PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk

Alaria
11-23-2002, 04:31 AM
I remember nine years ago (its really been that long, hasn't it....) my friend and I used to sit and read through the Slam Dunk manga...it was a Taiwanese creation then. She'd have to translate it for me of course. Now, I've started trying to collect the anime to watch. Has anyone seen the anime and think its better/worse that the manga...lol, for that matter, does anyone even remember the original manga :)

Pool Cue Ronin
11-27-2002, 03:22 PM
I think the manga is being translated as we speak. I forgot who will be publishing it, but it's going to be in a weekly magazine. I'll tell you when I remember.
;_;

nekochan
11-27-2002, 09:20 PM
wow! i remember slam dunk.. it was so cool.. and the guys were hot. of course i was like.. what, 10, 11? it was an obsession stage.. i even had stickers! hehe.. but i didn't know there was an anime..

*Jibrielle*
11-03-2003, 05:24 PM
I love the anime....never seen the manga...I want the box set...

baku_neko
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Raijin Comics publishes Slam Dunk in English. They put a few chapters in their monthly manga mag, and I think they like have 3 GN's out right now.

noahrave
11-17-2003, 03:30 PM
I have completed watching the Slam Dunk series and movies and recently cosplayed Hanamichi for Anime Reactor this year... I hope the wear the uniform once again come Anime Central in 2004. This time without the horrid red wig (rather dye my hair red, since I keep my hair short anyway).

Adrian

Alaria
11-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Heehee, wow , people actually respond to this thread still; its so old! But I'm glad to know there are other fans of Slam Dunk out there. I'm trying to collect the anime so I can watch it and compare it to the manga. I'd luv to get the manga in English as well, so I can read the entire thing for myself as opposed to having my friend translate for me =D

Studmaster
11-17-2003, 04:36 PM
The Manga is avalible in English from Raijin Comics as we speak right now. I have to honestly say that I'm enjoying this series a lot. Even though it seems very long, it is well done. I need to get more of it myself.

Chosuke
11-17-2003, 04:37 PM
I love Slam Dunk!
I own the manga series, and the movies as well.

I am just waiting for the time when i can cosplay it also ^^;;

*Jibrielle*
11-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I was reading newtype the other day and Japan released a box set. :D

noahrave
11-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Go Sakuragi-kun!!!

He's an idiot and a genius, likable and you just wanna smack him around sometime. Slam Dunk where you got a guy who acts...like a normal teenager not the god-awful prefect flawless dudes in some animes nowadays...

Laters,
Adrian