PDA

View Full Version : One or the Other?

Anjierusu
05-17-2004, 07:15 AM
11 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 20 seconds left until Animazement 2004

:: Spasms, siezures and dies ::

Animazement is so near! The excitement is enough to rip you apart! >_<

So, what I'm wondering is, which outweighs the other for you guys?

ONE--That Animazement is so close, you get to see all the cool people, wear and see awesome costumes, be out of the presence of all the ordinary people you're usually with, meet new awesome people, become more naturally hyper than you've ever been, be in an environment where random glompage is totally acceptable, and encouraged... and of course. The Rave! :dance: :: Doom chicka doom ::

Or TWO,-- that Animazement is so near, you have to cram to get things done, and there are so many aspects to consider, like whether the room reservation will run through, whether you'll suddenly lose your room or your registration card, if your costume screws up, if your transportation fails suddenly, or anything else that could fall right through your fingers and ruin the whole weekend! :eek:

What do you think? A couple of my friends are dead in the center saying "It's great that it's coming so fast, yet terribly frightening that it's here" and others are screaming at the tops of the lungs "I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you! ::latch::" and of course, some of them are just freaking out because they have so much work to do. What's your take?

kohaku3589
05-17-2004, 07:48 AM
I was excited but I am an example of plans falling through I have no room anymore cause I have no money I was supposed to stay with a friend but her mom said that it was already full and I could not go I hope you all have fun!! maybe a convention somewhere else later this year :)

quadrain61
05-17-2004, 07:49 AM
<---- #2

I need sleep before the con. Last exam is on pre con day. I'm studying too hard that i'm forgetting things. I'm getting my pass thursday but not coming till friday and something could happen then. :goes get ready for orthodontist appointment:

onnawufei
05-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Somewhere in the middle, leaning more towards #2. But every year it's the same mad rush to finish things, and a sick twisted part of me likes it that way. It's that adrenaline rush and the amazing feeling when I've pulled it all together last second. *L*

Though Todd and I are amazed that both of us have pretty much everything we need for our costumes. For weeks we've been spending every Monday looking for things and all of a sudden we have nothing to do this Monday.

Shadablade
05-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Sorta stuck in the middle here. My luck is so uncertain thngs can swing either way in an instant (work has already tried to pull my days off for ani and they did get thursday :( ) Costume nearing compleation so thats good...only thing that really worries me is some thing like the car breaks down and i got to use the cash to fix it.

Other than that im hyper as hell...people at work are telling me to shut-up as its all i seem to talk about! (Sadly these people think its add for a 27yr old to be an anime addict)

See ya at the con!! :bigtu:

Finding Beauty
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
I'd have to say, sadly, for me it's number two. I'm nowhere near being ready for it, and since I work somewhere that it's deathly difficult to get holidays off (not to mention two days in a row on a holiday weekend), I'm getting to the point of wondering if I'll just have to quit my job in order to be able to go. =X And yes, I would do that, since I've had these plans for month.

As it is, I don't have my costumes fully together yet, either. x_x; I've got less than two weeks left to sew an Unknown coat. And it's going to be even less time by the time my material gets here. Eee.

Kilayi
05-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Ack... definately #2....
i have soo much left to do.... *runs away to finish things*

fairel
05-17-2004, 08:47 PM
I think your a friend of some of my friends (are you angelleviathan person?) if so, then you know laura and stephen who are friends of mines.

I would go with door number 1!! Partly because I was dumb enough not check the con site... and thought that the con was this weekend. So I already am just about done with my rosa costume and have decided to make an additional costume: Spatula ninja of dooom!.

Kaicyios
05-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Animazement being so close, I am strongly feeling #2 right now. I'm bringing a group of people with me, some of which have never been to a con. So I'm having to plan everything. Everything is pretty much set, I just need to finalize a few things.

I planned the last con that we went to, and everything seemed fine. Until, I and the other few people that were coming with me were waiting in anticipation for our ride to show up and take us to the con. 2 hours pass, I am sitting in the freezing cold, on a park bench on main street, in the middle of tennessee, getting kicked HARD by two other people, dressed as a samurai. The looks I got... In the end, we found a ride last minute and everything worked out.

Like I said, I am strongly feeling #2 right now, but I think that #1 balances it out. In the end, it is definately worth it. ^.^}})

Farmboybob
05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm a #1. That's just the kinda person I am. Sure I have work left to do and need to prepare alot of things, but I'm a optimist, I always see the bright side of things. It takes alot to get me into panic mode.

SakeNinja2
05-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh it's gotta be ONE! I go to AZ to drink, relax, hang out with friends, and get away from the stress school and work!

char_hakkai
05-18-2004, 12:54 AM
I've got freaking FINALS this week, my costumes aren't done (I don't even have one of them), I'm working two jobs, looking for an apartment and about to be kicked out on the streets.
So.
I'd have to go with #2.

I am really looking forward to the con; I need a vacation, and I'll get to see all my friends again.
It's just...getting there...is going to be difficult. x_x

Anjierusu
05-18-2004, 02:19 AM
I think your a friend of some of my friends (are you angelleviathan person?) if so, then you know laura and stephen who are friends of mines.

I would go with door number 1!! Partly because I was dumb enough not check the con site... and thought that the con was this weekend. So I already am just about done with my rosa costume and have decided to make an additional costume: Spatula ninja of dooom!.

Yes, I am Angelus the Leviathan. and yeah@ Stephen and Laura are the greatest! Are you the girl who was wearing the white dress Stephen made? I look forward to see what he makes this year.

DancingVampire
05-18-2004, 10:01 AM
<----#1, my costume will be ready this weekend its almost done and I'm looking fowards to the con my friday outfit is just my normal clothing (which is strange enough to be a costume)

liz-maru
05-18-2004, 10:48 AM
----> #2 *dies* -_______________________-

fairel
05-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Yes, I am Angelus the Leviathan. and yeah@ Stephen and Laura are the greatest! Are you the girl who was wearing the white dress Stephen made? I look forward to see what he makes this year.

Nope, I believe that was megan. I actually did not cosplay with stephen and laura last time. I was one of those weird pirates running around saying "arrr" the whole time.

I did cosplay with him a few years ago before laura and him started cosplaying together. Last time we cosplayed there, I had a purple dress with wings and he was in his glass and big wings outfit and my brother was chained to him and was wearing all black... but I don't know if anyone would remember that. I was also a girl moogle person. Ar.. you probubly won't remember that either, but look for me! I will be in a final fantasy IV costume (rosa) and will be very shiny and have lots of dangles.. and will be with a very blue looking person with a white wig (cecil).. we will also be in the costume contest.

This may be a secret... but he will be showing up with a group of people in Angel sanctuary costumes this year. I hear he has some VERY big wings that.. exend!
I have not seen his costumes just yet, but they are sounding very impressive.

Lovelyangel_81
05-18-2004, 01:44 PM
I am struck in the middle. On the verge on #2. I have a great hope that I will complete my costumes by the end of this week and weekend. *Hopefully* ^^;;

Rei2Rei
05-18-2004, 06:34 PM
9 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds left!

Mwhahaha...# 1 for me! :bigtu: I've been finished with my costumes for awhile so I'm not worried about them.
# 1 describes me pretty good. I 'tis be the type that runs around all excited about it :thumbsup:

meedlymee
05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
im freaking out. im done with my costume but my wig isnt here yet and i just found out i have friday off from work too and im so pissed because that means i could have gone for both friday and saturday but because my boss sucks i can still only go on saturday due to lack of a room.

nervewracking. that wig is vital to my costume.

Oshi
05-19-2004, 04:34 AM
For the first time prior to a con EVER... I can safely say, #1. ;D
Only... on a lesser degree. Pretty much going down to have a relaxing Memorial Day weekend, chillin' with friends...
I'm probably not cosplaying *shrug* And if I am, won't be any new costumes.

But I sure will be occupying the pool/hottub! woohoo! :D

Goddess Cookie
05-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Here's what I'm going thru...YAY ITS COMING!!! And Oh crap I don't have this of I can't get that...Crap! So yeah...not go feeling being in between...

GreatSG
05-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty much set for the con, so everything's cool with me.

quadrain61
05-20-2004, 05:15 PM
update: I'm pretty much #1 now but I'll be stressing out the next week because of exams.

I'm going out to bestbuy to grab a free tripod tomorrow

DDR Faery Spice
05-20-2004, 06:34 PM
others are screaming at the tops of the lungs "I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you! ::latch::"
This is me. I'm all like "OMG!OMG!" and stuff. It makes me so happy. Yeah, so my costume isn't done yet. Gimme 6 hours this weekend and, given that I don't collapse from work overload, I'll pull it off. Course, I do have a 6-page paper and novel project to finish as well, not to mention getting packed coz I'm moving in two weeks...But hey, I'm all optimistic today coz I finally finished recovery for my math teacher. Yay! All that's left now is 6 hours for English! I'm gonna(finally) be a senior!!!!

I'm probably not cosplaying *shrug* And if I am, won't be any new costumes.

But I sure will be occupying the pool/hottub! woohoo!
Only one of my costumes is new. The Faery is made and the "Sake Ninja Girl" involves an apron and bike shorts. Which I have. But yeah. If you're gonna be chillin' at the hottub, watch out for the 'Ninjas. They're harmless, but a little frightening.:D

Nope, I believe that was megan. I actually did not cosplay with stephen and laura last time. I was one of those weird pirates running around saying "arrr" the whole time.
It was Megan...I have a memory for random things like that. ^^; Were you one of the people in the pirate cosplay with Chiki-chan??? Or the pirate-hat-wearing girl who did karaoke?

This may be a secret... but he will be showing up with a group of people in Angel sanctuary costumes this year. I hear he has some VERY big wings that.. exend!
I have not seen his costumes just yet, but they are sounding very impressive.
This makes me very happy. ^_^ Steven's groups always have such cool costumes. I hope he enters the karaoke contest again this year--he has such a nice voice.
I'll admit it--I secretly worship him. XD

SakeNinja2
05-20-2004, 09:01 PM
If you're gonna be chillin' at the hottub, watch out for the 'Ninjas. They're harmless, but a little frightening. Yeah we came down to the hot tub making a bit of a ruckus Fri after the dance last year and accidently scared off some girls. But we're harmless fun! This Fri after the dance, FOAM PARTY at the hot tub!!!!!!!!!! We got the foam, BYOB, NO glass!

fairel
05-21-2004, 12:53 PM
This is me. I'm all like "OMG!OMG!" and stuff. It makes me so happy.

That is so totally me as well! I am verrry exited, it's so soon!

Only one of my costumes is new. The Faery is made and the "Sake Ninja Girl"

Dude.. I am not making a sake ninja girl costume, but I am making a spatula ninja costume.. because I am random like that, but yes.. I think I feel a ninja challenge comming on!

It was Megan...I have a memory for random things like that. ^^; Were you one of the people in the pirate cosplay with Chiki-chan??? Or the pirate-hat-wearing girl who did karaoke?

Yes I was with the pirate-hat wearing karaoke girl. I was the blonde pirate person, and I had a red sash thing across my chest and knee high black buckle up boot things. I also did karaoke.. but it was after everybody was gone and we took over the stage and stuffs.

This makes me very happy. ^_^ Steven's groups always have such cool costumes. I hope he enters the karaoke contest again this year--he has such a nice voice.

Yes he does do very kewl costumes. I am not sure if he is doing karaoke.. I think he isn't, but I could be wrong.

Now the big question is.... Who be you??? Would you be someone that I would remember??? What did you cosplay as last year??
Anyways, you should totally look for me and say hi or give a random glomp or something. I will be in a VERY shiny costume with lots and lots and lots of beads and trims and tassles along with my best friend who will be in a very shiny blue costume with even more trims and beads and tassles than you could shake a stick at or something.

Oshi
05-21-2004, 01:40 PM
If you're gonna be chillin' at the hottub, watch out for the 'Ninjas. They're harmless, but a little frightening.:DHahah, I worry not; I'm one of the Ninja brethren ;D

Anjierusu
05-21-2004, 02:32 PM

You're not the only one. ;)

DDR Faery Spice
05-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Whee...we should start a Steven fan club to try and freak him out. XD I can see it now...
Hey Oshi: you are Ninja brethren? Would I know you?
fairel: heehee...ninja challenge? Sounds like it would make for good photo op! Battle Ninjas!!! ^_^ I need to find a cool prop. Maybe a martini mixer affixed to the end of a big stick. ::cracks up:: Anyway, my costumes for last year: part of Friday, Hinoki from Betterman; most of the con, the DDR Faery; a little bit of Saturday, Suu from Clover. check out my photos for the pics. ^^ Oh, and I was in the karaoke contest, one of the runners-up. I sang "Adieu" from Cowboy Bebop, coz Yoko Kanno is my goddess and I worship her, and I'll be singing "Shell"(the Witch Hunter Robin ending) or"Fukai Mori"(Inu-Yasha ending) this year in the contest. Will you have your site name on your badge or be wearing the purple c.c ribbon? I shall!

See you all in THREE DAYS!

Avanon
05-24-2004, 10:07 PM
I am a spazzing depressed psycho hyper maniac with lots to do!
By the way, I reserve quality seizure time for farmboybob and me :))

fairel
05-24-2004, 10:21 PM
yes I will definetly try to remember to wear a purple ribbon on my badge.
I will most definetly be dressed as a ninja on friday with all my spatula ninja buds (there should be like four of us).

I will look for you and I think I remember you from your pics. Can't wait for the con!!!!

quadrain61
05-24-2004, 10:36 PM
crap i already forgot about the purple ribbon thing... :sleep:

DDR Faery Spice
05-25-2004, 03:17 PM
heeheehee...I finally found a weapon-thingy for the Sake Ninja Girl outfit--a martini mixer-strainer-thingy on a stick!!! I'm just gonna tape it to my Nami stick Friday. We have to get pics as one big group, fairel!

fairel
05-26-2004, 03:04 AM
heeheehee...I finally found a weapon-thingy for the Sake Ninja Girl outfit--a martini mixer-strainer-thingy on a stick!!! I'm just gonna tape it to my Nami stick Friday. We have to get pics as one big group, fairel!

Sweeeet! Yes definetly... are you gonna be ninja friday? sunday? We will so look for you and take pictures, but beware... our spatulas may look like regular household objects.. but inside them is awesome power! ehem... I mean .. err.. yayy con is sooooon!

evaneko
05-26-2004, 03:27 PM
I would say I fall into the #1 category, but slightly into the #2 category due more to all the other non-AZ related stuff I need to get done by Friday, and not so much that I'm not quite ready for AZ...

Dracos
05-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Iku's Answer: A BIG combination of #1 AND #2.

Because at first I'm all.. "YEAH! AWESOME! OMGWTF!BBQ! CONVENTION TIME =D!" But...
On the other hand.. It's Wednesday, right before the con.. AND I'M STILL WORKING ON MY COSTUME. XD

So at the same time, you think "YAY! F&#$! YAY! F&#$!" ..And then I start to confuse myself.

Maybe I'll overload my brain and have a seizure like Farmboybob XD