PDA

View Full Version : NYC Gathering?

Rymel
05-18-2004, 08:29 PM
i'm trying to set up a meetup for members of another forum, Dejitaru Anime (http://www.dejitaru-anime.com) , and i thought i'd try and get cosplay.com members in on the gathering as well. would anyone be interested? here's some preliminary info, obviously it needs a lot of tweaking out. since it was start on DA and a very large majority of their members are young i'm semi-biasing the vote to DA since some of them can't go to certain places or stay late. but hey it probly applies here too so whatever.

What: DA/Cē Meetup!
When: TBD. weekend preferred.
Where: TBD. popular options would be Central Park, Battery Park, Chelsea Waterfront Park, a Chinatown park, or if it's too hot/raining...the Times Square Food Court, Rockafeller Center. these aren't concrete of course, and suggestions are welcome! it just has to be relatively easy to get to.
Time: TBD. 12pm-4pm sound good?
Activities: This right here's up to you people. picnic, photos, hacky sack, devil sticks, water fight, conversational circles...you get the idea. cosplay's optional. i just wanna have a gathering, period.

sailor-moon
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
CENTRAL PARK CANDY-MAN! XD

you sooo know my vote counts for like...39086549086590485904 people >: D cause im special like that ^_~.

Tainted-Embrace
05-18-2004, 09:08 PM
I voted Central Park too^^'
If I can go - that's were it should be.
Heheh.<3

NeikoRae
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Id go, central park would be fun!

Biku-Chan
05-18-2004, 09:49 PM
I voted for Central Park. ^.^

Kumaneko
05-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I've never been to central park ^^; Well, 2 years ago was my first time in time's square too... You would think I lived far away, instead of 10miles from NYC...

And to keep up my record, I vote for the park under the GWB on the NJ side.. it's nice and scenic, unique, and.. mitsuwa market is down the street (japanese super market and strip mall)

TheAnarCHris
05-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Okay are we talking for cosplay or not? If for cosplay, CP. If not, wherever, although I think CP would be the best regional wise.

HOWEVER, I am a big fan of Kumaneko's idea, being familiar with the said area...but we should save that for a possible New Jeresy cosplay gathering no?

As for dates, the NYO!/Otaku Army's annual picnic "Ani-mess 3: You bring the booze, we bring the drunk" is slated for July 18th, which is two weeks after 4th of July, plus 2 weeks before Otakon. If you want to do some sort of merger, this would rock tasty abs, washer board style no?

That would be a Tenacious D reference folks. If you're not listening to the D, you should probably kill yourself.

yesod
05-18-2004, 10:25 PM
yeah.... this place totoaly sounds like a good idea!!!!

And to keep up my record, I vote for the park under the GWB on the NJ side.. it's nice and scenic, unique, and.. mitsuwa market is down the street (japanese super market and strip mall)
tho central park sounds fun too.
as for dates... lesse.... i vote for not on the weekend of june 19th. goin to postcon maine ^^"

but regardless of where it is... ill totally be up for a gathering. im closeish to nyc too, plus im good at draging someone along with me!

(there.... i posted. you happy rymel? ^_~)

TheAnarCHris
05-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah definetly not june 19th. animeNEXT is that weekend, and a lot of us are going.

Kumaneko
05-19-2004, 12:14 AM
HOWEVER, I am a big fan of Kumaneko's idea, being familiar with the said area...but we should save that for a possible New Jeresy cosplay gathering no?

The idea is NYC area, it's under the GWB right! ^^; if we were discussing a New Jersey picnic, there are nicer, easier to get to places to have a picnic ^^ I know a few nice parks in central and northern new jersey that could be ideal locations.

looks like almost everyone wants central park anyway, so my opinion counts for very little hehe

KaineMaxwell
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Central Park sounds good to me. When detials of a NJ gathering come up, lemme know. I'll help out with that being in North Hell, I mean NJ.

TheAnarCHris
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
The idea is NYC area, it's under the GWB right! ^^; if we were discussing a New Jersey picnic, there are nicer, easier to get to places to have a picnic ^^ I know a few nice parks in central and northern new jersey that could be ideal locations.

looks like almost everyone wants central park anyway, so my opinion counts for very little hehe

Well keep in mind that jersey mass transit sucks for the most part, and the lot of us don't drive. But maybe we can do some sort of Jersey-event come August, a little after the NYC one.

Rymel
05-19-2004, 09:35 AM
i liked kumaneko's idea too, and i know NYO!'s is coming up, but hime no toki's leaving before that date i believe, and that was why i wanted to hold one a little sooner. i should've held this poll earlier in may but, well...i'm an idiot. a fat lazy idiot. so there. plus i'm not opposed to meeting people more than once a month (*le gasp!*), or every month, as hinted in the previous NE gathering thread...*cof*

TheAnarCHris
05-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Can't help you out man. I lot of us are booked straight til July, with preparations for animeNEXT, the Long Islander photoshoot, the fourth of July, and of course Otakon itself. But yeah, if u want to do a smaller gathering before the date I suggested, more power to ya, I just can't offer ya much support with everything I have to do.

Rymel
05-19-2004, 03:14 PM
so sew in the park XD;

dressdragn
05-19-2004, 03:47 PM
NY peoples are all invited to animess, CHris allready hooked you up with the dates. Cosplay wise, there's a photo shoot in august everyones invited to.

~Anna

Tainted-Embrace
05-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Hime no Toki aka Janet my friend is leaving to go to Flordia.
I wonder if me and her, can even get up to NYC - to go.
XD Lol we both live in Philly - 5 mins away from one another.

{ Hi Ry-Ry ^^' Talk to me tonight if you're on!<3. }

Rymel
05-19-2004, 08:35 PM
i'm well aware of the existing events, but janet's leaving soon so i wanted to have a smaller one for her before she leaves, but i also believe there's nothing wrong with multiple events. and while i joined NYO! and MA i think some non-group sanctioned events should happen every so often so that there isn't some kind of monopoly or whatever on holding events. i should be at animess though.

Kumaneko
05-20-2004, 07:43 AM
The number of people in attendence really has no impact on how much fun the "event" can be, so if people decide not to go that's fine ^^

TheAnarCHris
05-20-2004, 08:44 AM
K-neko raises an excellent point, an event is successful on only how fun one has, not how many ppl show up...granted i'm sure many a virgin on c.com has fun within mutiply times a week, it's that kinda talk that gets me banned....

Haha! Masterbation.

ANy-e-who, zombie squashing aside, there are non-sanctioned hang outs, but we don't advertise everyone of them. It's called hanging out.

But yeah Ani-Mess date has been secured, so anyone ready to rock that shiz-nit drop me a line and we'll start the plotting. Regarding anything else before hand, let the spammin begin and see where that leads to.

dressdragn
05-20-2004, 10:06 AM
By all means, the more events the better. I just wanted to give everyone the heads up. So yeah, let us know the date/time and I"ll try to be there.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
05-26-2004, 11:59 PM
If anyone's game, a bunch of us are meeting up by the mcdonalds in penn station on friday around 4:30 to go supply shopping and hang out. All are welcomed.

dressdragn
05-27-2004, 07:17 AM
I have work till 5. darn. um maybe i could meet up with you guys ltr. maybe not.

~Anna

Rymel
05-27-2004, 11:13 PM
thanks for calling me chris =p since i don't wanna leave the train station only to pay to get right back in...do i know anyone in your gropu that has a cell, or do you know if you'll be leaving penn station directly or coming back into the train station?

TheAnarCHris
05-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Nargh.

We'll be in that area shopping, so there's no need to take the train til we leave or go to Chinatown. We're now not meeting up til five anyway, so Anna, give Ray a buzz or somthing when ur done w/ work to find out where we are.

NeikoRae
06-06-2004, 08:39 PM
um.. soo... do we know what date this event may happen? sorry if that was posted already but with all the other gatherings im not sure which was where and if i read it here or there >_<

TheAnarCHris
06-07-2004, 04:05 PM
July 17th, Central Park. More info to come after animeNEXt.

NeikoRae
06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
ah ok thanks! and its for all anime cosplay correct? not just one type?

TheAnarCHris
06-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Nein, it's not for cosplay. Just for general hangage I believe.

Flippy
06-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Yeah Central Park would be cool but if we wanted to take pictures with a groups so large we'd need to get a permit....like we talked about last time but if the group was small then no prob....I don't want to pay for a stupid permit...blah!

TheAnarCHris
06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Hence this will be just a general hangout. We'll will have an actual, all anime/video photoshoot, later this year, once the weather cools down

Flippy
06-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Ah ......it was fricken middle 90ies yesterday....yeah you'd get all sweaty in your costume....if it was like yesterday.

freakyarcher
06-20-2004, 09:05 PM
ok, just got back from animenext (great-a-party!) and i wanted to know if you guys decided on a date and time for the nyc get together? if you have, were are we meeting before we go there?

TheAnarCHris
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Time no, but that date was decided already. Check back a page or two. As for a "meeting" FA do u mean we all meet up and travel together on said date, or an actual meeting of atendees before said date?

akira-aki
06-22-2004, 11:14 PM
hi hi to all
so a meeting huh?
mm is it cosplaying or just hanging out?
if its on july 17 count me in
i'll be around if u guys decide on a date k
oh yeah my name is aki
yeah animenext was great
to all who went
later

Mystic Blossom
06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I'll be in NYC for a college program from July 7th to the 30th, but I don't know when I'd be available for weekends. Would costumes be like, necessary? I've never attended a meetup outside a con, and don't have any useable costumes at the moment.

Flippy
06-25-2004, 03:46 PM
I'll mark July 17 down.

TheAnarCHris
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
This is a NON-costume event. Just a regular hang out...on a large scale. No cosplaying.

Flippy
06-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Sure....we'd not want anyone to feel silly because they are the only one in costume.

KaineMaxwell
06-26-2004, 04:23 PM
July 17th sounds good for me if that date stands. Ani-Mess picnic still next month too?

freakyarcher
06-27-2004, 08:18 PM
ok so july 17th :bigtu: do any of you know of what part of the park we will be invading? and what (if anything) is every one bringing? *very excited* :dance:

TheAnarCHris
06-27-2004, 11:01 PM
There's a section with a lot of rocks near the layground that we usually invade,s o im thinking we'll hit that up as usual....and while nothing is offical, I'm giving Neoangelwink the ol puppy dog eyes until she makes us cookies. XD

Flippy
06-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Cookies!!!! Now I have to go even if there's just a chance of there being free sweets there.....horray!!!!
I like the rocks and the bridge as a place to meet.

freakyarcher
06-28-2004, 03:55 PM
There's a section with a lot of rocks near the layground that we usually invade,s o im thinking we'll hit that up as usual....and while nothing is offical, I'm giving Neoangelwink the ol puppy dog eyes until she makes us cookies. XD

do you mean the big rocks surrounding the playground (with the see-saw and swings)?

Flippy
06-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I think so.....it's reallly close to a bridge, park w/ swings and a bathroom.

dressdragn
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Cookies=strong.

The rock place you speak of is near the south western side of the park. Rocks have good tatical advatage over lower ground normals.

~Anna

Sephy Unit 02
06-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Bah, July 17th? I think I might be at ConnectiCon. I'll try to go to CC the 16th and maybe sneak out to Central Park the next day. Hmmm...this will take careful planning for such a simple creature like myself. *Begins to ponder*

TheAnarCHris
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
No the event is on the 18th of July...but yes, the area near the playground is exactly where im talking about...small children are an excellent source of protein, I MEAN, pika pika! o^.^o

Sephy Unit 02
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok great, thanks for the info. I'll definitely be there :)

Flippy
07-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah it's on the 18th....I was worried it was on a saturday...yeah....what time about do you guys think we'll meet?

TheAnarCHris
07-11-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm gonna have all the info posted monday night, but as of now, we should be meeting up in penn between 12:30-1ish

TheAnarCHris
07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Alright here's the "Press Release"

Ani-mess picnic is set for Sunday, July 18th, from 1:30-???? Rain or Shine.

We'll be meeting up in penn between 12-1 (by Mcdonalds near the 1,2,3,9 lines),and then from there, depending on the weather we'll head to either Central Park if it's suny, or our secret base in Rockefellar center. If u need contact info, it can be provided via PM, IMs or Emails

CHris
Griever82482@aol.com

Flippy
07-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Wahh..I couldn't find you guys! I was trying to get my friend to go with me and he could go so I had to catch the later train. My friend gave me directions to the rocks which didn't sound right because I though it was near Columbus Circle but aparently it was by the Great Lawn. I got in Grand Central at about ten after one so I already missed you guys. Subways stink on the weekend routes by the way. I finally get over to 81 Central Park west at 2:30 and find this place that I had been sent to called Summit Rock which was not it. Next to the MET they have a park and a bathroom so I went over there and to all the other parks with bathrooms around there. I finally gave up after getting laughed at by a group of people cause I must have walked by them a couple times while I was walking in circles. Before leaving the park at like 4:00 I sat down with a bunch old people and ate my pocky that I brought with me throwing the bottoms to pigeons...it was a funny. Now I find out that the rocks where by Columbus Circle...uhhh...oh my! :dunce:

TheAnarCHris
07-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Wahh..I couldn't find you guys! I was trying to get my friend to go with me and he could go so I had to catch the later train. My friend gave me directions to the rocks which didn't sound right because I though it was near Columbus Circle but aparently it was by the Great Lawn. I got in Grand Central at about ten after one so I already missed you guys. Subways stink on the weekend routes by the way. I finally get over to 81 Central Park west at 2:30 and find this place that I had been sent to called Summit Rock which was not it. Next to the MET they have a park and a bathroom so I went over there and to all the other parks with bathrooms around there. I finally gave up after getting laughed at by a group of people cause I must have walked by them a couple times while I was walking in circles. Before leaving the park at like 4:00 I sat down with a bunch old people and ate my pocky that I brought with me throwing the bottoms to pigeons...it was a funny. Now I find out that the rocks where by Columbus Circle...uhhh...oh my! :dunce:

Awww :( We had sum problems with the rain, so we only said at CP for a lil bit....sorry that u missed it, we did wait for u at penn for a lil bit longer (Cyn told us u might be running a lil wait, so we waited til like 1:20) We had a larger turn out that we expected, so we might try something like this again in the near future.

Flippy
07-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Crapper...I could have made it then...poo!!! I didn't even think of going over to Penn since my trian go in at 1:10 and for the photoshoot we left earily even.