PDA

View Full Version : Faking Plucking?

Sashi
05-19-2004, 04:18 AM
I have a male friend that is gonna be crossplaying and I was wondering if there's any way to make it look as if his eyebrows have been plucked withought actually plucking them.But also don't want to make it obvious that it's covered up either.
Could he use a foundation or concealer for this or would stage makeup be better???

JunJun
05-19-2004, 10:18 AM
I think unless its done well, stage makeup may look too cakey. If his hair color is light, simple foundation would probably work. If dark, concealer might work, but it runs the risk of being cakey looking, if you don't use a brush to separate the hairs.
Try mascara! They make various colors of mascara.

Experiment, experiment, experiment.

Tamer Brad
05-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Why doesn't he just pluck his eyebrows? It doesn't hurt THAT much and they'll grow back in a matter of days. You can use tiny scissors specifically for this, too. :\

felicity869
05-19-2004, 11:42 AM
They have this goop that you put over your eyebrows to cover them up but I don't know if you could use it to only cover part of them. He could cover them completely and then draw girly ones on with an eyebrow pencil?
https://www.tgcosmetics.com/makeover/makeoverBrow.htm

China-Lilly
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
You can actually use soap to cover brows. The actual process I am unclear on because I've never done it myself, but a friend of mine says you just use a damp bar and stroke onto your brows until your brows are covered. Then you can apply makeup on top of that, and draw the brows back in.

Otherwise, there are a variety of products at theatrical makeup suppliers that will cover brows. I don't think you can partially cover though, you'd have to cover them all and draw the brow back in.

China-Lilly
05-19-2004, 09:41 PM
I found this online about how to cover brows and thought it would help you:

"I use Ben Nye spirit gum to stick down the eyebrows and use my palette knife to smooth it down onto the skin so it almost looks as if it is one. I then use Ben Nye nose and scar wax ands pread over a tiny bit using my palette knife and fade it out very thin into the skin, so you cannot see where it starts to ends. It just looks like normal skin. And Then I use tattoo cover, as the colours of it help to neutralise blue/black colours which are great for eyebrows. Then I start my foundation and then blend the foundation and adapt it as I need."

videogirlc
05-19-2004, 09:48 PM
You can always bleach them, and they will just grow out.

xie-chan
05-21-2004, 05:34 PM
He could wax them!

Seriously.. plucking's not that painful.. If they needed to go away though, they could just be shaved if it's for a day or so.

Karisu-sama
05-22-2004, 10:15 PM
I dunno if any of you have experience with plucking, waxing or shaving eyebrows, but I personally wouldn't risk it on any part of my brows except that which I intend to stay gone forever. Eyebrow hairs usually grow sloooooooooowly - or you'd need to keep cutting them. :p

xie-chan
05-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Yeah, waxing and plucking do take a bit to grow back, but I was under the impression it was just thinning the eyebrows a bit.

Shaving generally grows back MUCH more quickly as you're not getting the hair at the roots, but just cutting it. It's like shaving your legs or anything else.

JunJun
05-24-2004, 10:22 AM
I think the thing is that he doesn't want any permanence to what he's doing. If plucking's out, shaving and waxing probalby are too. IE, going back to work on monday, and being asked... your eyebrows... they're so lovely! Where did you get them done!?

Volksen
05-28-2004, 04:43 AM
I had mine waxed recently and just pluck to maintain them. It's not that bad.
As far as the soap method I got instructions on this before from the costume designer at school. You want to use a pure soap and moisten it then use your fingers to spread it on the brows, making sure to lay the hairs down flat. Then use a blow dryer to set the soap. Repeat this process until you have a layer completely covering the brows then you can apply your foundation and etc over them to conceal before adding the new brows.

Senko-chan
05-30-2004, 01:28 PM
he could always just pluck, once you get used to it, it doesn't hurt, and even in the begining it doesn't hurt that much.

STL_Cosplay
04-28-2007, 12:59 AM
there are strips that you can buy at any store that carries stage/performance makeup...they're applied with spirit gum (my best friend) and lay directly over the eyebrow.

spirit gum's a bit tricky though and if you haven't worked with it, make sure you get some tips before you leave the store...and a bottle of remover >.<

vampirate
04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
There've been a fair amount of threads on covering eyebrows. If you just use the search function you should be able to find them if that option sounds interesting. And just for the record the soap does not work well on everyone. It does not work well on my dark eyebrows, I have to use the wax.