PDA

View Full Version : Neutrogena for Men Face Wash - Highly Recommend

Tamer Brad
05-18-2004, 02:29 PM
For any men looking to clear up their skin for cosplay, I highly recommend this product. I've had it for less than 24 hours and I can already notice a huge difference. Granted, it's only for simple acne, but it works well. There is almost no redness left in my face and within a few days it should be completely clear. It's not horribly expensive either ($11CAD a bottle) and definitely a wise investment.

Venardhi
05-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, just ran out of my loreal stuff and cant find it anywhere, so maybe Ill pick this up insted.

Tamer Brad
05-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, just ran out of my loreal stuff and cant find it anywhere, so maybe Ill pick this up insted.

Haha your thread inspired me to look into this product ^^;

Genki Panda
05-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Hrm... I don't know any guys who've used this stuff... but for those the Neutrogena stuff doesn't work for... a really good and much stronger stuff is Proactive (I think that's its name O_o;...).

As I said, none of my guy friends use this, but it is supposed to work well for both female and male skin. Currently this is one of the only things that keeps my face clear.

The downside: You have to mail order it and a two-months supply is around $30-$40 (I can't remember the exact cost... sorry). Plus you have to remember to use it when you get up in the morning and before you go to bed at night for best results. And don't forget that sunscreen...

But it works for most people I know who've used it. You just need to be consistant. But if the much cheaper stuff works I say go for that instead.

Thought I'd add my two cents ^_^;.

Anele
05-18-2004, 11:47 PM
My brother uses ProActiv. Needless to say, his skin looks good (and, believe me, you can barely catch me saying good things about my brother, hehe).

ObsidianGT
05-19-2004, 12:04 AM
What has worked best for me was a natural product that I picked up at Trader Joes. It's called "Lavender - Herbal Salt Scrub. With St Johns and Celtic Sea Salt." Or something similar to that. It's a 23 Oz container, short and round with a gold-colored top. It's made by a company called "Sunshine SPA" I think. It's not too tough to find. I highly recommend it.

All you have to do is wash you face with something OTHER than soap (never let body soap touch your face - use special facial soap, like Neutrogena facial wash) then simply take a small amount into your hands and gently rub it on your face. Start at your forehead and work it down through your temple, cheeks and nose, etc. Rub with a slight pressure, not too much, not too little. This is to help exfoliate the skin. The stuff feels very oily but is very soothing.

I have both a dry and an oily face. I used to wash my face with my Dial or Irish Spring body soap and that would leave my face very VERY dry after my showers. Then soon after it would get very VERY oily. This stuff has brought my face under balance and control. The moment I get out of the shower my face feels baby smooth (no kidding!) and continues to have the same amount of oils in it throughout the day (instead of it getting more oily as the day goes on). I love this stuff. I've never had a huge problem with acne but I've always had a BIG problem with dryness. Then recently my forehead started breaking out terribly (I'm 22 years old!). My doctor thought it was stress related. But my mom suggested this stuff (she's a certified health nut - a naturopathic (http://www.naturopathic.org/) doctor). It has worked like a dream. Give it a shot, it's really inexpensive!

EDIT: I found a link of the exact product!
http://www.lifesvigor.com/prod/15520/

Pic:
http://www.lifesvigor.com/pimages/091101.jpg

JunJun
05-19-2004, 11:20 AM
I think my little bro may use ProActiv, too. His face has improved immensely since beginning it. (I think the dermatologist suggested he use it)

Venardhi
05-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I used proactiv for a short time, but it never really worked for me as well as it promised, cleaned up my cheeks a bit, but didnt clean up my skin as much as I expected from a special-order product. My body seems to have a very high tolerance to a lot of medicine and other such things though, so Im not surprised.

Genki Panda
05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
I had one friend have a problem with ProActiv... it caused her pores to close and if she missed even one cleansing with the stuff her face broke out horribly... in fact I got my first kit from her cause when she told to company what happened they refunded her money and sent her another kit O_o;;...

I think it depends on the type of skin you have on whether it works or not.

I am intrigued by that Trader Joe's stuff... I <3 Trader Joe's very much and I look for any excuse to go... *plots*