I saw a lot of cosplay on here that just amazed me so much. I can't remember them all, but I ADORED Yuffiebunny's Berserker Rikku very much. It was so dead on.

There was another Berserker Rikku there? And YuffieBunny no less! Why did I miss this?

Tiara
08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
There was another Berserker Rikku there? And YuffieBunny no less! Why did I miss this?

She wasn't at acen.

yummivix
08-31-2004, 08:55 PM
yah, lots and lots of pictures. These are ones from her gallery, but I saw that other people had some too. She won an award for it, I know that.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=153403
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=170112
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=155712
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=184720
http://community.webshots.com/s/image13/0/2/11/155000211FZfiDV_ph.jpg
http://yuffiebunny.com/next92.jpg
http://yuffiebunny.com/next89.jpg

ACen Guy Brown
09-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Best cosplay of 2004?

well I will have to go with these two (http://www.freewebs.com/acenguys/pics/04acen211.png). Their costumes just fit them well, there is just something slightly off about them that makes them perfect.