PDA

View Full Version : Scar help

Sephina
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm dressing up as Kenshin Himura soon and I was wondering if you guys could help with the scar. I'm not sure what I should use to acomplish this. Could you guys give me some simple and inexpensive ideas?

Space Invader
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
This should go in the makeup technique forum...

I would suggest liquid latex. Get a color darker than your skintone and slightly red-ish (you may have to mix it to get the color) and glob it on. It dries in a few minutes. To keep it from sticking to anything, lightly dust it with some baby powder.

Lone Sheep
05-17-2004, 02:37 PM
If you do a quick search on "scar" in the forum you'll find a lot of helpful threads. ^^ (I did that recently as a friend of mine needed the same help)~

Here's a good one to start with: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=31369

Good luck~! ^_^

-Nayami-
05-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Scars aren't too difficult to work with, once you know what you're doing.

I usually "paint" on the scar using a variety of coloured make-up: I use a red base, and add hints of yellow, purple, and black in order to give it more depth. Then, over it, I put a couple of thin layers of rigid collodion. This scrunches up the skin, giving it a realistic scar effect.

I used this on my friend's face for her Kenshin cosplay. Only thing is, collodion smells pretty bad (and its strong, too), and you want to make sure to keep the fumes out of your eyes. Luckily, it does dry fast. And it looks fairly realistic, too. A lot of people came up to her and were like, "I thought your scar was real!"