PDA

View Full Version : The Imperial Walker

daguru
05-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Hiya. I was that annoying guy who wore the Biker Scout armor wherever I went. I have this one question: Did I kill the joke and should never wear it at another anime con OR would it still be funny and I should keep using it, but not too much?

Flik
05-19-2004, 09:59 PM
As long as you dance or march to Star Wars music, it's all good.

effembee
05-19-2004, 10:03 PM
As long as you dance or march to Star Wars music, it's all good.
It's all about the music! *lol*

Rini210
05-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I started cracking up when I saw you. I should have taken your picture! Eh, but I didn't. That was amazing, though, you should do it again.

The-Real-Link
05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
You have my support 100% of the way man. I mean yes there's using a joke so much it becomes old but in moderation or at cons it's a great sight to see. I always get a kick out of it :)

Bobbi
05-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Hehe I thought your costume was pretty cool. I got a good laugh out of it. The walker just made the costume. ^^

MagiusT
05-19-2004, 11:54 PM
The best part was when I needed the keys to the car, and you had them. Asking for the "keys to the walker" was rather amusing.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-20-2004, 12:14 AM
never saw you..

Alisa
05-20-2004, 01:10 AM
I was standing behind you and a very avid anime congoing fan at the pre-reg line. I don't know her, but dang she was mean to you. I felt sorry. She was the one asking you what convention you were going to and why the heck you were in a Star Wars outfit rather than an anime or game outfit. She was even saying that you would be kicked out.

I sorta laughed at that last part, but I think everyone should wear whatever they want at a convention, as long as they aren't butt naked or something like that. I liked your costume. You don't see the "normal" dressed people getting yelled at for not cosplaying or anything. Therefore if one wears a costume that isn't from anime or Japanese culture at an anime convention, I sorta put them under the "other" category.

Janayia Jade
05-20-2004, 03:12 PM
She said he should be kicked out? o_O That's harsh!

I actually didn't see you (*cry*) but when I saw pictures of you I was cracking up. It's a great costume and I don't think it matters what you wear at any con; the point is to just have fun ^_^

P.S. Would you mind if I posted a picture of you on the forums of my SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) guild? I'd love to show them and I know they'd enjoy it ^_^

Zelyre
05-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I was standing behind you and a very avid anime congoing fan at the pre-reg line. I don't know her, but dang she was mean to you. I felt sorry. She was the one asking you what convention you were going to and why the heck you were in a Star Wars outfit rather than an anime or game outfit. She was even saying that you would be kicked out.

I sorta laughed at that last part, but I think everyone should wear whatever they want at a convention, as long as they aren't butt naked or something like that. I liked your costume. You don't see the "normal" dressed people getting yelled at for not cosplaying or anything. Therefore if one wears a costume that isn't from anime or Japanese culture at an anime convention, I sorta put them under the "other" category.

I think I ran into this person while waiting for an elevator. She was the only one to bug me about my Ravenclaw costume.

And since I'm a supporter of the Imperial Navy, um... "boo, hiss" to your costume. But, no it rocked, I thought it was funny (in a "I'm insulted, you Rebel scum" kinda way) and the storm trooper outfit was sooo cool!

*whips out his Star Wars Trilogy mangas*

daguru
05-20-2004, 08:04 PM
You have my support 100% of the way man. I mean yes there's using a joke so much it becomes old but in moderation or at cons it's a great sight to see. I always get a kick out of it :)

heh

I just don't want it to go the way of the "cosplay chair" :rolleyes:

Nice Idea Alisa. LONG LIVE THE OTHERS!